ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I never said or implied that McDaniels would be a better coach and I never said or implied that I want Reich fired. You’re doing a fine job countering arguments that I’m not making.

I think Reich is capable of being a really good coach, he’s shown that the past 3 years. I think he’ll eventually get this figured out.

But if you don’t think he’s been a major problem this season, you’re in denial.
I was also responding to your sarcasm about an argument I’ve never made and I’m not sure anyone here has made - that Ballard is the reason Reich called the plays he did. I think some of the criticism is valid and some is over blown. However you can look at the several threads trashing Reich to see him being trashed for the GM decisions he doesn’t make to blaming Eberflus on him and not Ballard. That’s where I’ve primarily called BS and pointed out how Teflon Ballard has been.

Injuries, pass rush, QB play (Wentz mistakes, no viable backup, antvax issue), and then probably a tie between initial OL depth and play calling. Those are my biggest issues on the season.

I don’t have all 22 but my memory from being at the game was Tenn was playing the run and giving the pass. The Colts passing game left several plays on the field that were there. I also remember a few successful RPOs that were passes. In both cases taking what the defense gives you. I remember 3 running plays resulting in holding calls - putting the team in holes and common passing situations. But yes I still agree they could have ran a little more. In particular on 3rd down at the 38 leading 14-0. Going for it on 4th was the right call but 3rd down should have been a run if he knew he was going for it. 4th likely should have been too. The TE screen was a bad call. I liked passing - Tenn was geared for run but it should have been a roll out for Wentz with an option to throw it, throw it away, or run it. I have no problem with the OT play call. Wentz made stupid fucking decision and had multiple others opened - including Taylor in the open field.