PDA

View Full Version : Politics

JAFF
03-12-2020, 04:55 PM
If you listen to the WHO, you would think we are going to become a teenage wasteland.

IF this government had listened to the WHO we wouldn't be looking at the present situation. Political well wishes don't work on viruses.

Racehorse
03-12-2020, 06:25 PM
IF this government had listened to the WHO we wouldn't be looking at the present situation. Political well wishes don't work on viruses.

Post>>>>>>>>>>>>
your head

Racehorse
03-12-2020, 06:27 PM
I can tell you that is not true. This virus has killed healthy people. Right now Riley has several kids in their isolation ward. Kids with health issues, asthma, they are at risk.

This post also >>>>>
your head

Brylok
03-12-2020, 08:22 PM
This post also >>>>>
your head

It could be worse. He could think the whole thing is an eminence front.

Colts And Orioles
04-02-2020, 03:40 PM
o

Patriots Do What Federal Government Can’t: Deliver 1.2 Million N95 Masks from China

(By Dennis Young)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-robert-kraft-patriots-plane-china-masks-20200402-745whnpznvdtrhkalw2euaku54-story.html

https://static-17.sinclairstoryline.com/resources/media/ae8eb458-d052-4088-8af0-4e9e4d6edcd6-smallScale_patschina.jpg?1585826978703

o

Chromeburn
04-02-2020, 06:00 PM
o

Patriots Do What Federal Government Can’t: Deliver 1.2 Million N95 Masks from China

(By Dennis Young)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-robert-kraft-patriots-plane-china-masks-20200402-745whnpznvdtrhkalw2euaku54-story.html

https://static-17.sinclairstoryline.com/resources/media/ae8eb458-d052-4088-8af0-4e9e4d6edcd6-smallScale_patschina.jpg?1585826978703

o

Well that’s embarrassing, but glad they did it. Must have cheated the system somehow.

apballin
04-03-2020, 01:05 AM
Well that’s embarrassing, but glad they did it. Must have cheated the system somehow.

Ofcourse he brought some girls back with it for handjobs

Colts And Orioles
04-03-2020, 12:38 PM
Of course, he brought some girls back with it for hand-jobs.

o

Good point. ) :cool:

I'm not particularly impressed with career criminal and lowlife Al Capone having opened soup kitchens during the depression.

o

1965southpaw
04-03-2020, 08:23 PM
Ofcourse he brought some girls back with it for handjobs

One might say he greased some palms..............:p

JAFF
04-04-2020, 08:05 AM
One might say he greased some palms..............:p

rimshot lol

Spike
04-04-2020, 12:53 PM
o

(By Dennis Young)

o

Most of those masks from China are garbage. Like most crap made in China.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/coronavirus-netherlands-recalls-defective-masks-imported-from-china

Colts And Orioles
04-05-2020, 06:50 AM
What did Kraft do that the federal government didn't do? Buy a bunch of fucked up masks. Do some fucking research C&O. Can't trust China to do anything worth a damn. They are the ones who started all this shit. Fuck them and the Patriots.

o

You can do the research yourself if you want to know any additional information regarding what I posted, Spike ...... but since you asked, the governor of Massachusetts said that his initial order of 3 million masks was confiscated at the port of New York, so he ordered an additional 1.2 million of them and asked Robert Kraft for help in paying for half of them and for transporting them.

The masks may or may or may not be crap, but he was assured that they would at least get to their state.

https://www.wwlp.com/news/massachusetts/3-million-masks-ordered-by-massachusetts-seized-at-port-of-ny-in-march/

Regarding my overall feelings on this issue, Kraft is a lowlife (and very possibly a criminal), and I am not impressed when pricks like he and Al Capone do something charitable to help some people in their time of need while conducting the rest of their lives in a criminal manner (ESPECIALLY Capone) ...... perhaps I should have put that in my original post, and for that I am sorry.

o

IndyNorm
04-05-2020, 09:17 AM
What did Kraft do that the federal government didn't do? Buy a bunch of fucked up masks. Do some fucking research C&O. Can't trust China to do anything worth a damn. They are the ones who started all this shit. Fuck them and the Patriots.

About the only thing we should despise more than the Cheats right now is the Chinese authoritarian government.

Butter
04-05-2020, 11:23 PM
About the only thing we should despise more than the Cheats right now is the Chinese authoritarian government.

And Trump who is compounding our issues. Worst leader ever.

Discflinger
04-06-2020, 12:35 PM
Leader only in name.

Racehorse
04-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Here we go again, going off into politics on a football thread.

Colt Classic
04-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Leader only in name.

Apparently, he led the electoral college's vote or else we'd be prattling on about a different set of ways the country has been fucked over since January, 2017.

