PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sherck
02-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Throw your thoughts and opinions about possible free agents (our own or someone else's) in this thread.

First up.

Mario Williams was just cut by MIA.

OLB at BUF piling up 38.0 sacks and 126 tackles from 2012 - 2014 playing in 48 out of 48 games.

19 tackles and 5.0 sacks with BUF in 2015 in 15 games.

13 tackles and 1.5 sacks with MIA in 2016 in 13 games.

Is he the OLB that he was in BUF? Or is he washed up and mis-schemed as a 4-3 DE in MIA?

Thoughts? Go for him? How much? How long?

Cheers,

omahacolt
02-16-2017, 07:21 PM
mario williams is washed up imo

Indiana V2
02-16-2017, 07:56 PM
mario williams is washed up imo

I didn't know he was still playing. Sounds like somebody Grigson would sign, hopefully Ballard passes.

Coltsalr
02-16-2017, 08:44 PM
Mario Williams has been wholly unproductive the last two seasons and he's been trashed by his last two coaches publicly.

Sounds like Trent Cole 2.0; sounds like a Day One signing for Grigson.

omahacolt
02-16-2017, 09:44 PM
Mario Williams has been wholly unproductive the last two seasons and he's been trashed by his last two coaches publicly.

Sounds like Trent Cole 2.0; sounds like a Day One signing for Grigson.

Sounds like someone Pagano would love

Puck
02-24-2017, 06:53 AM
Mario Addison maybe?

Micah Hyde could be a younger option than Butler at safety

Coltsalr
02-24-2017, 11:12 AM
Jay GlazerVerified account
‏@JayGlazer
Another strong tackle option appears headed to free agency as the broncos have informed Russell Okung they will not be picking up his option

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another proven, capable player to the right side of our OL. I'd probably prefer to go Guard, but I'd be happy with either.

Dam8610
02-24-2017, 03:25 PM
‏@JayGlazer
Another strong tackle option appears headed to free agency as the broncos have informed Russell Okung they will not be picking up his option

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another proven, capable player to the right side of our OL. I'd probably prefer to go Guard, but I'd be happy with either.

I'd want to know why two teams at this point have essentially decided he wasn't worth keeping, especially in Denver's case at below market rates, before I signed him. He seems to be a quality LT, so I don't understand the issue.

omahacolt
02-24-2017, 05:38 PM
‏@JayGlazer

hasn't he always played left tackle? i am pretty sure he has

FatDT
02-24-2017, 06:09 PM
He's brittle and overrated. Denver chose to avoid paying him $12 million per year going forward.

Coltsalr
02-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Mario Addison maybe?

Micah Hyde could be a younger option than Butler at safety

Panthers are keeping Addison:

Panthers re-signed DE Mario Addison to a three-year, $22.5 million contract.
He got $11.5 million guaranteed. Addison isn't a household name, but he is a big keep for Carolina. The 29-year-old rotational edge rusher led the Panthers in sacks (9.5) last season and has at least six quarterback takedowns in three straight years. Panthers GM Dave Gettleman's two biggest offseason priorities were retaining Addison and free agent DT Kawann Short. Short will almost certainly be franchise tagged by Wednesday's deadline.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Feb 26 - 5:04 PM

sherck
02-27-2017, 11:53 AM
ESPN's Ed Werder reports that unless something changes before Wednesday's deadline, the Chiefs are expected to franchise tag SS Eric Berry and let free agent NT Dontari Poe reach the market.
This is good news for the Colts as Poe would be a great NT to rotate with Parry. Or, he will at least let some other team take the "top" off the NT market.

I liked Parry's game in 2016 and felt like he was one of the few D-Linemen that played well (along with Ridgeway in a "not expecting much from him" way). I think Parry will be even more effective if he has a quality "partner in crime" at NT (better than Kerr) to share snaps with and know that he can stay fresh as the game goes on.

Poe is coming off his rookie contract and made $6.146m last year under the "5th year" clause on 1st round draft choices.

However, it would also be wise to kick the ties on the other NTs that are hitting the open market as many of them are fairly poorly paid, had 2016 performances that were better or nearly equal to Poe and will cost a WHOLE lot less money.

Current NT cap hits:

Cap Hit is 2017 cap hit if not a free agent or 2016 cap hit if he is a free agent. Stats are from 2016 season.

$04.657m = 68 tackles / 8 TFL / 7.0 sacks / Leonard Williams, NYJ
$02.925m = 59 tackles / 1 TFL / 1.5 sacks / Danny Shelton, CLE
$01.799m = 51 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks / Brandon Williams, BAL (Free Agent)
$00.625m = 47 tackles / 1 TFL / 3.0 sacks / David Parry, IND
$16.085m = 39 tackles / 3 TFL / 3.5 sacks / Marcell Dareus, BUF
$00.905m = 33 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks / Ziggy Hood, WAS (Free Agent)
$01.013m = 29 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks / Sylvester Williams, DEN (Free Agent)
$00.733m = 27 tackles / 3 TFL / 2.0 sacks / Javon Hargrave, PIT
$06.146m = 27 tackles / 1 TFL / 1.5 sacks / Dontari Poe, KC (Free Agent)
$00.525m = 26 tackles / 1 TFL / 0.0 sacks / Mike Purcell, SF (RFA)
$02.765m = 24 tackles / 2 TFL / 1.0 sacks / Glenn Dorsey, SF (Free Agent)

Of interest are both Purcell and Dorsey as SF is moving from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense and neither may fit into their D-Line plans.

With the exception of Dareus and Poe, most of these guys are pretty low paid. While I think Poe would be a good addition, perhaps targeting one of the "lesser names" who is playing above or as effectively as Poe might be a better strategy.

It is going to be an interesting month.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
02-27-2017, 01:39 PM
Not that there was ever any real chance, but it's officially impossible:

Albert Breer
‏@AlbertBreer
The Cardinals have officially placed the franchise tag on OLB/DE Chandler Jones.

Coltsalr
02-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Other players expected to be tagged by Wednesday deadline include Kirk Cousins, Le'Veon Bell, Kawann Short, Melvin Ingram, Trumaine Johnson.

Melvin Ingram getting the tag is mildly surprising and disappointing in that I think he'd be a nice fit at pass rush.

Donta Hightower is a notable admission, getting him would obviously be a very nice addition.

sherck
02-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Must ask Arthur Jones to take pay cut or get cut.

Must re-sign Jack Doyle to starter money.

Should re-sign Darius Butler to good depth money ($4m a year).

Exercise Exclusive Restricted Free Agent tag on Erik Swoope.

Let everyone else hit the open market and see what happens.

My list of free agent targets:

NT:
Brandon Williams, BAL
Dontari Poe, KC
Ziggy Hood, WAS

5-Tech DE:
Calais Campbell, ARI
Chris Baker, WAS

OLB:
Nick Perry, GB
Jabaal Sheard, NE
John Simon, HOU

ILB:
Dont'a Hightower, NE
Zach Brown, BUF
Gerald Hodges, SF

CB:
Stephon Gilmore, BUF
A.J. Bouye, HOU
Trumaine Johnson, LAR
Logan Ryan, NE

Safety:
Tony Jefferson, ARI
Barry Church, DAL
Jonathan Cyprien, JAX

Add pretty much any three guys from three different position groups in the above list and that really shapes our draft board for April.

My hope would be to find one at each level (D-Line, LB, Secondary) to add veteran experience and then reinforce with the draft taking at least one at each level with our 1st - 3th round picks and then using the two picks 4th round picks to reinforce the defense and then add RB or O-Line.

Other Free Agents I am Interested In:
RB Jacquizz Rodgers, TB
RB Latavius Murray, OAK
OG Kevin Zeitler, CIN
OG T.J. Lang, GB
OG Larry Warford, DET
OT Ricky Wagner, BAL
OT Marshall Newhouse, NYG
WR Robert Woods, BUF
WR Kenny Stills, MIA

In Ballard we trust?

Cheers,

HoosierinFL
02-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Well we just signed T/G Fahn Cooper from San Fran's practice squad:
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/ROSTER-UPDATE-Colts-Sign-TG-Fahn-Cooper/2240f370-6776-482e-80fb-fe1df5413ac2?sf59001307=1

Puck
02-27-2017, 04:49 PM
Must ask Arthur Jones to take pay cut or get cut.

Must re-sign Jack Doyle to starter money.

Should re-sign Darius Butler to good depth money ($4m a year).

Exercise Exclusive Restricted Free Agent tag on Erik Swoope.

Let everyone else hit the open market and see what happens.

My list of free agent targets:

NT:
Brandon Williams, BAL
Dontari Poe, KC
Ziggy Hood, WAS

5-Tech DE:
Calais Campbell, ARI
Chris Baker, WAS

OLB:
Nick Perry, GB
Jabaal Sheard, NE
John Simon, HOU

ILB:
Dont'a Hightower, NE
Zach Brown, BUF
Gerald Hodges, SF

CB:
Stephon Gilmore, BUF
A.J. Bouye, HOU
Trumaine Johnson, LAR
Logan Ryan, NE

Safety:
Tony Jefferson, ARI
Barry Church, DAL
Jonathan Cyprien, JAX

Add pretty much any three guys from three different position groups in the above list and that really shapes our draft board for April.

My hope would be to find one at each level (D-Line, LB, Secondary) to add veteran experience and then reinforce with the draft taking at least one at each level with our 1st - 3th round picks and then using the two picks 4th round picks to reinforce the defense and then add RB or O-Line.

Other Free Agents I am Interested In:
RB Jacquizz Rodgers, TB
RB Latavius Murray, OAK
OG Kevin Zeitler, CIN
OG T.J. Lang, GB
OG Larry Warford, DET
OT Ricky Wagner, BAL
OT Marshall Newhouse, NYG
WR Robert Woods, BUF
WR Kenny Stills, MIA

In Ballard we trust?

Cheers,

Surprised you dont have Micah Hyde listed at safety. He is younger than Butler and can play multiple positions

sherck
02-27-2017, 05:01 PM
Surprised you dont have Micah Hyde listed at safety. He is younger than Butler and can play multiple positions
I don't dislike Hyde at all. I just dont think he is a "prize" in free agency.

He is Lowery part 2...solid but not great.

Butler is known. Hyde is not

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sherck
02-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Eric Berry, Chiefs finalizing six-year, $78 million deal

KC is currently only $4m under the cap so Berry's new cap hit will mean they need to do some roster trimming or contract restructuring to have any more cap room for the future.

Cutting either Alex Smith or Nick Foles delivers about $9m in cap relief in either case paying for Berry's new contract.

WR Jeremy Maclin delivers $5m in relief.
OT Eric Fisher delivers $9m in relief.
DT Jaye Howard delivers $4m in relief.

No one else delivers more than about $2.5m in cap relief.

Now that Berry is signed, that theoretically means that they could tag Poe. However, the projected tag amount for DTs is $14.770m so, perhaps they might balk at doing so.

Still a good chance of Poe hitting free agency.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
02-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Around The NFL‏Verified account @AroundTheNFL 57s57 seconds ago
More
BREAKING: Chiefs will release veteran RB Jamaal Charles today http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788339/article/kansas-city-chiefs-to-part-ways-with-jamaal-charles?campaign=Twitter_atn …

I guess we'll find out soon if Ballard has a pro-KC bias.

sherck
02-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Around The NFL‏Verified account @AroundTheNFL 57s57 seconds ago
More
BREAKING: Chiefs will release veteran RB Jamaal Charles today http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788339/article/kansas-city-chiefs-to-part-ways-with-jamaal-charles?campaign=Twitter_atn …

I guess we'll find out soon if Ballard has a pro-KC bias.

