ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-26-2021, 05:02 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,758 Posts
Default quick thoughts on the terrible titans game

1) wentz isn't the guy. he isn't the worst guy. but we will go nowhere with him. holds the ball. misses guys (had to hit pittman in endzone). sees ghosts out there. he isn't a real leader. he is a ginger. he just isn't it

2) the running backs are good. we knew that. hines is a weapon and a great compliment to taylor. we need to keep getting these guys in space.

3) fisher was bad today. he isn't a great tackle to begin with. we need better than that.

4) the coaches don't know what they are doing. why did eason make the team? this whole eason/hundley debacle just proves they havent a clue what they are doing. not to mention the odd rotating tackles. makes them look incompetent. get ehlinger healthy and cut eason.

5) zach pascal is our 1. that is just disgusting. pittman is good. campbell is a nobody. can hilton still play? who knows

6) our tight ends are just guys.

7) all these lower leg injuries aren't a coincidence. this is an issue

8) ballards huge failure with his 2nd round picks is very telling. Lewis does nothing. banogu and turay arent good. too many picks just not producing. we have no pass rush other than buckner.

9) okereke has regressed. leonard should have probably been traded.

10) if it weren't for blackmon, henry goes for 300 today. good on him.

11) even our good players (moore) arent playing consistent. nelson goes out and nobody notices. i think this team lacks true leaders. wentz and leonard aren't leaders. needs to be more accountability.

12) we don't do anything well. our defense is trash. we can barely move the ball down the field. zero threat of going deep. its just a mess.

13) what positives are there? the state of this team is just not good and that isn't acceptable. we have been saving money for what? to pay a fucking guard? there is nothing to hang our hat on as a team. not coaching, players, or scheme

14) untouched td to a rb in the flat? come the fuck on leonard. come the fuck on.

15) i fear this trade for wentz will set the team back years.

16) i will try and get more game specific as the week goes on hopefully. this game and this season has really been telling to me as where we are as a franchise. its not good.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-26-2021), Chaka (09-27-2021), Dewey 5 (09-26-2021), dwilli57 (10-02-2021), Luck4Reich (09-26-2021), ZionsvilleColtsFan (09-27-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 05:07 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,027 Posts

o

I think that if Wentz were healthy, we probably would have won the game today ..... and if the dog had not stopped to take a piss, he would have caught the rabbit.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 09-26-2021, 05:10 PM

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
1) wentz isn't the guy. he isn't the worst guy. but we will go nowhere with him. holds the ball. misses guys (had to hit pittman in endzone). sees ghosts out there. he isn't a real leader. he is a ginger. he just isn't it

2) the running backs are good. we knew that. hines is a weapon and a great compliment to taylor. we need to keep getting these guys in space.

3) fisher was bad today. he isn't a great tackle to begin with. we need better than that.

4) the coaches don't know what they are doing. why did eason make the team? this whole eason/hundley debacle just proves they havent a clue what they are doing. not to mention the odd rotating tackles. makes them look incompetent. get ehlinger healthy and cut eason.

5) zach pascal is our 1. that is just disgusting. pittman is good. campbell is a nobody. can hilton still play? who knows

6) our tight ends are just guys.

7) all these lower leg injuries aren't a coincidence. this is an issue

8) ballards huge failure with his 2nd round picks is very telling. Lewis does nothing. banogu and turay arent good. too many picks just not producing. we have no pass rush other than buckner.

9) okereke has regressed. leonard should have probably been traded.

10) if it weren't for blackmon, henry goes for 300 today. good on him.

11) even our good players (moore) arent playing consistent. nelson goes out and nobody notices. i think this team lacks true leaders. wentz and leonard aren't leaders. needs to be more accountability.

12) we don't do anything well. our defense is trash. we can barely move the ball down the field. zero threat of going deep. its just a mess.

13) what positives are there? the state of this team is just not good and that isn't acceptable. we have been saving money for what? to pay a fucking guard? there is nothing to hang our hat on as a team. not coaching, players, or scheme

14) untouched td to a rb in the flat? come the fuck on leonard. come the fuck on.

15) i fear this trade for wentz will set the team back years.

