PDA

View Full Version : so Donald Trump

Pages : [1] 2

omahacolt
02-05-2017, 05:44 PM
this guy sure seems to be a piece of shit doesn't he?

daedge
02-06-2017, 04:07 AM
this guy sure seems to be a piece of shit doesn't he?

Regretting voting for him?

GoBigBlue88
02-10-2017, 08:57 AM
I've been putting it this way: I may have disagreed with policies of past presidents (Obama's furthering of Patriot Act, Bush's war agenda / Patriot Act birthing etc.) but I always viewed these presidents as legitimate presidents, respected them for it, and would gladly shake their hand if I ever met them.

I don't view Donald Trump as presidential or representative of America in the slightest. I would not shake his hand.

FatDT
02-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Just a figurehead for Stephen Bannon's insane vision for the US. And he (Trump) will make a shit ton of money in the process, which is probably why he went through with this in the first place.

Coltsalr
02-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Just a figurehead for Stephen Bannon's insane vision for the US. And he (Trump) will make a shit ton of money in the process, which is probably why he went through with this in the first place.

That, and he's 70 years old and eating/fucking can't be his only entertainment anymore.

Might as well add being President to his legacy for the lulz.

GoBigBlue88
02-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Shit like this legitimately terrifies me, though. It's not just that we're dumb. It's that we're WILLFULLY dumb:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/830054906711175168

omahacolt
02-10-2017, 01:14 PM
It is refreshing to see pretty much everyone (other than old scared white people) stand up against this shit. And these congressmen passing his cabinet through are in for a rude awakening come election time

rcubed
02-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Shit like this legitimately terrifies me, though. It's not just that we're dumb. It's that we're WILLFULLY dumb:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/830054906711175168

He has been masterful at manipulating the dumb. He knows that all he has to do is sling some shit out and a lot of people will believe it no matter what. They wont take time to research anything he says. Even when presented with the actual facts, they just believe what was initially stated.

Indystu2
02-10-2017, 03:14 PM
... knows that all he has to do is sling some shit out and a lot of people will believe it no matter what. They wont take time to research anything he says. Even when presented with the actual facts, they just believe what was initially stated.

Says the execs running CNN, CNBC, NPR ..... meaning they do the same thing.

rcubed
02-10-2017, 04:03 PM

you forget to call them 'liberal media' in your post.

quick question - why didnt you include fox news in your list?

edgeman
02-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Educate yourself and don't rely on cable news channels. They are only going to tell you the parts they want you to hear. It's up to you to get the real truth.

If there were an all out civil war, race war, etc. they ALL would be perfectly fine with that. Ratings my friends.

And stay away from the political mems. While some are funny AF, most are completely false and outright lies.

GoBigBlue88
02-10-2017, 05:24 PM

What would you hold as a legitimate news source? I have a feeling the answer might be pretty terrifying.

I think a big problem with the world nowadays is we can be so insular (which is where willful ignorance stems from). You can live in a bubble and surround yourself with the news YOU want to hear. Facebook algorithms really seemed to amplify this in the past two years, but it's always been there (the "just watch FOX News" crowd, for instance).

rcubed
02-10-2017, 06:39 PM
Educate yourself and don't rely on cable news channels. They are only going to tell you the parts they want you to hear. It's up to you to get the real truth.

If there were an all out civil war, race war, etc. they ALL would be perfectly fine with that. Ratings my friends.

And stay away from the political mems. While some are funny AF, most are completely false and outright lies.

I try to read from a variety of sources - CNN, BBC, Fox, weed out the opinion spin and you can usually get to the meat of most stories.

omahacolt
02-10-2017, 07:47 PM

haha

this guy. here is why stereotypes can be completely accurate

Colts And Orioles
02-11-2017, 04:12 PM
o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07w9K2XR3f0

o

Puck
02-12-2017, 10:32 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/NJyhRFiUbOUVO/giphy.gif

Brylok
02-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Trump is a reprehensible human being, in league with Moscow. Today's Republican party is the greatest threat the United States has ever faced. I honestly doubt that our republic will survive.

GoBigBlue88
02-13-2017, 12:00 AM
Trump is a reprehensible human being, in league with Moscow. Today's Republican party is the greatest threat the United States has ever faced. I honestly doubt that our republic will survive.

Naw, too many checks on the executive branch and too much Constitutional grounding for that to realistically happen. There would have to be the sort of big bang event no one could ignore to catalyze anything like that, IMO.

That said, it's crazy seeing what the GOP has co-opted to win in my life time. Hope they're enjoying that W...

Brylok
02-13-2017, 01:17 AM
Naw, too many checks on the executive branch and too much Constitutional grounding for that to realistically happen. There would have to be the sort of big bang event no one could ignore to catalyze anything like that, IMO.

That said, it's crazy seeing what the GOP has co-opted to win in my life time. Hope they're enjoying that W...
I hope you're right. Buckle up nevertheless. It's going to get very ugly/violent. Summer is coming.

rcubed
02-13-2017, 03:21 AM
John oliver show was hilarious and scary tonight.

edgeman
02-13-2017, 03:47 PM
It's funny. I remember 8 years ago sitting back and thinking what a bunch of crazy dimwits that the far right wingers were.

And now today I'm sitting here and saying the exact same thing about most of the lefties, except these folks are far worse.

The right wingers needed tin foil hats, these lefties need a padded jail cell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indystu2
02-13-2017, 08:55 PM
you forget to call them 'liberal media' in your post.

quick question - why didnt you include fox news in your list?

Allow me to correct myself, all MSM.

Indystu2
02-13-2017, 09:04 PM
What would you hold as a legitimate news source? I have a feeling the answer might be pretty terrifying.

I have a variety of websites that I visit. I read all of the spin and opinion and generally find that the truth is in small bits from each source. I use those bits to form what I think to be the truth until proven otherwise. Comparing the specific sites out there is pointless, they all have an agenda. I try to unplug the matrix cable from the back of my head as much as I can. It is amusing that 8 years ago nearly half of the country was asking how could anyone vote THAT guy and today half of the country is asking that same question! One side goes to ballet box to voice their displeasure and one side likes to riot in the streets to voice theirs.

Flame on guys!

GoBigBlue88
02-14-2017, 08:48 AM
It's funny. I remember 8 years ago sitting back and thinking what a bunch of crazy dimwits that the far right wingers were.

And now today I'm sitting here and saying the exact same thing about most of the lefties, except these folks are far worse.

The right wingers needed tin foil hats, these lefties need a padded jail cell.

Are we talking the same right that has co-opted Alex Jones, Breitbart etc. as the informational sources this WH runs on?

Look, while I agree furthering political and partisan divide makes the problem worse and does nothing to address the larger problems (we should be listening to each side and understanding WHY they're concerned/catalyzed), this is a particularly bad time to suggest that the dynamic has flipped.

edgeman
02-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Are we talking the same right that has co-opted Alex Jones, Breitbart etc. as the informational sources this WH runs on?

Look, while I agree furthering political and partisan divide makes the problem worse and does nothing to address the larger problems (we should be listening to each side and understanding WHY they're concerned/catalyzed), this is a particularly bad time to suggest that the dynamic has flipped.

I agree that we need to listen and make every attempt to understand why they're concerned. I however find that a difficult proposition when they themselves aren't reciprocal.

Calling anyone with an opposing view a racist, misogynist, xenophobe, etc. tends to degrade conversations.

Rioting is a non-starter.

Proper dialogue is difficult in of itself when individuals disagree on the small things... these topics are life altering to some...

sherck
02-14-2017, 09:42 AM
As most of you know, for the first time in my adult life (7 Presidential election cycles), I did not vote for a Presidential candidate this time. I felt that neither person running for R or D were worthy of the office. Both were failures in both character and policy vision.

I would offer a couple of things for folks to think about.

#1 Support of the U.S. Military would be required for the republic to falter or end and the U.S. Military will not be a party of that action. I was active duty for 8 years and have now been a civilian employee of the DoD for 14 years (4 year pure civilian stint in the middle) and I can tell you that there is zero appetite within the military to do anything other than protect and defend this nation and its political system AS LAID DOWN by the Constitution. Remember, the oath of service of a military members is to "Support and Defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Not defend the government or the administration; defend the Constitution and the republic. The current political views of whichever administration is in control at that time have little effect on the U.S. military as a whole (except when they use the military as a social experiment lab).

#2 Trump won 2,626 out of 3,113 counties in the U.S. (84.36%).

That also corresponds to him having won 3,156,470 sq miles of U.S. land mass out of 3,797,000 sq miles (83.13%).

While he did lose the popular vote by over 3 million voters, he lost the state of CA by over 4 million votes. In the other 49 states of the union, over 1 million more people voted for him than for Hillary.

Trump won only 12 of the largest 100 counties (i.e. the cities).

You can decide however you want that he is "illegitimate" or somehow "stole" the election but a huge number of folks in the vast majority of the nation voted for him.

#3 I have now worked in cyber security for the Air Force for more than six years. While I can give no evidence on this forum, the narrative that the Russians "hacked" the election are pure fiction. The Dems terrible candidate, faulty assumptions, horrible election strategy and abandonment of one of their previous core voting blocs (working class whites) is what doomed them to lose to the weakest Republican candidate that the party has put up in decades.

#4 I personally think that Trump's administration will be a disaster. I think Hillary's administration would have been equally a disaster. Why? Because neither have the character, morals or ethics to be better than a disaster. Character matters. Folks who lack ethical character cannot but be a disaster in whatever they do. Folks with superior character and ethics will succeed no matter what they do.

#5 Luckily, there is not much that the federal government does that effects the daily lives of the average American. The decisions of the people in our lives, the companies that we interact with, the organizations that we choose to associate with and local governmental decisions effect our daily lives in much, much greater proportion than do the decisions of the Federal government. As the framers of the Constitution intended.

#6 In the words of poet Edward Fitzgerald "this too, shall pass" (quoting a much older Persian proverb).

So, Freaks, live your lives, love those around you and thank your God that Grigson was fired as GM of the Colts.

Cheers,

DrSpaceman
02-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Well sherck pretty well sums up my feelings as well

I voted for Gary Johnson. Wasn't the perfect candidate, but better than the two other idiots.

The Russians and god knows what other countries have been trying to influence elections for a long time. 2008 and 2012 as well, both had the same type of reports of Russians influencing or stealing info from the democrat and republican election committees. No different than this year.

Trump is an arrogant idiot. Clinton was a power hungry idiot capitalizing on her husband's name, some way George W Bush did with his dad's name. Neither really "deserved" the job.

GoBigBlue88
02-14-2017, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry, but comparing Clinton's faults to Trump's faults feels incredibly weak to me.

One would be a President you disagreed with but could live with keeping the executive branch alive until you can vote for a better candidate 4 years later.

The other already has the executive branch in shambles, is embarrassing the country on an international stage and is making a mockery of the office.

Any other year, I'd agree with the right to think "each is an idiot". I honestly just can't fathom how anyone could not see Trump as by far the greater evil here, though.

And I think it's dangerous to just sit this out, too, because that just further empowers Trump in this climate. I trust in the Constitution to hold strong and enough checks and balances in place -- between the public and judiciary/legislative branches -- for this to not end in apocalypse, hard as Trump is trying to fumble the nuclear football right now. But I do think we're fighting for the intelligence, reputation and truth-literacy of America moving forward, if nothing else, and valuing the truth has to matter at some point.

EDIT: I got sidetracked here a bit but keeping this so as not to revise. I don't think the point anymore is Clinton v Trump or WE WON YOU LOST! I think the point is that Donald Trump is President and doing some scary shit. And we should be honest about what that is, why it's happening, talk about it, see why it does happen (what it REALLY addresses) and what can be done to make this a better country moving forward.

Of course, if you're blindly for a Muslim ban without thinking beyond that, I cannot help you.

Lov2fish
02-16-2017, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry, but comparing Clinton's faults to Trump's faults feels incredibly weak to me.

One would be a President you disagreed with but could live with keeping the executive branch alive until you can vote for a better candidate 4 years later.

The other already has the executive branch in shambles, is embarrassing the country on an international stage and is making a mockery of the office.

Any other year, I'd agree with the right to think "each is an idiot". I honestly just can't fathom how anyone could not see Trump as by far the greater evil here, though.

And I think it's dangerous to just sit this out, too, because that just further empowers Trump in this climate. I trust in the Constitution to hold strong and enough checks and balances in place -- between the public and judiciary/legislative branches -- for this to not end in apocalypse, hard as Trump is trying to fumble the nuclear football right now. But I do think we're fighting for the intelligence, reputation and truth-literacy of America moving forward, if nothing else, and valuing the truth has to matter at some point.

EDIT: I got sidetracked here a bit but keeping this so as not to revise. I don't think the point anymore is Clinton v Trump or WE WON YOU LOST! I think the point is that Donald Trump is President and doing some scary shit. And we should be honest about what that is, why it's happening, talk about it, see why it does happen (what it REALLY addresses) and what can be done to make this a better country moving forward.

Of course, if you're blindly for a Muslim ban without thinking beyond that, I cannot help you.

That's just your partisan shining through. They both sucked. No, Hillary was not better than Trump and you can not perpetuate enough bull shit to even make that somewhat plausible. That cunt had as much or more baggage than that dufus had. They are both embarrassments to their respective party. With Trump being so unqualified, yet other than liberal Utopia Komifornia the country voted for him anyway. They did so out of frustration from failed policy the previous 8 years. Hell who we kidding, the last 3/4 of a century.

I voted for Trump. I had one reason and one reason only. Scotus. He didn't disappoint with his selection either. I hope the other ole hag retires this year, too. One more appointee and the SC will be set for damn near an entire generation. Everybody screams and shouts about both the idiots, like they are really anything other than figure heads. It's laughable really. Mattis was a good decision in his cabinet. So far he has pretty much been the only bright spot of Trumps pick sans the Scotus pick.

Now I set back and wait for the eventual collapse of this albatross. It's not even an if, it's when.

Brylok
02-16-2017, 03:31 AM
At the current rate, this country is doomed. I'm glad I'm middle aged and have no children.

