ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-14-2022, 07:53 PM

Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Even though I thanked your post, I agree with the Ehlinger analysis. I don't think that Irsay forced Reich to start Ehlinger. But I do think that he asked Reich his answer to fix this shit and maybe offered a few scenarios to consider. Guess what Frank chose the wrong one.

But I in know way agree with the Ballard comments. Ballard isn't perfect, but I could argue that he's not a lot different than Polian in his early Colts tenure.

Unless there is a home run candidate out there to replace Ballard, he's going nowhere.
To add, Irsay would not have fired Frank if he did not think the team was talented enough to win a lot of games, especially the ones we lost. I think Irsay knows Ballard can get the tools for a coach to be successful, but that Frank was not the right guy to get the most out of a team. After all, we had so many slow starts to games and to seasons for him to be able to get it right.
ChoppedWood (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 07:57 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Even though I thanked your post, I agree with the Ehlinger analysis. I don't think that Irsay forced Reich to start Ehlinger. But I do think that he asked Reich his answer to fix this shit and maybe offered a few scenarios to consider. Guess what Frank chose the wrong one.

But I in know way agree with the Ballard comments. Ballard isn't perfect, but I could argue that he's not a lot different than Polian in his early Colts tenure.

Unless there is a home run candidate out there to replace Ballard, he's going nowhere.
I don't know. I didn't see it but on JMV they were saying the post game locker room footage showed Jim giving the ball away and he had to double up on Ballard coming up to be part of it. I don't think the two can work after this.

Just listened to Saturday on the Round Table- man it was so refreshing. Went on with a bunch of "man" and "bro" and talked about how incredibly important to him everything about this franchise is. Going down the list talking about the administrative folks, the training room, just impressed on the listeners his need to prop this org up out of the love that it has always shown him---- SO GREAT TO HEAR! One way or another he is a big part of this organization going forward and I don't think Ballard is going to be able to deal with that.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:13 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
That’s dumb. Ya Sin is useless. He’ll either give up the play or commit a penalty every time.

Yannick hasn’t been great this year but he’s still way better than Ya Sin.
Rock really turned the corner last year and was our best CB. He'd certainly be much better than Facyson. Whether we'd be better with off Rock than Ngakoue who knows since we'd be even thinner at pass rush w/out Ngakoue despite that he's been disappointing.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:37 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
My theory, and I get that my disdain for him leads me to these type of hypothesis but.... My take- he watched the crap fest that was the offense against the titans the week prior. Meets with Frank and Ballard. He's frustrated as hell, demands they change things up (not calling for Ehlinger, just telling them to get things fixed offensively). Frank does Frank stuff and starts blaming it all on Ryan- basically repeating his mantra that Matt Wentz is really the problem. Jim seizes on the opportunity to corner his ass and says "okay, then from here on, Sam starts".

Frank sits there and has that welp look and has liquid poop seeping out of his rectum while Ballard does the "hey sorry, I gotta take this call" and walks out while Frank sits there by his lonesome realizing he just signed his death certificate.

Jim sees exactly what he expected with the Commanders, sees it even worse with the Pats and says "Hey Chris, that guy is a fraud, the problem with the team is him... and hey you remember that fake phone call, yeah you are fucked too, better make sure you're making real calls because in a few weeks you are out too. I am bringing in one of my own and ridding myself of all this bullshit you two have been peddling".

I don't think there's any chance in hell Ballard is brought back- not after the report that him and Ward were opposed to Saturday. Fuck them both. Saturday for GM, Manning as Pres, get a top of the line coach, and let's do this shit!
Needs more dragons or robots or murder mystery.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 08:42 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Needs more dragons or robots or murder mystery.
If Frank had not been relieved, I may have had the murderer role in this horror show!
Old 11-14-2022, 09:17 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:

Bullshit. The decision to go to Sam was 100 percent Jim’s. Hell, the players wanted no part of it and they said so. There’s no way Frank made that call. No way. There were coaches talking anonymously to the local media guys who literally said as much.

Frank wanted to win to save his ass and there’s no way he thought Sam gave them a better chance to win. Zero chance.

My guess is Saturday took the job on the condition that he got to make the call on who plays quarterback.

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 11-14-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:45 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
That’s dumb. Ya Sin is useless. He’ll either give up the play or commit a penalty every time.

Yannick hasn’t been great this year but he’s still way better than Ya Sin.
hyperbole aside

no he isn't
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 10:50 PM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

I’m just happy to see all the talking heads eating their shit sandwich today and Pat McAfee ready to feed it to em.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (11-15-2022), ChoppedWood (11-14-2022), CletusPyle (11-15-2022), Luck4Reich (11-14-2022), Racehorse (11-15-2022), YDFL Commish (11-15-2022)