Luck4Reich
04-06-2020, 09:38 PM

Adolf Hitler says hello:cool:

Brylok
04-06-2020, 11:57 PM
Worst SECNAV ever as well. Thomas Modly. As a former sailor, that dude needs to resign ASAP. Absolutely disgusting what he said about the captain of the Theodore Roosevelt. Nobody gets to the position of commanding officer of an aircraft carrier by being naive or stupid. It's a good thing he didn't say that garbage while aboard the TR. Dude might not have made it off the ship. He wouldn't have made it off of mine. "Worst" and "Trump" seem to go hand in hand.

IndyNorm
04-07-2020, 12:08 AM

You'll get no argument from me. I do, however, hope that all of the bickering about Trump doesn't make people lose sight over how hard China fucked the world (including their own citizens) by covering this up, which included lying to the WHO that this wasn't contagious between humans. Because of the cover up no one outside of the Chinese government knew how really bad this was until shit started hitting the fan in Europe, and by then it was too late to contain it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. My apologies for bringing politics into the sports discussion, lol.

Ironshaft
04-07-2020, 09:08 AM
You'll get no argument from me. I do, however, hope that all of the bickering about Trump doesn't make people lose sight over how hard China fucked the world (including their own citizens) by covering this up, which included lying to the WHO that this wasn't contagious between humans. Because of the cover up no one outside of the Chinese government knew how really bad this was until shit started hitting the fan in Europe, and by then it was too late to contain it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. My apologies for bringing politics into the sports discussion, lol.
Not a soapbox. Cold, hard truth.

Authoritative governments control the media to ensure that only their message gets out. There is no concept in China about the government working for their people's best interest; there is only that a government works towards its own best interest.

China is truly the bad guy in this scenario. Regardless of what you think of the current U.S. administration, don't lose sight of the basic fact that China's government is the complete opposite of a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."

IndyNorm
04-07-2020, 10:43 AM

Authoritative governments control the media to ensure that only their message gets out. There is no concept in China about the government working for their people's best interest; there is only that a government works towards its own best interest.

China is truly the bad guy in this scenario. Regardless of what you think of the current U.S. administration, don't lose sight of the basic fact that China's government is the complete opposite of a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

JAFF
04-07-2020, 01:51 PM

He would kill his own mother just so that he could use her skin to make a drum to beat his own praises.

rm1369
04-07-2020, 02:15 PM

Absolutely agree, however to me the more important thing to not lose sight of is that Trump aspires to the same level of message control. It’s the reason he attacks and attempts to deligitimize any person or institution that disagrees with him. He can’t forbid it like China can so he undermines it. The methods are different, but the goals are the same. Just look at the HHS report on hospitals. He can’t make it go away but he’ll make a large portion of the population disregard it without even considering it.

Brylok
04-07-2020, 03:52 PM
And now, apparently, Modly has resigned. Good. Once again it appears that kissing Trump's ass rarely works out well for anyone except Trump.

Chromeburn
04-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Worst SECNAV ever as well. Thomas Modly. As a former sailor, that dude needs to resign ASAP. Absolutely disgusting what he said about the captain of the Theodore Roosevelt. Nobody gets to the position of commanding officer of an aircraft carrier by being naive or stupid. It's a good thing he didn't say that garbage while aboard the TR. Dude might not have made it off the ship. He wouldn't have made it off of mine. "Worst" and "Trump" seem to go hand in hand.

That whole situation was bullshit. I hope when all this is over there is a review of what they did.

Chromeburn
04-07-2020, 04:13 PM

Joe Stalin says hold my vodka.

Chromeburn
04-07-2020, 04:18 PM

China didn't even want to let it out, and didn't want to react to it. The doctor who discovered it was the whistleblower and leaked it. He supposedly died from covid. But if he hadn't, I wonder how much worse it could have been, could have completely blindsided the world. We were still unprepared, but imagine if we just woke up to it while NY hospitals were overflowing.

Chromeburn
04-07-2020, 04:20 PM
And now, apparently, Modly has resigned. Good. Once again it appears that kissing Trump's ass rarely works out well for anyone except Trump.

Everyone around him is a sycophant. I'm sure he is dying to fire Fauci, but he needs him right now.

Dam8610
04-07-2020, 06:28 PM

And fascist governments have the media controlled by their corporate overlords. I use fascist as defined by Benito Mussolini there. By his definition, it's hard to argue against the country being a fascist oligarchy at present.

JAFF
04-07-2020, 08:05 PM
The strength of this nation has been our ability to tell those we elect what we think. To question the governments actions and hold them accountable. Im not sure if that will happen here

Butter
04-07-2020, 10:47 PM

I said leader, not evil motherfucker. Trump has shit leadership skills for a US president, he says one thing does another and then says something else entirely on twitter, that leads to confusion and distrust.

Brylok
04-08-2020, 12:02 AM
And fascist governments have the media controlled by their corporate overlords. I use fascist as defined by Benito Mussolini there. By his definition, it's hard to argue against the country being a fascist oligarchy at present.

