ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-11-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
If we don't get a haul then don't trade him, but why not float it out there to see if we can?
I would hope that Ballard is looking at every option right now because indeed he is between a Rock (ironically he needs to make a decision on Rock too) and a hard place.

I think Kelly would also be an obvious choice to try and move, but I don't think the haul for an aging, oft injured (albeit talented) center would be enough to make it happen.
I still think we get a 1st round pick (later half of the first round) and maybe another pick or a player if a team wants Nelson. I would hope we then use that first round pick, trade it, and load up our arsenal for the 2023 draft where they may be a first round QB we like and our first that year is better after Wentz flames out and we let him walk.
If we know we are stuck with Wentz for another year, and there is nobody better available until the draft that can be obtained for cheap...then load up for the year after and try to keep the roster young.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Great discussion by all. Here are my thoughts on some of the things discussed:

Ballard and Reich aren't going anywhere and we're stuck with Wentz for at least 1 more year - Unfortunately that's what will probably happen. Hopefully that shit show yesterday will drive us to improve the backup QB situation and put some heat on Ballard and Reich to where they know if their team pulls this shit again then they're gone.

Trading Big Q - Actually not a bad idea if we could get a haul for him and be able to draft Kenny Pickett or an elite pass rusher along with multiple other picks. Probably wouldn't happen, but it's a good idea. After all yesterday proved that having an elite LG doesn't mean shit if your QB sucks ass.

Moving Big Q to LT - Also a good idea. We'll be paying Q like he's an elite LT, so why not see if he can make the move over there. Especially if Wentz is still around next year since it will be pretty much a throw away year.
Every year since Luck "retired" has been a throw away year !! Its time Irsay stopped buying dead rock stars guitars for millions, and started worrying about the direction the Colts are headed in !!
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 06:35 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote from irsay:

“One thing that’s clear is changes need to be made,’’ Irsay told Fox59 on Monday evening. “And they will be made. We also realize we have to do it cautiously and with a thorough evaluation and full discussion in a calm environment. It’s not an emotional thing at all. It’s about evaluating the whole program and clearly changes need to be made.’’

Assistant Coaches?
Wentz?
FA philosophy?
Team building philosophy?
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 06:58 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post
We did to Peyton Manning, who was more beloved by the fans and more respected in any lock room he stepped foot in.
More so than Q will ever be.
Manning was moved for a guy (Luck) who hadn't proven jack at the pro level either.

Sometimes you need to make hard decisions for the better of the overall team. That is my point. You're right, not as simple as I make it seems, but business decisions often aren't.
Manning told the Colts to do it. It was the smart move. At that point they weren’t even sure he would play again. It was all optimism at best.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (01-26-2022), Racehorse (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 07:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
If we don't get a haul then don't trade him, but why not float it out there to see if we can?
He’s john hannah. You dont trade a guy who could be a HOF er, you build AROUND them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
bertjones (01-12-2022), Oldcolt (01-11-2022), Racehorse (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 07:03 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Quote from irsay:

“One thing that’s clear is changes need to be made,’’ Irsay told Fox59 on Monday evening. “And they will be made. We also realize we have to do it cautiously and with a thorough evaluation and full discussion in a calm environment. It’s not an emotional thing at all. It’s about evaluating the whole program and clearly changes need to be made.’’

Assistant Coaches?
Wentz?
FA philosophy?
I’m getting tired of the ten year build. We are going into this off-season with the same issues of last off season. I think building through the draft is the right way. But if you only do it, including busts, by the time you fill all your holes, your good picks at the beginning of the process will be in the twilight of their careers.

Eberflus’ maddening decisions in coverage theory.

I know options are limited next year concerning QB. And it is a bad QB draft. But going into another year with Wentz seems like another year of just embracing mediocrity.

https://www.1075thefan.com/kevins-sp...ines-for-2022/

Last edited by Chromeburn; 01-11-2022 at 07:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (01-12-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 07:30 PM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

This is the change I want to see. His ideas don't work. He has not used a blitz when needed, except for a few times. Lawrence was as good a candidate for a blitz or two early on, and they were not even an option. Good riddance, if he goes.

And this is not just a knee jerk. I have been his biggest critic for some time.
Chromeburn (01-11-2022), CletusPyle (01-11-2022), rcubed (01-11-2022), Spike (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 07:34 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This is the change I want to see. His ideas don't work. He has not used a blitz when needed, except for a few times. Lawrence was as good a candidate for a blitz or two early on, and they were not even an option. Good riddance, if he goes.

And this is not just a knee jerk. I have been his biggest critic for some time.
Jags were playing an effective zone in the last game blanketing routes with a defender near every receiver. Their dline was beating one-on-one matchups. I just don't know why we can't do the same?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (01-11-2022), Racehorse (01-11-2022), rcubed (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 07:54 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I’m getting tired of the ten year build. We are going into this off-season with the same issues of last off season. I think building through the draft is the right way. But if you only do it, including busts, by the time you fill all your holes, your good picks at the beginning of the process will be in the twilight of their careers.

I know options are limited next year concerning QB. And it is a bad QB draft. But going into another year with Wentz seems like another year of just embracing mediocrity.

https://www.1075thefan.com/kevins-sp...ines-for-2022/
agree. we built a good core now take some leaps so we can compete.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:16 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Quote from irsay:

Assistant Coaches?
Wentz?
FA philosophy?
The fact that Reich wouldn’t commit to Wentz going forward tells me that they’re gonna be looking for yet another quarterback for next season. I’m guessing that was a big part of the meeting between Irsay, Ballard, and Reich Sunday evening.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-12-2022), Oldcolt (01-12-2022), Racehorse (01-11-2022)