Colts2006
02-16-2017, 06:48 AM
When I went into the voting booth....I almost voted for Johnson just because of the two top choices being so piss poor. But I ended up voting for Trump due to the SCOTUS. Hillary was a complete joke of a candidate. Its amazing that a major political party actually put her up for President. Trump isn't much better of a choice but the SCOTUS hanging in the balance forced me to vote for him.

omahacolt
02-16-2017, 06:53 AM
When I went into the voting booth....I almost voted for Johnson just because of the two top choices being so piss poor. But I ended up voting for Trump due to the SCOTUS. Hillary was a complete joke of a candidate. Its amazing that a major political party actually put her up for President. Trump isn't much better of a choice but the SCOTUS hanging in the balance forced me to vote for him.

Trump was a much worse choice. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

i am sure Clinton would have picked a fine scotus nominee. Trump is an embarrassment to this country on a world wide level. He is a puppet for Putin.

sherck
02-16-2017, 07:50 AM

"keeping the executive branch alive" Sort of like in the exact same vein as the previous President who rarely worked with Congress and tried to lone wolf everything with the use of his pen and phone?

Is that what you mean by "keeping the executive branch alive?"

Honestly, you may agree with one viewpoint of how a nation should be run over the other viewpoint (Dem or Rep) but the methods that were used to run the nation under Obama were terrible.

Both Trump and Clinton were going to continue using those same methods instead of actually trying to meet in the middle with anyone who is not a 100% supporter. Why? Because Obama showed that they can work for a short time until the other guys get into office. And then it all gets overturned.

That is a terrible way to run a nation. Finding common ground and passing laws that have general support by both sides ensures that those laws last past the end of your administration and give long term stability to the framework of how our nation is to run.

Whip sawing back and forth across the road from one side to the other is a much less effective way of driving down the road than just driving down the middle of the road.

The nations that were in the travel ban:

Libya, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia

The 10 largest Muslim nations by population:

Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Egypt, Iran, Turkey, Algeria, Morocco

You do realize that there is only one nation that is common to those two lists: Iran.

However, all 7 of the nations on the travel ban have been designated as nations that support the use of designated terror organizations and methods since at least 2010....and were so labeled during the Obama Administration.

Muslim ban, indeed.

Cheers,

GoBigBlue88
02-16-2017, 09:10 AM
That's just your partisan shining through. They both sucked. No, Hillary was not better than Trump and you can not perpetuate enough bull shit to even make that somewhat plausible. That cunt had as much or more baggage than that dufus had. They are both embarrassments to their respective party. With Trump being so unqualified, yet other than liberal Utopia Komifornia the country voted for him anyway. They did so out of frustration from failed policy the previous 8 years. Hell who we kidding, the last 3/4 of a century.

I voted for Trump. I had one reason and one reason only. Scotus. He didn't disappoint with his selection either. I hope the other ole hag retires this year, too. One more appointee and the SC will be set for damn near an entire generation. Everybody screams and shouts about both the idiots, like they are really anything other than figure heads. It's laughable really. Mattis was a good decision in his cabinet. So far he has pretty much been the only bright spot of Trumps pick sans the Scotus pick.

Now I set back and wait for the eventual collapse of this albatross. It's not even an if, it's when.

So, going to let you in on a secret: referring to women as cunts and being a misogynist in the year 2017 is really gross, and really suggests you shouldn't be taken seriously. "Komifornia" doesn't work much better for your argument that you made any kind of a rational, informed decision, rather than something based on total ignorance.

GoBigBlue88
02-16-2017, 09:19 AM
"keeping the executive branch alive" Sort of like in the exact same vein as the previous President who rarely worked with Congress and tried to lone wolf everything with the use of his pen and phone?

The Congress that explicitly stated their goal was to oppose any policy or legislation he put in action? Right. Keep telling yourself the President, not the opposition-controlled Congress, was the problem. Jesus...

The nations that were in the travel ban:

Libya, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia

The 10 largest Muslim nations by population:

Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Egypt, Iran, Turkey, Algeria, Morocco

You do realize that there is only one nation that is common to those two lists: Iran.

However, all 7 of the nations on the travel ban have been designated as nations that support the use of designated terror organizations and methods since at least 2010....and were so labeled during the Obama Administration.

Muslim ban, indeed.

I was saying: if you're just blindingly for "banning Muslims" (not saying you are, the general you), I can't help you because you're inherently exclusionist (/racist/xenophobic/etc.)

If you're going to use the OBAMA SAID THESE NATIONS argument, A) exactly, which is why rigorous screening was introduced for immigrants coming in from those nations, and the "extreme vetting" proposed by Trump are just words that don't mean anything, as this policy is already in place and B) we continue to ignore Saudi Arabia, which of course presented the US with an actual terrorist influx.

The whole terrorist/Muslim/7 countries/whatever conversation completely falls apart, to me, when you look at the terrorist acts committed in the US and acknowledge how many are committed by white, native US citizens. And they're often committed with automatic weapons, by people with varying degrees of mental illness.

So Trump looking to roll back gun laws preventing certain individuals from mental illness from purchasing firearms feels particularly egregious and more the problem than anything to do with any of those 7 nations.

(And that's not even a partisan thing. Obama didn't try nearly hard enough to fight the NRA lobby either, because like most politicians, he didn't want to take on the NRA lobby.)

Lov2fish
02-16-2017, 04:02 PM
So, going to let you in on a secret: referring to women as cunts and being a misogynist in the year 2017 is really gross, and really suggests you shouldn't be taken seriously. "Komifornia" doesn't work much better for your argument that you made any kind of a rational, informed decision, rather than something based on total ignorance.

Well, Satan was already taken. Plus there is the whole if the shoe fits wear that bitch like ya own it. Best you can do is misogynist? At least try being original. Fucking liberals are all exactly the same. It's like a bunch of robots who spew the same shit. That state is exactly what it is, a liberal utopia. Here is a hint? I wasn't looking for your fucking approval on what I replied. Believe that shit, I don't give a damn about your feelings or opinion?

GoBigBlue88
02-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Well, Satan was already taken. Plus there is the whole if the shoe fits wear that bitch like ya own it. Best you can do is misogynist? At least try being original. Fucking liberals are all exactly the same. It's like a bunch of robots who spew the same shit. That state is exactly what it is, a liberal utopia. Here is a hint? I wasn't looking for your fucking approval on what I replied. Believe that shit, I don't give a damn about your feelings or opinion?

So you take pride in being a gross human being. Cool.

Lov2fish
02-16-2017, 06:39 PM
So you take pride in being a gross human being. Cool.

I take pride in not giving a damn what people think about me. You included. Unlike some of you sorry asses I don't play all over the internet all day looking for some kind of approval of what I am. The left needs a new shtick, cause the playbook y'all keep reading from is stale. Ya act like voting really makes a difference. If it did they wouldn't let us do it. So I Trudge on everyday not looking for anyone's approval, or caring about who's feelings I hurt. Just because you have some opinion, or you pick a side cause it makes you feel good, or you think it is some kind of special morality, guess what? It's your fucking opinion. Doesn't make you right cause you think it is. Country is full of a bunch of special little snowflakes. What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.

omahacolt
02-16-2017, 07:16 PM
I take pride in not giving a damn what people think about me. You included. Unlike some of you sorry asses I don't play all over the internet all day looking for some kind of approval of what I am. The left needs a new shtick, cause the playbook y'all keep reading from is stale. Ya act like voting really makes a difference. If it did they wouldn't let us do it. So I Trudge on everyday not looking for anyone's approval, or caring about who's feelings I hurt. Just because you have some opinion, or you pick a side cause it makes you feel good, or you think it is some kind of special morality, guess what? It's your fucking opinion. Doesn't make you right cause you think it is. Country is full of a bunch of special little snowflakes. What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.

does this mean anything at all?

rcubed
02-16-2017, 09:38 PM
What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.

Have you ever been to another country or paid any attention to foreign news? Protests towards governments happen all the time and sometimes in places where it can get them killed.

GoBigBlue88
02-16-2017, 10:09 PM
What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.

Yeah, I don't think that's exactly the reason the rest of the world is shaking their heads at the US these days...

But props for being someone who thinks the problem with the world is men not calling women the c-word enough, or whatever you were getting at.

DrSpaceman
02-16-2017, 10:32 PM

I refuse to vote from someone with an R or D by their name over a 3rd party candidate simply because they are the lesser of two evils.

Its that kind of thinking that has us in this mess where the parties put up weak candidates election after election.

Voting for one major party candidate simply so the other one doesn't win is not good enough, and should not be good enough, when voting for the president.

I buying into the idea you have to pick one of the major party candidates, no matter who they are, just to beat the other person just perpetuates this country's problems long term.

Lov2fish
02-16-2017, 11:30 PM
does this mean anything at all?

Means absolutely nothing but what it say's. No hidden meaning, no subliminal undertones. Just a great big suck one if you don't like me or what I stand for. Makes no difference to me how you take it, don't take it, or if any of it appeals to you.

Lov2fish
02-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I don't think that's exactly the reason the rest of the world is shaking their heads at the US these days...

But props for being someone who thinks the problem with the world is men not calling women the c-word enough, or whatever you were getting at.

Whatever, don't care. She is a cunt. I didn't stutter, or mean it any other way than how I typed it.

rcubed
02-17-2017, 12:00 AM
What a dick.

I know, you dont care, still a dick though.

Lov2fish
02-17-2017, 12:23 AM
What a dick.

I know, you dont care, still a dick though.

Need more like me and this country wouldn't be full of pussies. I'm 51 and I don't have time for sugar coating or worrying about if I offend someone. I am 100% exactly the same way in person. Family loves me, grand kids adore me, so all that other shit is just fluff.

rcubed
02-17-2017, 01:15 AM
There's a difference between stating your mind and calling someone a cunt.

GoBigBlue88
02-17-2017, 08:53 AM
I refuse to vote from someone with an R or D by their name over a 3rd party candidate simply because they are the lesser of two evils.

Its that kind of thinking that has us in this mess where the parties put up weak candidates election after election.

Voting for one major party candidate simply so the other one doesn't win is not good enough, and should not be good enough, when voting for the president.

I buying into the idea you have to pick one of the major party candidates, no matter who they are, just to beat the other person just perpetuates this country's problems long term.

Not saying you're wrong by any means, and I respect your opinion here. I see where you're coming from.

And I think any other year, I'd understand it better. But in 2016, it really seemed like voting Johnson WAS voting Trump. Johnson and Stein were never viable candidates (IMO, Johnson was a nutjob too, certifiable, but totally JMO), so voting Independent to make any kind of a statement on either party was really the same as not hurting the guy who announced himself as an executive trainwreck so many months prior.

I can't emphasize enough: I get the logic any other year. But this year, it wasn't just "they both suck" or "typical partisan Sophie's choice". This year, it was Donald Trump loudly stomping toward the White House, glasses of water rippling as if stirred by dinosaurs approaching in Jurassic Park, yelling "I'm going to fuck shit up, and not in the good way you guys want me to!"

But I do respect your civil discussion here, and rebuke of a two-party system that is obviously both severely flawed and going nowhere anytime soon. Now its just set to co-opt the looney outsiders who would otherwise declare independent.

GoBigBlue88
02-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Need more like me and this country wouldn't be full of pussies.

Pussies ≠ sane human beings conscious of the fact that other people exist beyond themselves.

I'm 51 and I don't have time for sugar coating or worrying about if I offend someone.

Sugar-coating ≠ not being grossly misogynistic.

I am 100% exactly the same way in person.

Chance this guy says this shit beyond a message board, or calls some other woman he disagrees with the c-word? I'm betting zero.

Family loves me, grand kids adore me, so all that other shit is just fluff.

Yup; you're clearly a family man. If anything came across to me in your posts here, it was that.

Lov2fish
02-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Pussies ≠ sane human beings conscious of the fact that other people exist beyond themselves.

Sugar-coating ≠ not being grossly misogynistic.

Chance this guy says this shit beyond a message board, or calls some other woman he disagrees with the c-word? I'm betting zero.

Yup; you're clearly a family man. If anything came across to me in your posts here, it was that.

If you're betting I wouldn't say it to their face if they had it coming, you would lose your bet. You try and make it sound like I go around degrading every woman in my path. If they deserve the moniker, I'll hang it on them. It really is as simple as that. Some things are true whether you believe them or not. Grow a set. Save your typing. I am done with this circular argument. It's pointless. Being scared of everything is no way to go through life. People who matter don't care, and people who care don't matter. You can get on with existing in your little make believe world where everything is roses and lollipops, and I will go on living like I just don't care. You get one shot at it, so I just don't care about you if you don't effect my everyday life.

Spike
02-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Trump was a much worse choice. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

i am sure Clinton would have picked a fine scotus nominee. Trump is an embarrassment to this country on a world wide level. He is a puppet for Putin.

Democrats screwed the pooch. Their arrogance that Hillary could win destroyed them. A lot of people just didn't trust Hillary. Her lies, her Clinton Foundation, her email scandal, Benghazi, just to name a few. I don't know how Trump is going to turn out, but it was an election where I didn't feel good voting for either one of them. Trump is a blowhard and says the stupidest shit sometimes. I do like that Trump wants to deport all the illegal aliens that are criminals. I do like that he wants to protect our boarders. I do like that he wants to repeal Obamacare, which has been a disaster. I guess time will tell whether Trump is worth a shit or not. But, this I truly believe, Hillary would have been a disaster.

Spike
02-17-2017, 08:28 PM

Not all of California voted for Hillary. The big cities, such as SF and LA did, but the central valley voted against Hillary. Trump won about 33% of the California votes.