That's where we're pretty much at. The GOP/Trump's goal is a gangster style oligarchy government like Russia has, and we're almost there. When it happens, his supporters, particularly the poor ones, will wonder why they've been left out of the spoils/graft. What the hell happened?! How come I'm still poor?! And then they'll blame the Democrats/liberals.
Unless there's a massive change, this country is doomed.

Ironshaft
04-08-2020, 10:48 AM
The Trump Deranged Syndrome is strong on this board.

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan and even he had his own pet projects. He was not a fiscal conservative in any way shape or form and set up what is now the incredibly short sighted deficit spending "norm" for our nation.

His strategy did win the Cold War and restart an economic boom that lifted everyone's boat and I give him a ton of credit for that but our nation and political system no longer offers up politicians at the national level that are not wholly owned by someone else they need to re-pay once in office.

Biden will be better? Hahahahahaha. Bernie? Hillary or Cuomo if they decide to remove Biden because of his obvious mental issues?

Not a one of them are "for the people." They are all in it for themselves and "their" group of folks.

Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.

I am not a fan of Trump's at all but to say he has the "worst" leadership ever or is worse than other President's in making a buck means you have just not studied U.S. history very much. Look at the Grant administration. Look at the Carter term; there are two examples of President's who were much worse that Trump in just about any metric you want to measure with.

My two cents.

Chromeburn
04-08-2020, 11:14 AM
That's where we're pretty much at. The GOP/Trump's goal is a gangster style oligarchy government like Russia has, and we're almost there. When it happens, his supporters, particularly the poor ones, will wonder why they've been left out of the spoils/graft. What the hell happened?! How come I'm still poor?! And then they'll blame the Democrats/liberals.
Unless there's a massive change, this country is doomed.

When he got elected he constantly asked when he could meet Putin. All the time "when do I get to meet Putin". He idolizes the guy.

I have a college buddy who works in DC, he is head of a legal staff for a long time senator and the GOP. The stories he tells me are nuts. They can't stand the guy but the party loves him so they go along. Everyone complains about the deep state, but the deep state are the ones shielding or tempering us from his illogical decisions. Half the time he is simply motivated to stay in the headlines. As long as he is in the headlines he thinks he will win re-election. He is a complete narcissist and has zero empathy. Its all a con and tells people what they want to hear so he can get what he wants.

Racehorse
04-08-2020, 11:36 AM

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan and even he had his own pet projects. He was not a fiscal conservative in any way shape or form and set up what is now the incredibly short sighted deficit spending "norm" for our nation.

His strategy did win the Cold War and restart an economic boom that lifted everyone's boat and I give him a ton of credit for that but our nation and political system no longer offers up politicians at the national level that are not wholly owned by someone else they need to re-pay once in office.

Biden will be better? Hahahahahaha. Bernie? Hillary or Cuomo if they decide to remove Biden because of his obvious mental issues?

Not a one of them are "for the people." They are all in it for themselves and "their" group of folks.

Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.

I am not a fan of Trump's at all but to say he has the "worst" leadership ever or is worse than other President's in making a buck means you have just not studied U.S. history very much. Look at the Grant administration. Look at the Carter term; there are two examples of President's who were much worse that Trump in just about any metric you want to measure with.

My two cents.
Prepare to be attacked by people who think the guy in the White House is the most important part of their lives. It is sad that they can hate him so much, but thought it was wrong of anyone to question Obama in any way. News flash: the President does not make you life better or worse; you do!

rm1369
04-08-2020, 12:08 PM

Ahh, the old everyone is corrupt, so my guy isn’t that bad argument. One of conservatives current favorites. I could list all the ways Trump is more corrupt and more dangerous but we both know it wouldn’t matter. If you can’t see the level of Trumps corruption and the frequency of his out right lies then there isn’t much that can be said. You’ve decided to put politics above principles- if you even have any.

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan....

Maybe....unless you were black, gay, or had a mental illness.

Ahh, Trump the outsider, another favorite. He’s definitely doing your bidding. Some brand of conservatives see government as naturally corrupt and ineffective, so they elect people who help prove them right. Congrats, you got a fucking winner this time!

Oh yeah judges! The holy grail! They are doing a great job defending the constitution- man that was awesome what they’ve done with the Wisconsin primary! About fucking time someone made it so difficult to vote during a pandemic and with only 5 of 180 polling stations open in Milwaukee! What an absolutely win for Americans! Constitution defended! I’m seriously amazed at how often defending the constitution helps suppress voter turnout or voter disenfranchisement, harms POC, or other minority groups.