16) i will try and get more game specific as the week goes on hopefully. this game and this season has really been telling to me as where we are as a franchise. its not good.
Spot on with everything. and I was thinking the same thing #15 earlier.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:17 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

I think you’re being a little dramatic.

Wentz has had like 5 practices since JOINING THE DAMN TEAM and was playing hurt on top of that and you’re done with him already? Come on, Omaha. I thought you were smarter than that.

I’m not convinced at all the Wentz is the answer but he’s what we have. And he’s not been that bad, all things considered.

If things don’t get any better, I’m not sure we shouldn’t try and salvage that first round pick AND try and get Wentz healthy, but I’m not at all convinced that we can’t win with him.

The single worst decision made today was Reich giving Taylor 10 freaking carries in a game that was close all the way. That’s inexcusable.

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 09-26-2021 at 05:20 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-26-2021), Colts And Orioles (09-26-2021), Racehorse (09-26-2021), YDFL Commish (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 05:20 PM

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

The single worst decision made today was Reich giving Taylor 10 freaking carries in a game that was close all the way. That’s inexcusable.
Yep that really pissed me off
Old 09-26-2021, 05:22 PM

Thanked 4,430 Times in 2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I think you’re being a little dramatic.

Wentz has had like 5 practices since JOINING THE DAMN TEAM and was playing hurt on top of that and you’re done with him already? Come on, Omaha. I thought you were smarter than that.

I’m not convinced at all the Wentz is the answer but he’s what we have. And he’s not been that bad, all things considered.

If things don’t get any better, I’m not sure we shouldn’t try and salvage that first round pick AND try and get Wentz healthy, but I’m not at all convinced that we can’t win with him.

Omaha is drunk, and gets emotional when drunk. As for him being smart... well, he likes Keystone Light.

As to your point about Taylor, it has a bunch of people scratching their heads. The dude is one of our three offensive playmakers, but when he does well, we go away from him. I wish Tennessee was that stupid when it comes to Henry.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:24 PM

I do believe if Wentz were healthy, we might have won that game. He had no lateral movement to buy more time in the pocket or roll out. A healthy Wentz could have done that. He shouldn't have played. Colts can lose without him just as easily as they did with him. My biggest fear, the team loses 12 games this year but Wentz takes more than 70% of the snaps and we give up a #1. If he's not able to move well, then don't start him.
Colts And Orioles (09-26-2021), Racehorse (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 05:31 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Omaha is drunk, and gets emotional when drunk. As for him being smart... well, he likes Keystone Light.

As to your point about Taylor, it has a bunch of people scratching their heads. The dude is one of our three offensive playmakers, but when he does well, we go away from him. I wish Tennessee was that stupid when it comes to Henry.
They didn’t play him at all in the preseason and then give him 10 measly carries in a huge division game? And it’s not like he wasn’t producing. 64 yards on 10 carries. 6.4 yards per carry.

Absolute bullshit.

Mike Vrabel should be buying Reich dinner for a gift like that.

Omaha also said Leonard isn’t a leader, so he’s obviously drunk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 05:37 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post

I do believe if Wentz were healthy, we might have won that game. He had no lateral movement to buy more time in the pocket or roll out. A healthy Wentz could have done that. He shouldn't have played. Colts can lose without him just as easily as they did with him. My biggest fear, the team loses 12 games this year but Wentz takes more than 70% of the snaps and we give up a #1. If he's not able to move well, then don't start him.

o

A month and-a-half ago, Jim Irsay said that he did not want Wentz playing on Opening Day against the Seahawks unless he was completely recovered from his foot surgery ......

Jim Irsay Says Colts don't Want Carson Wentz to Return until He's 100% Healthy

(By Mike Wells)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rn-100-healthy

Reich and company would have been wise to heed that advice regarding his latest injuries (2 sprained ankles.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 09-26-2021, 05:42 PM

Some are saying we would have won this game with a healthy Wentz. We don't know that because he's NEVER HEALTHY. We're not even out of September yet and he's already had two injuries and missed time due to his selfish decision to not get vaccinated. Eagles must be laughing their heads off. Sit Wentz and let's see what Eason can do. We need to find out and while at it, get some of our draft capital back.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PowayColt For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-26-2021), Dewey 5 (09-26-2021), JAFF (09-27-2021), omahacolt (09-26-2021), rm1369 (09-26-2021)