By territory alone, the state’s blue and red sides ended up fairly even, as voters delivered wins for Mr. Trump across the rural Central Valley and northern counties.

omahacolt
02-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Democrats screwed the pooch. Their arrogance that Hillary could win destroyed them. A lot of people just didn't trust Hillary. Her lies, her Clinton Foundation, her email scandal, Benghazi, just to name a few. I don't know how Trump is going to turn out, but it was an election where I didn't feel good voting for either one of them. Trump is a blowhard and says the stupidest shit sometimes. I do like that Trump wants to deport all the illegal aliens that are criminals. I do like that he wants to protect our boarders. I do like that he wants to repeal Obamacare, which has been a disaster. I guess time will tell whether Trump is worth a shit or not. But, this I truly believe, Hillary would have been a disaster.

i am no hillary fan. but to say that she would be worse than trump is laughable at best. more like retarded.

trump has made this country a laughingstock. the dude is a god damn moron. he has no idea what he is doing.

protect our borders is fine. i have been an advocate of that for years. but by building a wall? are you kidding me? it is illogical and expensive. mexico will not be paying for it.

fix obamacare. don't repeal it. which won't happen because trump is all about big business. big pharma will make out even better. our health care system is destroying the middle class. insurance is too expensive and prescription drugs have to get regulated.

hillary would have been, at the very least, stable. trump is a moron that has a mental disability

Spike
02-17-2017, 09:14 PM
i am no hillary fan. but to say that she would be worse than trump is laughable at best. more like retarded.

trump has made this country a laughingstock. the dude is a god damn moron. he has no idea what he is doing.

protect our borders is fine. i have been an advocate of that for years. but by building a wall? are you kidding me? it is illogical and expensive. mexico will not be paying for it.

fix obamacare. don't repeal it. which won't happen because trump is all about big business. big pharma will make out even better. our health care system is destroying the middle class. insurance is too expensive and prescription drugs have to get regulated.

hillary would have been, at the very least, stable. trump is a moron that has a mental disability

Hillary and stable should never be put in the same sentence. Trump may have a mental disability, but so does Hillary. Again, not a real fan of either one of them.

Spike
02-17-2017, 09:24 PM

Is half of America retarded? People didn't want that bitch in office and for someone like Trump to beat her tells you all you need to know about Hillary.

GoBigBlue88
02-17-2017, 11:25 PM
People didn't want that bitch in office

Anyone else starting to sense a theme here?

omahacolt
02-17-2017, 11:28 PM
Is half of America retarded? People didn't want that bitch in office and for someone like Trump to beat her tells you all you need to know about Hillary.

Retarded and/ or racist. Yes

omahacolt
02-17-2017, 11:30 PM
Hillary and stable should never be put in the same sentence. Trump may have a mental disability, but so does Hillary. Again, not a real fan of either one of them.

What are you talking about? There are legit reasons to not want her as president. No need to make shit up

Spike
02-18-2017, 12:06 AM
What are you talking about? There are legit reasons to not want her as president. No need to make shit up

Just what shit am I making up?

Spike
02-18-2017, 01:02 AM
Anyone else starting to sense a theme here?

I wouldn't call her a bitch if she didn't earn that title.

GoBigBlue88
02-18-2017, 11:35 AM
A lot of people just didn't trust Hillary.

Thank God they trust Trump, though. That's working out well. He's proving to be the bastion of honesty so far.

Her lies, her Clinton Foundation, her email scandal, Benghazi, just to name a few.

Trump still uses an unsecured, consumer-grade (!) Android phone, and refuses to get rid of it despite everyone around him pleading to do so. Somehow, it seems like the least problematic thing about him. Guess we can also throw in his lies about donating to military charities, his bizarre lies about his margin of victory in the election (that interaction with ABC News this week was particularly embarrassing), his refusal to show his tax returns ...

... oh, and the many dances with Russia the Trump team has had and been caught bold-faced lying about.

But, yup. Emails. Totes the problem.

Trump is a blowhard and says the stupidest shit sometimes.

Here's the issue though: when does stupid become dangerous? It seemed like a novelty act, a performance, during his campaign. If anything, the hubris, deceit and self-masturbation has multiplied exponentially since then.

To me, it's not just "stupid shit" when Trump goes on his fake news crusade. It's Trump trying to tell you to listen to him, and only him. And while I maintain that the Constitution and balance of power checks are too strong to ever let him truly become one ... that's how you start down the road of claiming dictator status. Which isn't just stupid shit anymore, but shit that threatens the lives, well-being and security of others.

I do like that Trump wants to deport all the illegal aliens that are criminals.

But was that ever really in dispute? It's not as if Obama had offered safe harbor for illegal criminals. He, too, was deporting those. Trump is broadening his sweep. To be fair, it sounds like his stance is softening; apparently, the WH is now in favor of allowing children to remain.

I just don't see how Trump is proposing anything Obama wasn't doing. He's just aiming to show bigger force, instill more fear and look more active in fulfilling a nonsensical campaign promise.

I do like that he wants to protect our boarders.

In no realistic way. Mexico ain't footing that bill. The wall thing is already a mess. If we're talking travel plan, then in no realistic, legal or effective way. If you're going to propose the travel ban he did, then logic would dictate, from past attacks, you start with Saudi Arabia. Not even on the table. I don't think Saudis should be banned from entering America myself, but if you really believe in a travel ban, you can't believe Trump is effectively installing one with our land or air borders...

I do like that he wants to repeal Obamacare, which has been a disaster.

But what's his replacement plan? You can't just repeal. You have to replace. A lot of people who voted for Trump are finding they're screwed while they wait for answers here. He made a big show of fighting to repeal Obamacare; which is whatever, the dysfunction of Congress is what neutered a sensible proposal there to an amorphous mess in the first place. But the solutions are lacking.

I guess time will tell whether Trump is worth a shit or not.

Is the verdict really out at this point?

I guess I'll just never get the defense or justification of Trump. Look, I get it. Politics are personal and complicated. I don't ever aim to shit on anyone's party affiliation. That's dumb, and that's how we end up in so many messes.

But Trump transcends party identification. He's a dangerous, foolish man who represents the absolute worst of America, compromises our security and reputation, and is on pace to set this country back in so many ways. That's not a Republican thing. That's a Trump thing.

And my non-partisan side rant here: will we ever get a candidate who fixes the fucking infrastructure of this country? I mean, damn. Hillary wasn't about doing that. Trump is too obsessed with his dumb campaign promises (which didn't include that) to do it. Meanwhile, dams are nearly collapsing, bridges are failing, so much of the concrete build of America is entirely neglected. But we'd much rather wave flags to go after ISIS or build walls or any other number of non-priority things than turn our attention to our own goddamn crumbling infrastructure.

Spike
02-18-2017, 02:00 PM
And my non-partisan side rant here: will we ever get a candidate who fixes the fucking infrastructure of this country? I mean, damn. Hillary wasn't about doing that. Trump is too obsessed with his dumb campaign promises (which didn't include that) to do it. Meanwhile, dams are nearly collapsing, bridges are failing, so much of the concrete build of America is entirely neglected. But we'd much rather wave flags to go after ISIS or build walls or any other number of non-priority things than turn our attention to our own goddamn crumbling infrastructure.

Apparently Obama did try and it looks like Trump will try.

Republican fiscal hawks in Congress shot down an economic stimulus program built on infrastructure work when Obama was the person proposing it, and Trump faces similar resistance.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-14/how-trump-might-try-to-fix-bridges-and-highways-quicktake-q-a

GoBigBlue88
02-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Apparently Obama did try and it looks like Trump will try.

Republican fiscal hawks in Congress shot down an economic stimulus program built on infrastructure work when Obama was the person proposing it, and Trump faces similar resistance.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-14/how-trump-might-try-to-fix-bridges-and-highways-quicktake-q-a

Ugh, Congress...

Thanks for sharing. Interesting read.

Colts And Orioles
02-18-2017, 03:53 PM
o

We could try to level the playing field by constantly calling Donald Trump a cunt.

An eye for an eye, and a cunt for a cunt.

sherck
02-18-2017, 05:37 PM
GBB88, I really don't want to live in the fantasy land you call reality

It is a cold, dark dreary place.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Puck
02-18-2017, 06:28 PM

Curious. Since you are being pretty judgmental on this. What is your definition of cunt?

omahacolt
02-18-2017, 07:46 PM
GBB88, I really don't want to live in the fantasy land you call reality

It is a cold, dark dreary place.

Cheers,

What he said was mostly accurate

sherck
02-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Then the two of you can live on that island together.

Cheers,

omahacolt
02-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Then the two of you can live on that island together.

Cheers,

the island where facts exist? yeah dude. that is where we live

obviously you can't refute anything gbb said. your boy trump is an embarrassment. you might want to jump over to the right side of history here buddy.

sherck
02-18-2017, 09:33 PM
Didnt vote for him. Dont support him. Think he will be a disaster.

But the Dims have nothing but poverty, dependancy, failure and totalitarianism in their vision of the future.

Cheers,

GoBigBlue88
02-19-2017, 12:04 AM
Didnt vote for him. Dont support him. Think he will be a disaster.

But the Dims have nothing but poverty, dependancy, failure and totalitarianism in their vision of the future.

Cheers,

Yup that's a totally fact-based, rational perspective :rolleyes:

Also I'm not a Democrat.

GoBigBlue88
02-19-2017, 12:06 AM
Curious. Since you are being pretty judgmental on this. What is your definition of cunt?

Uh, not something you call a woman? Because you don't like her?

Is this ... is this really, like, something that needs to be said? Are there really this many people on ColtFreaks that need this remedial humanity explained to them? What the fuck?

Brylok
02-19-2017, 01:21 AM
The fact is, half of the (voting) population lost it's mind when a black man was elected twice. There was no way in hell they'd allow a woman to follow after that. They instead voted for a vulgar, unqualified, treasonous conman with literal neo-nazis in his administration. And they are proud of it. This will not end well. This country is screwed.

GoBigBlue88
02-19-2017, 11:05 AM
The fact is, half of the (voting) population lost it's mind when a black man was elected twice. There was no way in hell they'd allow a woman to follow after that. They instead voted for a vulgar, unqualified, treasonous conman with literal neo-nazis in his administration. And they are proud of it. This will not end well. This country is screwed.

If I'm going to fact-check the Trump Rationalizers here, have to also check: literal neo-Nazis? Referring to Bannon/Breitbart? I think you can tie Bannon to editorial support of alt-right philosophy, but he's not, for example, Milo Yiannopoulus (if you were referring to Bannon).

The treasonous label feels likely, given there are several uncontested ties between Trump-affiliated individuals and Russia. How much he knew/knows, though, I think is up for debate. I'd totally buy that Trump is more manipulatee than manipulator when it comes to his campaign's relationship with Russia. Still makes it likely he's, to some degree, treasonous. And it's no coincidence that Wikileaks coincided targeted leaks with the exact beats of his campaign on those days (Trump's advisors 100 percent coordinated with Wikileaks to strategically leak, which ties in with Russia's direct criminal act of obtaining the emails/info in the first place).

Can't argue vulgar and unqualified though.

The thing I don't get about this "WE GOTTA MOVE ON FROM OBAMA!" or "OBAMA RUINED THIS COUNTRY!" is that Obama objectively took one of the worst climates a President has ever inherited (economy in the tubes, unemployment trending toward Depression levels) and completely turned it around. Put the economy back in the black in a major way, reduced unemployment to an afterthought, handed Trump the keys to a DJIA (and I know, I know, the DJIA is a terrible marker of overall economic success, but just using an example since Trump loves to tie his impact to the Dow) knocking on the door of 20,000.

He did that, of course, while withdrawing troops from the clusterfuck Dubya left us in in the Middle East, restoring America's respectability on an international stage, and keeping America safe from mass-scale foreign terrorist attacks (because, of course, we ignore the crazy white American citizens who commit terrorist attacks at the business end of automatic weaponry in this country...)

FAR from perfect, and he did some really scary shit with furthering of the Patriot Act, took a foolish stance on Snowden, was caught spying on allies in a really dumb and obvious way, and was way too soft on corporate criminals throughout. But overall: I don't see the trash heap so many Trump supporters seem to witness.

Trump's campaign played on this fear that America was in the shitter, that we were in huge trouble, losing our jobs, unsafe, being taken advantage of, etc. And I think that fear campaign really got to people. So there must be something to that -- some legitimate fear he was tapping into that shouldn't be ignored. But I guess I just don't fully understand what that fear is, and would love if someone from the other side could explain just what Trump is "rescuing" us from.

rcubed
02-19-2017, 03:56 PM
But but but... obamacare!

Colts And Orioles
02-19-2017, 07:07 PM

o

Yes.

George Carlin once said, “Think of how dumb the average person is, and realize that half of them are even dumber than that.”

The is one example of how fucking dumb the American public is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6m7pWEMPlA

o

omahacolt
02-19-2017, 09:28 PM
If I'm going to fact-check the Trump Rationalizers here, have to also check: literal neo-Nazis? Referring to Bannon/Breitbart? I think you can tie Bannon to editorial support of alt-right philosophy, but he's not, for example, Milo Yiannopoulus (if you were referring to Bannon).

The treasonous label feels likely, given there are several uncontested ties between Trump-affiliated individuals and Russia. How much he knew/knows, though, I think is up for debate. I'd totally buy that Trump is more manipulatee than manipulator when it comes to his campaign's relationship with Russia. Still makes it likely he's, to some degree, treasonous. And it's no coincidence that Wikileaks coincided targeted leaks with the exact beats of his campaign on those days (Trump's advisors 100 percent coordinated with Wikileaks to strategically leak, which ties in with Russia's direct criminal act of obtaining the emails/info in the first place).

Can't argue vulgar and unqualified though.

The thing I don't get about this "WE GOTTA MOVE ON FROM OBAMA!" or "OBAMA RUINED THIS COUNTRY!" is that Obama objectively took one of the worst climates a President has ever inherited (economy in the tubes, unemployment trending toward Depression levels) and completely turned it around. Put the economy back in the black in a major way, reduced unemployment to an afterthought, handed Trump the keys to a DJIA (and I know, I know, the DJIA is a terrible marker of overall economic success, but just using an example since Trump loves to tie his impact to the Dow) knocking on the door of 20,000.

He did that, of course, while withdrawing troops from the clusterfuck Dubya left us in in the Middle East, restoring America's respectability on an international stage, and keeping America safe from mass-scale foreign terrorist attacks (because, of course, we ignore the crazy white American citizens who commit terrorist attacks at the business end of automatic weaponry in this country...)

FAR from perfect, and he did some really scary shit with furthering of the Patriot Act, took a foolish stance on Snowden, was caught spying on allies in a really dumb and obvious way, and was way too soft on corporate criminals throughout. But overall: I don't see the trash heap so many Trump supporters seem to witness.