2008 - 2013: 80 games played, 21 100 yard rushing games = 26.25% of games
2014 - 2016: 23 games played, 02 100 yard rushing games = 08.70% of games

He is not the RB that he once was. 2013 when he had 1,980 combined rush / receiving yards was a long time ago.

That said, I would kick the tires.

Gore, Charles and a 4th round draft pick with Turbin, Todman or Ferguson as the #4 would end up being an intriguing RB group for 2017.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
02-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
Just in: @_sportstrust informed that Patriots' LB @zeus30hightower will not be given franchise tag. Hightower now expected to test market.

Yeah yeah, Patriots bias.

No, he's not a pass-rusher by trade (though he'd arguably instantly become our best pass rushing threat, sadly), but we're also in dire need of ILB help, specifically in terms of coverage and run-stopping, where he's an absolute weapon.

We're not supposed to splurge in free agency, I realize, and he'll likely be given a fairly massive contract, but I do believe it'd be worth it to bring in a guy that'd be a leader for our defense and really shore up a position of desperate need.

sherck
02-28-2017, 05:20 PM
We have to get some starting LB from free agency.

Going into 2017 with starting LBers of Edwin Jackson, Morrison and 2 rookie OLBers would be a disaster.

Cheers,

omahacolt
02-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
Just in: @_sportstrust informed that Patriots' LB @zeus30hightower will not be given franchise tag. Hightower now expected to test market.

Yeah yeah, Patriots bias.

No, he's not a pass-rusher by trade (though he'd arguably instantly become our best pass rushing threat, sadly), but we're also in dire need of ILB help, specifically in terms of coverage and run-stopping, where he's an absolute weapon.

We're not supposed to splurge in free agency, I realize, and he'll likely be given a fairly massive contract, but I do believe it'd be worth it to bring in a guy that'd be a leader for our defense and really shore up a position of desperate need.
it pretty much never fails

why do you even post here

Coltsalr
02-28-2017, 08:48 PM
it pretty much never fails

why do you even post here

To remind everyone how much of a trainwreck your wet dream hero Grigson was.

Coltsalr
02-28-2017, 09:21 PM
@RapSheet
Source: The #Saints will release big-money safety Jairus Byrd on first day of FA. Another top DB available.

An FA darling of Dam (and others) three years ago...

sherck
02-28-2017, 09:30 PM
@RapSheet
Source: The #Saints will release big-money safety Jairus Byrd on first day of FA. Another top DB available.

I wanted him.

I have no idea if I want him in 2017, however.

Cheers,

omahacolt
02-28-2017, 10:46 PM
@RapSheet

Haha another example of dam being wrong

GoBigBlue88
02-28-2017, 11:27 PM
With Ingram off the market, not too many pass-rush guys I can really get excited about. Better to build through the draft, even if it takes a few drafts. Although if you can get Nick Perry at a decent price (and that's a long-term context price), I think you might take a look there.

I'd be curious to see what Bouye's pricetag is, but almost guarantee he's priced out of Colts' range (seriously, look at the cap space of all these other teams...)

So I'm mainly all for re-signing Darius Butler, kicking around a few Tony Jefferson/Dre Kirkpatrick types, and then moving on to the draft with some cap space intact for a better use of it next year.

Coltsalr
03-01-2017, 10:31 AM
According to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, free agent RG Kevin Zeitler is expected to sign a deal "close to $10 million per year, if not slightly over that amount."
Steelers RG David DeCastro and Bears RG Kyle Long both make $10 million per year as the league's two highest-paid right guards. With the inflation of the salary cap and Zeitler already one of the best guards in the game, he could easily top $10 million per year. Pauline hears the Bengals aren't prepared to go that high for Zeitler. Zeitler is arguably the top offensive lineman available.

Yes, that would be a lot. It would be a metric fuckton. However, as I've said before, if the Colts want to go truly crazy in investing in the OL, I'll never complain.

I'd use resources to that degree personally elsewhere, but I couldn't fault them if they decided to over-correct.

Coltsalr
03-01-2017, 11:38 AM
@RapSheet
#Chiefs are not expected to franchise tag Dontari Poe. The #Ravens are not expected to tag Brandon Williams. Big DTs hitting the FA market

I'll take both!

natagu23
03-01-2017, 11:44 AM
According to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, free agent RG Kevin Zeitler is expected to sign a deal "close to $10 million per year, if not slightly over that amount."
Steelers RG David DeCastro and Bears RG Kyle Long both make $10 million per year as the league's two highest-paid right guards. With the inflation of the salary cap and Zeitler already one of the best guards in the game, he could easily top $10 million per year. Pauline hears the Bengals aren't prepared to go that high for Zeitler. Zeitler is arguably the top offensive lineman available.

Yes, that would be a lot. It would be a metric fuckton. However, as I've said before, if the Colts want to go truly crazy in investing in the OL, I'll never complain.

I'd use resources to that degree personally elsewhere, but I couldn't fault them if they decided to over-correct.

Nope. Zeilter is a solid run and pass blocker, but he would command too much money.

Bring in Warford. Currently, the oline is a decent pass blocking unit. We need a run mauler to give it more balance.

Plus, he'd be considerably cheaper.

PeytonsForehead
03-01-2017, 11:51 AM
@RapSheet
#Chiefs are not expected to franchise tag Dontari Poe. The #Ravens are not expected to tag Brandon Williams. Big DTs hitting the FA market

I'll take both!

Would love to get one of the two for sure. :D:D:D

Coltsalr
03-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Longtime Texans beat writer John McClain believes there's an "80 percent" chance Houston re-signs free agent CB A.J. Bouye.
The Texans won't tag Bouye, but it sounds like they're open to meeting Bouye's lofty demands. Still just 25, Bouye is expected to net at least $12 million annually. The Texans have a ton of money tied up in cornerbacks, including Johnathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson, and former first-rounder Kevin Johnson, but if they re-sign Bouye, aging vet Joseph could become expendable. Bouye looked like a true shutdown cover man in 2016.
Source: Mike Meltser on Twitter Mar 1 - 11:00 AM

Talk about a guy that's not coming here, but that has been talked about.

Bottom line is, with Vontae already on the roster and with Patrick Robinson making a salary that isn't insignificant, too many resources are already being dedicated for the Colts to pay the big ticket, highest paid CB in the NFL, good as he may be.

Coltsalr
03-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Nope. Zeilter is a solid run and pass blocker, but he would command too much money.

Bring in Warford. Currently, the oline is a decent pass blocking unit. We need a run mauler to give it more balance.

Plus, he'd be considerably cheaper.

Warford would be preferable, particularly at his price tag. Ronald Leary probably won't command $10M per year either.

Like I said though, if the Colts want to go insane and give Luck an insanely great OL, I'm not gonna complain. If they go big ticket at Guard and then draft Cam Robinson at RT, I'm still not gonna bitch. I won't agree with it, but after seeing Luck get pummeled, that's that.

I know it's not gonna happen, however. Ballard is defense first. Ballard hasn't been with the Colts the past five years, he hasn't experienced seeing his franchise QB get destroyed. He's not emotionally invested in the past.

Dam8610
03-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Warford would be preferable, particularly at his price tag. Ronald Leary probably won't command $10M per year either.

Like I said though, if the Colts want to go insane and give Luck an insanely great OL, I'm not gonna complain. If they go big ticket at Guard and then draft Cam Robinson at RT, I'm still not gonna bitch. I won't agree with it, but after seeing Luck get pummeled, that's that.

I know it's not gonna happen, however. Ballard is defense first. Ballard hasn't been with the Colts the past five years, he hasn't experienced seeing his franchise QB get destroyed. He's not emotionally invested in the past.

Any GM who makes personnel decisions based on emotional investment in the past isn't going to be a GM for very long.

natagu23
03-01-2017, 03:38 PM

Cam Robinson is an intriguing prospect. He doesn't have quick feet, but he was pretty solid against Myles Garrett.

I imagine a lot of teams see him as a RT or guard. He could play LT as well if need be, but that wouldn't be ideal.

Coltsalr
03-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Any GM who makes personnel decisions based on emotional investment in the past isn't going to be a GM for very long.

Grigson making decisions based off his emotional investment instead of his own retarded intuition might've been an improvement.

And sadly, he was a GM for far, far too long.

Coltsalr
03-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Ballard was just on Dakich.

He emphasized that he's not just defense first, that he's trenches first. He's all about being strong up front, offensively and defensively. He said that you never want to pass up a future Hall of Famer at a non position of need (mentioned Reggie Wayne), but if it's close, then he's gonna go with the guy that's strong up front (with that attitude, we likely end up with Malcolm Brown/Eddie Goldman).

I'm guessing this means no 1st round RB (probably for the best), but who knows if any of this is a smokescreen and we admittedly have no access to Ballard's board, so we have no idea if Ballard sees Cook/Fournette as being world's better and a future HOFer, I suppose.

Puck
03-01-2017, 05:17 PM
There are so many holes on this defense that I would rather Ballard upgrade a bunch of positions with "better" guys than blow is wad on one or two superstars

Back to my case for Micah Hyde. I would take the lesser of the contracts between he and Butler. I just hope Pags hasnt filled Ballard FOS saying he can make Butler or Robinson into a shutdown corner. BECAUSE HE CANT!!

omahacolt
03-01-2017, 07:03 PM
There are so many holes on this defense that I would rather Ballard upgrade a bunch of positions with "better" guys than blow is wad on one or two superstars

Back to my case for Micah Hyde. I would take the lesser of the contracts between he and Butler. I just hope Pags hasnt filled Ballard FOS saying he can make Butler or Robinson into a shutdown corner. BECAUSE HE CANT!!

micah hyde isn't very good. i take butler all day over him.

Puck
03-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Ballard was just on Dakich.

He emphasized that he's not just defense first, that he's trenches first. He's all about being strong up front, offensively and defensively. He said that you never want to pass up a future Hall of Famer at a non position of need (mentioned Reggie Wayne), but if it's close, then he's gonna go with the guy that's strong up front (with that attitude, we likely end up with Malcolm Brown/Eddie Goldman).

I'm guessing this means no 1st round RB (probably for the best), but who knows if any of this is a smokescreen and we admittedly have no access to Ballard's board, so we have no idea if Ballard sees Cook/Fournette as being world's better and a future HOFer, I suppose.

Here is an interview Appears to me he would lean toward not spending a lot on anyone person and his reasons are well reasonable.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chris-Ballard-To-Use-Caution-In-Free-Agency-/67480387-162a-483a-b793-162c3e42a99a

“When you pay that amount of money, you have to be right on the character that you are bringing into your building.”

"He has to be a fit, he has to be a fit for what you are doing offensively and defensively. That’s where my fear of free agency comes in. Is he a good fit? Is he the type of person that is going to come in and the other players are not going to resent him because he is making an amount of money? If he is a worker and a good teammate and he is going to help us win then they will buy in and he will be a good player for us.

Coltsalr
03-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Zak Keefer‏ @zkeefer
On #Colts free agent front, was told yesterday team has had “zero discussions” with safety Mike Adams.

Coltsalr
03-02-2017, 11:00 AM
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the 49ers, Titans, and Eagles will be "potential suitors" for free agent Alshon Jeffery if he hits the open market.
Anderson adds the Bears are interested in bringing Jeffery back, but it seems like that ship has sailed. The reality is most teams will be interested in Jeffery, who is easily the best receiver available in free agency. Jeffery could push A.J. Green ($15 million AAV) to be the second-highest paid receiver in the league.
Related: Eagles, 49ers, Titans
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Good, those are the sort of teams you would expect to be after him and I'm glad we're not one of them!

