ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2023, 11:34 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I think we all know now who we absolutely want the Colts draft!!!
The more Dam hates it, the more I’m convinced it’s actually a good idea.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-22-2023), Lov2fish (03-22-2023), omahacolt (03-22-2023), Racehorse (03-23-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 12:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Carolina is probably picking Stroud. But rumors are that some of the panthers top people are enamored with Richardson’s potential. I don’t see Stroud going to Houston. I think there is bad blood there since he has the same agent as Watson.
Richardson Young would be the best possible 1-2 sequence for the Colts if they don't trade up to 1. If they are stuck at 4, Stroud is gone, and they insist on taking a QB, at least Richardson has a long term, Mahomes type development path that could work out. Levis is a project on the same level as Richardson, both should sit for at least a year and have their mechanics rebuilt, but teams are going to feel pressured to put them on the field. I don't like Levis's mechanical flaw, either, and they failed to fix it with Wentz. I know that was a different coaching staff, but I don't care if Levis has more talent than any QB in NFL history, if he doesn't learn to throw right, he won't be successful in the NFL.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:15 PM

Thanked 1,123 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Richardson Young would be the best possible 1-2 sequence for the Colts if they don't trade up to 1. If they are stuck at 4, Stroud is gone, and they insist on taking a QB, at least Richardson has a long term, Mahomes type development path that could work out. Levis is a project on the same level as Richardson, both should sit for at least a year and have their mechanics rebuilt, but teams are going to feel pressured to put them on the field. I don't like Levis's mechanical flaw, either, and they failed to fix it with Wentz. I know that was a different coaching staff, but I don't care if Levis has more talent than any QB in NFL history, if he doesn't learn to throw right, he won't be successful in the NFL.
Ballard isn’t trading up to 1 & I highly doubt he even trades up to 3. So if he takes a qb it will be either Richardson or Levis.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
Brylok (03-22-2023), Ironshaft (03-23-2023), Oldcolt (03-22-2023), YDFL Commish (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Ballard isn’t trading up to 1 & I highly doubt he even trades up to 3. So if he takes a qb it will be either Richardson or Levis.
What happened to "we'll do whatever it takes to get our guy"? I guess Carolina happened, Teppers balls were/are bigger than Ballards !!
Old 03-22-2023, 03:51 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
What happened to "we'll do whatever it takes to get our guy"? I guess Carolina happened, Teppers balls were/are bigger than Ballards !!
They don’t really like any of them so they’re just gonna settle
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Brylok (03-22-2023), Ironshaft (03-23-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 04:14 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
They don’t really like any of them so they’re just gonna settle
Sounds like me, but I'm just a fan.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:34 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Colts have zero chance of moving up to 1 or 2.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

Neither Carolina or Houston is trading back with a team they know is taking a quarterback.

That makes zero sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 05:16 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

I like that mock draft personally!
Old 03-22-2023, 06:34 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

I will say while JMV is very plugged in I recall him saying numerous times he heard there was “ZERO chance” colts were signing Phillip Rivers so he’s been off

I think they don’t even know what they wanna do. As far as I’m concerned Richardson just fits as a Colt to me. Levi’s and Richardson are both raw Levi’s seems more like the safe all American pick and he’s a little older but Richardsons speed makes the difference for me. He’s younger but who cares watching his highlights a lot of Floridas plays look just like the Eagles last season. So the thought of a bigger faster Hurts I’d definitely rather risk it going for Richardson
Old 03-22-2023, 06:58 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I don't understand why you would want a decade plus of second to fourth place finishes either way. Bryce Young's size is at least a limitation to his growth potential, and while I wouldn't/hopefully won't be happy with him as the Texans starter, that's nowhere near as bad as the Texans getting CJ Stroud. As for the Colts, the best thing that can come of a Will Levis draft pick in my opinion is a high likelihood of being close enough to the #1 pick in the 2024 draft that if Caleb Williams and Drake Maye pan out as advertised, the Colts would have a shot at one of them. The problem with that is that the front office might be too stubborn at that point, decide to stick with Levis, and we're looking at another decade plus of futility while the Texans build something similar to the 2000s Colts.
Ok, so you'll only really lose interest in the Colts if Stroud ends up in Houston, not Young?

What about from our end? Does it have to be Levis, or will you lose interest as well if they get Stroud and we draft Richardson?