ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-22-2018, 03:32 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts
Default defensive coverage

so i somewhat charted the colts coverage scheme. for the most part i just looking at the safeties. whether we were 2 deep or 3 deep. basically i was just looking for a general idea.

for example i wasn't that concerned with the specifics. as in were we in cover 3 or cover 1. if we were in cover 2 or tampa 2.

in this game we were in a version of 2 deep the majority of the time. over 60% of the time we both safeties back. sometimes the would take the middle backer and drop him deep like a tampa 2 (which is damn near a cover 3 to be honest) and sometimes they would do a traditional cover 2.

a couple notes to that are that a few times desir gave a man look when everyone else was zoned up. now i assume that was just him screwing up. by that i mean he turned his back to the qb and followed his wr while normally he would play for an inside release and keep his eyes in the backfield.

also geathers diagnosed run so much quicker than hooker. geathers and leonard are the 2 main guys in the back 7 that flash.

so most of the rest of the time we were in a cover 3 or cover 1. which doesn't really matter. cover 1 is man under and generally has a "robber" but i didn't see much of that. and geathers is always the guy that comes up in this d. hooker stays back. i think we have good players for a cover 3 and like that we run it as much as we do.

a few times we did man with a deep safety when the skins spread us out.

essentially it is what i thought it was. cover 2 and cover 3 pretty much every snap. i imagine it will vary game to game on what coverage gets the most run. definitely not a tampa 2 defense though. while we run it i wouldn't call that our base
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Chaka (09-22-2018), Dewey 5 (09-22-2018), FatDT (09-22-2018), Racehorse (09-22-2018), rm1369 (09-22-2018), Spike (09-22-2018), YDFL Commish (09-22-2018)