Coltsalr
03-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Impending free agent DE Calais Campbell will meet with the Cardinals at the combine.
After using the franchise tag on OLB Chandler Jones, it seems unlikely the Cardinals will be able to retain Campbell as well, but they certainly should give it a shot. Even going on 31, Campbell is the most impactful defensive lineman available on the market and should land a massive deal. With S Tony Jefferson also headed to free agency, Arizona's defense could take a big hit this offseason.
Source: ESPN

Certainly wouldn't be opposed to bringing him onboard. Kick the tires, Ballard!

Coltsalr
03-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Jets coach Todd Bowles was non-committal on the future of DE Sheldon Richardson.
The Jets are fully expected to attempt to trade Richardson this offseason, but they might not like what they are offered. Richardson is undoubtedly talented, but he has a history of off-field issues and everyone knows the Jets want to trade him. ESPN's Rich Cimini has speculated they may have to settle for a third round pick.
Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Who here would give up a 3rd rounder for Sheldon Richardson?

FatDT
03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Jets coach Todd Bowles was non-committal on the future of DE Sheldon Richardson.
The Jets are fully expected to attempt to trade Richardson this offseason, but they might not like what they are offered. Richardson is undoubtedly talented, but he has a history of off-field issues and everyone knows the Jets want to trade him. ESPN's Rich Cimini has speculated they may have to settle for a third round pick.
Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Who here would give up a 3rd rounder for Sheldon Richardson?

He seems like a player that is going to be suspended indefinitely sometime in the next two seasons. I'd rather sign Campbell. We don't need to add knuckleheads.

omahacolt
03-02-2017, 03:45 PM
He seems like a player that is going to be suspended indefinitely sometime in the next two seasons. I'd rather sign Campbell. We don't need to add knuckleheads.

i agree

although richardson would sure be a good fit

omahacolt
03-02-2017, 03:46 PM
bbbboooooooooo fuck you ballard

you piece of shit

damn you alr.

HoosierinFL
03-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Zak Keefer‏ @zkeefer
On #Colts free agent front, was told yesterday team has had “zero discussions” with safety Mike Adams.

Just saw that and came to post it. Sounds like a youth movement for real.

sherck
03-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Just saw that and came to post it. Sounds like a youth movement for real.
As it should be.

Love what Mike has done for us but if he is higher than 4th on our safety depth chart signed for vet min then we did something wrong.

You just cannot sign a non-kicker 35 year old player early in free agency.

Cheers,

omahacolt
03-02-2017, 06:38 PM
As it should be.

Love what Mike has done for us but if he is higher than 4th on our safety depth chart signed for vet min then we did something wrong.

You just cannot sign a non-kicker 35 year old player early in free agency.

Cheers,

qb? brady might be available soon to be Lucks backup

sherck
03-02-2017, 07:50 PM
qb? brady might be available soon to be Lucks backup
You know, I almost added QB to kicker in my post and then decided to not in order to give someone the righteous feeling of correcting me

You, Sir, win the prize. Well done.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-02-2017, 08:36 PM
There are a lot of needs for the Colts to address, and those needs are primarily on the defensive side of the football. That doesn’t mean they won’t address the offensive side, however, and Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson today provided an update on some offensive areas the Colts might go after.

According to Robinson, the Colts will be one of the teams to pursue a top guard in free agency, while they’ve also been exploring the backup quarterback market.

Robinson clarified later that the top four guards in free agency are viewed to be Kevin Zeitler, T.J. Lang, Ronald Leary, and Larry Warford. Any of those guys would be able to help the Colts talent-wise, especially since things are still uncertain on the right side of the line. Chris Ballard has been pretty clear about the fact that he likes Anthony Castonzo, Jack Mewhort, and Ryan Kelly up front, but he’s been less committal about the right side. He’s mentioned that they need to shore up that side of the line and has had some positive things to say about Joe Haeg and Le’Raven Clark, but nothing that would give the impression that they’ll for sure be starting. A lot of that surely depends on who the Colts add this offseason, which might be why Ballard hasn’t really been committal yet.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/2/14795112/report-colts-exploring-top-free-agent-guards-backup-quarterbacks

Interesting, though I'm liking this.

I'll take an insanely good OL in front of Luck.

omahacolt
03-02-2017, 09:12 PM
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/2/14795112/report-colts-exploring-top-free-agent-guards-backup-quarterbacks

Interesting, though I'm liking this.

I'll take an insanely good OL in front of Luck.

I never complain with adding oline talent

omahacolt
03-02-2017, 09:14 PM
You know, I almost added QB to kicker in my post and then decided to not in order to give someone the righteous feeling of correcting me

You, Sir, win the prize. Well done.

Cheers,

Thanks shrek.

Sent from my gerbil injector 2000 using tapatalkie

FatDT
03-03-2017, 09:59 AM
i agree

although richardson would sure be a good fit

Great player. Better than I thought he'd be. I don't trust him to not make bad decisions though.

Coltsalr
03-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Brandon Marshall joined Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis and others on the Jets’ discard pile on Thursday and the team’s culling of veterans after a dismal 2016 season may not be complete.

Marshall’s running mate at wideout Eric Decker could join them on the chopping block. Manish Mehta and John Healy of the New York Daily News report that it won’t be a surprise if Decker is released upon passing a physical this offseason. Dropping Decker from the roster would save the Jets $5.75 million under the cap.

When a physical might happen is unclear as Decker is recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries that are expected to keep him on the sideline through much or all of the team’s offseason work.

Whether his absence turns out to be permanent or temporary, the Jets are going to be giving young receivers like Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Devin Smith, Charone Peaks and Jalin Marshall plenty of opportunities in an offseason of major change.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/03/eric-decker-could-join-the-exodus-of-jets-veterans/

Anyone want anybody from the Jets purge?

Brandon Marshall is a pain in the ass and he's lost a step. Pass.

Nick Mangold would've been fine in years past, but has he ever played a position besides Center? If they think he'll play Guard well then sure, but there's robust enough of a Guard market that moving him to there seems like a move that would probably be too much work when I'm sure he could find a Center position elsewhere.

Darrelle Revis is completely done as a CB and might only work as a Safety. We do have a need at Safety and we have been trotting out older than average Safeties for the past couple years but does anyone trust Revis to totally buy into Pagano's program? Neither do I.

I'll take Decker if he can clear a physical. Yes, I know we have ample investment in Hilton/Moncrief/Dorsett. But what did Moncrief really show in 2016? What has Dorsett ever shown ever? Having a WR that knows where he's supposed to be would be kind of nice. It's moot, however, because it's not going to happen. Decker's not coming to a team with a WR room as crowded as ours and Ballard certainly isn't investing enough money in Decker to sway him otherwise.

Lov2fish
03-03-2017, 03:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/03/eric-decker-could-join-the-exodus-of-jets-veterans/

Anyone want anybody from the Jets purge?

Brandon Marshall is a pain in the ass and he's lost a step. Pass.

Nick Mangold would've been fine in years past, but has he ever played a position besides Center? If they think he'll play Guard well then sure, but there's robust enough of a Guard market that moving him to there seems like a move that would probably be too much work when I'm sure he could find a Center position elsewhere.

Darrelle Revis is completely done as a CB and might only work as a Safety. We do have a need at Safety and we have been trotting out older than average Safeties for the past couple years but does anyone trust Revis to totally buy into Pagano's program? Neither do I.

I'll take Decker if he can clear a physical. Yes, I know we have ample investment in Hilton/Moncrief/Dorsett. But what did Moncrief really show in 2016? What has Dorsett ever shown ever? Having a WR that knows where he's supposed to be would be kind of nice. It's moot, however, because it's not going to happen. Decker's not coming to a team with a WR room as crowded as ours and Ballard certainly isn't investing enough money in Decker to sway him otherwise.

Dude, the jizz is still not dry on your chin from last time Decker was a FA. He is not going to be a Colt. He is not worth what he is getting paid now. Let it go.

Coltsalr
03-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Dude, the jizz is still not dry on your chin from last time Decker was a FA. He is not going to be a Colt. He is not worth what he is getting paid now. Let it go.

Which I freely acknowledged in my post.

He would've better than Hakeem Nicks/Andre Johnson/Dorsett, that's for sure.

It doesn't take much to be smarter than Grigson, but those that blindly trusted in him are the ones that deserve even more scrutiny, not those that could point out that he sucked.

natagu23
03-04-2017, 07:02 AM

It doesn't take much to be smarter than Grigson, but those that blindly trusted in him are the ones that deserve even more scrutiny, not those that could point out that he sucked.

Leave Omaha's Grigsy alone.

Dam8610
03-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Leave Omaha's Grigsy alone.

His obsession with Grigson has neared Mike Doss levels. I don't know why he likes to idolize people who are terrible at their jobs.

omahacolt
03-04-2017, 12:05 PM
His obsession with Grigson has neared Mike Doss levels. I don't know why he likes to idolize people who are terrible at their jobs.

you fucking idiots think i idolize grigson but i don't. not even close.

haven't complained once that he was fired.

Luck4Reich
03-04-2017, 07:41 PM
you fucking idiots think i idolize grigson but i don't. not even close.

haven't complained once that he was fired.

I agree... never saw anything that said Omaha was pro Grigson... He has said that Pagano was as much to blame for the bad performances...

Omaha... listen Dam has become as big of a turd as Tom Simpson. Actually I would prefer TomSimpson at this point.

Coltsalr
03-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Amongst the defenders that weren't tagged that are expected to hit the open market, they're also expected to get PAID:

PFT's Mike Florio reports free agent CB Stephon Gilmore is aiming for $14 million-plus annually on the open market.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Mar 5 - 1:17 PM

FA Calais Campbell atop Broncos' wish list?
9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports free agent DE Calais Campbell is high on the Broncos' wish list, perhaps No. 1 if they don't pursue Tony Romo.
The Broncos have made it known that fixing both their defensive and offensive lines is a priority for 2017. Campbell might be the top 3-4 end available and went to high school in Denver. He's entering his age-31 season, but Campbell remained one of the best at his position last season, recording 12 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Campbell could command $12 million-plus per year.
Source: 9 News Denver Mar 5 - 9:47 AM

Dam8610
03-05-2017, 03:07 PM
I agree... never saw anything that said Omaha was pro Grigson... He has said that Pagano was as much to blame for the bad performances...

Omaha... listen Dam has become as big of a turd as Tom Simpson. Actually I would prefer TomSimpson at this point.

Omaha outright posted on the other board that Grigson was a "great GM". How is that not pro Grigson?

Coltsalr
03-05-2017, 03:17 PM
I always think back to this thread where Omaha basically defended everything Grigson ever did:

http://coltfreaks.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2069&p=71736

In fairness, by the time the start of the 2016 season rolled around, Omaha had walked back his defend at all costs approach, but that's where I'm always referencing.

Puck
03-05-2017, 04:08 PM

You forgot to add that he would be cost more than all three of those guys combined.

omahacolt
03-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Omaha outright posted on the other board that Grigson was a "great GM". How is that not pro Grigson?

Sarcasm you twat

Coltsalr
03-05-2017, 05:41 PM
You forgot to add that he would be cost more than all three of those guys combined.

Okay, you forgot to add that most people on this board would probably do better than Nicks/DHB/Johnson combined.

Puck
03-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Okay, you forgot to add that most people on this board would probably do better than Nicks/DHB/Johnson combined.

That's dumb

Coltsalr
03-05-2017, 08:39 PM
That's dumb

Just like most of Grigson's acquisitions.

omahacolt
03-05-2017, 09:44 PM

Weren't most people here happy with all of those guys?

I know I was excited about Johnson

Indiana V2
03-06-2017, 09:32 AM
About Free Agency time, we definitely need a lot of help, but can't be foolish with our spending either. It will be interesting to see how Ballard mixes things up, without messing things up.