Man, I really am amazed at people in this country. I understand having different views on how to accomplish things. But I don’t understand electing an ignorant con man as POTUS. I don’t understand putting politics above principles. I respect conservatives, but I have zero respect for Trump supporters - and I many in my family. I simply can’t respect willful ignorance. And I can’t respect someone that decides getting their judges is worth the damage being done to this country’s institutions internationally and domestically. That’s my 2 cents.

rm1369
04-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Prepare to be attacked by people who think the guy in the White House is the most important part of their lives. It is sad that they can hate him so much, but thought it was wrong of anyone to question Obama in any way. News flash: the President does not make you life better or worse; you do!

My life has been fine under Trump, just as it had been under Obama. Some people believe in higher principles than just what affects them daily. But admittedly, that’s not a typical Trumpian view is it? I can see the danger and damage of Trump while my life is just fine. Kinda weird conservatives want it both ways - your life is on you, Trump isn’t effecting it. But he’s great because he’ll appoint judges that will rule in certain ways! Can’t have it both ways. Either government has an affect or it doesn’t. But if you don’t see the issues with having the leader of a country brag about his television ratings during a pandemic or mocks a disabled reporter then there isn’t much that can be said to you. Either you have values or you don’t.

omahacolt
04-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Ahh, the old everyone is corrupt, so my guy isn’t that bad argument. One of conservatives current favorites. I could list all the ways Trump is more corrupt and more dangerous but we both know it wouldn’t matter. If you can’t see the level of Trumps corruption and the frequency of his out right lies then there isn’t much that can be said. You’ve decided to put politics above principles- if you even have any.

Ahh, Trump the outsider, another favorite. He’s definitely doing your bidding. Some brand of conservatives see government as naturally corrupt and ineffective, so they elect people who help prove them right. Congrats, you got a fucking winner this time!

Oh yeah judges! The holy grail! They are doing a great job defending the constitution- man that was awesome what they’ve done with the Wisconsin primary! About fucking time someone made it so difficult to vote during a pandemic and with only 5 of 180 polling stations open in Milwaukee! What an absolutely win for Americans! Constitution defended! I’m seriously amazed at how often defending the constitution helps suppress voter turnout or voter disenfranchisement, harms POC, or other minority groups.

Man, I really am amazed at people in this country. I understand having different views on how to accomplish things. But I don’t understand electing an ignorant con man as POTUS. I don’t understand putting politics above principles. I respect conservatives, but I have zero respect for Trump supporters - and I many in my family. I simply can’t respect willful ignorance. And I can’t respect someone that decides getting their judges is worth the damage being done to this country’s institutions internationally and domestically. That’s my 2 cents.

Very well said. 100% true

omahacolt
04-08-2020, 02:54 PM

There is nothing sad about hating trump. It means you have a well adjusted moral compass.

I understand conservatives, liberals and libertarians. I don’t understand the love for trump. Unchecked political power in the hands of that mfer should not make anyone’s dick hard. No ethics, integrity as a man, and no morals.

Chaka
04-08-2020, 03:38 PM

Just logged in to say that you, sir, are a good dude

Racehorse
04-08-2020, 07:01 PM
My life has been fine under Trump, just as it had been under Obama. Some people believe in higher principles than just what affects them daily. But admittedly, that’s not a typical Trumpian view is it? I can see the danger and damage of Trump while my life is just fine. Kinda weird conservatives want it both ways - your life is on you, Trump isn’t effecting it. But he’s great because he’ll appoint judges that will rule in certain ways! Can’t have it both ways. Either government has an affect or it doesn’t. But if you don’t see the issues with having the leader of a country brag about his television ratings during a pandemic or mocks a disabled reporter then there isn’t much that can be said to you. Either you have values or you don’t.

All I see here are incoherent ramblings of stereotyping that you guys claim to be above.

Racehorse
04-08-2020, 07:02 PM
There is nothing sad about hating trump. It means you have a well adjusted moral compass.

I understand conservatives, liberals and libertarians. I don’t understand the love for trump. Unchecked political power in the hands of that mfer should not make anyone’s dick hard. No ethics, integrity as a man, and no morals.

I don't think he has ZERO morals, and I also do not worship the guy like so many on the right. Like I said before, your life is about what you do, not about who sits in the Oval Office.

rm1369
04-08-2020, 08:21 PM
All I see here are incoherent ramblings of stereotyping that you guys claim to be above.

Fair enough. I’ll help spell it out for you:

The President you support bragged about the television ratings of his press conferences during a pandemic that has shut down the economy, put hundreds of thousands out of work, and has already killed roughly 15K people - and the number is growing by the day. He bragged his ratings were better than the bachelor. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact. Is that coherent enough for you?

The President you support is on video at one of his campaign rallies mocking a disabled reporter. That is not a stereotype, that’s a fact. Is that coherent enough for you?

