ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-14-2017, 12:52 AM

Thanked 1,238 Times in 694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
That's a pretty categoric denial. The agent wouldn't have been so firm if their were any truth to these rumors.

Besides, no one is trading for that contract, imo, Andrew Luck or not.
And somewhere Daniel Snyders eye begins to twitch.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (09-14-2017), Racehorse (09-15-2017), rcubed (09-14-2017), sherck (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 07:26 AM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
That's a pretty categoric denial. The agent wouldn't have been so firm if their were any truth to these rumors.

Besides, no one is trading for that contract, imo, Andrew Luck or not.
Venturi does not agree, he said if Luck is in fact healthy (and I believe he thinks he is just by listening to some of his cryptic statements...), there would be a ton of teams coming forward looking to deal - his statement- this guy just doesn't come around every year or every other year in the draft, he just doesn't, he doesn't come along every 5 years. People have seen what he can do to NFL defenses- and in his view already just one game into this crappy season there's no greater evidence of how massive his impact alone can be on a team. His view, and I think we have evidence of it- Andrew Luck by combination of talent and will puts a bad team in playoff contention, Andrew Luck on just a good team- a SB contender without question. And, and, and though this did not come from Rick, I heard another person on NFL Radio last night make a brilliant point and it was intended as a KNOCK on Pags inability to develop players but it bleeds over to Luck's impact on the team. His view was TY Hilton is JAG without Andrew Luck, he's one of the best receivers in the NFL with him.

As for suitors look inside our division- where are Houston or Jax with Andrew Luck under center? I know this makes all of our skin crawl, how unstoppable are the Broncos with Luck instead of Simien- and look at that division, you don't think they know to compete regardless of how good that D is they need a horse at QB? How fast does Miami jump over NE with Luck not Cutler?

Me, I am starting to kinda feel like maybe we should just gut it entirely it is such a catastrophe right now. Get a bonanza of picks for him, ship off the last few aged players remaining, go full youth movement the rest of this year and get a top 3 pick. Bring Harbaugh in, bring Peyton in as President (if for nothing else but to have someone who can actually freaking articulate and relate in front of the cameras), actually focus on playing defense for the first time in 20 years and see if we can't be ready to challenge for SB in 4 years...

I hate typing that but at this point it just feels like maybe this window has closed here and maybe sadly, that's the reality Luck sees as well and is reacting to.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Venturi does not agree, he said if Luck is in fact healthy (and I believe he thinks he is just by listening to some of his cryptic statements...), there would be a ton of teams coming forward looking to deal - his statement- this guy just doesn't come around every year or every other year in the draft, he just doesn't, he doesn't come along every 5 years. People have seen what he can do to NFL defenses- and in his view already just one game into this crappy season there's no greater evidence of how massive his impact alone can be on a team. His view, and I think we have evidence of it- Andrew Luck by combination of talent and will puts a bad team in playoff contention, Andrew Luck on just a good team- a SB contender without question. And, and, and though this did not come from Rick, I heard another person on NFL Radio last night make a brilliant point and it was intended as a KNOCK on Pags inability to develop players but it bleeds over to Luck's impact on the team. His view was TY Hilton is JAG without Andrew Luck, he's one of the best receivers in the NFL with him.

As for suitors look inside our division- where are Houston or Jax with Andrew Luck under center? I know this makes all of our skin crawl, how unstoppable are the Broncos with Luck instead of Simien- and look at that division, you don't think they know to compete regardless of how good that D is they need a horse at QB? How fast does Miami jump over NE with Luck not Cutler?

Me, I am starting to kinda feel like maybe we should just gut it entirely it is such a catastrophe right now. Get a bonanza of picks for him, ship off the last few aged players remaining, go full youth movement the rest of this year and get a top 3 pick. Bring Harbaugh in, bring Peyton in as President (if for nothing else but to have someone who can actually freaking articulate and relate in front of the cameras), actually focus on playing defense for the first time in 20 years and see if we can't be ready to challenge for SB in 4 years...