Coltsalr
03-06-2017, 09:46 AM
According to Yahoo's Charles Robinson, "multiple NFL sources" anticipate free agent Mike Glennon landing a deal worth $14-15 million per year.
It's only $3-4 million short of last year's Brock Osweiler benchmark. (Osweiler landed $18 million annually from the Texans.) Glennon showed plus decision-making skills as an 18-game starter his first two years in the league, but he is timid in the pocket and a poor downfield passer, offering what amounts to a game-manager skill set. He may end up as 2017's most overpaid free agent.
Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter Mar 5 - 10:22 PM

It is amazing how much teams struggle and how desperate they get to fill the quarterback position. We've been extraordinarily fortunate to have the QB that we've had. The fact that we were 8-8 last year is a testament to how incompetent our brass truly was.

Coltsalr
03-06-2017, 09:48 AM
The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec believes the "ship has sailed" on the Ravens re-signing free agent RT Rick Wagner.
The Ravens probably offered Wagner a Mitchell Schwartz-level deal, but he's going to push to become the NFL's highest paid right tackle, if not command low-end left tackle money. Zrebiec also believes free agent NT Brandon Williams will walk. The Ravens have a potential in-house replacement for Williams in second-year NT Michael Pierce, but there is a huge hole at Wagner's position.
Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter Mar 5 - 5:58 PM

And I'll take both!

FatDT
03-06-2017, 10:13 AM
The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec believes the "ship has sailed" on the Ravens re-signing free agent RT Rick Wagner.
The Ravens probably offered Wagner a Mitchell Schwartz-level deal, but he's going to push to become the NFL's highest paid right tackle, if not command low-end left tackle money. Zrebiec also believes free agent NT Brandon Williams will walk. The Ravens have a potential in-house replacement for Williams in second-year NT Michael Pierce, but there is a huge hole at Wagner's position.
Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter Mar 5 - 5:58 PM

And I'll take both!

I'd rather grab a guard and let Clark grow into the RT job. The whole point of drafting him is that he was a 1st round talent that needed experience. This year and next year are when picks like that are supposed to start paying off. No reason to push him down the bench with a $10M/year right tackle.

I'd probably take Williams though.

Coltsalr
03-06-2017, 10:35 AM
I'd rather grab a guard and let Clark grow into the RT job. The whole point of drafting him is that he was a 1st round talent that needed experience. This year and next year are when picks like that are supposed to start paying off. No reason to push him down the bench with a $10M/year right tackle.

I'd probably take Williams though.

I will literally never complain about adding OL talent. If Clark shows that he's literally come a million miles, then he can be the swing tackle for 2017 and then take over Castonzo at LT in 2018.

That said, I do agree that I'd prefer to add a stud at Guard and then hopefully let Clark win a camp battle of him/Haeg/Good/Reitz(?). That'd be ideal, but like I said, anything that fortifies the OL is good by me.

FatDT
03-06-2017, 11:31 AM
I will literally never complain about adding OL talent. If Clark shows that he's literally come a million miles, then he can be the swing tackle for 2017 and then take over Castonzo at LT in 2018.

That said, I do agree that I'd prefer to add a stud at Guard and then hopefully let Clark win a camp battle of him/Haeg/Good/Reitz(?). That'd be ideal, but like I said, anything that fortifies the OL is good by me.

I won't gripe much if we were to buy an expensive RT. I don't think it's the right way to go. But protecting Luck means more points and more wins and a more secure future for our QB. He has been hit enough in his first 5 years, the next 5 he needs to have a clean pocket.

Coltsalr
03-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson 6m6 minutes ago
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting free agent contract of #Lions guard Larry Warford to land around $8 million per season.

Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson 4m4 minutes ago
Multiple #NFL sources expecting free agent contract of #Cowboys guard Ron Leary to land around $8-$9 million per season. Medical will matter

I'll take either at those prices. Charles Robinson reported last week that we're looked into high-priced Guards. Hopefully we're ponying up the dough for one.

cq.noble
03-06-2017, 02:08 PM
it's almost like Ballard is going to put his money where his mouth is.

Coltsalr
03-06-2017, 05:49 PM
AzCardinals.com expects free agent S Tony Jefferson to be out of the team's price range.
In-house reporter Darren Urban believes Jefferson could fetch as much as $10 million per year on the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported last month that Jefferson was a goner in the desert. Having just turned 25, Jefferson is in prime position to command a huge deal coming off an excellent 2016.
Source: azcardinals.com Mar 6 - 4:00 PM

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn expects the Packers to let free agent RG T.J. Lang walk.
Lang has already made it clear he plans to test the open market. The dean of Packers reporting, McGinn must have it on good authority Lang will end up outside the Pack's price range. Lang is Rotoworld's No. 2 free agent interior lineman.
Source: Bob McGinn on Twitter Mar 6 - 3:54 PM

I wouldn't bitch if they brought in Tony Jefferson at that price tag, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I think if the Colts go with Geathers/Butler next year and hope that TJ Green has literally learned anything at all, that they should be okay at the position, but if Ballard decides they need Jefferson, then I won't question it, like I said.

TJ Lang is amongst the guys I'd love to see them bring in to play RG. Get it done, Ballard.

omahacolt
03-06-2017, 07:24 PM
AzCardinals.com expects free agent S Tony Jefferson to be out of the team's price range.
In-house reporter Darren Urban believes Jefferson could fetch as much as $10 million per year on the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported last month that Jefferson was a goner in the desert. Having just turned 25, Jefferson is in prime position to command a huge deal coming off an excellent 2016.
Source: azcardinals.com Mar 6 - 4:00 PM

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn expects the Packers to let free agent RG T.J. Lang walk.
Lang has already made it clear he plans to test the open market. The dean of Packers reporting, McGinn must have it on good authority Lang will end up outside the Pack's price range. Lang is Rotoworld's No. 2 free agent interior lineman.
Source: Bob McGinn on Twitter Mar 6 - 3:54 PM

I wouldn't bitch if they brought in Tony Jefferson at that price tag, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I think if the Colts go with Geathers/Butler next year and hope that TJ Green has literally learned anything at all, that they should be okay at the position, but if Ballard decides they need Jefferson, then I won't question it, like I said.

TJ Lang is amongst the guys I'd love to see them bring in to play RG. Get it done, Ballard.

unless it is a sanders, palamalu or reed type player, i don't like paying huge money to safeties.

i dont mind bringing in a guard but i don't want that guy to be lang

omahacolt
03-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson 6m6 minutes ago
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting free agent contract of #Lions guard Larry Warford to land around $8 million per season.

Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson 4m4 minutes ago
Multiple #NFL sources expecting free agent contract of #Cowboys guard Ron Leary to land around $8-$9 million per season. Medical will matter

I'll take either at those prices. Charles Robinson reported last week that we're looked into high-priced Guards. Hopefully we're ponying up the dough for one.

i would like to see warford. if what people say about him are correct. i haven't watched too much lions ball over the last couple years. we need a big boy that can set the tone in the run game.

Coltsalr
03-06-2017, 09:09 PM
According to the Indianapolis Star’s Stephen Holder, “word is the Colts have their eye on” Baker in free agency, which means he’s a guy we should keep an eye on in the coming days as well.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/6/14837602/report-colts-have-their-eye-on-defensive-lineman-chris-baker

sherck
03-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Bills RB Mike Gillislee is an RFA that just received a "same round tag." He was drafted in the 5th round.

5th rounder for Gillislee? 5.7 ypc average each of the last two seasons on 148 carries.

Good way to find our depth this year and perhaps a back of the future.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Puck
03-06-2017, 10:30 PM
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/6/14837602/report-colts-have-their-eye-on-defensive-lineman-chris-baker

Looks like they are not keeping Kerr. Is Baker that much better than a cheaper Kerr?

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 09:15 AM
@JosinaAnderson
I'm told DE Chris Baker is also expected to draw interest fr t/ #Colts, as we wait for t/ LTP. #Broncos & #Bucs mentioned 2me last night too

Ballard seems to really like Chris Baker

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Chargers released RG D.J. Fluker.
The Chargers picked up Fulker's fifth-year option last April, but they clearly do not still think he is worth the $8.821 million he was owed in 2017. Fluker now heads into a surprisingly strong guard market, although it is possible teams give him a look at right tackle, which is where he began his career. This could just be the first cut as the Chargers look to remake their offensive line.
Related: Chargers
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 7 - 10:36 AM

This rotoworld blurb is right that this is indeed a pretty robust Guard market. Hopefully the Colts can get a top-flight Guard without breaking the bank.

Or, they can break the bank for all I care on getting a new top-flight Guard, for all I care. But not giving up an arm and a leg would be nice too, I suppose.

FatDT
03-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Fluker is pretty slow-moving. I'm not sure he fits what the Colts want. Then again I don't exactly know what the Colts want to do with their OL under Ballard.

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 01:36 PM
The Indianapolis Star suggests free agent Jack Doyle could command $7 million per year when he hits the open market.
The Star also makes it clear Jack Doyle isn't interested in a hometown discount. The Colts would be smart to re-sign Doyle and cut Dwayne Allen, but ESPN's Adam Schefter previously reported Doyle will be shopping his wares. Tight end-needy teams where Doyle would make sense include the Giants, Jets, and Bears.
Source: Indianapolis Star Mar 7 - 12:31 PM

Too rich for my blood, IMO. That's about what Allen is making. And while our TE corps was nice last year, it's not a TE duo that's worth making $14M per year combined. We had a good one, but not one where we need to be a team with the most invested in their TE's.

Swoope/Allen will do well enough that the $7M year could be better spent in other areas.

Hats off to Doyle on (potentially) earning that money.

cq.noble
03-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Fluker is pretty slow-moving. I'm not sure he fits what the Colts want. Then again I don't exactly know what the Colts want to do with their OL under Ballard.

Ballard isn't going to change the blocking scheme without firing coaches... so no Fluker isn't what we're looking for.

YDFL Commish
03-07-2017, 03:38 PM
The Indianapolis Star suggests free agent Jack Doyle could command $7 million per year when he hits the open market.
The Star also makes it clear Jack Doyle isn't interested in a hometown discount. The Colts would be smart to re-sign Doyle and cut Dwayne Allen, but ESPN's Adam Schefter previously reported Doyle will be shopping his wares. Tight end-needy teams where Doyle would make sense include the Giants, Jets, and Bears.
Source: Indianapolis Star Mar 7 - 12:31 PM

Too rich for my blood, IMO. That's about what Allen is making. And while our TE corps was nice last year, it's not a TE duo that's worth making $14M per year combined. We had a good one, but not one where we need to be a team with the most invested in their TE's.

Swoope/Allen will do well enough that the $7M year could be better spent in other areas.

Hats off to Doyle on (potentially) earning that money.

I agree. I've already gone on record as saying $6 million should be the Colts ceiling on Doyle.

Puck
03-07-2017, 04:05 PM
I agree. I've already gone on record as saying $6 million should be the Colts ceiling on Doyle.

Unless they can trade Allen

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Actually, we apparently might be interested in DJ Fluker:

@JosinaAnderson
Potential teams to watch in the OL D.J. Fluker market: #Saints #Lions #Seahawks #Colts #Vikings #Giants, #ARZ, #ATL based on a recent call.

omahacolt
03-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Actually, we apparently might be interested in DJ Fluker:

@JosinaAnderson
Potential teams to watch in the OL D.J. Fluker market: #Saints #Lions #Seahawks #Colts #Vikings #Giants, #ARZ, #ATL based on a recent call.

i would be surprised

but don't they just throw our name into the hat for any rg or rt?

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 07:21 PM
@AaronWilson_NFL
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns

Wow, okay that one would surprise me.

I wouldn't hate it, the guys a stud, but I would be surprised. We're supposedly going "modest" in FA, and then we sign the big ticket CB?

Again, we have a need at CB and the guy is great, but damn, I'll believe it when I see it.

natagu23
03-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Sign him.