You claim Trump has no direct affect on our lives, ok that depends on a lot of factors, but let’s say it’s true. A lot of conservatives claim to dislike Trump, but support him because of judges. That’s specifically one of the things I was replying to in Iron Shaft’s comment - the same comment you responded too. My point is you can’t have it both ways. Either Trump has no effect on anything or the judges he nominates don’t matter. I’d say they do or conservatives wouldn’t care about them and use them as justification for Trump. Stereotype? Possibly, but it’s the exact justification Iron Shaft used, so pretty damn relevant. That coherent enough for you?

Now I did stereotype Trump supporters for on only caring about what effects THEIR daily life. But again that was in response to the exact comment you made justifying Trump - that he isn’t negatively affecting liberals lives so it isn’t a big deal. That coherent enough for you?

Let me add a few for you:

The man you support also is on tape saying he can grab women by the pussy because he’s a star. No stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support attacked a Hispanic judge because or his heritage. No stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support is currently barred from running a charity in NY because he misused funds from a veterans charity. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support ran a fake university that preyed upon people using his family name. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support attacked a former POW that was tortured for being captured. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support is known for not paying his debts and instead tying up people in court and settling for pennies on the dollar. There are tons of documented cases. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

I could go on and on, but I’m sure you know them all. You just disregard them for the exact reason you commented- they don’t personally affect your daily life. Now I think that says a whole lot about you. Am I stereotyping you? Yeah probably, but it’s a stereotype I’m 100% comfortable with.

And I’ll note you did exactly what most Trump supporters do. It’s hard to logically justify your support for such a POS without sounding like a POS yourself so you gloss over any factual points about his behavior. Better to call them incoherent ramblings than actually address anything said.

All of that coherent enough for you?

Racehorse
04-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Fair enough. I’ll help spell it out for you:

The President you support bragged about the television ratings of his press conferences during a pandemic that has shut down the economy, put hundreds of thousands out of work, and has already killed roughly 15K people - and the number is growing by the day. He bragged his ratings were better than the bachelor. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact. Is that coherent enough for you?

The President you support is on video at one of his campaign rallies mocking a disabled reporter. That is not a stereotype, that’s a fact. Is that coherent enough for you?

You claim Trump has no direct affect on our lives, ok that depends on a lot of factors, but let’s say it’s true. A lot of conservatives claim to dislike Trump, but support him because of judges. That’s specifically one of the things I was replying to in Iron Shaft’s comment - the same comment you responded too. My point is you can’t have it both ways. Either Trump has no effect on anything or he does. Either the judges he nominates has an affect on peoples lives or they don’t. I’d say they do or conservatives wouldn’t care about them and use them as justification for Trump. Stereotype? Possibly, but it’s the exact justification Iron Shaft used, so pretty damn relevant. That coherent enough for you?

Now I did stereotype type Trump supporters based on only caring about what effects THEIR daily life. But again that was in response to the exact comment you made justifying Trump - that he isn’t negatively affecting liberals lives so it isn’t a bid deal. That coherent enough for you?

I’ll add in that the man you support also is on tape saying he can grab women by the pussy because he’s a star. No stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support attacked a Hispanic judge because or his heritage. No stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support is currently barred from running a charity in NY because he misused funds from a veterans charity. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support ran a fake university that preyed upon people using his family name. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support attacked a former POW that was tortured for being captured. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support is known for not paying his debts and instead tying up people in court and settling for pennies on the dollar. There are tons of documented cases. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

I could go on and on. By I’m sure you know them all, you just regard them for the exact reason you commented- they don’t personally affect your daily life. Now I think that says a whole lot about you. Am I stereotyping you? Yeah probably, but it’s a stereotype I’m 100% comfortable with.

And I’ll note you did exactly what most Trump supporters do. It’s hard to logically justify your support for such a POS without sounding like a POS yourself so you gloss over any factual points about his behavior. Better to call them incoherent ramblings than actually address anything said.

All of that coherent enough for you?

Most of that has been debunked, but carry on. Like I said before, I am not here to discuss politics. I am here for football. Your points still do not counter that people are responsible for their own fate, not the POTUS.

rm1369
04-08-2020, 09:02 PM
Most of that has been debunked, but carry on. Like I said before, I am not here to discuss politics. I am here for football. Your points still do not counter that people are responsible for their own fate, not the POTUS.

Please tell me which of them have been debunked- I’d genuinely like to know. Not sure who disagreed with your statement. I’ve seen no one state otherwise. But again, if Trump doesn’t have an effect on anything why support him? Because he called Mexicans rapists? Because he was a reality TV star? I’d really like to know. You keep telling me why I shouldn’t care that my country is led by a lying con artist, but there has to be a reason to support him right? Please enlighten me.

JAFF
04-08-2020, 09:18 PM

Im tired of being attacked because I can think four myself

JAFF
04-08-2020, 09:35 PM

NO, that is completely false. Everything that was listed can be found in reliable news sites and honest sources.