Trump's campaign played on this fear that America was in the shitter, that we were in huge trouble, losing our jobs, unsafe, being taken advantage of, etc. And I think that fear campaign really got to people. So there must be something to that -- some legitimate fear he was tapping into that shouldn't be ignored. But I guess I just don't fully understand what that fear is, and would love if someone from the other side could explain just what Trump is "rescuing" us from.
the fear is easy to understand.

old white people and uneducated white people fearing that blacks and mexicans are going to disrupt how great they have had it for hundreds of years.

that is why there is trump

Colt Classic
02-19-2017, 10:58 PM

old white people and uneducated white people fearing that blacks and mexicans are going to disrupt how great they have had it for hundreds of years.

It's always the white man's fault. Poor guy.

omahacolt
02-19-2017, 11:37 PM
It's always the white man's fault. Poor guy.

yeah

pretty much. or have you not read a history book

Puck
02-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Uh, not something you call a woman? Because you don't like her?

Is this ... is this really, like, something that needs to be said? Are there really this many people on ColtFreaks that need this remedial humanity explained to them? What the fuck?

Is it different than calling a woman a bitch? or a guy a dick or a prick?

Just curious why you singled out cunt.

Why is so much more offensive?

I think the reason you are having an issue answering is because you really dont have an answer.

Brylok
02-20-2017, 04:00 PM

Stephen Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller. There are probably more lurking in the shadows. Milo isn't a neo-nazi. He's an awful human but he's basically a professional troll. He's found a way to make a good living for free. His entire income is from donations from his fans. He's also gay, and not white.

GoBigBlue88
02-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Stephen Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller. There are probably more lurking in the shadows. Milo isn't a neo-nazi. He's an awful human but he's basically a professional troll. He's found a way to make a good living for free. His entire income is from donations from his fans. He's also gay, and not white.

Milo is a walking contradiction but you're right -- it boils down to him being a troll. Any other logic doesn't really matter. It's sad how far trolling gets you in 2017 America.

GoBigBlue88
02-20-2017, 05:37 PM

I think the reason you are having an issue answering is because you really dont have an answer.

Dude, is this really a hill you want to die on?

rcubed
02-20-2017, 05:55 PM

You are correct, its just a word.

However, I have known many women that dont mind being called names, bitch or whatever. But I have never met one that is ok with cunt. Not sure they really have an explanation either. It is what it is.

Puck
02-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Dude, is this really a hill you want to die on?

I knew you didnt have an answer

Puck
02-20-2017, 06:53 PM
You are correct, its just a word.

However, I have known many women that dont mind being called names, bitch or whatever. But I have never met one that is ok with cunt. Not sure they really have an explanation either. It is what it is.

Agree

Spike
02-20-2017, 08:16 PM

The reality is that democrats didn't turn out to vote for Hillary. If you look at the graph, Trump got less republican votes than the previous two elections. Blame is on Hillary and the democrats. Even her own party didn't want her elected. And this is why there is a Trump in the WH and it has nothing to do with the fear you are talking about. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of your racist view.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/09/graph-shows-hillary-clinton-lost-democrats-vote.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/omribenshahar/2016/11/17/the-non-voters-who-decided-the-election-trump-won-because-of-lower-democratic-turnout/#1e7ceb9540a1

omahacolt
02-20-2017, 09:28 PM
The reality is that democrats didn't turn out to vote for Hillary. If you look at the graph, Trump got less republican votes than the previous two elections. Blame is on Hillary and the democrats. Even her own party didn't want her elected. And this is why there is a Trump in the WH and it has nothing to do with the fear you are talking about. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of your racist view.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/09/graph-shows-hillary-clinton-lost-democrats-vote.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/omribenshahar/2016/11/17/the-non-voters-who-decided-the-election-trump-won-because-of-lower-democratic-turnout/#1e7ceb9540a1
i understand that hillary was a terrible candidate.

but you are fucking kidding me if you think race doesn't play a role with trump and a god damn huge role.

people like to hide from it and i always wonder what they do for a living? where do they go? because daily i see people saying horrific racist shit.

Brylok
02-21-2017, 02:09 AM
Milo is a walking contradiction but you're right -- it boils down to him being a troll. Any other logic doesn't really matter. It's sad how far trolling gets you in 2017 America.

It's more sad that the Republican party has turned politics into a my-team-versus-your-team type of sporting event. They now support a vulgar, Russian agent conman as POTUS. The latest reports I've read state that Trump was recruited by the Russians way back in 1986. Putin recently had Trump's recruiter killed. They're trying to get rid of the ties to his treason. I'm no Reagan fan, but he must be spinning in his grave right now, if corpses could spin.

GoBigBlue88
02-21-2017, 09:01 AM
It's more sad that the Republican party has turned politics into a my-team-versus-your-team type of sporting event. They now support a vulgar, Russian agent conman as POTUS. The latest reports I've read state that Trump was recruited by the Russians way back in 1986. Putin recently had Trump's recruiter killed. They're trying to get rid of the ties to his treason. I'm no Reagan fan, but he must be spinning in his grave right now, if corpses could spin.

Are the Democrats any less guilty of that divide, though? Believe me, I personally think GOP obstructionism is a huge reason we find ourselves in many of the sinkholes we do now (AKA the butchering of Obamacare from its original form).

But during Hillary's campaign, it was still, more or less, "us versus the deplorables". Now, Hillary had a little more ground to stand on there because a lot of the Trump groundswell was literally Russian trolls hiding being anonymous social media accounts, stoking fires and generating buzz around their candidate so as to most sully (through memes, of all things) Hillary's name, while keeping Trump hypervisible.

It was still presented as the good guys vs the bad guys though.

I feel contradictory talking/typing about Trump/this political environment, because I really do believe this election is such an outlier in American history. Whereas I never believed in a "wrong" candidate in past elections, I really do believe Trump was the wrong guy elected for the wrong reasons in this one.

It sounds contradictory, I know, but I still feel that while trying to be mindful of partisan divide and realizing the only way to really maximize what America can be is to get everyone to agree that A) we need to be better working together on many things and B) we probably shouldn't elect self-serving, incompetent, ratings/election results-obsessed lunatics to office and expect a better America.

GoBigBlue88
02-21-2017, 09:03 AM
I knew you didnt have an answer

If you don't see the difference between calling a woman the c-word, and calling a guy a dick, I can't help you. And if you can't see why it's problematic that angry white men are out there calling Clinton a c-word above all else, with no real substance to stand on besides their own hate and misogyny, I really can't help you.

Brylok
02-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Are the Democrats any less guilty of that divide, though? Believe me, I personally think GOP obstructionism is a huge reason we find ourselves in many of the sinkholes we do now (AKA the butchering of Obamacare from its original form).

But during Hillary's campaign, it was still, more or less, "us versus the deplorables". Now, Hillary had a little more ground to stand on there because a lot of the Trump groundswell was literally Russian trolls hiding being anonymous social media accounts, stoking fires and generating buzz around their candidate so as to most sully (through memes, of all things) Hillary's name, while keeping Trump hypervisible.

It was still presented as the good guys vs the bad guys though.

I feel contradictory talking/typing about Trump/this political environment, because I really do believe this election is such an outlier in American history. Whereas I never believed in a "wrong" candidate in past elections, I really do believe Trump was the wrong guy elected for the wrong reasons in this one.

It sounds contradictory, I know, but I still feel that while trying to be mindful of partisan divide and realizing the only way to really maximize what America can be is to get everyone to agree that A) we need to be better working together on many things and B) we probably shouldn't elect self-serving, incompetent, ratings/election results-obsessed lunatics to office and expect a better America.

Instead of using the term "deplorables", Hillary should have just called them "white supremacists and neo-nazis". Call them what they are. He'll, we fought a world war against their type of thinking before. Their platform has already been ruled unacceptable, and they simply aren't deserving of equal time. There would be fewer idiots on twitter if they had to post under 'NeonaziMike' instead of 'DeplorableMike' etc.

rcubed
02-21-2017, 12:49 PM
i understand that hillary was a terrible candidate.

but you are fucking kidding me if you think race doesn't play a role with trump and a god damn huge role.

people like to hide from it and i always wonder what they do for a living? where do they go? because daily i see people saying horrific racist shit.

It was interesting that once trump's campaign started gaining traction it became "ok" to start spouting racist or borderline-racist commentary. They are out there, this was their opportunity to start being more vocal.

sherck
02-21-2017, 02:13 PM
For the most part, I have decided that I need to stay out of any political topic on this board. However, I was reading an article today and I felt like the below quotes were pretty dead on:
The goal of democratic politics is to ensure a just government, and the purpose of a just government is to secure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. On November 8, millions of Americans ensured a just government—yet again—through a legitimate election and the peaceful transfer of power.

Not everyone is happy with the results, of course, but that doesn’t mean we live under a tyranny. Until there’s some credible sign of impending tyranny, beyond having either a Democrat or a Republican being in power, Americans of all political persuasions need to get on with the more important business of pursuing happiness.

Poetry Is More Important Than Politics

The Founding Fathers understood this from the beginning. John Adams knew he had to engage in politics to preserve liberty for future generations. But in the hierarchy of human pursuits, politics ranked low:

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain.

What a reversal we see today, when so much of our popular culture, from music to television to “literary” fiction, is political. That’s not just because so much of it references politics, but because so much of it is created specifically to convey a political message.

There’s a danger in all of this. When politics becomes the most important thing in life, it’s easy to lose respect for everyone outside your political faction. This is what’s happening in America right now. The election did not make it so, but it has shined a light on the trend.

That’s not normal or healthy. When you lose respect for your fellow citizens over an election, when you break ties with family and friends over it, you’re not just saying you won’t share a meal or a conversation with them; you’re saying you won’t share a country with them.

Keep it classy, Freaks. Even though I don't agree with some of you, I still want to talk Colts will all of you.

Cheers,

smitty46953
02-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Yes, it is a shame when politics dominate a Colts board ...
Like him or not he is what he is... I say give him a chance ... If he ends up a total screw up he will be gone in a tad less than 4 years... :cool:

Now back to bashing the Pats and the rest of the AFC South... :cool:

sherck
02-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Yes, it is a shame when politics dominate a Colts board ...
Like him or not he is what he is... I say give him a chance ... If he ends up a total screw up he will be gone in a tad less than 4 years... :cool:

Now back to bashing the Pats and the rest of the AFC South... :cool:

Heh. I was giving a briefing today and the IT guy was having an issue bringing up my PowerPoint slides so I was trying to keep things light and make conservation.

I asked how many of the 40 odd folks in the room were happy about the Pats winning the SB and only one person raised their hand. Born in Boston, of course.

But, afterwards, I had like six folks come up and indicate that they really hated the Pats.

Anyway, I don't think there are as many Pats fans as would justify their massive presence on all sports related talk shows.

Cheers,

Puck
02-21-2017, 09:09 PM
If you don't see the difference between calling a woman the c-word, and calling a guy a dick, I can't help you. And if you can't see why it's problematic that angry white men are out there calling Clinton a c-word above all else, with no real substance to stand on besides their own hate and misogyny, I really can't help you.

Why do you think it's only angry WHITE men doing this? Again define cunt for me so I can see if I find real substance to stand behind my thinking...

It's funny I'm not even talking politics.... I just want GBB to admit he is being ridiculously judgemental deciding what I or anyone else can think in deciding what we see as the difference between a Saint and a cunt.

If cunt is so bad should this be the ONLY banned word on this board?

You are really bad at this

Pez
02-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Instead of using the term "deplorables", Hillary should have just called them "white supremacists and neo-nazis". Call them what they are. He'll, we fought a world war against their type of thinking before. Their platform has already been ruled unacceptable, and they simply aren't deserving of equal time. There would be fewer idiots on twitter if they had to post under 'NeonaziMike' instead of 'DeplorableMike' etc.

She shouldn't have called them anything, she shouldn't have mentioned them at all. What purpose could possibly be served by insulting Americans? "Oh, Hillary Clinton hates me, maybe I should vote for her..."

Trump more or less handed Hillary the high ground and dared her to walk on it. She didn't do it and she failed.

There's a scenario in my head where Trump has an epic meltdown and falls flat on his face, and the disaster that follows is what ends the completely illogical polarization that is killing this country.

I know I'm late to this thread, but it's important to see all the details... Trump is a magician, he wants us to look at something so we dont see something else. For instance, he wants liberals to focus on travel bans that look like he hates muslims, or deportation orders that everyone knows are logistically impossible.

Meanwhile, an executive order rescinds the stream rules that called for:

1. no coal mines within 100 feet of a stream (just over three first downs)
2. any coal mines that have polluted a stream have to clean it up
3. streams near coal mines must be tested before, during and after mining operations

The coal mining industry gave $13.5 million dollars to conservative candidates last year, including $70,000 to Paul Ryan himself.

Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see here....

Brylok
02-23-2017, 12:21 AM
She shouldn't have called them anything, she shouldn't have mentioned them at all. What purpose could possibly be served by insulting Americans? "Oh, Hillary Clinton hates me, maybe I should vote for her..."

Trump more or less handed Hillary the high ground and dared her to walk on it. She didn't do it and she failed.

There's a scenario in my head where Trump has an epic meltdown and falls flat on his face, and the disaster that follows is what ends the completely illogical polarization that is killing this country.

I know I'm late to this thread, but it's important to see all the details... Trump is a magician, he wants us to look at something so we dont see something else. For instance, he wants liberals to focus on travel bans that look like he hates muslims, or deportation orders that everyone knows are logistically impossible.

Meanwhile, an executive order rescinds the stream rules that called for:

1. no coal mines within 100 feet of a stream (just over three first downs)
2. any coal mines that have polluted a stream have to clean it up
3. streams near coal mines must be tested before, during and after mining operations

The coal mining industry gave $13.5 million dollars to conservative candidates last year, including $70,000 to Paul Ryan himself.

Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see here....

I'm not going to argue with any of that. You're right. The Democrats once again pulled defeat from the jaws of victory. Trump is a distraction from what is going on in the background, but he's still a dangerous cult of personality. My biggest fear is for the country/republic/democracy itself. I'm afraid that the political divide is too big and too bitter to ever be bridged. More than half of the electorate doesn't bother, and the remaining people are split in half and hate each other. It's a perfect recipe for disaster and I think it's coming. I'm hoping for the best but... Yikes.

Pez
02-23-2017, 02:47 PM
It's really hard to be optimistic. I've been blowing up Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel's twitter feeds. They are both cowards, happily smiling as we exhume Joseph McCarthy.

rcubed
02-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Sean Spicer held his daily briefing in-formally in his office (called a gaggle) today. The WH picked the news outlets allowed in when the pool was expanded. They blocked CNN, NY Times, LA Times.