Scratch corner off the list.

omahacolt
03-07-2017, 07:38 PM
@AaronWilson_NFL
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns

Wow, okay that one would surprise me.

I wouldn't hate it, the guys a stud, but I would be surprised. We're supposedly going "modest" in FA, and then we sign the big ticket CB?

Again, we have a need at CB and the guy is great, but damn, I'll believe it when I see it.

reports are we are going to be modest

you truly do believe everything you read don't you? you are like trump watching fox news.

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 07:41 PM
The Houston Chronicle reports six teams are "extremely competitive" for free agent CB A.J. Bouye.
Per reporter Aaron Wilson, the Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers and Browns are duking it out for Bouye's services, and every team's offer is for at least $12 million per season. Bouye has also been linked to the Bucs and Bears. With that many clubs fighting, Bouye could push that number all the way to $14-$15 million. Wilson reports the Eagles are "not a serious player," but that Houston very much wants to keep its young corner.

He is going to be EXPENSIVE.

I guess we'll see if Ballard was just blowing smoke on being modest in free agency and "not buying a locker room".

Puck
03-07-2017, 07:44 PM
The Houston Chronicle reports six teams are "extremely competitive" for free agent CB A.J. Bouye.
Per reporter Aaron Wilson, the Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers and Browns are duking it out for Bouye's services, and every team's offer is for at least $12 million per season. Bouye has also been linked to the Bucs and Bears. With that many clubs fighting, Bouye could push that number all the way to $14-$15 million. Wilson reports the Eagles are "not a serious player," but that Houston very much wants to keep its young corner.

He is going to be EXPENSIVE.

I guess we'll see if Ballard was just blowing smoke on being modest in free agency and "not buying a locker room".

Good. I hope they make the texicans over pay for him

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Another player that the team is reportedly interested in is Packers outside linebacker Nick Perry. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Silverstein, the Colts “appeared to be very interested” in Perry last week at the NFL Scouting Combine.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/7/14849674/report-colts-very-interested-in-nick-perry-free-agency-2017

I'll happily take him. Sign him up, Ballard!

omahacolt
03-07-2017, 09:47 PM
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/7/14849674/report-colts-very-interested-in-nick-perry-free-agency-2017

I'll happily take him. Sign him up, Ballard!

at what price?

i guess it shouldn't matter all that much since we have to get help there but i dont see him as a great player at all

ukcolt
03-08-2017, 07:23 AM
I agree he is just a name, who has performed ok for a poor defense....is he an upgrade over what we have had?....probably.....is he a cornerstone to build our defense around?.....certainly not in my opinion.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 08:04 AM
@JasonColeBR
Market for #Chiefs DT Dontari Poe might not be as good as hoped. Might do 1-yr deal w/ team that allows him to rush more, hit market in '18

I'd happily take him on those terms.

sherck
03-08-2017, 08:43 AM
I hope we sign one of the many OGs that are on the market (Kevin Zeither, T.J. Lang, Andrew Norwell, Larry Warford, Ronald Leary, Austin Pasztor, John Jerry) for RG, push Clark/Haeg into battle for RT and have O-Line depth of: loser at RT, Good, Blythe, Fahn Cooper and one more body.

I hope we push for NT Brandon Williams, BAL in free agency (since he will not cost $10m per year like Poe) and then draft NT Deangelo Brown from Louisville with our 5th round pick.

I hope we sign DE Chris Baker, WAS in free agency to add to a position group of Henry Anderson, Kendall Langford, Hassan Ridgeway, T.Y. McGill and perhaps Arthur Jones if he is not cut after signing Baker.

I hope we sign a LB in free agency because we HAVE to add a talented veteran presence to a position group that will otherwise be rookies (Bazzie and draftees), 2nd year players (Morrison, King, Rhodes), 3rd year players (Edwin Jackson, Mount) or career backups (Akeem Ayers, Chris Carter). At OLB, there only remains: Nick Perry, Jabaal Sheard, John Simon or Jarvis Jones. At ILB, there are more choices: Dont'a Hightower, Zach Brown, Gerald Hodges, Korey Toomer, Kevin Minter, Todd Davis, and Sean Smith.

I hope we sign one of the seemingly dozens of quality CBs that appear to be heading to the market as CB2 or trade our 2nd round draft pick for currently franchise tagged Trumaine Johnson, LAR.

Sign one of the 2nd tier RBs (Turbin) to back up Gore for one more year.

That then leaves our top five picks (perhaps less a 2nd rounder for Johnson) to pick defensive BPA with the caveat that at least 2 of our top five picks need to be OLB pass rushers.

Draft a Punter with our 6th round pick and call it a day.

Cheers,

sherck
03-08-2017, 08:44 AM
@JasonColeBR
Market for #Chiefs DT Dontari Poe might not be as good as hoped. Might do 1-yr deal w/ team that allows him to rush more, hit market in '18

I'd happily take him on those terms.

Okay, perhaps Poe would not cost us $10m a year based on this.

But, honestly, I still like Brandon Williams better.

Cheers,

FatDT
03-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Cheers,

Damon Harrison got 5/$46. Williams will get more. I expect him to get $10 mil/year. Which is a lot for a run stuffer. Ballard knows better than most what is going on with Poe so I trust him to make a smart decision there.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Cheers,

Interesting that one is a now likely to be former Chief and one is a now likely to be former Raven.

Wonder if there will be a tug-o-war between Pagano/Ballard on this? I wonder if Ballard will have the same fetish for ex-Chiefs that Grigson had for Eagles and Pagano for Ravens?

I think that Brandon Williams is probably the better player too, but I'll take whichever one we can get.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 10:49 AM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports free agent NT Dontari Poe is a "top target" for the Redskins.
Bracing to lose versatile DE Chris Baker as a free agent, the Redskins have made it known fixing their defensive line is a priority. They have plenty of bodies up front but not much talent. Poe might be a bit overrated, but he's a massive human at 6'3/346 and capable of clogging lanes against the run. Washington was torched by the run last season, finishing 25th in run-defense DVOA.
Related: Redskins
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Mar 8 - 9:23 AM

If this is true, we're not getting him. You don't win bidding wars against the Redskins. And Chris Ballard really doesn't strike me as the guy brought in to outbid Daniel Snyder.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Interesting that one is a now likely to be former Chief and one is a now likely to be former Raven.

Wonder if there will be a tug-o-war between Pagano/Ballard on this? I wonder if Ballard will have the same fetish for ex-Chiefs that Grigson had for Eagles and Pagano for Ravens?

I think that Brandon Williams is probably the better player too, but I'll take whichever one we can get.

Only a moron wouldn't bring in guys he knows well.

Thorgrim
03-08-2017, 12:37 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports free agent NT Dontari Poe is a "top target" for the Redskins.
Bracing to lose versatile DE Chris Baker as a free agent, the Redskins have made it known fixing their defensive line is a priority. They have plenty of bodies up front but not much talent. Poe might be a bit overrated, but he's a massive human at 6'3/346 and capable of clogging lanes against the run. Washington was torched by the run last season, finishing 25th in run-defense DVOA.
Related: Redskins
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Mar 8 - 9:23 AM

If this is true, we're not getting him. You don't win bidding wars against the Redskins. And Chris Ballard really doesn't strike me as the guy brought in to outbid Daniel Snyder.
Ahhh, Dan Snyder the king of mortgaging the future. We should be so fortunate to have him in our division. Of course there are probably rules that limit the number of bat shit crazy owners allowed in any given division.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Only a moron wouldn't bring in guys he knows well.

Unfortunately, our morons brought in guys that sucked that they knew well.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 38m38 minutes ago
Guard Kevin Zeitler will do quite well on the open market. Hearing the Colts, Jags and Browns are in on him

Yes. Yes. Yes. That would be awesome.

natagu23
03-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Guard Kevin Zeitler will do quite well on the open market. Hearing the Colts, Jags and Browns are in on him

We would have a pretty solid interior if he were to sign.

sherck
03-08-2017, 01:58 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Colts, Jaguars, and Browns are "in on" free agent RG Kevin Zeitler.

All three teams need big-time offensive line help, and all three are flush with cap space. It could turn into a massive bidding war and make Zeitler the league's highest-paid right guard at more than $10 million per year. Mar 8 - 11:06 AM

I love Zeitler's game. He is balanced in both pass protection and run blocking, on the correct side of 30 years old, pretty durable (played 16 games each of the last two seasons) and a good locker room presence by all account.

PFF has him as their #2 overall top free agent behind only Calais Campbell.

Unfortunately, both JAX and CLE have more cap space to spend then we do.

Fortunately, neither have a competent offense of which to be a part of:

IND = 10th scoring (25.7 ppg) / 05th passing (262.6 ypg) / 23rd rushing (101.8 ypg)
JAX = 23rd scoring (19.9 ppg) / 20th passing (233.0 ypg) / 22nd rushing (101.9 ypg)
CLE = 30th scoring (16.5 ppg) / 28th passing (204.0 ypg) / 19th rushing (107.0 ypg)

If I were an offensive lineman, I know where I would rather go play. However, as the song says, "it's all about the money, money, money."

Cheers,

FatDT
03-08-2017, 02:44 PM
If we don't get Zeitler there are lots of other good options. It's a great time to need a veteran guard.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 13m13 minutes ago
Colts very active under new GM Chris Ballard. Hope to keep Butler and Turbin, exploring top D free agents like Perry and Poe.

I like the sound of this very much.

All of this. Very, very much.

sherck
03-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 13m13 minutes ago
Colts very active under new GM Chris Ballard. Hope to keep Butler and Turbin, exploring top D free agents like Perry and Poe.

I like the sound of this very much.

All of this. Very, very much.
The only two Colts free agents that, for me, were "must re-sign" were Doyle and Butler (as safety and emergency CB). Turbin is an 'whatever" for me so idk about him but if we sign him cheap, cool.

2014 / 16 games played / 47 tackles / 3 TFL / 0.5 sacks
2015 / 16 games played / 53 tackles / 8 TFL / 2.0 sacks
2016 / 16 games played / 51 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks

2014 / 16 games played / 46 tackles / 1 TFL / 6.0 sacks
2015 / 15 games played / 39 tackles / 2 TFL / 1.0 sacks
2016 / 16 games played / 27 tackles / 1 TFL / 1.5 sacks

Which of those two stat lines do you want to give a big NT contract to? Which one is trending down?

Brandon Williams, BAL is the top one.
Dontari Poe, KC is the bottom one.

I am concerned that Poe is never again going to be the guy he was in 2013/2014 so that we will end up overpaying him.

If he wants a one year "show me" contract for $6m in order to ramp up his value, then okay but if we end up signing him for $9m a year for multiple years, I don't think we will get the value.

I am a fan of signing Perry because we need a veteran starting LB somewhere on the team. We cannot start all rookies, 1st or 2nd year players and be effective.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 03:33 PM
The only two Colts free agents that, for me, were "must re-sign" were Doyle and Butler (as safety and emergency CB). Turbin is an 'whatever" for me so idk about him but if we sign him cheap, cool.

2014 / 16 games played / 47 tackles / 3 TFL / 0.5 sacks
2015 / 16 games played / 53 tackles / 8 TFL / 2.0 sacks
2016 / 16 games played / 51 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks

2014 / 16 games played / 46 tackles / 1 TFL / 6.0 sacks
2015 / 15 games played / 39 tackles / 2 TFL / 1.0 sacks
2016 / 16 games played / 27 tackles / 1 TFL / 1.5 sacks

Which of those two stat lines do you want to give a big NT contract to? Which one is trending down?

Brandon Williams, BAL is the top one.
Dontari Poe, KC is the bottom one.

I am concerned that Poe is never again going to be the guy he was in 2013/2014 so that we will end up overpaying him.