Dont Lie for trump, he does enough lying for both of you

IndyNorm
04-08-2020, 09:47 PM
And you guys proved my point. I posted about how hard the Chinese government fucked the world and are by far the biggest bad guys in all of this, which is the absolute truth, and it quickly turned into people bitching at each other about Trump.

Anyway, here's a good summary on how China went about fucking over the world:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/05/blame-chinese-communist-party-coronavirus-crisis-column/2940486001/

rm1369
04-08-2020, 11:54 PM
And you guys proved my point. I posted about how hard the Chinese government fucked the world and are by far the biggest bad guys in all of this, which is the absolute truth, and it quickly turned into people bitching at each other about Trump.

Anyway, here's a good summary on how China went about fucking over the world:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/05/blame-chinese-communist-party-coronavirus-crisis-column/2940486001/

I doubt anyone disagrees with your views on China. However I have no voice in what happens in China, and China isn’t responsible for the shit show of a reaction we’ve had here. China isn’t the cause of Trumps lying. China isn’t the reason the governor of Georgia claimed we just learned about asymptotic people spreading the virus, as an excuse for his delay in ordering shelter at home, when it’s been widely reported for several weeks if not months. I won’t focus on China because that’s the excuse and distraction being handed down to cover up our own failings. There will always be countries that lie and hide this kind of shit. Watching Trump lie to the American people daily do you honestly believe he would have been forthcoming with the truth if it started here? Fuck no he wouldn’t have. Not to mention that was the responsibility of the pandemic response team that Trump and Bolton dismantled. Remember - he’d just hire back the scientists when they were needed. He didn’t like paying people when there wasn’t a crisis. Blame the Chinese all you want, they deserve it. But the only thing within our control is our countries response to it. Don’t let China distract you from that shit show.

JAFF
04-09-2020, 05:23 AM

Which ones? Make a list.

rcubed
04-09-2020, 10:27 AM
I dont get how the president is allowed to just get rid of independent inspectors/watchdogs that are overseeing things like how his administration is spending billions in aid relief. It defeats the whole purpose of those roles.

IndyNorm
04-09-2020, 12:25 PM
I doubt anyone disagrees with your views on China. However I have no voice in what happens in China, and China isn’t responsible for the shit show of a reaction we’ve had here. China isn’t the cause of Trumps lying. China isn’t the reason the governor of Georgia claimed we just learned about asymptotic people spreading the virus, as an excuse for his delay in ordering shelter at home, when it’s been widely reported for several weeks if not months. I won’t focus on China because that’s the excuse and distraction being handed down to cover up our own failings. There will always be countries that lie and hide this kind of shit. Watching Trump lie to the American people daily do you honestly believe he would have been forthcoming with the truth if it started here? Fuck no he wouldn’t have. Not to mention that was the responsibility of the pandemic response team that Trump and Bolton dismantled. Remember - he’d just hire back the scientists when they were needed. He didn’t like paying people when there wasn’t a crisis. Blame the Chinese all you want, they deserve it. But the only thing within our control is our countries response to it. Don’t let China distract you from that shit show.

I'm sure people are/will try to play the blame game with China to distract from the shitty job Trump is doing, but I'm not trying to do that. I'm pointing out the root cause of the outbreak, which the Chinese government is fully responsible for. Yes we were completely unprepared for this, Trump is an asshole, and the Georgia governor looks pretty incompetent. All of those things need to be corrected, but none of those issues are any way the root cause of why the outbreak happened. This is the engineer in me talking, but if the root cause of a problem isn't fixed then the problem is likely to re-occur. The only way this fix will happen is for the world to collectively hold the Chinese government accountable or at least get them to agree to work with the rest of the world on containment the next time this happens. And while I can't vote on this to happen, I can try to spread awareness in an attempt to have this gain enough momentum for it to become an actionable issue. I doubt it'll happen, but I can at least try.

Anyway, that's my take, and rest assured it hasn't blinded me from the lack of preparedness and shit show in Washington.

Colts And Orioles
04-09-2020, 12:43 PM
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, this man was one of the great minds of the 20th and 21st centuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZ8Ypc52-o&fbclid=IwAR0_7BWOTQfyZNZpr5YIFuKXBs_ZAYpiHWRVlPzBp K7PLlluEmiecD_Cqo0

o

Racehorse
04-09-2020, 01:53 PM
Please tell me which of them have been debunked- I’d genuinely like to know. Not sure who disagreed with your statement. I’ve seen no one state otherwise. But again, if Trump doesn’t have an effect on anything why support him? Because he called Mexicans rapists? Because he was a reality TV star? I’d really like to know. You keep telling me why I shouldn’t care that my country is led by a lying con artist, but there has to be a reason to support him right? Please enlighten me.

