![]() |
|
|
#41
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
|
|
#42
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
He was a coach on the field he transcended the game of football. Brady and Belicheck started to copy the Colts playing style. Brady had no pressure from the moment he stepped on the field. He had a great defense, great coach, and clutch kicker. He may have won more championships but no QB was asked to do more in his career than the true GOAT and that’s Peyton fuckin Manning |
| The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post: | ||
Racehorse (09-27-2026) | ||
|
#43
|
|||
|
|||
|
I just disagree that either one of them are the greatest of all time. Unitas, for instance, changed how the game was played. His career was way more impactful on the NFL than either of Manning or Brady. I would take Manning any day over Brady however, as would many non Colt fans i have had this conversation with or read. It is a fun argument, i wish they both were still in their prime-life was better for us then.
|
|
#44
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I thought that Manning was greater than Unitas. Manning was an absolte freak-of-nature in regard to reading defenses, and audibling in and out of plays at the line-of-scrimmage ...... I had never seen anything like that before he came along, or since he retired. In 2012, Manning ...... in his very first season with a brand- new team ...... took all of 5 games to single-handedly transform a previously mediocre Denver Broncos offense into an offensive juggernaut that resembled the 2005 Indianapolis Colts. In the divisional playoffs against the Baltimore Ravens he put 35 points on the board, and only one of the biggest defensive blunders in the history of professional football post-season play allowed the Ravens to score the game-tying TD on a 70-yard bomb with only 30 seconds left to play and no timeouts to send that game into overtime ...... if not for that blunder, it is highly likely that the Broncos would have easily beaten the Patriots in the AFC championship game that year (like they did the following year in 2013), and won the Super Bowl against the 49ers. All of that said, I think that an argument can be made for Dan Marino being the greatest quarterback of all-time, and I will get into that in my next post. o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck |
| The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post: | ||
Racehorse (09-27-2026) | ||
|
#45
|
||||
|
||||
|
o
In 1995 when I was 30 years-old, I was talking to a man who was 55 ...... that man had seen Sammy Baugh and Sid Luckman play in their primes. I asked him who he thought was the greatest quarterback of all-time, and he said, l "Dan Marino." So what did my dumb-ass, 30 year-old self say ??? I said, l "But Marino's teams only made it to 1 Super Bowl, and they were beaten badly." His reply ??? He said, l "That's now what you asked ...... you said quarterback, not world championships." And so a man who had seen Sammy Baugh, Sid Luckman, Otto Graham, YA Tittle, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, and Joe Montana all play in their primes clued my stupid ass in on determining what constitutes a great quarterback. o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck |
| The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post: | ||
Racehorse (09-27-2026) | ||
|
#46
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. Brady had better playoff luck that was mostly due to cheating, Manning was the better QB. You don't even have to take my word for it, the AP voted Manning MVP 5 times in a 17 year career and Brady MVP 3 times in a 23 year career. Manning was the first QB to pass for over 70,000 yards and 500 TDs. Neither longevity nor cheating make Tom Brady a better QB than Peyton Manning.
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post: | ||
|
#47
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I view Manning vs. Brady a lot like Jordan vs. LeBron at this point. Both are great players, but there is a clear better one in both sports, and in neither case is it the one whose numbers and case are built on longevity. |
| The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post: | ||
Racehorse (09-27-2026) | ||
|
#48
|
|||
|
|||
|
and right now there are some 12 lads in KC that are convinced that Patrick Mahomes is the GOAT and you old timers (anyone over 30) just wanna stick to your memories.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
|
|
#49
|
|||
|
|||
|
This has been bandied about a bit. But Many people think that Manning was greatest regular season QB.
__________________
"Some people just don't know when it's time to be the voice of reason and when it's time to be the voice of discontent." |
| The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post: | ||
albany ed (09-25-2026) | ||
|
#50
|
|||
|
|||
|
I would agree with that
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post: | ||
YDFL Commish (09-26-2026) | ||
![]() |
|
|