Suppression of a free press is not right.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/media-outlets-accuse-white-house-blocking-certain-press-from-covering-event.html

omahacolt
02-24-2017, 07:05 PM
Sean Spicer held his daily briefing in-formally in his office (called a gaggle) today. They WH picked the news outlets allowed in. They blocked CNN, NY Times, LA Times.

Suppression of a free press is not right.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/index.html

a complete and utter shit show

the dude is a man baby and has no desire to do things by the constitution

GoBigBlue88
02-24-2017, 09:33 PM
But hey, emails. Benghazi. Obamacare. Something something.

Brylok
02-25-2017, 12:37 AM
a complete and utter shit show

the dude is a man baby and has no desire to do things by the constitution

He doesn't give a shit about the constitution. He considers himself 'leader' now. And his followers do, too. If something isn't done, and soon, our period as a democratic republic will be over.

rcubed
02-25-2017, 01:46 AM
But hey, emails. Benghazi. Obamacare. Something something.

Obamacare does not belong in that list

GoBigBlue88
02-25-2017, 01:58 AM
Obamacare does not belong in that list

Not looping it with the others as comparable. Saying it's one of three things most Trump supporters couldn't stop talking about, failing to see the bigger picture of anything.

Of course the Obamacare discussion is a whole 'nother can of worms.

nate505
02-25-2017, 02:15 AM
So Spicer has intimated that the Feds will crack down on the legal weed laws in the states that legalized weed recreationally.

This seems like an odd political move to me. For one, the GOP and conservatives profess to be for state's rights. This seems to be opposite to that position. For two, Trump himself said this was a state's rights issue when he was campaigning. He would come across as a liar if he let this happened. For three, the latest polls for the past 2-3 years (yes, I know, in TrumpLand all polls are fake, but anyways) have shown that the majority of this country agrees with legalization in general, and a larger majority shows that even if people don't agree with legalization they believe it's a state's rights issue (which would be consistent with the conservative position).

So I'm just missing the boat here on why he'd do this. Politically it seems like a stupid move to me. I guess the only way it sorta makes sense is that other than Alaska all the states that have recreational weed voted against him, so perhaps he is that petty.

GoBigBlue88
02-25-2017, 09:59 AM
So Spicer has intimated that the Feds will crack down on the legal weed laws in the states that legalized weed recreationally.

This seems like an odd political move to me. For one, the GOP and conservatives profess to be for state's rights. This seems to be opposite to that position. For two, Trump himself said this was a state's rights issue when he was campaigning. He would come across as a liar if he let this happened. For three, the latest polls for the past 2-3 years (yes, I know, in TrumpLand all polls are fake, but anyways) have shown that the majority of this country agrees with legalization in general, and a larger majority shows that even if people don't agree with legalization they believe it's a state's rights issue (which would be consistent with the conservative position).

So I'm just missing the boat here on why he'd do this. Politically it seems like a stupid move to me. I guess the only way it sorta makes sense is that other than Alaska all the states that have recreational weed voted against him, so perhaps he is that petty.

Because the man has zero consistency to his logic (where there is any logic). He's making abortion and transgender bathroom laws states rights issues, with weed having federal oversight. And guns ... heh.

It still remains the most insane to me that there are Conservatives who feel A) Trump is representative of them/their values and B) Trump is really something they want to tie their careers (GOP politicians) or country's future (GOP base) to.

omahacolt
02-25-2017, 10:40 AM

big pharma is getting to him.

you really think politicians stand for anything other than what their big corporate backers want?

omahacolt
02-25-2017, 10:41 AM
and i always find it hilarious when trump supporters say he has a bunch of money and can't be bought.

do you know what rich people love more than anything? more money.

Mr. Session
02-25-2017, 09:12 PM

This jumped out to me too. I just read something about 150,000 jobs being created in this niche.

I took my wife to Denver last November (I live in Atlanta). Honestly, My jaw hit the ground when I watched people walk in and out of those recreational dispensaries like it was a liquor store. I watched one guy walk down the street with a brown paper bag full of trees, or cookies, or whatever - and it's no problem. If the same guy is walking with the same bag here in Atlanta - his life might be fucked if APD stops him.

It was fascinating for me personally because I had never experienced something like this before. My family moved from Indianapolis when I was 14, and I've spent close to the last 13 years here in Atlanta. Outside of your basic deep south race relations stuff, Indiana and Georgia aren't that much different when it comes to every day people and every day life. But Colorado, and Denver specifically, gave me a feeling like I was in an entirely different country. People in Colorado are doing this shit for fun, and people where I'm from are doing it in fear (even the parents that have to illegally go out of state to obtain medicinal forms of cannabis for their children because Georgia will only allow absurdly weak (potency) forms.).

These people in Colorado had liberties (even over their own bodies) that I am not afforded in my home. And they voted for these liberties and decided as a state this is how they wanted to operate. Friction was probably inevitable because Sessions has always made it clear how he felt about Marijuana, but Trump said he felt it should be up to the states.

Does the white house actually intend to go out here and start hitting these legal spots? And for the conservatives out there that perceive Marijuana to be a non issue, what happened to your respect for state rights? I can understand someone saying they don't agree with Marijuana legalization; I can't understand the hypocrisy of suggesting a state doesn't have the right to choose how they operate here.

omahacolt
02-26-2017, 12:31 AM
He doesn't give a shit about the constitution. He considers himself 'leader' now. And his followers do, too. If something isn't done, and soon, our period as a democratic republic will be over.

i wouldn't go that far. he is donald trump. he won't end the country. i don't give him that much credit

omahacolt
02-26-2017, 12:34 AM
This jumped out to me too. I just read something about 150,000 jobs being created in this niche.

I took my wife to Denver last November (I live in Atlanta). Honestly, My jaw hit the ground when I watched people walk in and out of those recreational dispensaries like it was a liquor store. I watched one guy walk down the street with a brown paper bag full of trees, or cookies, or whatever - and it's no problem. If the same guy is walking with the same bag here in Atlanta - his life might be fucked if APD stops him.

It was fascinating for me personally because I had never experienced something like this before. My family moved from Indianapolis when I was 14, and I've spent close to the last 13 years here in Atlanta. Outside of your basic deep south race relations stuff, Indiana and Georgia aren't that much different when it comes to every day people and every day life. But Colorado, and Denver specifically, gave me a feeling like I was in an entirely different country. People in Colorado are doing this shit for fun, and people where I'm from are doing it in fear (even the parents that have to illegally go out of state to obtain medicinal forms of cannabis for their children because Georgia will only allow absurdly weak (potency) forms.).

These people in Colorado had liberties (even over their own bodies) that I am not afforded in my home. And they voted for these liberties and decided as a state this is how they wanted to operate. Friction was probably inevitable because Sessions has always made it clear how he felt about Marijuana, but Trump said he felt it should be up to the states.

Does the white house actually intend to go out here and start hitting these legal spots? And for the conservatives out there that perceive Marijuana to be a non issue, what happened to your respect for state rights? I can understand someone saying they don't agree with Marijuana legalization; I can't understand the hypocrisy of suggesting a state doesn't have the right to choose how they operate here.

of course the government (republicans) want to go after weed. big pharma wants them to. they pay good money. weed is fucking with their profit margins.

good post dude. i just have to ask though. how the fuck can you live in atlanta? that place is so overpopulated i don't see how people do it.

Colts And Orioles
02-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Of course the government (Republicans) want to go after weed. Big pharma wants them to. They pay good money. Weed is fucking with their profit margins.

good post dude. i just have to ask though. how the fuck can you live in atlanta? that place is so overpopulated i don't see how people do it.

o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66OV_DkPBFQ&t=7s

o

Lov2fish
02-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Pretty clear where I stand on Hillary so I won't beat that horse again. The federal government is overstepping it's constitutional power. Weed, public education and several other areas should be dictated by each state. Big pharma is just as guilty for insurance cost as any other factor. I understand developing new drugs cost money, but how can they justify selling cancer drugs that cost more than people make in a month for years on end? How long does it really take to recoup their money? I'll bet not nearly as long as they bend us over chairs and dry hump the shit out of you. It's why they have such strong lobbying factions @ the capitol. They don't want their golden hen taken away by something so simple people can grow it in their backyard.

Contrary to what some of you think, not that I truly give a shit. I am not a republican and I am not anti-democrat. I am anti big government party be damned. You're entitled to absolutely nothing that you can't provide for yourself. I will never waiver from that belief. Our forefathers gave us this beautiful new country, and in 241 short years the mentality of tribal political party system broke it.

rcubed
02-27-2017, 12:22 PM
I understand developing new drugs cost money, but how can they justify selling cancer drugs that cost more than people make in a month for years on end? How long does it really take to recoup their money? I'll bet not nearly as long as they bend us over chairs and dry hump the shit out of you. .

I dont think you do understand. My wife works for a big pharma company. She busted her ass to get a PhD so she could make medicines to help people. It takes on average 12-20 years do get a drug to market (depending on the complexity of the drug). There are hundreds to thousands of people that work to get that done and can cost billions (current average is $2.56B). A drug patent only last 20 years then other companies can make knock off generics, capitalizing on the work of others. So a company that invested a huge sum of money only has 20 years of exclusive rights to recoup that cost, after that their income from that drug plummets.

Also, hospitals administering the cancer medications are who is really charging you the money. They have to pay their doctors, nurses, staff etc. When someone gets cancer treatment they are paying into the medical infrastructure, not just for the drug.

Lastly remember that these companies and hospitals are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. These are for profit entities in our capitalist society. They provide a product or service that requires highly specialized professionals from the basic research that starts off creating these drugs through the medical staff that administer them. If companies can't recoup their cost (and make a profit) they will go out of business. Who will make the next set of drugs that people need? Go over to some shit run state medical program if you have cancer and see if you are happier with their system (who by the way often use US created medication).

BTW, my wife has had cancer twice so not only is she working on developing these drugs, she has been on the receiving end of the whole process as well.

sherck
02-27-2017, 12:58 PM
I dont think you do understand....
Well said.

I have family members who work for Lilly in Indy in various parts of the company.

The one in research told me this past Christmas that they had almost 600 drugs in the developmental pipeline and their projections indicate that, perhaps, 30 will end up making it to market. Of those 30, no more than 5 will be high sellers with the potential to "pay" for the other 595 drugs that did not make it to market or that do not sell well.

Look at drug research in Europe right now, it is basically dead. Socialized medicine has taken the profit motivation out of the equation and companies cannot take the risk required to manufacture new drugs because their success rate is so small. Most of the "new' drugs coming out of European drug companies are derivatives of already researched and successful drugs that can be modified for a specific purpose way, way cheaper than new drugs can be developed.

But, hey, folks are just going to keep blaming "someone" for whatever they don't like in the world. It always has to be someone else's fault.

Good post, rcubed. Well played.

Cheers,

Lov2fish
02-27-2017, 02:36 PM
I dont think you do understand. My wife works for a big pharma company. She busted her ass to get a PhD so she could make medicines to help people. It takes on average 12-20 years do get a drug to market (depending on the complexity of the drug). There are hundreds to thousands of people that work to get that done and can cost billions (current average is $2.56B). A drug patent only last 20 years then other companies can make knock off generics, capitalizing on the work of others. So a company that invested a huge sum of money only has 20 years of exclusive rights to recoup that cost, after that their income from that drug plummets.

Also, hospitals administering the cancer medications are who is really charging you the money. They have to pay their doctors, nurses, staff etc. When someone gets cancer treatment they are paying into the medical infrastructure, not just for the drug.

Lastly remember that these companies and hospitals are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. These are for profit entities in our capitalist society. They provide a product or service that requires highly specialized professionals from the basic research that starts off creating these drugs through the medical staff that administer them. If companies can't recoup their cost (and make a profit) they will go out of business. Who will make the next set of drugs that people need? Go over to some shit run state medical program if you have cancer and see if you are happier with their system (who by the way often use US created medication).

BTW, my wife has had cancer twice so not only is she working on developing these drugs, she has been on the receiving end of the whole process as well.

I appreciate that insight. I have no idea how the drug development works. I was painting with a very broad brush of speculation shaded with greed. However, why not approve a plant that has shown remarkable capabilities on the disease that people can literally grow in their yard? It doesn't make any sense that the government will throw you in jail for possession of it for years, but get drunk and kill someone and you're out in 6 months. The point being alcohol is way worse for you than weed. Now the kicker, I am defending a drug I don't use. The rewards far outweigh risk. But hey, it's the government they know whats best for us. Them in charge of everything, what could possibly go wrong?

rcubed
02-27-2017, 02:49 PM
I appreciate that insight. I have no idea how the drug development works. I was painting with a very broad brush of speculation ...

It's interesting what happens when people start "painting with a broad brush of speculation." Leads to all sorts of things, often wrong and not good.

I agree with you on the pot laws.

sherck
02-27-2017, 03:23 PM
IMO, the issue with pot laws are the same with alcohol laws. Both impair your ability to make good decisions in rapid situations (i.e. driving) and both need to be regulated in order to try and prevent harm from that situation. You often just don't harm yourself in those situations.

The biggest issue? It is fairly hard for anyone besides a hard core alcoholic to mask the signs of alcohol impairment. However, with MJ acting in much more subdued ways physically, it is easier to mask the impairment when under its influence.

And, unfortunately, people under the influence of either rarely have the ability to decide when they are impaired so as to use it responsibly so then tragedy can happen.

I think the glue is out of the bottle and that MJ will be legalized across the nation within a decade. But, with states now wanting to get into the tax revenue of it, there is no going backwards.

I have never wanted to smoke it (due to having a security clearance since I was 21 years old and in junior ROTC / college ROTC for the 8 years prior to that) but I don't really have an issue with anyone else doing so AS LONG AS IT IS RESPONSIBLE AND LEGAL.

Cheers,

omahacolt
02-27-2017, 06:29 PM
IMO, the issue with pot laws are the same with alcohol laws. Both impair your ability to make good decisions in rapid situations (i.e. driving) and both need to be regulated in order to try and prevent harm from that situation. You often just don't harm yourself in those situations.

The biggest issue? It is fairly hard for anyone besides a hard core alcoholic to mask the signs of alcohol impairment. However, with MJ acting in much more subdued ways physically, it is easier to mask the impairment when under its influence.

