ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the QB for 2022
Wentz 10 27.03%
Ehlinger 3 8.11%
Draft. Who and what round 2 5.41%
Wilson What are you trading 0 0%
Rogers What are you trading 0 0%
Watson What are you trading 1 2.70%
Tribusky 8 21.62%
Bridgewater 1 2.70%
Jimmy G What are you trading 3 8.11%
Other 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2022, 08:41 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I am inclined to this as well. There are no sure things, but Trubisky intrigues me. He only had 13 starts in college, so if any QB coming into the NFL needed a year to acclimate it was Trubisky. Maybe he can still shine now that he's been in the league for a few years. Also, he's got speed, so he can handle the RPO that Reich is so fond of. Other than Trubisky, I wouldn't be pissed if they chose Mariota, he has even more speed than Trubisky, but I like Trubisky's potential a little bit more.
Mariotta cant get past one read before bailing out and running. He is the same guy right now as he was coming out of college. He is a back up.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:10 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

I think Carr is the only one worth locking down to a long term contract, Colts could compete for the conference with him in my opinion. If they can't get Carr, and McAsswipe would probably agree to a trade and then change his mind at the last minute, then I'm not sure what you do? We can't waste JT for 2 or 3 years of his prime...I think they have to go after Carr hard or maybe there will be some FAs next season and you just bring in a one and done this year?

But I hope the Colts go after Carr very aggressively and force McDickface and the Raiders to pay Carr a king's ransom and be locked into him for years, because in my opinion they don't have the pieces in place that the Colts have for Carr to even win that division, let alone the conference! McDumbass will fail again and have to go running home to BB to be cuddled, powdered, and diapered!

Last edited by CletusPyle; 03-12-2022 at 09:19 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-12-2022), Racehorse (03-12-2022), Spike (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 10:55 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Am I retarded for thinking Matt Ryan should be in this discussion?

Atlanta needs to get out from his cap hit and I hear Indy has got the money… I think he would be about the best “stop gap” solution Indianapolis could hope for, assuming my ignorance of the salary cap implications related to this don’t make the transaction possible in the first place.

I’ve also lived in Atlanta longer than I lived in Indianapolis at this point, so maybe my perspective isn’t all that objective.

I thought of him as well but agree with race that he may cost too much capital to get, especially if we are only thinking stop gap
Old 03-12-2022, 11:17 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:

Am I retarded ???

o

No.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Mr. Session (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 11:33 AM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Am I retarded for thinking Matt Ryan should be in this discussion?

Atlanta needs to get out from his cap hit and I hear Indy has got the money… I think he would be about the best “stop gap” solution Indianapolis could hope for, assuming my ignorance of the salary cap implications related to this don’t make the transaction possible in the first place.

I’ve also lived in Atlanta longer than I lived in Indianapolis at this point, so maybe my perspective isn’t all that objective.
Not a bad thought, but ATL's going to have a moving him this offseason b/c Ryan would count $40M in dead money towards the '22 cap (total cap hit is $48M). I could be wrong on this, but since his dead money is all from his signing bonus I don't think a trading partner can help with the cap hit.

Now they could move him after June 1st where (at least per OTC) his dead money for '22 would drop to $25M with $15M towards '23. Or more likely move on from Ryan next offseason where his dead money hit would be $15M.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:37 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

I've only seen a couple guys bring up Matt Ryan. I don't follow ATL much so I don't know where they're at as a team other than four straight losing seasons. I just read they dropped Ryan's cap hit down to $37m. That's still a motherfucker but I think it gives them $15m or so of space.

He'll be 37. Anybody know if there's word on how much longer he wants to play? Going by Ballard's talk about being tired of "band-aids", I assume Ryan must be lower on the list.

He always has good stats, but the team doesn't win much. Only two winning seasons in the past 9 (I don't know how much of that is him). Even his stats took a hit this year. An extra game and he didn't crack 4000yds and barely hit 20tds. Anybody have some insight?
Old 03-12-2022, 12:41 PM

My 2 cents...other than Carr....no trading draft picks for a QB. No other one is worth it, IMO.

Specifically, Ryan is too old and not good enough anymore.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:09 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I don't know enough about evaluating QBs to have a real rooting interest in any of these guys. I actually trust Ballard to get this one correct. He won't be listening to Reich. Who knows why Reich was so taken with Wentz, I have my opinions but don't know either of them. Whatever it was it made him overlook some huge short comings in the guy. That won't happen this time. I do like someone like Trubisky. He has the physical talent to play in the league. If he wants to turn around his career then Frank is the guy to do it, so I think we would be able to sign him. I am trending towards him because of how vocal his teammates and the organization in general have been about him (in stark contrast to the quietness surrounding Wentz). Now I don't necessarily believe he has become a top QB in his time in Buffalo (not discounting that maybe he has been coached up) but he definitely is a person that is admired and liked as a man. He needed coaching when he came out of collage (only a one year starter) and got Nagy, so there is hope that a good coach could get something out of him. After the putz that was Wentz I would like to have someone who I can pull for and that the organization can get behind. Trubisky seems to be that kind of teammate. I know he is somewhat of a crap shoot but so are all the other available QBs. We are in a world of hurt as an organization right now. It feels like we are at a tipping point to me. Ballard needs all the luck in the world navigating these next few months if we are going to come out of this ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
albany ed (03-12-2022), njcoltfan (03-13-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 02:44 PM

I think it is going to be one of 3 guys. Mariota, Sam or Tribisky (SP) Ballard is not going to give up any draft picks for a lateral move of another Wentz (Jimmy G). He got burned and will be very reluctant to do that again. If neither of those are the answer in 2022 you will see him do some maneuvering for draft pick next April where there will be a deeper QB pool coming out of college. This years draft has to many project QB's and no plug and play type.
Oldcolt (03-12-2022), Racehorse (03-12-2022), Spike (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I think it is going to be one of 3 guys. Mariota, Sam or Tribisky (SP) Ballard is not going to give up any draft picks for a lateral move of another Wentz (Jimmy G). He got burned and will be very reluctant to do that again. If neither of those are the answer in 2022 you will see him do some maneuvering for draft pick next April where there will be a deeper QB pool coming out of college. This years draft has to many project QB's and no plug and play type.
Then go after Trubisky.

1. Young
2. Coachable: see Buffalo
3. Great destination with a proven line and rb
4. Get creative with the contract, make it a win - win for both parties
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (03-12-2022)