ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2021, 12:43 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Julio is a better player than what they lost.

I’m not sold on Wentz. He was god awful last year. Rivers had years of good seasons under his belt. How many does Wentz? 2-3? I’m hopeful he can turn it around, but not gonna delude myself.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/l...old-drew-lock/
Julio may be better than Davis which is debatable at this point in his career Davis still has potential to grow and got a lot of gritty yards for the Titans last year but no way Julio can equal the numbers Davis and Smith put up last year so the threat at TE is gone

As far as Wentz his entire season was equal to Mahomes on the Super bowl, running for his life trying to make shit happen. Solid line and a coach that’s great with QBs and restoring their confidence id say 35td 10 int is very possible
Old 06-14-2021, 12:48 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If I cannot enjoy some delusion during the off season, when do I get to? Honestly, I don't think it is delusional to think Wentz is an answer to our qb issues. He was awful last year, but so was everyone on Phili. Do you throw them all out? I don't know exactly what happened but that situation was NOT caused by poor qb play alone. Wentz doesn't need to be a top 5 qb to be the answer. He is more than capable of being average to slightly above average. With the offensive line we have built, and the defense we are building average should be enough.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-14-2021), Ironshaft (06-21-2021), Racehorse (06-14-2021), TheMugwump (06-14-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 03:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Julio may be better than Davis which is debatable at this point in his career Davis still has potential to grow and got a lot of gritty yards for the Titans last year but no way Julio can equal the numbers Davis and Smith put up last year so the threat at TE is gone

As far as Wentz his entire season was equal to Mahomes on the Super bowl, running for his life trying to make shit happen. Solid line and a coach that’s great with QBs and restoring their confidence id say 35td 10 int is very possible
Julio will be more than threat enough then either of those guys. And their TE situation will be fine since both WRs will draw all the attention.

Wentz has mechanics issues, confidence issues, and he is on a new team. That’s a lot to fix in one off season. Like all the stories so far, but he hasn’t done anything yet.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:01 PM

He has mechanical issues no doubt. He knows that, so does Reich. I'm not sure that anyone can say for sure how bad his confidence in himself is. The new team is a net positive to me, not something that will hold him back. Reich wanted him and he knows him better than most. I don't think the guy is a savior, but I think the odds are better than not that he is average to slightly better than average with a slight risk that he sucks and a slight upside that the guy is brilliant. Given the circumstances I'm pretty pleased, at least before any games are played.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-14-2021), Spike (06-14-2021), TheMugwump (06-15-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 05:32 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts

Look. Wentz played hero ball in 2019 as well and carried the team on his back to get them in playoffs.

In 2020 the wheels fell off and he felt he could do it again. This time the team around him was even worse and Wentz lost all control of his mechanics and decision making.

So I think that we have a a QB that can carry the team to victory when needed, which wasn't Rivers. But he won't have to do so on a weekly basis.

I couldn't ask for much more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-15-2021), Oldcolt (06-14-2021), Spike (06-14-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 08:52 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Look. Wentz played hero ball in 2019 as well and carried the team on his back to get them in playoffs.

In 2020 the wheels fell off and he felt he could do it again. This time the team around him was even worse and Wentz lost all control of his mechanics and decision making.

So I think that we have a a QB that can carry the team to victory when needed, which wasn't Rivers. But he won't have to do so on a weekly basis.

I couldn't ask for much more.
So eliminate the hero ball, fix the mechanics, build the confidence, and establish chemistry with the offense in one off season. Tall order.

Think this team is gonna be completely healthy all year? It’s not. Think he is going to have to carry them at times? He will.

Let’s see when he gets into some actual games. Rivers was actually pretty good, he was just old. I wouldnt bet the franchise just yet on Wentz.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:56 AM
Post whore

Quote:

Philly has had a good oline for most of his career. Last year they had lots of injuries.

He’s never thrown 35 TDs in a season before.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Philly has had a good oline for most of his career. Last year they had lots of injuries.

He’s never thrown 35 TDs in a season before.
33 and 7 in 13 games in 2017
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 02:01 PM

Here is an article about how he is working on mechanical issues. Again, of course he had issues. If he didn't he wouldn't have been available in a trade. The question is whether they are fixable. Time will tell but I'm not sure what else he could be doing.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/...aux-tom-house/
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 05:11 PM
Post whore

Quote:
33 and 7 in 13 games in 2017
His MVP candidate season. So he’s gonna throw more TDs than that year? Even though the three following years are 16, 27, 21.