And, unfortunately, people under the influence of either rarely have the ability to decide when they are impaired so as to use it responsibly so then tragedy can happen.

I think the glue is out of the bottle and that MJ will be legalized across the nation within a decade. But, with states now wanting to get into the tax revenue of it, there is no going backwards.

I have never wanted to smoke it (due to having a security clearance since I was 21 years old and in junior ROTC / college ROTC for the 8 years prior to that) but I don't really have an issue with anyone else doing so AS LONG AS IT IS RESPONSIBLE AND LEGAL.

Cheers,

it will have to go state per state. trump is saddled up with big pharma. and there is no way in 10 years a backwards ass state like nebraska is going to do it.

smitty46953
02-27-2017, 07:54 PM
This thread looks like a Trump haters circle jerk ... :cool:

omahacolt
02-27-2017, 07:58 PM

everyone should be a trump hater

he has zero redeeming qualities

GoBigBlue88
02-27-2017, 10:28 PM

Well, if there's nothing to celebrate, and he's a gross human being...

It's OK if the shoe fits.

Brylok
03-02-2017, 12:42 AM
And now our Attorney General has been linked to meetings with Russia during the campaign and lied about it during his confirmation hearing. Again, how is this normal? How again is our very democracy not going bye-bye? Fascism is here...for real.

MDcolt
03-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Agreed. the people that voted for Trump for America just blew their wad on a fucking crook who fucks over the middle class, pays no taxes, and wants to lead our country like a strong leader.... Putin, yeah the dude that kills news reporters, invades other countries, just approved a law allowing others to slap the fuck out of others without it being a crime. I am Still shocked that I live in a country with so many ignorant people or crazy assholes. It is insane to me people thought his shit speech was so great last night. In comparison to his insane shit he preached during the campaign, yeah it was at least structured, but still horrible.

And let me just state this to any racist islamophobe that may read this. I am a white male physician. but many "brown" legal immigrants, visa holders etc were affected by this recent travel ban. Including 10 thousand mother fucking doctors. all those. There was not a single sorry, apology, acknowledgment of their colossal fuck up. Just wait until your rights become reduced, I'll be happy to hear what you have to say then

Brylok
03-02-2017, 01:41 AM
Agreed. the people that voted for Trump for America just blew their wad on a fucking crook who fucks over the middle class, pays no taxes, and wants to lead our country like a strong leader.... Putin, yeah the dude that kills news reporters, invades other countries, just approved a law allowing others to slap the fuck out of others without it being a crime. I am Still shocked that I live in a country with so many ignorant people or crazy assholes. It is insane to me people thought his shit speech was so great last night. In comparison to his insane shit he preached during the campaign, yeah it was at least structured, but still horrible.

And let me just state this to any racist islamophobe that may read this. I am a white male physician. but many "brown" legal immigrants, visa holders etc were affected by this recent travel ban. Including 10 thousand mother fucking doctors. all those. There was not a single sorry, apology, acknowledgment of their colossal fuck up. Just wait until your rights become reduced, I'll be happy to hear what you have to say then

Every empire in world history has eventually fallen. If nothing is done, it sure looks like it's our turn. I never thought I'd see the day. My tax return might go towards weapons and ammo.

Pez
03-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Some neat shit I read the other day. Vegas is offering 2:1 odds if you want to bet that he will be impeached. And they are offering 4:1 odds that the golden shower footage will be on youtube....

I also find it very interesting that in his address to congress the other night, he received accolades for sounding normal, even presidential.

How low is the bar when our president receives accolades for, essentially, sounding sane?

Brylok
03-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner also met with Russian officials in December 2016. Is there anyone in the Trump administration that hasn't colluded with the Russians?

GoBigBlue88
03-03-2017, 12:57 PM
And now our Attorney General has been linked to meetings with Russia during the campaign and lied about it during his confirmation hearing. Again, how is this normal? How again is our very democracy not going bye-bye? Fascism is here...for real.

I'm pretty concerned that the GOP has basically co-opted treason. The same GOP that literally tried to dress up Trump like Ronald Reagan at the onset of his campaigning as a Republican.

You could power the entire East Coast with Ronnie's grave-rolling right now.

Puck
03-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Why were all of you so silent with Hillary's criminal activity? What about Obama ?

It wouldnt have matter to most of you who was president as long as it wan't a republican

rcubed
03-03-2017, 01:37 PM
... As long as it wan't trump

Pez
03-03-2017, 02:33 PM
It wouldnt have matter to most of you who was president as long as it wan't a republican

A lot of stereotypical social justice liberals feel this way. I'm just left of center on the whole, have never voted for a republican. I'm pro gun, pro choice, pro single payer, anti union... I'm disgusted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnel in equal amounts.

So yea, I see what you are saying, some people are just ANTI people. If a republican thought of it it's a horrible idea, and part of the obvious right wing conspiracy. Look to Mitch McConnel? Wasnt it the day after the inaguration that he said he wanted Obama to fail and wanted his single most important goal to be to make Obama a one term president? How about Donald Trump himself riding the birth certificate train? Are these the actions of people who want America to succeed?

Like I've posted on McConnel's twitter a hundred times:

Galations 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"

omahacolt
03-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Why were all of you so silent with Hillary's criminal activity? What about Obama ?

it would depend on the republican. i would have no problem voting for a republican if he werent a racist, religiously bigoted, dickwad

omahacolt
03-03-2017, 05:57 PM
A lot of stereotypical social justice liberals feel this way. I'm just left of center on the whole, have never voted for a republican. I'm pro gun, pro choice, pro single payer, anti union... I'm disgusted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnel in equal amounts.

So yea, I see what you are saying, some people are just ANTI people. If a republican thought of it it's a horrible idea, and part of the obvious right wing conspiracy. Look to Mitch McConnel? Wasnt it the day after the inaguration that he said he wanted Obama to fail and wanted his single most important goal to be to make Obama a one term president? How about Donald Trump himself riding the birth certificate train? Are these the actions of people who want America to succeed?

Like I've posted on McConnel's twitter a hundred times:

Galations 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"
why are you anti union? this country needs some strong unions again. corporations have kept pay down for way too long. benefits are eroding.

Colts2006
03-03-2017, 08:55 PM

Nowadays...its all about whether they have a D or an R after their name......

Dam8610
03-03-2017, 10:08 PM

If there was a Republican that represented my political ideology, I'd vote for that person. The likelihood of that happening is roughly the same as the likelihood of the Cleveland Browns winning the Super Bowl next year. Party doesn't really matter to me, ideology does, but the way things are structured currently, ideology and party are very closely tied to one another.

GoBigBlue88
03-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Nowadays...its all about whether they have a D or an R after their name......

No; Trump transcends that. C'mon. You really don't think the reaction would be the same if he identified as Democrat? He's a unique case of trainwreck.

nate505
03-04-2017, 03:28 PM

I agree, and I just don't understand his motivation from a political point of view. Perhaps this is one issue where Trump and Sessions will let their principles win out, even if I personally despise his principles.

nate505
03-04-2017, 03:36 PM

Cheers,

The reason it's difficult to mask someone hammered vs someone stoned is the fact that someone hammered is typically more impaired than the stoned person. It's pretty hard to mask someone stoned to the point they can't function well either.

To put it another way, if someone has like 2-3 beers or whatever and they have a BAC of, say, 0.08 or so they are impaired but enough to mask it. If they drank the whole 12 pack and their BAC is at, say, 0.16 or whatever it becomes more difficult. Same with weed, though there isn't as precise a test to measure active THC levels as opposed to BAC.

While both drugs can have negative effects on a person, I struggle to see how an objective person can say that they are equal. Alcohol is a CNS depressant, and by its nature it makes it impairs motor function. It's why drunk driving is so dangerous compared to almost any other drug. It's hard to operate machinery when your own machinery doesn't operate well.

From a more anecdotal POV, alcohol tends to bring out the violence in people I almost never see with weed. I think most people agree with that. I mean, look at the Parry thread. "He stole a golf cart and punched a guy? What the fuck is his problem? Oh, he was drunk? That explains it."

On your general point (I think) I agree that both need to be regulated.

Mr. Session
03-05-2017, 02:33 AM
The reason it's difficult to mask someone hammered vs someone stoned is the fact that someone hammered is typically more impaired than the stoned person. It's pretty hard to mask someone stoned to the point they can't function well either.

To put it another way, if someone has like 2-3 beers or whatever and they have a BAC of, say, 0.08 or so they are impaired but enough to mask it. If they drank the whole 12 pack and their BAC is at, say, 0.16 or whatever it becomes more difficult. Same with weed, though there isn't as precise a test to measure active THC levels as opposed to BAC.

While both drugs can have negative effects on a person, I struggle to see how an objective person can say that they are equal. Alcohol is a CNS depressant, and by its nature it makes it impairs motor function. It's why drunk driving is so dangerous compared to almost any other drug. It's hard to operate machinery when your own machinery doesn't operate well.

From a more anecdotal POV, alcohol tends to bring out the violence in people I almost never see with weed. I think most people agree with that. I mean, look at the Parry thread. "He stole a golf cart and punched a guy? What the fuck is his problem? Oh, he was drunk? That explains it."

On your general point (I think) I agree that both need to be regulated.

He admitted his experience with/knowledge of the drug is minimal. A lot people who have not been around it very much may feel the same way.

I don't think that warrants a debate in this thread, but I will say that alcohol has been one of the main factors in some of the most violent things I have ever witnessed in life.

Pez
03-06-2017, 03:07 PM
why are you anti union? this country needs some strong unions again. corporations have kept pay down for way too long. benefits are eroding.

Probably anecdotal more than anything. When I was a kid my dad lost two jobs because of closed shop union type stuff.

I guess I'm not really anti-union as much as I am against the labor union infrastructure that surrounds large unions like the AFL-CIO etc... union leaders make tons of cash while doing a questionable job representing their members. Members who are often those in most need of representation.

I agree with you that wage growth and benefit have become stagnant, but I am not that our current labor unions are doing much to fix that.

omahacolt
03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Probably anecdotal more than anything. When I was a kid my dad lost two jobs because of closed shop union type stuff.

I guess I'm not really anti-union as much as I am against the labor union infrastructure that surrounds large unions like the AFL-CIO etc... union leaders make tons of cash while doing a questionable job representing their members. Members who are often those in most need of representation.

I agree with you that wage growth and benefit have become stagnant, but I am not that our current labor unions are doing much to fix that.

what labor unions?

there isn't much left. there are some really good strong unions out there. driving pay up and still bidding work at a very competitive wage so that the customer is still getting good pricing.

Puck
03-06-2017, 07:55 PM
what labor unions?

there isn't much left. there are some really good strong unions out there. driving pay up and still bidding work at a very competitive wage so that the customer is still getting good pricing.

Are you the one that uses the shovel or are you one of the 3 that is just there to lean on the shovel?

omahacolt
03-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Are you the one that uses the shovel or are you one of the 3 that is just there to lean on the shovel?

i have never been in a union. but i have been around a lot of them and that is not how shit is done.

now government workers, absolutely are like that

Pez
03-07-2017, 09:25 AM
what labor unions?

one was the BCTGM, I dont remember the other, it was 35 years ago. My dad made bread and cake for Dolly Madison, which later became interstate brands, which eventually bought hostess...

He started in sanitation and then got axed because the plant became a closed shop and he refused to pay union dues. He was hired again in maintenance and got axed over some weird seniority thing, I was young at the time and don't remember all the details.

Puck
03-07-2017, 01:31 PM
i have never been in a union. but i have been around a lot of them and that is not how shit is done.

now government workers, absolutely are like that

of course you're not in a union... they don't have unions for unemployed street beggars

omahacolt
04-07-2017, 06:51 PM
so yeah.

this dude is still a piece of shit

Dam8610
04-07-2017, 08:02 PM
so yeah.

this dude is still a piece of shit

In other news, water is wet.

Chromeburn
04-17-2017, 03:46 PM
So, I just couldn't see what others saw in Trump. All I saw was a blowhard used car salesman and extreme narcissist. He seemed really under qualified for the job. He just talked louder and insulted more than everyone else. I can understand wanting an outsider to come in and shake up Washington, but this guy seemed crazy to me. I still don't get it and now the guy legitimately seems dangerous. Getting in a staring contest with North Korea could wind up killing millions of people. They can level Seoul, Toyko, Osaka in a day. I don't know, they guy seemed crazy, impulsive and reckless and still seems that way.

GoBigBlue88
05-09-2017, 08:50 AM
But the people still have their guns, which is all that matters to a terrifyingly high percentage of the population. CUZ OBAMA WAS TRYING TO TAKE THEM FROM US YOU KNOW

FatDT
05-10-2017, 01:15 PM
The beginning of the end. Trump and his people are done and it's just a matter of time. You can't just fire the guy investigating you. Especially when the reasons you give are the things you praised the guy for earlier this year. Nixon tried this and it's what brought him down. I don't care who you are. Even the most conservative out there have to look at this and be disgusted.

This is what I and many have been saying all along. Trump is a fraud. He doesn't and never did care about the Republican agenda, or the plight of blue collar workers, or conservative christian values. He is about himself, doing what he wants, and making money. He's not advancing anyone's agenda but his own. He only picked the Republican party because it was the easiest path.

Maybe this can be something that draws partisan people together and we can stop being so polarized. Wouldn't that be something.

GoBigBlue88
05-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Maybe this can be something that draws partisan people together and we can stop being so polarized. Wouldn't that be something.

No way, unfortunately. Too many people are still treating this like a football game. My team/your team. I mean, Trump literally accelerates that philosophy with (hilariously bad) football metaphors.

Brylok
05-10-2017, 03:13 PM
...is currently in a closed door meeting with Lavrov and Kislyak, two of Russians who tampered with the election. American press was not allowed inside. Russian press was. Nothing fishy about any of this, of course.

omahacolt
05-11-2017, 06:59 PM
...is currently in a closed door meeting with Lavrov and Kislyak, two of Russians who tampered with the election. American press was not allowed inside. Russian press was. Nothing fishy about any of this, of course.
nope

nothing at all. this dude is a fucking disaster.

GoBigBlue88
05-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Give him a chance!

Hilary would be worse!

Mexicans!

