PDA

View Full Version : Favorite beer or liquor

Spike
03-14-2017, 08:18 PM
Slow times, just thought I would ask what is the Colt Freaks choice of beer or any liquor.

Already know Omaha likes Keystone Light.

My favorite beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Worst beer for me is easily that piss they call Corona.

omahacolt
03-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Slow times, just thought I would ask what is the Colt Freaks choice of beer or any liquor.

Already know Omaha likes Keystone Light.

My favorite beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Worst beer for me is easily that piss they call Corona.

I haven't had keystone in a long time.

For the money, blue moon is good. Always on sale it seems.

I used to love Sierra Nevada pale ale. Guinness blondes are good. Heffe has a good beer that I like a lot but don't know what kind. I have had a bunch of good beers lately but can't remember their names. I like wheat beers the best

omahacolt
03-14-2017, 08:52 PM
I will post as I buy them

Colts2006
03-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Favorite hard liquor is Jim Beam....beer is Rolling Rock.

Spike
03-14-2017, 09:16 PM
I haven't had keystone in a long time.

For the money, blue moon is good. Always on sale it seems.

I used to love Sierra Nevada pale ale. Guinness blondes are good. Heffe has a good beer that I like a lot but don't know what kind. I have had a bunch of good beers lately but can't remember their names. I like wheat beers the best

Blue Moon is good. Glad to hear you have moved on from Keystone.

rcubed
03-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Arrogant Bastard from Stone Brewery
Golden Road Heffe
Gumball Head when I am back in the region
Hofbrau
and though I hate to admit it, Sam Adams Octoberfest.

I dont drink much liquor but I do enjoy Hendricks and tonic

Spike
03-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Golden Road Heffe
Hofbrau

I enjoy Sam Adams lager and their Octoberfest, it's just that I feel dirty after drinking it.

Puck
03-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Bud light
Gumbqll head
All day IPA
Fat Tire

I drink Bud Light the most.

Hard liquor. Tito' s Vodka.

smitty46953
03-14-2017, 11:19 PM
Little Kings !!! :cool:

rcubed
03-14-2017, 11:33 PM
For IPAs go with Dog Fish Head

Spike
03-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Golden Road Heffe
Hofbrau

Haven't tried Arrogant Bastard yet, but that has to be the best name for a beer I have ever heard of.

Apparently, a lot of people like this beer.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/43153/92/

edgeman
03-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Been on a Jack Daniels and Pepsi kick lately.

Beer, first would be Michelob Amberbock, Sam Adams octoberfest a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pez
03-15-2017, 01:30 PM
I like the Lagunitis Pilsner... take away my man card, but I drink more wine than anything. I cook a lot and I like it better with food.

Spike
03-15-2017, 03:40 PM
I like the Lagunitis Pilsner... take away my man card, but I drink more wine than anything. I cook a lot and I like it better with food.

Not taking your man card away. I'm Italian and we always have wine at our table. I usually buy Mondavi cabernet sauvignon, my wife is a white zinfandel fan. Nothing wrong with guys drinking wine. Both of my grandfathers drank burgundy like it was water.

Puck
03-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Not taking your man card away. I'm Italian and we always have wine at our table. I usually buy Mondavi cabernet sauvignon, my wife is a white zinfandel fan. Nothing wrong with guys drinking wine. Both of my grandfathers drank burgundy like it was water.

I'm a Malbec guy. Catena Good wine under 30 a bottle

Or if you want to try something really good. Find a sweeter red and add a shot of cognac or brandy to it.... cuts the sweet and you get quite the kick. Awesome!! I dont like it with a dryer wine.... too strong that way

omahacolt
03-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Favorite hard liquor is Jim Beam....beer is Rolling Rock.

haha umm what the fuck

omahacolt
03-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Blue Moon is good. Glad to hear you have moved on from Keystone.

i would still drink it. just don't drink as much nowadays so i generally go for a little better beer. and then switch to a busch light after a few good ones.

omahacolt
03-15-2017, 06:00 PM
goose island is good from their urban wheat to their pilsner to their ipa. all were solid

Puck
03-17-2017, 11:40 AM
I need to make a run to Munster In and go to 3 Floyd's Pretty cool place if you ever get a chance

Puck
03-17-2017, 09:06 PM
Wife and I found some good stuff tonight

Brylok
03-17-2017, 10:17 PM
I like Bass Ale a lot but I usually drink Yuengling. I don't drink much liquor. Believe it or not, Oliver (Soft Red) is a tasty, cheap wine. Whenever I'm in Indiana I pick up a few bottles.

Butter
03-18-2017, 12:11 PM
I like way too many Beers and Liquors to have a favorite.

omahacolt
03-18-2017, 01:40 PM
just had a blue moon summer honey wheat that was on sale. pretty good.

smitty46953
03-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Bunch of alcoholics sounds like need go to a meeting ... Omaha you bring the beer ... :cool:

Big Smooth
03-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Mostly 3 Floyds for me.

Zombie Dust, Gumball, Dreadnought, Moloko Milk Stout (Which I drink warm)
Dogfish Head is good as well.
Ranger for if you want a cheaper IPA

Castaway from Kona is surprisingly similar to Gumball Head without the price tag. You can find 6ers starting at 6.99 but usually around 8.99-9.99. Great little beer for the price. It is what I usually drink

Always up for a good bourbon as well. In the last decade there is a nice uptick in the bourbon market as far as finding damn fine spirits for around 30$ or under.

Blantons, Bookers, Knob, Woodford double if I want to spend 50-60$
Always wanted to try Pappy but good luck with that
I hear good things about Angel's Envy and Jim Beam Black but have yet to try them.

Eagle Rare, Four Roses Small Batch if you want to spend around 30$ and still have a great tasting bourbon.

I have also taken to, at least during the holidays, muddling orange peel and sugar into oleo saccharum. Pour in a cheaper whiskey and let it marry for a couple days then strain out the peel and you have a tasty orange liqueur for old fashioneds.

Luck4Reich
03-22-2017, 05:38 PM
I like way too many Beers and Liquors to have a favorite.

That's how I am.

Puck
03-23-2017, 10:26 AM
My wife likes "Sweet Baby Jesus" ... its a chocolate coffee type of thing. High in alcohol content expensive and we can only get it in Ohio. I hate it it FWIIW but others may like it

Puck
03-23-2017, 10:29 AM
I like Bass Ale a lot but I usually drink Yuengling. I don't drink much liquor. Believe it or not, Oliver (Soft Red) is a tasty, cheap wine. Whenever I'm in Indiana I pick up a few bottles.

Yuengling is good and now available in Indiana. I am close to Ohio so I can get it pretty easily anyway.

If you like cheap wine try Satek 101 Lakes (red) It's made in Fremont Indiana and is available in most liquor stores around Fort Wayne. Not sure where you are located... Very good.

Luck4Reich
03-27-2017, 12:52 PM
I don't complain much if it's Ice Cold. Stella Artois is one of my favorites

Like Blue Moon a lot too