ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-09-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I wouldn’t go that far. Minshew has had the luxury of coming off the bench and not being the guy defenses have planned for. Even the game he started AR wasn’t ruled out until late in the week.

Once teams know he’ll be the starter, they’ll be a lot more effective playing him.

Also, AR has been sneaky good when he plays. I don’t think Minshew comes back from down 23-0 the way he did.
On the same token, are we down 23-0 if Gardner started? I hope AR heals quickly. I would love to see a 6-7 game sample size to watch it progress. No denying his unlimited ability, but the NFL could be pile is full of unlimited ability players who didn't work out. As a homer I hope AR doesn't end up there. I made it perfectly clear I didn't want no part of this QB class, but I hope he makes me eat my words and makes me sorry I said it.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
RG3, anyone?

I'll say it, right now we are a better team with Gardner. Richardson is a freak of nature that Gardner doesn't come close to matching, but he doesn't do dumb shit. He doesn't beat us when we lose. He is definitely more accurate than Richardson and that will probably never change. He is a far superior athlete and his arm strength is unreal. If he can stay healthy and continue to progress we have us a beast, sans the accuracy thing. I am not sure that can be coached out of a player. Right now, this moment, this season we are better with Gardner. Say we win every game while Anthony is out? What do they do when he is ready to come back?
Throw him back in there, you're out of the QB sweepstakes for this year at this point. This team needs a franchise QB, not another stopgap.
Old 10-09-2023, 03:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
RG3, anyone?

I'll say it, right now we are a better team with Gardner. Richardson is a freak of nature that Gardner doesn't come close to matching, but he doesn't do dumb shit. He doesn't beat us when we lose. He is definitely more accurate than Richardson and that will probably never change. He is a far superior athlete and his arm strength is unreal. If he can stay healthy and continue to progress we have us a beast, sans the accuracy thing. I am not sure that can be coached out of a player. Right now, this moment, this season we are better with Gardner. Say we win every game while Anthony is out? What do they do when he is ready to come back?
Gardner is not a franchise Qb. He is smart, a good leader, understands how leaders function, and a good team mate. But he can be defended if the colts are behind and time is running out. AR has a better arm than Luck. When the throws deep the throw doesnt have a hump in it. Best example is John Elway, his own receivers were afraid of him.

The problem with AR, even in college, he was the best athlete on the field. Thats not true now. He will learn to throw it away or run out of bounds or have a short career. The only way he figures it out is he keeps landing on the injury list. Play him, and hope he gets smarter.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 03:26 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Throw him back in there, you're out of the QB sweepstakes for this year at this point. This team needs a franchise QB, not another stopgap.
The entire mood will change once we go from playing with house money with a rookie phenom... to treating Minshew as the next one-and-done QB and expecting wins because the rest of the roster has the talent.

Like Hoopsdoc mentioned, defenses haven't gameplanned as much for him aside from BAL where Minshew was VERY close to having a few of those catastrophic, game-altering turnovers. Hopefully he avoids that. But we'll see how DC's try to expose his limitations.

A big reason we're 3-2 is because we have 4 total turnovers. Last year, through five games, we had 11. And we can remember that they were often that catastrophic variety in your own territory and whatever else.
Old 10-09-2023, 04:02 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
The entire mood will change once we go from playing with house money with a rookie phenom... to treating Minshew as the next one-and-done QB and expecting wins because the rest of the roster has the talent.

Like Hoopsdoc mentioned, defenses haven't gameplanned as much for him aside from BAL where Minshew was VERY close to having a few of those catastrophic, game-altering turnovers. Hopefully he avoids that. But we'll see how DC's try to expose his limitations.

A big reason we're 3-2 is because we have 4 total turnovers. Last year, through five games, we had 11. And we can remember that they were often that catastrophic variety in your own territory and whatever else.
There’s a reason any team could have signed Minshew.

He’s an ideal back up buts he’s a marginal starter at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
JAFF (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 04:03 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Gardner is not a franchise Qb. He is smart, a good leader, understands how leaders function, and a good team mate. But he can be defended if the colts are behind and time is running out. AR has a better arm than Luck. When the throws deep the throw doesnt have a hump in it. Best example is John Elway, his own receivers were afraid of him.

The problem with AR, even in college, he was the best athlete on the field. Thats not true now. He will learn to throw it away or run out of bounds or have a short career. The only way he figures it out is he keeps landing on the injury list. Play him, and hope he gets smarter.
Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen AR slide.
Old 10-09-2023, 04:08 PM

Thanked 4,425 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Proves my point that he was headed towards the sideline.
Old 10-09-2023, 05:35 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Proves my point that he was headed towards the sideline.
Proves my point he should started sooner
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 08:37 PM

Thanked 4,425 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Proves my point he should started sooner
You have no point. Watch the play again and tell me how he would have started sooner. You just like to argue.

And that silly link you posted was about a doctor, and really didn't show the whole play.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:43 AM

Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen AR slide.
I think he He slid on Sunday.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-10-2023)