Guns!

Brylok
05-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Being a constitutional democracy was getting boring anyway. I know! Let's become an authoritarian vassal state of Russia with Trump as Putin's man in charge. #MAGA
This is a catastrophe we might not recover from as a nation.

Racehorse
05-12-2017, 09:15 AM
No way, unfortunately. Too many people are still treating this like a football game. My team/your team. I mean, Trump literally accelerates that philosophy with (hilariously bad) football metaphors.

True! Obama was not as bad as many Republicans claim and Trump will not be nearly as bad as the liberal marshmallows fear.

Pez
05-12-2017, 10:57 AM
I was just going to comment on how rough Trump's week was, but to be honest, I'm completely fucking speechless....

omahacolt
05-12-2017, 07:29 PM
I was just going to comment on how rough Trump's week was, but to be honest, I'm completely fucking speechless....

Politicians are spineless so there is no accountability

Butter
05-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Give him a chance!

Hilary would be worse!

Mexicans!

Guns!

Guns, God and Greed. The G.O.P. platform.

GoBigBlue88
05-16-2017, 10:56 AM
The Trump supporters here have been super quiet lately.

rcubed
05-16-2017, 11:57 AM
ugg. the ones around me wont shut up about how awesome he is and a maverick and bucking the system, blah blah blah.

FatDT
05-16-2017, 11:59 AM

The fear there is that any criticism of their guy is automatic support for the evil liberal agenda. As if Democrats were unified or capable enough to have anything like that. I hate the two party system. How backwards is it to support a guy like this? He quite possibly colluded with RUSSIA to steal the office of President of the United States! Russia! And that's just one of many things!

omahacolt
05-16-2017, 06:32 PM
ugg. the ones around me wont shut up about how awesome he is and a maverick and bucking the system, blah blah blah.

you should move

natagu23
05-17-2017, 03:45 AM

"Bucking the system?" Those people around you are terribly misinformed.

His whole entire cabinet is made of Goldman Sachs guys.

"Drain the swap" he said...

natagu23
05-17-2017, 03:50 AM
True! Obama was not as bad as many Republicans claim and Trump will not be nearly as bad as the liberal marshmallows fear.

1 million South Koreans could die from Trump miscalculating North Korea, and you would still mutter "but...but Obama."

You're lost.

sherck
05-17-2017, 06:39 AM
1 million South Koreans could die from Trump miscalculating North Korea, and you would still mutter "but...but Obama."

You're lost.
A. I thought both Donnie and Hillary were terrible candidates and neither up to standards for the Presidency. I did not vote for either.

B. Donnie has done a few things that I agree with (judge appointments mostly) but has been the nightmare on many other topics that I feared.

C. That said, I doubt that I would have agreed with one thing that Hillary would have done in her first 100 days if she had won. So, I guess I am up?

DON'T BLAME ONE OTHER SOUL IN THE WORLD for the actions of NK other than their current leader. Crazy is as crazy does.

It really does not matter who is on the other side of the table from a madman. There is no reasoning with him. There is no appeasement with him. There is no bluster with him. There is no threat with him. Crazy is as crazy does.

If NK goes to war with SK, that is ALL on Kim Jong-Un's head. That dude is a few fries short of a happy meal.

Crazy is as crazy does.

Cheers,

Racehorse
05-17-2017, 07:06 AM

You're lost.

Clueless about reading comprehension, I see

GoBigBlue88
05-17-2017, 07:19 AM
I like how Trump supporters are still stuck on false equivalencies with Hillary and/or deflecting from Trump's actual treason right now with made-up stories (Seth Rich, which GOP outlets should be ashamed of "covering").

Good job, guys. Way to not call treason what it is and find anything else.

FatDT
05-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Yeah. Clinton would've made a terrible president. Bad campaign, bad candidate. The incompetence and corruption of the Clintons and the Democratic party is largely what allowed Trump to win.

But that is irrelevant. Clinton is irrelevant. What is she even doing? Does anyone care? She's done. It doesn't matter what she would have or wouldn't have done, she lost.

What is relevant is Trump ****ing up everything he touches. Firing Comey to impede the Russia investigation, pressuring him to stop investigating Flynn, pressuring him to be "loyal", constantly lying and contradicting his own staff, giving up classified info to Russian officials AND their state-run media, the FUBAR'd attempt to repeal and replace the ACA, the failed Islamaban, the wall effort that is going nowhere, the ineffective love-taps against ISIS and Syria... I mean this is just off the top of my head in a couple seconds.

If you are a conservative, you should hate that he's screwed up so much and accomplished so little, with strong GOP control of the House and Senate. He's a fake conservative. He lied to you and is using your money and support to make himself and his family richer while his administration incompetently serves some fractured and unclear agenda. And it is probably fractured and unclear because while he is cunning, he is not intelligent. He's a blundering moron. The country can't continue even a single term with him as President. He makes our nation a weak target and is incapable of leading us anywhere but into the ground.

Being President is hard. Being rich and loud and unpredictable isn't the right skillset for it. Acknowledging that and acknowledging the country picked a bad candidate (assuming they even did) doesn't mean you are in danger of becoming a liberal. It's just facing reality.

GoBigBlue88
05-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Being President is hard. Being rich and loud and unpredictable isn't the right skillset for it. Acknowledging that and acknowledging the country picked a bad candidate (assuming they even did) doesn't mean you are in danger of becoming a liberal. It's just facing reality.

Exactly. Now isn't the time to double down on the GOP's mistake. Or cast false equivalencies. Or deflect. Or stick your head in the sand.

Now is the time for Conservatives to really reflect and say "wow, we fucked up, our party is dangerously close to devolution into a complete monster ... we'd better work to own up to what's wrong and reclaim our party and its core values from those who hijacked them while we still can".

Lov2fish
05-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Exactly. Now isn't the time to double down on the GOP's mistake. Or cast false equivalencies. Or deflect. Or stick your head in the sand.

Now is the time for Conservatives to really reflect and say "wow, we fucked up, our party is dangerously close to devolution into a complete monster ... we'd better work to own up to what's wrong and reclaim our party and its core values from those who hijacked them while we still can".

Something we agree on outside of football. Just cause I despise Hillary doesn't mean I support Trump. I said a lot before the election I hope he wins just to watch liberals implode and declare the rapture is here. Well, that sarcasm had a toll to pay for it. I don't support either party. I fall somewhere between Libertarian and Anarchist.

Brylok
05-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Obstruction of justice and TREASON are difficult to defend.

FatDT
05-18-2017, 08:32 AM
This ship is sinking quickly. Trump and his staff (including Pence?!) knew about Flynn being investigated as a foreign paid agent, and they still made him the National Security Advisor. Meaning he'd have access to almost all classified documents and information.

There's a transcript and recording of multiple Republicans talking about how one of them thinks Trump is paid by Putin, and Paul Ryan shushing him.

Fox News has even confirmed the Comey Memo is real.

And former FBI Director Bob Mueller was appointed independent investigator into the Trump admin/Russia ties case. The White House and the Attorney General's office were not consulted or even notified until about 30 minutes before it went public.

Lov2fish
05-18-2017, 11:01 PM
I troll all the political pages on Facebook on slow days. It's hilarious seeing both parties melt down.

GoBigBlue88
05-19-2017, 07:37 AM
I troll all the political pages on Facebook on slow days. It's hilarious seeing both parties melt down.

If your takeaway is that this is hilarious and fun, you are very much part of the problem.

Pez
05-19-2017, 11:32 AM
I optimistically think that a Trump administration meltdown will cause a centrist revolution...

GoBigBlue88
05-19-2017, 11:51 AM
I optimistically think that a Trump administration meltdown will cause a centrist revolution...

I would have thought a year or so ago that Trump meltdown would generally force Americans to find more common ground (Dems realizing why they lost the election and what they've neglected in oversight, Republicans in realizing what the GOP should actually stand for vs what it's devolved into) and take a deeper look at representative government...

But now I actually feel the opposite. I feel like Trump supporters are more doubled-down than ever, and Democrats are more "all Republicans should be exiled" than ever.

Pez
05-19-2017, 01:39 PM
I don't even know where to start this post. I am a democrat (even though I hate most of them), have always voted democrat for president. It made me nearly ill to vote for Hillary Clinton. I don't want to exile republicans. If Hillary Clinton had got the nomination instead of Obama, I would have voted for McCain. If Mitch Daniels ran last year I would have voted in the republican primary for the first time ever.

There are not words in the English language that accurately capture my feelings about our government. Wait, the millenial milk toasts might have it when they say, "I... just... cant... even..."

omahacolt
05-19-2017, 08:53 PM
how people can support, and did support, this motherfucker as president is beyond me.

and i didn't want hillary either.

i do believe we need to give an iq test to the public and start weeding out anyone under 100

Lov2fish
05-19-2017, 09:49 PM
If your takeaway is that this is hilarious and fun, you are very much part of the problem.

No, people like you who think you're making a difference by pulling a lever for the two party crime ring. Every 4 years you vote for some son of a bitch who promises to fix what he fucked up the previous 4 years and you cheer for joy. The definition of insanity? Doing the same stupid shit over and over and expecting different results. For a guy who seems intelligent you're pretty fucking stupid.

smitty46953
05-20-2017, 12:47 AM
i do believe we need to give an iq test to the public and start weeding out anyone under 100

Well Bye !!! LOL :cool:

GoBigBlue88
05-20-2017, 06:20 AM
No, people like you who think you're making a difference by pulling a lever for the two party crime ring. Every 4 years you vote for some son of a bitch who promises to fix what he fucked up the previous 4 years and you cheer for joy. The definition of insanity? Doing the same stupid shit over and over and expecting different results. For a guy who seems intelligent you're pretty fucking stupid.

If you think the Trump presidency and fuck-ups are remotely comparably to the Obama presidency or Bush presidency or ...

You sound like a guy who likes to sound edgy for the sake of it. Would bet there's no real substance behind what you say. Much like Trump, really.

Lov2fish
05-20-2017, 02:11 PM
If you think the Trump presidency and fuck-ups are remotely comparably to the Obama presidency or Bush presidency or ...

You sound like a guy who likes to sound edgy for the sake of it. Would bet there's no real substance behind what you say. Much like Trump, really.

And you would be as far from the truth as you are about your own personality. I say exactly what is on my mind and I don't care what anyone thinks. I don't need your approval or endorsement. Fucking overly sensitive little twats like you is exactly what is wrong with this country. Trump is a moron, Obama, Bush, Clinton and all the rest for the last century have served their own self interest. I'll let you in on a little secret? They don't give a shit about you, none of them. If voting really worked, they wouldn't let us fucking do it. Damn, sheep are gullible.

GoBigBlue88
05-20-2017, 09:30 PM
And you would be as far from the truth as you are about your own personality. I say exactly what is on my mind and I don't care what anyone thinks. I don't need your approval or endorsement. Fucking overly sensitive little twats like you is exactly what is wrong with this country. Trump is a moron, Obama, Bush, Clinton and all the rest for the last century have served their own self interest. I'll let you in on a little secret? They don't give a shit about you, none of them. If voting really worked, they wouldn't let us fucking do it. Damn, sheep are gullible.

U Mad

Lov2fish
05-21-2017, 12:09 AM
U Mad

Why would I be mad? I am not the one dense enough to think they are making a difference voting for some cunt, or some douche who thinks he is something he's not.

GoBigBlue88
05-21-2017, 08:40 AM
Why would I be mad? I am not the one dense enough to think they are making a difference voting for some cunt, or some douche who thinks he is something he's not.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg

Racehorse
05-21-2017, 01:47 PM
I can't wait for the season to start so we can stop this arguing about who sucks. This thread is about politicians while on the main forum we are discussing who gives the best BJs, Dam or his mom.

Brylok
05-21-2017, 03:43 PM
I can't wait for the season to start so we can stop this arguing about who sucks. This thread is about politicians while on the main forum we are discussing who gives the best BJs, Dam or his mom.
I've pretty much accepted that this country is doomed. Training camp can't get here soon enough.

Lov2fish
05-21-2017, 03:48 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg

Says the guy who can't get over the election loss of his candidate. Is it because you're weak and have zero coping skills? Could it be because you still live in mom's basement while trying to figure out how to get your debt paid for that worthless journalism degree you have to write for blogs?

dwilli57
05-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Wow. What fucking hornets nest did I just jump into?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Colt Classic
05-21-2017, 06:24 PM
I hope all political parties take the task of finding 2020's Presidential nominees a little more seriously.

Scotty
05-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Donald Trump winning the Presidency was a wake up call for both parties. I think they will both take a different approach in 2020. I'd love to see a solid Libertarian or Independent candidate emerge. Lets just hope that mop head doesn't ruin too much shit before he leaves office.

GoBigBlue88
05-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Says the guy who can't get over the election loss of his candidate. Is it because you're weak and have zero coping skills? Could it be because you still live in mom's basement while trying to figure out how to get your debt paid for that worthless journalism degree you have to write for blogs?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2727398354/2c8ee2ed4e2f8d7e2193e4479d19dc85_400x400.jpeg

Colts2006
05-22-2017, 08:58 AM
Donald Trump winning the Presidency was a wake up call for both parties. I think they will both take a different approach in 2020. I'd love to see a solid Libertarian or Independent candidate emerge. Lets just hope that mop head doesn't ruin too much shit before he leaves office.

I hope you're right...but the Dems instead of figuring why they lost, are still throwing a bratty tantrum over losing to Trump.....I'm guessing they will double down on someone even worse than Hillary in 2020...if that is at all possible.

Republicans are proving they are just as bad as the Dems in governing. Libertarians are looking better by the day with these two moronic parties.

FatDT
05-22-2017, 09:46 AM
I hope you're right...but the Dems instead of figuring why they lost, are still throwing a bratty tantrum over losing to Trump.....I'm guessing they will double down on someone even worse than Hillary in 2020...if that is at all possible.

Republicans are proving they are just as bad as the Dems in governing. Libertarians are looking better by the day with these two moronic parties.

I agree both parties are terrible. The problem with Libertarians is that they are, by definition, hard to unify or organize. Once you get past the common ideals about taxation, less government, and fiscal conservatism driving most decisions, you either have a lot of radically different ideas on how to approach social and international issues, and/or you have a weak/nonexistent platform.