No, you don't You are one of those guys who thinks if an R is in the White House, the world sucks. You are no better than the morons who thought their life sucked because a D was in there the 8 years before him. I will say it again, you make your life good or bad, not any POTUS. YOU are the one who sees everything as R and D. Not me. My leanings are libertarian, which means they all do an equally bad job, for the most part.
Like I said, I am here for football. Carry on!

smitty46953
04-09-2020, 04:41 PM
I know one thing … Right, wrong or indifferent the Presidential debate should be entertaining. "Comedy Gold Jerry Comedy Gold" :eek:

JAFF
04-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Trump family loses bid to move marketing scam lawsuit to arbitration

http://https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-family-loses-bid-to-move-marketing-scam-lawsuit-to-arbitration/ar-BB12otgd

In a Wednesday night decision concerning the American Communications Network, U.S. District Judge Lorna Schofield accused the Trumps of acting unfairly by seeking arbitration after first obtaining "the benefits of litigating in federal court," including the dismissal of a racketeering claim.

"This conduct is both substantively prejudicial towards Plaintiffs and seeks to use the [Federal Arbitration Act] as a vehicle to manipulate the rules of procedure to Defendants' benefit and Plaintiffs' harm," Schofield wrote.

Defendants included Trump's adult children, Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka, and an affiliate of the Trump Organization.

"The court erred, and while we are disappointed, we will take an immediate appeal," Joanna Hendon, a lawyer for the Trumps, said in an email.

In the October 2018 complaint, the Trumps were accused of misleading victims into becoming salespeople for ACN, a multi-level marketing company that charged $499 for a chance to sell videophones and other goods.

According to the plaintiffs, the Trump family conned them into thinking Donald Trump, who had yet to become president, believed their investments would pay off.

The Trumps have called the lawsuit politically motivated, and said Donald's Trump's endorsement of ACN was merely his opinion.

In rejecting arbitration, Schofield noted the plaintiffs' claim that they had no reason to believe their agreements to arbitrate with ACN also covered the Trumps.

Roberta Kaplan, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said in an email she looked forward to pursuing the proposed class action on behalf of her clients and "thousands of others like them who were defrauded by the Trumps."

Last July, Schofield said the plaintiffs could pursue state law claims of fraud, false advertising and unfair competition against the Trumps, despite dismissing the racketeering claim.

rm1369
04-09-2020, 10:39 PM
No, you don't You are one of those guys who thinks if an R is in the White House, the world sucks. You are no better than the morons who thought their life sucked because a D was in there the 8 years before him. I will say it again, you make your life good or bad, not any POTUS. YOU are the one who sees everything as R and D. Not me. My leanings are libertarian, which means they all do an equally bad job, for the most part.
Like I said, I am here for football. Carry on!

I typed out a bunch, but edited to just say this: either address the substance of what’s being said or just shut the fuck up. It’s obvious you have nothing to add beyond the cliche that you keep trotting out. The one that not a single person has disagreed with. Tell me which of my issues with Trump has been debunked as you claim (two of us asked you) or give me a reason you support Trump. Otherwise take you own advice and go talk football. It’s obvious you have nothing else to add here.

rm1369
04-09-2020, 10:45 PM
I'm sure people are/will try to play the blame game with China to distract from the shitty job Trump is doing, but I'm not trying to do that. I'm pointing out the root cause of the outbreak, which the Chinese government is fully responsible for. Yes we were completely unprepared for this, Trump is an asshole, and the Georgia governor looks pretty incompetent. All of those things need to be corrected, but none of those issues are any way the root cause of why the outbreak happened. This is the engineer in me talking, but if the root cause of a problem isn't fixed then the problem is likely to re-occur. The only way this fix will happen is for the world to collectively hold the Chinese government accountable or at least get them to agree to work with the rest of the world on containment the next time this happens. And while I can't vote on this to happen, I can try to spread awareness in an attempt to have this gain enough momentum for it to become an actionable issue. I doubt it'll happen, but I can at least try.

Anyway, that's my take, and rest assured it hasn't blinded me from the lack of preparedness and shit show in Washington.

That’s fair, I don’t disagree at all. Unfortunately I’m concerned we are trending again towards nationalism which tends to hurt the whole idea of global cooperation. There is a whole lot of things that the international community should be addressing with China, but the only real way it works is when a majority of the international community stands together. That often requires partners to cooperate more and not allow side issues to threaten the cooperation. I just don’t see that with the current political climate. Trump is a large part of that obviously, but not the only part. Europe is having its own issues with Nationalism. That makes things significantly easier for China.

And my fear is that the current administration will use this to not only hide their own domestic failures with the virus, but to continue weakening international alliances. The WHO certainly has questions to answer as well, but that type of international organization actually needs strengthened, not weakened if you want to minimize future issues. But I don’t believe that’s the current goal.