If he wants a one year "show me" contract for $6m in order to ramp up his value, then okay but if we end up signing him for $9m a year for multiple years, I don't think we will get the value.

I am a fan of signing Perry because we need a veteran starting LB somewhere on the team. We cannot start all rookies, 1st or 2nd year players and be effective.

Cheers,

Yeah, I probably would've preferred a bit more of a "name" at RB, but as long as they're not giving him some ridiculous contract, then fine. He made $700K last year. Maybe they bump it to $1M just to make him happy? If so, that hardly precludes drafting a guy with fresher legs and potentially even making Turbin a training camp cut if it comes down to it.

I too love the idea of Poe in a show-me contract, but Ballard has to be very aware of what's going on with him. If he thinks that Poe is somehow a great candidate for a hefty contract, last two seasons be damned, then I'm gonna have to trust him (for now, anyway).

Parry, by all accounts, they weren't 11 empty sacks, ala Erik Walden this year. He's probably our most realistic bet to be a guy to bring in that can do the most for us where we most desperately need it.

Puck
03-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Ravens Nation @RavenNationLIVE (https://twitter.com/RavenNationLIVE) BREAKING: Ravens have released 5-time Pro Bowl LB Elvis Dumervil.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Ravens Nation @RavenNationLIVE (https://twitter.com/RavenNationLIVE) BREAKING: Ravens have released 5-time Pro Bowl LB Elvis Dumervil.

At 33 years old and declining numbers, he sounds a bit too much like Trent Cole redux, I think.

Puck
03-08-2017, 05:02 PM
There was another rumor that has been taken down now that the Colts and Eagles are working on a deal for LB Kendricks for Colts 5th round pick

smitty46953
03-08-2017, 06:22 PM
There was another rumor that has been taken down now that the Colts and Eagles are working on a deal for LB Kendricks for Colts 5th round pick

Had not heard that one ? :cool:

smitty46953
03-08-2017, 07:21 PM

Rumor: The Browns are offering Kevin Zeitler $11.5M+ per yr & close to $30M guarantee. Would become highest paid Guard NFL History

:cool:

sherck
03-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Rumor: The Browns are offering Kevin Zeitler $11.5M+ per yr & close to $30M guarantee. Would become highest paid Guard NFL History

:cool:
No. Please do not match that.

Go to the next guy.

Cheers,

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 07:33 PM
No. Please do not match that.

Go to the next guy.

Cheers,

offer 9 and to not be on the browns

YDFL Commish
03-08-2017, 08:06 PM
offer 9 and to not be on the browns

Hey, not all of these players are that smart. Garcon choosing the 49'rs who have no QB? But hopefully Zeitler is smarter.

FatDT
03-08-2017, 10:26 PM
That's not very Money Ball of them. We shouldn't pay that.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Falcons, Colts pursuing free agent Nick Perry
In addition to the Jets, the Falcons and Colts are reportedly showing interest in free agent OLB Nick Perry.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Tom Silverstein adds that the Packers "want (Perry) back." The top pure edge pass rusher left on the market, 26-year-old Perry set a career high with 11 sacks last season, and also lived in opposing backfields in the running game. He should flirt with $10 million per year.
Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter Mar 8 - 9:36 PM

Definitely sounds like Ballard REALLY likes Nick Perry.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 10:44 PM
@JasonLaCanfora
Several teams pushing for DT Dontari Poe - Colts, Falcons, 49ers among them. Quite possible he opts for 1 year deal; hit market again in '18

Poe for just one year sounds perfect to me. Get him motivated.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Report: Colts looking at pass rusher Sheard
The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts are "genuinely interested" in free agent OLB/DE Jabaal Sheard.
The Patriots reduced Sheard's role in favor of breakout player Trey Flowers last year, but he remained effective as a situational rusher, and has always held his own against the run. Going on age 28, Sheard has 13 sacks and four forced fumbles over the past two seasons. The Colts are desperate for edge-player help.
Source: Stephen Holder on Twitter Mar 8 - 9:59 PM

Whoo, former Patriot!

Dam8610
03-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Report: Colts looking at pass rusher Sheard
The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts are "genuinely interested" in free agent OLB/DE Jabaal Sheard.
The Patriots reduced Sheard's role in favor of breakout player Trey Flowers last year, but he remained effective as a situational rusher, and has always held his own against the run. Going on age 28, Sheard has 13 sacks and four forced fumbles over the past two seasons. The Colts are desperate for edge-player help.
Source: Stephen Holder on Twitter Mar 8 - 9:59 PM

Whoo, former Patriot!

Pass. Simon or Perry, please.

sherck
03-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Pass. Simon or Perry, please.
I like Simon and Perry both. Either would be a good addition if paired with a pure pass rusher from the draft.

Cheers,

Indiana V2
03-09-2017, 07:07 AM
All I know is there are a few LB's that I wouldn't mind adding to the roster, hopefully we can land one.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 09:17 AM
@JasonLaCanfora
Hearing Packers have a long-term agreement with Nick Perry. Huge win Green Bay. Keep the pass rushing LB. Should be announced today

Grrrrrrrrrrr...there goes another one.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 09:30 AM
@JasonLaCanfora
Hearing Packers have a long-term agreement with Nick Perry. Huge win Green Bay. Keep the pass rushing LB. Should be announced today

Grrrrrrrrrrr...there goes another one.

well fuck

GoBigBlue88
03-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Perry was the FA I would have wanted most.

I wouldn't mind Poe on a one-year deal which lets the Colts at least passably play up front while Ballard re-designs the LB corps. And I wouldn't mind Sheard as a Walden upgrade.

But beyond that, not too keen on spending much on any of this FA crop. Especially paying ridiculous money to a Kevin Zeitler type.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 09:41 AM
@adamschefter

When free agency begins today, CB A.J. Bouye is likely to leave the Houston Texans and sign elsewhere, per sources.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 10:10 AM
@JasonColeBR
Market for G Kevin Zeitler was (and has been) primarily #Jaguars, #Colts and #Browns. Again, he sets the market for rest of guard class.

That's two teams with stupid deep pockets...and...us...

Spike
03-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Sounds like the Pats will be signing Stephon Gilmore for around 14 million per year. Fucking Pats.

Spike
03-09-2017, 10:24 AM
@JasonColeBR
Market for G Kevin Zeitler was (and has been) primarily #Jaguars, #Colts and #Browns. Again, he sets the market for rest of guard class.

Looks like the Jackoffs are going to sign Calais Campbell also.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Sounds like the Pats will be signing Stephon Gilmore for around 14 million per year. Fucking Pats.

Hopefully that hamstrings them for other moves, namely Hightower.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 10:27 AM
According to ESPN's Jeff Dickerson, the Bears have made a "strong offer" to free agent CB A.J. Bouye.
Dickerson didn't offer any monetary details but said the Bears' interest is "very real." It looks like the Bears are going all in on Bouye after missing out on Stephon Gilmore. Adam Schefter reported earlier that Bouye is expected to leave Houston. It's still early in the Bouye sweepstakes, but so far the Bears and Eagles have shown the most interest.
Related: Bears
Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter Mar 9 - 9:14 AM

However he wants to leave Houston is fine.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 10:32 AM
According to ESPN's Jeff Dickerson, the Bears have made a "strong offer" to free agent CB A.J. Bouye.
Dickerson didn't offer any monetary details but said the Bears' interest is "very real." It looks like the Bears are going all in on Bouye after missing out on Stephon Gilmore. Adam Schefter reported earlier that Bouye is expected to leave Houston. It's still early in the Bouye sweepstakes, but so far the Bears and Eagles have shown the most interest.
Related: Bears
Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter Mar 9 - 9:14 AM

However he wants to leave Houston is fine.

Good, get him out of the AFC South

sherck
03-09-2017, 10:38 AM
So, what? We are just stupid?

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 10:40 AM
So, what? We are just stupid?

Cheers,

Remains to be seen under Ballard.

We don't have the absurd cap space that Cleveland/Jacksonville does. We do, however, have a QB and some recent success.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport 45s46 seconds ago
As expected, Eagles announce they have released Connor Barwin

While we are in desperate need of a pass rusher, I don't think Barwin has anything left. He'd be a total Grigson signing.

Puck
03-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora) Hearing Packers have a long-term agreement with Nick Perry. Huge win Green Bay. Keep the pass rushing LB. Should be announced today

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 11:09 AM
"Free agency officially starts TODAY! At 4:00 p.m. ET, the new league year will begin and deals can be signed, and so far we’ve heard the Colts connected to a number of free agents.

Another possibility? Patriots defensive end/outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard. According to the Indianapolis Star’s Stephen Holder, the Colts are “genuinely interested” in Sheard.

Sheard was drafted in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns. He spent four seasons with the Browns and then signed with the Patriots in 2015, having spent the last two years in New England. In his career he has played in 89 games and has started 59 of them, recording 260 tackles, 36 sacks, eleven forced fumbles, and 18 passes defensed. He recorded five sacks with the Patriots last year, but the year before he racked up eight sacks and four forced fumbles.

He could be a very intriguing option for the Colts, providing them with a guy who can both rush the passer and defend against the run. He’s a good edge defender, and the Colts obviously need help at the spot. A number of the top pass rushers are being kept, so Jabaal Sheard would be a good potential option for the Colts. It sounds like they’re interested, but keep in mind that they can’t simply sign everyone they’re interested in. Either way, it will be a very interesting next few days."

sherck
03-09-2017, 11:55 AM
With Perry off the market, about the only OLB left in free agency under the age of 30 that are better (perhaps) than NFL average are:

Jarvis Jones, PIT
Alex Okafor, ARI
Jabaal Sheard, NE
John Simon, HOU

Of them, I prefer Simon because he is more of an [EDGE] kind of guy in that he can do all the jobs and not just be a pass rusher like Sheard.

I am not a fan at this point of either Jones or Okafor. They are not worth the money they are going to end up getting.

Cheers,

natagu23
03-09-2017, 12:12 PM
I hope we make push for Warford and Sheard. Warford is expected to make 8 million per which isnt too bad.

I seen Sheard play a little, I like his motor.

Suring up the oline and front seven wont get any complaints from me.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
The #Colts and the #Eagles are making a strong push to sign WR Alshon Jeffery, source said. Talks are continuing with the #Bears

THE FUCK BALLARD?

Indiana V2
03-09-2017, 12:23 PM
I know it's early, but Ballard isnt doing anything to make me like him more than Grigson, and that's awful of me to say that, I think I just threw up.

omahacolt
03-09-2017, 12:27 PM
I know it's early, but Ballard isnt doing anything to make me like him more than Grigson, and that's awful of me to say that, I think I just threw up.

i am very curious to see what he does here

he can't do worse than grigson when it comes to free agents can he? that would be difficult

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 12:32 PM

I'm willing to wait until guys actually ink their contracts. It's POSSIBLE that part of Ballard's strategy is just to leak ridiculous things in order to try to game the market. It's possible that agents are just taking advantage of the fact that the Colts have an unknown at GM and their leaking their name all the time just to try to gin up business.

All of that's possible, but I will say I'm less confident than I thought I'd be heading into 4 pm.

natagu23
03-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
The #Colts and the #Eagles are making a strong push to sign WR Alshon Jeffery, source said. Talks are continuing with the #Bears

THE FUCK BALLARD?

This would horrible. Jeffery is always f**king hurt.

If we sign Jeffery, then we might as well trade Dorsett and try and get a 3rd rounder.

natagu23
03-09-2017, 12:35 PM
I'm willing to wait until guys actually ink their contracts. It's POSSIBLE that part of Ballard's strategy is just to leak ridiculous things in order to try to game the market. It's possible that agents are just taking advantage of the fact that the Colts have an unknown at GM and their leaking their name all the time just to try to gin up business.