No easy fixes here. A viable 3rd party is needed but not easy to form.

Pez
05-22-2017, 10:49 AM

I don't see any democrats outside of Hillary Clinton herself whining about losing. The democrats lost because they nominated Hillary Clinton. Lets replace a charismatic and dynamic and intelligent black man with a 70+ creepy, condescending lady with legal baggage.

Most of my friends are liberals, and I don't know of anyone that really WANTS to be in the same room with Hillary Clinton.

Conservative media is the one trumpeting that democrats still want to dispute the election. It's simply not true.

omahacolt
05-22-2017, 11:34 AM
I agree both parties are terrible. The problem with Libertarians is that they are, by definition, hard to unify or organize. Once you get past the common ideals about taxation, less government, and fiscal conservatism driving most decisions, you either have a lot of radically different ideas on how to approach social and international issues, and/or you have a weak/nonexistent platform.

No easy fixes here. A viable 3rd party is needed but not easy to form.

No easy fix but a couple huge steps to improvement

1) term limits - house and senate need limits

2). Campaign finance reform. Have to get lobbyists out of government

FatDT
05-22-2017, 12:25 PM
No easy fix but a couple huge steps to improvement

1) term limits - house and senate need limits

2). Campaign finance reform. Have to get lobbyists out of government

This is where an initial influx of Libertarians could help, even if it doesn't last. Unlikely either of these things happen with either party in power, or even with the two parties sharing it.

Colts2006
05-22-2017, 01:56 PM
I don't see any democrats outside of Hillary Clinton herself whining about losing. The democrats lost because they nominated Hillary Clinton. Lets replace a charismatic and dynamic and intelligent black man with a 70+ creepy, condescending lady with legal baggage.

Most of my friends are liberals, and I don't know of anyone that really WANTS to be in the same room with Hillary Clinton.

Conservative media is the one trumpeting that democrats still want to dispute the election. It's simply not true.

The country hasn't run right since Slick Willie left in 2001. Just been one joke of a president after another. Not sure if Bill was that great or that just successors have been so piss poor.

I have a few lib friends....they mostly just want Trump out no matter what the excuse is...just want him out.

omahacolt
05-22-2017, 08:51 PM
This is where an initial influx of Libertarians could help, even if it doesn't last. Unlikely either of these things happen with either party in power, or even with the two parties sharing it.

It is never going to happen unless there is a small revolution. Basically demanding it from the people. A "you will no longer be elected unless this happens". Which won't happen. Changing the constitution probably won't happen again

FatDT
05-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Take away the Baby Boomers' social security/medicare and it could happen.

rcubed
05-23-2017, 11:59 AM
This scares as much as trump continuing as president.

If he is removed from office then pence takes over. Uh, no thanks. That guy is a nut job.

If pence is taken out with trump then paul ryan takes over. Uh, no thanks. Super douche.

Stupid voters.

FatDT
05-23-2017, 01:48 PM
This scares as much as trump continuing as president.

If he is removed from office then pence takes over. Uh, no thanks. That guy is a nut job.

If pence is taken out with trump then paul ryan takes over. Uh, no thanks. Super douche.

Stupid voters.

And if somehow Ryan doesn't get to it, Oren Hatch becomes President. I would take Pence over Trump just from a functioning government perspective. But overall he would barely be an upgrade.

Puck
05-25-2017, 10:26 PM
The country hasn't run right since Slick Willie left in 2001. Just been one joke of a president after another. Not sure if Bill was that great or that just successors have been so piss poor.

I have a few lib friends....they mostly just want Trump out no matter what the excuse is...just want him out.

You should find smarter friends

Stew Pidasole
05-29-2017, 01:59 AM
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/StewPidasole/the%20donald_zpsjm8ofhk5.jpg
Bunch of Millennial pussies

Lov2fish
05-29-2017, 10:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2727398354/2c8ee2ed4e2f8d7e2193e4479d19dc85_400x400.jpeg

Well fuck me. Meme's? I didn't think it would escalate to this level! Does your mom and boyfriend know you took it to this extreme? I was logging in to send you a message and see if you wanted my address so you could come hang around with a real man for a day. After this I have misjudged your manliness and I would have bowed out 3 pages ago if I knew this was where we were heading with it. I'm out, I got nothing for that.

GoBigBlue88
05-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Well fuck me. Meme's? I didn't think it would escalate to this level! Does your mom and boyfriend know you took it to this extreme? I was logging in to send you a message and see if you wanted my address so you could come hang around with a real man for a day. After this I have misjudged your manliness and I would have bowed out 3 pages ago if I knew this was where we were heading with it. I'm out, I got nothing for that.

So I won, and I didn't have to hang out with you (whatever the hell that means; pretty fucking creepy, dude) for a day. This is a great day for America.

Racehorse
05-29-2017, 02:38 PM
This is a great day for America.

That's what I said Jan 20

Spike
05-29-2017, 04:31 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/smitty46953/the%20donald_zpstmo9ske5.jpg

Great screen name Stew.

GoBigBlue88
05-29-2017, 04:48 PM

Still believe it?

omahacolt
05-29-2017, 04:52 PM

Man were you wrong

Racehorse
05-29-2017, 08:49 PM
Man were you wrong

Dam agrees with you. Let that sink in

omahacolt
05-30-2017, 06:17 AM
Dam agrees with you. Let that sink in

How could someone not agree with me. Trump is a fucking disaster

Colts2006
05-30-2017, 10:46 AM
You should find smarter friends

oh the majority of my buddies are level headed....just have a few that buy into the lib mantra bs.

GoBigBlue88
05-30-2017, 01:14 PM
oh the majority of my buddies are level headed....just have a few that buy into the lib mantra bs.

Anyone else notice this theme where Trump voters in this thread are "lib this, snowflake that" but not actually saying they still support and celebrate Donald Trump?

Brylok
05-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Gr8 b8 m8

Stew Pidasole
05-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Anyone else notice this theme where Trump voters in this thread are "lib this, snowflake that" but not actually saying they still support and celebrate Donald Trump?

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/StewPidasole/All%20right%20den_zpskooz9lby.jpg

omahacolt
05-30-2017, 06:01 PM

because what can they say?

what has he accomplished that is a positive?

1) promote coal? even people in the business of coal think that is stupid

2) piss off our allies while defending terrible dictators? oh yeah. that is how you make america great again

3) falsely blame our previous president of wire tapping his phones, get made look like fool for doing so, and then still stick to it no matter how many people said he was wrong.

4) continuously being putins little bitch boy?

5) being the fattest fuck to ever be president? my god that fat fuck is disgusting to look at.

6) going forward with a disaster of a health care bill. not being able to take down obamacare, which even democrats have issues with?

7) did i mention how fat he was?

8) tweeting retarded shit

9) costing americans millions of dollars by going on golfing trips every weekend all while he was very critical of obama for going on vacation. and he does it way more

10) he encourages white redneck assholes to be even more racist

11) his awesome travel bans that get blocked?

trump is a fucking disaster for this country and making us a fucking laughing stock.

rcubed
05-31-2017, 11:56 AM
12) being investigated for colluding with the russians during election
13) firing investigator looking into those allegations (obstruction?)
14) meeting with the russians the very next day and then telling them classified info

GoBigBlue88
05-31-2017, 12:25 PM
15) Pulling out the Paris Accord, joining Nicaragua & Syria as the only countries to refuse to cooperate within this accord. Because he doesn't believe climate change is real.

Pez
05-31-2017, 03:44 PM
16) Global warming is not only fake, but it's a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese
17) Claiming the classified information he didn't give to the Russians didn't come from Israel
18) claiming any new story mentioning "anonymous sources" is fake news
19) claiming anonymous leaks coming from the white house are the real scourge if his administration

sherck
05-31-2017, 03:59 PM
The amount of cluelessness in this thread is epic.

I don't like Trump and did not vote for him but you guys need to read some history. He would not even rank in the top 100 of bad world leaders of history.

Cheers,

Racehorse
05-31-2017, 04:03 PM

I don't like Trump and did not vote for him but you guys need to read some history. He would not even rank in the top 100 of bad world leaders of history.

Cheers,

They see what they want to see. They remind me of Pats fans.

Pez
05-31-2017, 04:32 PM

Cheers

World leaders of history?

Call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I like to think we live in an age where setting the bar on who is a good or bad leader doesn't include the likes of Henry VIII, Genghis Khan, or Vlad the Impaler.

Stew Pidasole
05-31-2017, 05:06 PM

Call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I like to think we live in an age where setting the bar on who is a good or bad leader doesn't include the likes of Henry VIII, Genghis Khan, or Vlad the Impaler.

Vlad the Impaler, I named a short piece of my anatomy Vlad the Impaler

Stew Pidasole
05-31-2017, 05:10 PM
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/StewPidasole/frabz-Quit-whining-9b93cc_zpstctwhf9k.jpg

omahacolt
05-31-2017, 05:23 PM

Cheers,

fucking retarded post

omahacolt
05-31-2017, 05:24 PM

back away from fox news buddy.

most people can see this guy is clown shoes

GoBigBlue88
05-31-2017, 07:19 PM

You keep saying stuff like this, and not actually saying "yeah, I still support Trump" or "this is why I still support Trump".

GoBigBlue88
05-31-2017, 07:20 PM

"He hasn't literally started a Holocaust yet ... he can't be that bad, you guys!"

Brylok
05-31-2017, 07:43 PM
"He hasn't literally started a Holocaust yet ... he can't be that bad, you guys!"
That's rich.
"Compared to Mao Zedong, Trump's a real teddy bear!"

Racehorse
06-01-2017, 09:55 AM
back away from fox news buddy.

most people can see this guy is clown shoes

Let me type this one word at a time for you, since you are slow here:

I
don't
watch
Fox
News

In fact, I don't watch any of the networks. All of them are biased in some way.

Racehorse
06-01-2017, 09:57 AM
You keep saying stuff like this, and not actually saying "yeah, I still support Trump" or "this is why I still support Trump".
I don't know what to make of Trump. I was a Carson supporter until he dropped out, and then Cruz. I was not a Never Trump guy, but he was not one of my top choices. When it came down to him and Hillary, I chose the lesser of two bad choices.

Pez
06-01-2017, 10:16 AM
I don't know what to make of Trump. I was a Carson supporter until he dropped out, and then Cruz. I was not a Never Trump guy, but he was not one of my top choices. When it came down to him and Hillary, I chose the lesser of two bad choices.

I know Sanders isnt your cup of tea, but I think Sanders would have beaten Trump. You?

BTW, this is worth a listen:

http://www.intelligencesquaredus.org/debates/gerrymandering-destroying-political-center

rcubed
06-01-2017, 11:54 AM
When it came down to him and Hillary, I chose the lesser of two bad choices.

https://memecrunch.com/meme/18467/you-chose-poorly/image.png?w=500&c=1

Spike
06-01-2017, 12:22 PM

Yep, Racehorse chose poorly. He should have voted for that lying, conniving, cheating, stinking old dirt bag Hillary. She would have been so much better.
Total bullshit.

rcubed
06-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Yep, Racehorse chose poorly. He should have voted for that lying, conniving, cheating, stinking old dirt bag Hillary. She would have been so much better.
Total bullshit.
that sentence stays the same if you replace hillary with trump.

they were both terrible candidates. its sad that those were the two our country had to choose from (3rd party, blah blah blah)

Pez
06-01-2017, 01:07 PM
that sentence stays the same if you replace hillary with trump.

they were both terrible candidates. its sad that those were the two our country had to choose from (3rd party, blah blah blah)

Agree... Hillary is a 70 year old uncharismatic white woman with political baggage. The democrats nominating her prove they are out of touch.

The fact that the GOP could not put forth a candidate that could beat someone like Trump proves they are out of touch as well.

Racehorse
06-01-2017, 01:09 PM
I know Sanders isnt your cup of tea, but I think Sanders would have beaten Trump. You?

BTW, this is worth a listen:

http://www.intelligencesquaredus.org/debates/gerrymandering-destroying-political-center

I can't watch the video at work, but I will later. As to Sanders, he may have been better able to mobilize voters that Hillary couldn't, swinging the election. However, he may have also turned off others who fear his brand of governmental solutions.

Racehorse
06-01-2017, 01:10 PM

All I see is a green box. Any idea why this happens all the time?

Racehorse
06-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Agree... Hillary is a 70 year old uncharismatic white woman with political baggage. The democrats nominating her prove they are out of touch.

The fact that the GOP could not put forth a candidate that could beat someone like Trump proves they are out of touch as well.
Trump was probably the closest thing the Republicans have to a centrist. The democrats did not have any centrists on the ballot. Now we can argue about what the center is and what the left and right are, but Trump spoke to people on both sides of the aisle, albeit more to those on the right.

Pez
06-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Trump was probably the closest thing the Republicans have to a centrist. The democrats did not have any centrists on the ballot. Now we can argue about what the center is and what the left and right are, but Trump spoke to people on both sides of the aisle, albeit more to those on the right.

You have got to be joking... Trump makes Ted Cruz look like a moderate. Someone who does not believe in a free press is not a centrist.

rcubed
06-01-2017, 01:30 PM
All I see is a green box. Any idea why this happens all the time?
no idea why. it was just a picture from indy jones last crusade. just messing around with you as I am super bored at work

GoBigBlue88
06-01-2017, 03:11 PM

How do you not know what to make of Trump? Honest question. His administration is under investigation for tampering at best and treason at worst, he pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord today, he fell on his face with THE WALL, etc.

If you were on the fence about him as a candidate, I suppose that's whatever. But now that he's actually done (or not done) things in office? How do you not know what to make of that? Honestly asking.

Can't we just call bad shit what it is?

smitty46953
06-01-2017, 04:49 PM
25 page thread bitching about politics, sad even Grigson, Pagano or Pep didn't catch this much shit on a Colts forum ??? :rolleyes:

omahacolt
06-01-2017, 05:33 PM

no

you absolutely did not

omahacolt
06-01-2017, 05:35 PM

trump spoke to poor white racists. and just racists as a whole.

GoBigBlue88
06-01-2017, 05:48 PM
25 page thread bitching about politics, sad even Grigson, Pagano or Pep didn't catch this much shit on a Colts forum ??? :rolleyes:

1. They absolutely did.

2. Also, the health of the country/planet might matter a tad more than a football game.