IndyNorm
04-10-2020, 09:50 AM
That’s fair, I don’t disagree at all. Unfortunately I’m concerned we are trending again towards nationalism which tends to hurt the whole idea of global cooperation. There is a whole lot of things that the international community should be addressing with China, but the only real way it works is when a majority of the international community stands together. That often requires partners to cooperate more and not allow side issues to threaten the cooperation. I just don’t see that with the current political climate. Trump is a large part of that obviously, but not the only part. Europe is having its own issues with Nationalism. That makes things significantly easier for China.

And my fear is that the current administration will use this to not only hide their own domestic failures with the virus, but to continue weakening international alliances. The WHO certainly has questions to answer as well, but that type of international organization actually needs strengthened, not weakened if you want to minimize future issues. But I don’t believe that’s the current goal.

Agree with your concerns. You would think 100,000+ deaths and the devastation to our economies would be a great rallying point for the international community. Hopefully it is, but like you I have my doubts.

As for the WHO, I think/hope the threat to withhold funding is a play to get Adhanom to resign, which at the very least needs to happen. The WHO prioritized their political ties with China over the health of the world and in doing so aided in China's cover up which lead to the outbreak. Perhaps this was inadvertent, but they still need to be held accountable.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/who-refused-to-act-on-taiwans-virus-alert/

omahacolt
04-10-2020, 10:49 AM
I dont get how the president is allowed to just get rid of independent inspectors/watchdogs that are overseeing things like how his administration is spending billions in aid relief. It defeats the whole purpose of those roles.

The republicans don’t check him. They are on board with destroying the checks and balances the founders of this country installed to stop people like trump and the leaders of the Republican Party.

Republicans don’t give a fuck about the constitution

Racehorse
04-10-2020, 11:38 AM
Just so the prick knows the truth, I am out of this thread because I said I was out, not because some prick told me to leave. Like I said to him earlier, "Carry on!"

JAFF
04-10-2020, 07:17 PM
The republicans don’t check him. They are on board with destroying the checks and balances the founders of this country installed to stop people like trump and the leaders of the Republican Party.

Republicans don’t give a fuck about the constitution

There are a few of us who care, but we are getting steam rolled by those who label us as (fill in the blank)

I’m a man without a party. I cant vote for the biggest liar on the planet earth, but the democrates are much of an option

Brylok
04-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Whenever the dust or ashes finally settle, we should rebuild with a parlimentary system. If we're still able to do so. No telling how this will shake out.

JAFF
04-10-2020, 08:55 PM
Whenever the dust or ashes finally settle, we should rebuild with a parlimentary system. If we're still able to do so. No telling how this will shake out.

It would be more fun. Watch the British bitch slap each other aroung, its a hoot

Brylok
04-11-2020, 01:16 AM
It would be more fun. Watch the British bitch slap each other aroung, its a hoot
Nobody currently alive in this land has ever seen anything like what's coming for us. And soon. Good luck to you and yours. You're gonna need it. We all will.

rcubed
04-14-2020, 12:41 AM
Anyone see trumps little meltdown in his monday press conference? Claimed president has total authority. When asked about that by press he kept cutting them off and getting upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAFF
04-19-2020, 12:14 PM
Trump came out and said the states need to look out for themselves. Why am I paying federal taxes.

Big Smooth
04-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Holy shit you guys. How are all of you going to last another four years?

JAFF
04-26-2020, 11:46 AM
New drnk, the Trumptini

Shot of bleach
Shot of lysol
Add a Tidepod

rcubed
04-26-2020, 05:06 PM
New drnk, the Trumptini

Shot of bleach
Shot of lysol
Add a Tidepod

Its best to drink it under a UV lamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colts And Orioles
06-03-2020, 11:08 PM
o

Drew Brees Receives Intense Backlash from Star Athletes after Remarks about Protesting during National Anthem

(By Daniel Canova)

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/drew-brees-backlash-protesting-national-anthem-remarks

o

Colts And Orioles
08-24-2020, 07:07 PM
o

This is not exactly politics, but it's related a social issue(s) ......

Tarrant Police Officer Delivers Groceries to Woman Caught Stealing Eggs at Dollar General

(By Carol Robinson)

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2014/12/tarrant_police_officer_deliver.html?fbclid=IwAR1rj 6Cz_9WZohXtpW4uHg48PX-5bZ6ctUScbwRgXgiFIrpoCx14Vkp2WUk

o

Chromeburn
08-25-2020, 10:38 PM
Meanwhile Covid be like (https://imgur.com/gallery/wyofTl0)

Colts And Orioles
10-24-2020, 07:55 AM
o

This was written one day prior to the announcement that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had signed Antonio Brown ......

Antonio Brown Possibly Getting Another Chance Before Colin Kaepernick Is the NFL’s Newest Embarrassment

(By Jake Elman)

https://www.sportscasting.com/antonio-brown-possibly-getting-another-chance-before-colin-kaepernick-is-the-nfls-newest-embarrassment/

o