All of that's possible, but I will say I'm less confident than I thought I'd be heading into 4 pm.

Nice spin on things.

Doubt it.

sherck
03-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

THE FUCK BALLARD?

Brad Biggs ✔ ‎@BradBiggs Other teams believe #Bears are at $13 million per year for WR Alshon Jeffery with an offer. Negotiating tactic or real numbers? Who knows?
If Ballard is willing to pay this to a WR when we already have Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett and Rogers on the roster, I don't know what to think.

Passing offense was NOT the problem with our team last year.

I......don't have words if this was a serious report.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 12:45 PM
This would horrible. Jeffery is always f**king hurt.

If we sign Jeffery, then we might as well trade Dorsett and try and get a 3rd rounder.

Would Dorsett fetch more value than Dwayne Allen?

I wonder if Dorsett could be used as a sweetener to move down in the Draft. Our #15 overall pick and Dorsett gets us to...#9?

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 12:49 PM
If Ballard is willing to pay this to a WR when we already have Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett and Rogers on the roster, I don't know what to think.

Passing offense was NOT the problem with our team last year.

I......don't have words if this was a serious report.

Cheers,

A touch more than that, apparently:

Stephen Holder‏ @HolderStephen 2m2 minutes ago
Agent source on Alshon Jeffrey: Asking price would be abt $14.5M year average bc he made that in 2016 on the franchise tag. *Asking* price

I have no words.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

THE FUCK BALLARD?

This would be a great move I could get behind......in my Madden franchise

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 12:51 PM
@JasonColeBR
It appears the choice for G Kevin Zeitler is between #Saints, #Browns. #Jaguars appear to be out now.

rcubed
03-09-2017, 12:52 PM

it probable that the media is just linking the colts to almost anything since we need a lot of help, especially any OL or LB. The WR rumor is a bit confusing though, hope that one isnt true.

we didnt hear anything about doyle or allen until it happened.

Puck
03-09-2017, 01:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/799774010561200128/KCnX9feJ_normal.jpg Stephen Holder ✔ @HolderStephen (https://twitter.com/HolderStephen)
Agent source on Alshon Jeffrey: Asking price would be abt $14.5M year average bc he made that in 2016 on the franchise tag. *Asking* price
11:46 AM - 9 Mar 2017 (https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/839880130784813057)

16 16 Retweets (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=839880130784813057)
16 (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=839880130784813057)

FatDT
03-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Bullshit. We're not signing Jeffrey.

sherck
03-09-2017, 01:14 PM
If we sign Jeffery (puke), then my guess is that Ballard would be trying to trade Moncrief for a draft pick since they are similar "big" body receivers.

Moncrief has 126 catches for 1,484 yards and 16 TD with 60% catch rate

Dorsett has 51 catches for 753 yards and 3 TD with 51.5% catch rate.

Dorsett would gain, at best, a 6th or 7th round draft pick.

Moncrief would do better than that....but not much better. 4th at best like Allen would be my bet.

This rumor makes zero sense.

Cheers,

FatDT
03-09-2017, 01:29 PM
He's not even that good. He's missed something like 20 games in 5 years. Two good-great seasons, two ok, and a forgettable rookie year. I'd rather see Moncrief develop. Luck does not need another high-priced WR, he already has one that is much better than Jeffrey.

Puck
03-09-2017, 01:31 PM
If we sign Jeffery (puke), then my guess is that Ballard would be trying to trade Moncrief for a draft pick since they are similar "big" body receivers.

Moncrief has 126 catches for 1,484 yards and 16 TD with 60% catch rate

Dorsett has 51 catches for 753 yards and 3 TD with 51.5% catch rate.

Dorsett would gain, at best, a 6th or 7th round draft pick.

Moncrief would do better than that....but not much better. 4th at best like Allen would be my bet.

This rumor makes zero sense.

Cheers,

I thought about it for a few minutes..... 1st thing the Colts have to do is win the division. With the Texans and their number one D we have to be able to score. Jags D looks to be getting better again we need to score. I could see moving Dorset and keeping TY Moncreif and Alshon as a way to do that and Doyle

So the next big hole is RG/RT I think he needs to address that in FA

I just dont see him wanting to spend big on the CB or Rush in FA, when he can do that through the draft.

While I don't see it as a huge need, I can see that he see's more positions in need of upgrade to make this team better.

Either that or we need to take a real look that Irsay may really have his hand in this

I don't know Im trying to make sense of it too just thinking outloud

Puck
03-09-2017, 01:31 PM
He's not even that good. He's missed something like 20 games in 5 years. Two good-great seasons, two ok, and a forgettable rookie year. I'd rather see Moncrief develop. Luck does not need another high-priced WR, he already has one that is much better than Jeffrey.

Agree and isnt that TY money or more????

Puck
03-09-2017, 01:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/799774010561200128/KCnX9feJ_normal.jpg Stephen Holder ✔ @HolderStephen (https://twitter.com/HolderStephen)
Colts to make a push for Josh Gordon Ballard is all in on this offense

11:46 AM - 9 Mar 2017 (https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/839880130784813057)

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Adam Schefter‏
G Ron Leary plans to sign with the Denver Broncos assuming no last-minute negotiating snags, per sources.

Take one off the board.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Colts to make a push for Josh Gordon Ballard is all in on this offense

Looks like that tweet got taken down?

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 01:45 PM
@PatriotsHaven
The Titans will be the Patriots biggest competitor for Hightower. He'll command 11-13 mil per season. NE is expected to get chance to match.

sherck
03-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Hmmm....Ballard's "you cannot buy a locker room" comment....

The offense is set with an identity (Luck) and is already a top offense. Adding veteran free agents to it to make it one of the best in the league (OG, WR1b, RB) will not change its overall identity and any veterans added will not become a dominate voice on that squad with veterans like Luck, Gore, Stanzo, Hilton and Doyle in the house.

However, on defense, there are no veteran voices anymore except for Vontae Davis and lesser starters like Robinson, Jones, Langford and perhaps Butler if we re-sign him. Any high priced veteran we sign (especially at LB) will instantly become a leader on the defense and shape how that squad grows.

Right or wrong, I wonder how much of that mindset is playing into Ballard's free agency strategy?

I wonder if his "you cannot buy a locker room" comment will lead him to not bring in veteran defensive talent and instead insist that we "grow" that talent through the draft over the next two or three years?

Other than Poe, I have not seen us linked to many defensive free agents at all.

Something to think about. With a top 3 offense and a defense that climbs to average, we probably win the division.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 02:06 PM
@PatriotsHaven
The Titans will be the Patriots biggest competitor for Hightower. He'll command 11-13 mil per season. NE is expected to get chance to match.

We apparently can't be bothered.

Puck
03-09-2017, 02:07 PM

The offense is set with an identity (Luck) and is already a top offense. Adding veteran free agents to it to make it one of the best in the league (OG, WR1b, RB) will not change its overall identity and any veterans added will not become a dominate voice on that squad with veterans like Luck, Gore, Stanzo, Hilton and Doyle in the house.

However, on defense, there are no veteran voices anymore except for Vontae Davis and lesser starters like Robinson, Jones, Langford and perhaps Butler if we re-sign him. Any high priced veteran we sign (especially at LB) will instantly become a leader on the defense and shape how that squad grows.

Right or wrong, I wonder how much of that mindset is playing into Ballard's free agency strategy?

I wonder if his "you cannot buy a locker room" comment will lead him to not bring in veteran defensive talent and instead insist that we "grow" that talent through the draft over the next two or three years?

Something to think about. With a top 3 offense and a defense that climbs to becomes average, we probably win the division.

Cheers,

we are linked to Chris Baker and now Conner Barwin

Puck
03-09-2017, 02:10 PM
(https://twitter.com/HolderStephen)Meaning out of Washington I believe

Means Redskins DT Chris Baker likely headed elsewhere. College teammate and close friend of Kendall Langford. https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839887048140013568 … (https://t.co/DC9SyqC6UB)

(https://t.co/DC9SyqC6UB)

(https://t.co/DC9SyqC6UB)

sherck
03-09-2017, 02:13 PM
we are linked to Chris Baker and now Conner Barwin

Yeah, I have seen the Chris Baker notes. He would be a good addition. However, of any position group on defense, our DE position with Jones, Langford, Anderson, Ridgeway and McGill is about the strongest on that side of the ball. Adding a veteran there would still not change the identity of that squad.

I saw Barwin but dismissed it because he does not fit the profile. He has played as a 4-3 DE for the past 4 years in PHI, he is already 30 years old and his production is declining.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

Rotoworld Football @Rotoworld_FB
Report: Bucs favorites to land FA Chris Baker

Are we gonna get ANYONE?

Brylok
03-09-2017, 02:27 PM

16 16 Retweets (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=839880130784813057)
16 (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=839880130784813057)

I really, really hope this doesn't happen. They must not have any faith in Dorsett.

sherck
03-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Are we gonna get ANYONE?

Nope.

See my note above. It would not shock me if we sign none or only one veteran defensive free agents.

I am becoming convinced that Ballard is going with the long view and will want to build the defense pretty much solely through the draft.

However, to give him time and take the pressure off, he is going to pump the offense up to rock star levels in order to win games.

Wide Receivers before Linebackers. Oh my.......

Cheers,

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 02:30 PM
@kentsomers
#azcardinals have reached agreement w/ SS Antoine Bethea on a 3-year deal, per source. Takes Jefferson’s spot.

sherck
03-09-2017, 02:32 PM
@kentsomers
#azcardinals have reached agreement w/ SS Antoine Bethea on a 3-year deal, per source. Takes Jefferson’s spot.
He did not stay unemployed long. Good for him! Not a bad career for a 6th rounder out of Howard U.

Cheers,

Indiana V2
03-09-2017, 02:36 PM
I really, really hope this doesn't happen. They must not have any faith in Dorsett.

Or Moncrief?

Brylok
03-09-2017, 02:37 PM
@kentsomers
Another player who should have remained a Colt.

Indiana V2
03-09-2017, 02:38 PM
If we don't start ponying up for some of these quality FA's with this cap space, we are going to end up overpaying for guys that suck. Grigson Part 2.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Santa Claus Indiana's own Jay Cutler has been released from the Bears, looks like the Jets are interested

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 02:43 PM
@JasonLaCanfora
Packers are paying Nick Perry big-time: $20.8M cash in 2017 ($18.5M to sign). Makes $39M over 1st 3 years. $60M/5yrs. Wow

FatDT
03-09-2017, 02:46 PM
$12M/year for a non-premier pass rusher is bonkers.

sherck
03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
The Cardinals announced the second phase of acquiring Chandler Jones by tying him down to a long-term contract. The five year, $83 million deal ($53 million guaranteed) resets the market for pass-rushers. It surpasses Olivier Vernon’s contract with the Giants. Vernon received $40 million guaranteed and $17 million per season.

Which is more bonkers? $12m a year for a non-pass rusher or $16.5m a year for Jones?

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 02:52 PM
That makes him the #7 paid OLB in the NFL.

It's a little hard to fault Ballard for not giving him more money per annum than Ryan Kerrigan

rcubed
03-09-2017, 02:54 PM

Something to think about. With a top 3 offense and a defense that climbs to average, we probably win the division.

Cheers,
I took that quote to mean you cant just throw money at a problem and expect it to work. Its not sustainable and personalities can be an issue. See: Washington Redskins

FatDT
03-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Which is more bonkers? $12m a year for a non-pass rusher or $16.5m a year for Jones?