I hate typing that but at this point it just feels like maybe this window has closed here and maybe sadly, that's the reality Luck sees as well and is reacting to.
Good God I hope that NEVER HAPPENS !! I just can't imagine going back to the pre Manning years, searching every year for just a competent QB, guys like George, Pagel, Trudeau just to name a few. If that scenario did play out, I've lost ALL confidence that Irsay has the mental capacity to get that job done. They would be out of Indy within a few years!!
Old 09-14-2017, 10:40 AM

Lol so in an attempt to get some cover this morning for his reckless rumor mongering yesterday, Greany had Adam Shefter on for a segment this morning. Greany used the entire segment on other NFL news until they were just about out of time when he asked Shefty to quickly comment on the rumors of discontent that are "commonly known" in NFL circles.....before Greany could even get the words fully out of his mouth, Shefty who is the ultimate NFL insider exclaims: Yeah, where'd That come from! It was priceless as Greany quickly turned that into a very quick discussion of when Andrew would be back on the field. Too funny 😂
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Spike (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Lol so in an attempt to get some cover this morning for his reckless rumor mongering yesterday, Greany had Adam Shefter on for a segment this morning. Greany used the entire segment on other NFL news until they were just about out of time when he asked Shefty to quickly comment on the rumors of discontent that are "commonly known" in NFL circles.....before Greany could even get the words fully out of his mouth, Shefty who is the ultimate NFL insider exclaims: Yeah, where'd That come from! It was priceless as Greany quickly turned that into a very quick discussion of when Andrew would be back on the field. Too funny 😂
I don't watch Mike & Mike at all anymore, but I did tune in today to see what that punk ass Greeny had to say. What a waste of time, no accountability from that bitch. Fake News!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I don't watch Mike & Mike at all anymore, but I did tune in today to see what that punk ass Greeny had to say. What a waste of time, no accountability from that bitch. Fake News!!!!!!

In my defense.....I started a business this year and I'm now working from my home and it's just too damn quiet so I have The Fan running on my iPhone from about 8-4 most days except when I have appointments. It's really more just background noise but the local shows (dakitch, JMV) keep me abreast of Indy sports news since I'm otherwise inundated with all news east coast as I live in Jersey but my heart and most of my family are still in Indy.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:33 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Who knows? Just thinking Harbaugh is getting him ready for the job if he eventually leaves.

I think Pagano may have lost this team & the longer he is here the deeper in the ditch they will get. Harbaugh probably isn't leaving but Pagano has to go & go fast.
Why would Harbaugh leave a cush job where he is happy, the fans love him, and can easily compete year in and year out to come to this shit show in Indy? Makes no sense that he would want to put himself in a worse situation when he can be successful for however long he wants until he retires.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Brylok (09-14-2017), njcoltfan (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Why would Harbaugh leave a cush job where he is happy, the fans love him, and can easily compete year in and year out to come to this shit show in Indy? Makes no sense that he would want to put himself in a worse situation when he can be successful for however long he wants until he retires.
Exactly. He's also making $9 million this year. Zero chance he'd come to the Colts.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:09 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
I am not saying he will come here. But some people like that kind of challenge. It's basically what he did in SF. He turned a shit show franchise into a SB contender, fast, without a franchise QB and with arguably the worst owner in the league. If he stays I think it'll be because he loves being the HC of
the school he graduated from, not because it's easy.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:22 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I am not saying he will come here. But some people like that kind of challenge. It's basically what he did in SF. He turned a shit show franchise into a SB contender, fast, without a franchise QB and with arguably the worst owner in the league. If he stays I think it'll be because he loves being the HC of
the school he graduated from, not because it's easy.
I would think he stays in MI. Seems like he has the run of the place, turned the program around, makes bank etc. Plus since he tends to wear on people it seems like college is best suited for him since he only gets the players for a few years and constantly gets a new crop coming in.

Ego would be the only reason I think he would come here (and if Luck is the QB)