Cheers,

I want to say both. I did not consider Vernon to be a premier pass rusher either. I guess drafting them is the way to go.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 03:08 PM
@mortreport 1m1 minute ago
Cowboys now expect to trade Tony Romo to Broncos or Texans, sources say. Broncos talking with Jets about Trevor Siemian.

sherck
03-09-2017, 03:12 PM
@mortreport 1m1 minute ago
Cowboys now expect to trade Tony Romo to Broncos or Texans, sources say. Broncos talking with Jets about Trevor Siemian.

Thank goodness we were able to go from Peyton to Andrew.

And that we did not draft Ryan Leaf or RGIII!

Being in QB hell just sucks for NFL teams.

Cheers,

sherck
03-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Discontent.

That is the word for what I am feeling.

Discontent.

DO SOMETHING, BALLARD!

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Josina Anderson‏ @JosinaAnderson 55s56 seconds ago
I'm told, as of now, WR Alshon Jeffery is leaning towards choosing the #Eagles when free agency starts

PLEASE DO. SAVE US FROM OURSELVES.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Found this graphic and thought it gives some interesting prospective....thoughts?

sherck
03-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Found this graphic and thought it gives some interesting prospective....thoughts?
I think that Dan Snyder has got to be pissed that six teams have spent more in free agency that he has.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 7s7 seconds ago
G Kevin Zeitler leaving the Bengals to join the Browns, source confirms @AdamSchefter report

GL4KJHSGSKFKJS FOR FUCKS SAKE BALLARD STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH ALSHON JEFFERY AND AGREE TO TERMS WITH A GUY THAT CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING HELP US.

Puck
03-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 7s7 seconds ago
G Kevin Zeitler leaving the Bengals to join the Browns, source confirms @AdamSchefter report

GL4KJHSGSKFKJS FOR FUCKS SAKE BALLARD STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH ALSHON JEFFERY AND AGREE TO TERMS WITH A GUY THAT CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING HELP US.

Super Bowls aren't won in March

FatDT
03-09-2017, 03:52 PM
I like Zeitler but if he's going to Cleveland he's chasing money. There are other guards available.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Super Bowls aren't won in March

Grigson lost us the opportunity win Super Bowls, March 2013-2016.

njcoltfan
03-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Nope.

See my note above. It would not shock me if we sign none or only one veteran defensive free agents.

I am becoming convinced that Ballard is going with the long view and will want to build the defense pretty much solely through the draft.

However, to give him time and take the pressure off, he is going to pump the offense up to rock star levels in order to win games.

Wide Receivers before Linebackers. Oh my.......

Cheers,

Good, let's just waste a few more years of Lucks career!!! I thought no more Star War numbers ??

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:03 PM
I like Zeitler but if he's going to Cleveland he's chasing money. There are other guards available.

The contract is for five years and $60 million, and includes $31.5 million in guarantees.

sherck
03-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Honestly, the money we paid Doyle is looking pretty cheap right now with some of these eye popping numbers.

Cheers,

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:20 PM
DeAndre Levy from the Lions anyone? looks like they are releasing him

Brylok
03-09-2017, 04:26 PM
The contract is for five years and $60 million, and includes $31.5 million in guarantees.
Good gravy! Pass...

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:27 PM
@schwartzfeinsod 4m4 minutes ago
Larry Warford @wardaddy_75 has agreed to terms with the New Orleans Saints @Saints

well shit!

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Colts have also tendered Quan Bray fyi

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Schwartz & Feinsod‏ @schwartzfeinsod 6m6 minutes ago
Larry Warford @wardaddy_75 has agreed to terms with the New Orleans Saints @Saints

So...that leaves us TJ Lang and DJ Fluker, right?

Puck
03-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Schwartz & Feinsod‏ @schwartzfeinsod 6m6 minutes ago

So...that leaves us TJ Lang and DJ Fluker, right?

There are plenty of FA's left. Just not the ones you wanted

njcoltfan
03-09-2017, 04:33 PM
There are plenty of FA's left. Just not the ones you wanted

Or the ones that might, you know, actually help make the team better!!

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Donte Moncrief‏Verified account
@drm_12

If They don't want you to be great, they not for YOU!!

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Adam Schefter‏
NFL stunner: Texans trade QB Brock Osweiler AND a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for the Browns to take Osweiler’s $16M salary of Houston’s books, per league sources. The move clears out millions in salary-cap space for Houston to intensify efforts to sign former Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, per sources. To be exact, Houston saves $16 million in cash and $10 million against their cap this season. The Texans also will get the Browns’ fourth-round pick this year in exchange for their own 6th-round pick. So Cleveland gets Osweiler’s contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland’s 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash. Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him, per sources. If so, it would turn into a basketball-like trade in which NBA teams routinely trade contracts to get them off their books; only it rarely, if ever, happens in the NFL. It’s hard to remember in the salary-cap era another team when a team traded a contract to get it off its books. But Houston was so anxious to rid itself of Osweiler and move on to its next quarterbacking chapter that it is giving Cleveland extra picks to take him and his contract. The Browns headed into this free-agent signing period with over $100 million worth of salary-cap space and would struggle to spend it all. Now they can devote some of it to Osweiler’s contract and acquiring extra draft picks from Houston. But this is one of the most, if not the most, creative trade in NFL history.

smitty46953
03-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Donte Moncrief‏Verified account
@drm_12

If They don't want you to be great, they not for YOU!!

Vontae Davis school of communication perhaps ? WTF does this mean? :cool:

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Good question, but I also see this on twitter

@jimosborne45
This is intel I'm getting. Jeffrey & Colts? Thought is Ballard is not a fan of Moncrief in terms of effort or commitment. He's FA in 2018

Also now the Vikings are in the mix for Jeffrey

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/report-vikings-in-on-alshon-jeffery/

Puck
03-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Grigson lost us the opportunity win Super Bowls, March 2013-2016.

Good one Dam

omahacolt
03-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Good question, but I also see this on twitter

@jimosborne45
This is intel I'm getting. Jeffrey & Colts? Thought is Ballard is not a fan of Moncrief in terms of effort or commitment. He's FA in 2018

Also now the Vikings are in the mix for Jeffrey

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/report-vikings-in-on-alshon-jeffery/

That dude just makes shit up

omahacolt
03-09-2017, 04:48 PM

Moncrief posts a lot of messages similar to that. Don't think it means anything

Puck
03-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Adam Schefter‏
NFL stunner: Texans trade QB Brock Osweiler AND a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for the Browns to take Osweiler’s $16M salary of Houston’s books, per league sources. The move clears out millions in salary-cap space for Houston to intensify efforts to sign former Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, per sources. To be exact, Houston saves $16 million in cash and $10 million against their cap this season. The Texans also will get the Browns’ fourth-round pick this year in exchange for their own 6th-round pick. So Cleveland gets Osweiler’s contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland’s 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash. Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him, per sources. If so, it would turn into a basketball-like trade in which NBA teams routinely trade contracts to get them off their books; only it rarely, if ever, happens in the NFL. It’s hard to remember in the salary-cap era another team when a team traded a contract to get it off its books. But Houston was so anxious to rid itself of Osweiler and move on to its next quarterbacking chapter that it is giving Cleveland extra picks to take him and his contract. The Browns headed into this free-agent signing period with over $100 million worth of salary-cap space and would struggle to spend it all. Now they can devote some of it to Osweiler’s contract and acquiring extra draft picks from Houston. But this is one of the most, if not the most, creative trade in NFL history.

Pretty smart for Both sides on this one

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:51 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Jeff Locke to the Colts. He will replace Pat McAfee as the team's punter

Spike
03-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Damn, I was hoping Osweiler was staying in Houston. Fucking Browns.

Indiana V2
03-09-2017, 04:57 PM
And the dumb Browns traded for Brock Osweiler from the meffing Texans, eff us!

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 04:59 PM
so much for Romo headed to Houston

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
The #Texans, who clear $10M in cap room, have space for Tony Romo. They will not be trading for him.

Puck
03-09-2017, 05:01 PM
so much for Romo headed to Houston

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
The #Texans, who clear $10M in cap room, have space for Tony Romo. They will not be trading for him.

Good work today Wyatt you should post more!

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Thank you sir, I intend on it...

One of the benefits of being the IT guy at our small company, I get to monitor important stuff like Colts news during the day.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
@AdamSchefter
Patriots are giving former Bills CB Stephon Gilmore a five-year, $65 million deal that includes $40 million guaranteed, per source.

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 05:05 PM
@AdamSchefter 17s17 seconds ago
Alshon Jeffery to Eagles, per @JosinaAnderson

So much for all the speculation/bitching today...

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Josina Anderson‏ @JosinaAnderson 34s34 seconds ago
WR Alshon Jeffery just called me directly and said it is a "done deal" that he will go to the #Eagles

Phew.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Josina Anderson‏ @JosinaAnderson 2m2 minutes ago
WR Alshon Jeffery is a 1-year deal for $14M to #Eagles.

Actually, that wouldn't have been terrible.

sherck
03-09-2017, 05:08 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Jeff Locke to the Colts. He will replace Pat McAfee as the team's punter
The one thing I noticed is that almost 1/2 his punts in 2016 were downed inside the 20.

But other than that? Yeah, I got nothing.

Glad we have a punter.

Cheers,

Spike
03-09-2017, 05:09 PM
@AdamSchefter 17s17 seconds ago
Alshon Jeffery to Eagles, per @JosinaAnderson

So much for all the speculation/bitching today...

Thank God!

Wyatt
03-09-2017, 05:09 PM
@AdamSchefter 28s29 seconds ago
Bouye to Jags. Done.

natagu23
03-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Adam Schefter‏

The Browns. F**king idiots. Why would they help the Texans like that?

I really dont want Romo in our division. He's a decent qb, and with their defense.....?

Not good.

sherck
03-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Jeffery to the Eagles on 1 year, $14m deal.

Thank goodness.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 05:11 PM
The Browns. F**king idiots. Why would they help the Texans like that?

I really dont want Romo in our division. He's a decent qb, and with their defense.....?

Not good.

They're apparently thinking about cutting Brock Lobster.

This looks like it was them spending $16M of cap space in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

I mean, I guess when you've got $100M, that's one way to spend $16M in cap space...

smitty46953
03-09-2017, 05:12 PM
A.J. Bouye to Jaguars on five-year, $67.5 million deal $13.5 million annually

natagu23
03-09-2017, 05:13 PM
They're apparently thinking about cutting Brock Lobster.

This looks like it was them spending $16M of cap space in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

I mean, I guess when you've got $100M, that's one way to spend $16M in cap space...

Buy a 2nd rounder essentially then pay him.

They can afford it.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
Source: #Packers OG TJ Lang initially visiting Detroit and Seattle. GB still in the mix.

Lmao, we're not even in this one.

natagu23
03-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Do something Ballard!

sherck
03-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Reporting says Chris Baker is "only" making $6m+ per year.

Downright affordable compared to some other deals.

Cheers,

Wyatt
@AdamSchefter now14 seconds ago
WR Terrelle Pryor visiting Redskins.
Jabaal Sheard visiting the Dolphins.

HoosierinFL
A.J. Bouye to Jaguars on five-year, $67.5 million deal $13.5 million annually

yikes! Jags keep getting better on defense. I kinda wanted Bouye but not at that pricetag. holey smokes!

smitty46953
03-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Who will be first Coltfreak to stroke out today ??? :cool: Hey we got a punter !!!

HoosierinFL
03-09-2017, 05:18 PM

Not good.

yea, but, it's still the Texans. They'll find a way to fuck it up somehow. All we need to do is get back on track to being a good football team and we can reclaim the south.

Coltsalr
03-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
WR Terrelle Pryor visiting Redskins.

Jabaal Sheard visiting the Dolphins.

Are we gonna sign ANYONE?

rcubed
03-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Chris Baker 3-yr deal with Bucs...$6M+ per yr

smitty46953
03-09-2017, 05:19 PM