PDA

View Full Version : Pagano victory speech

Spike
09-25-2017, 12:13 PM
http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Victory-Speech-Week-3-Browns-vs-Colts/5cc039b3-772b-4f9d-a731-2123d1987649

At the 19 second mark, Pagano says we got to learn how to finish, we can't let teams hang around.

That's on you Pagano, you conservative fucking hack.

Check out Luck's expression at about the 1:16 mark. Priceless.

1:23 Pagano says we have to learn how to put people away.

Again, that's on you Pagano, you conservative bastard.

The Colts can't fire this guy soon enough for me.

GoBigBlue88
09-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Is it weird that I actually have more respect for Pagano after that speech? Certainly cuz he's coaching for his life, but in years past, he would have been rah-rah and "we're great / that was an amazing win / we overcame all the odds" about beating a team like the Browns.

This was the first time I've seen him address his team in a primarily critical voice after a win.

rcubed
09-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Gtfo

FatDT
09-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Is it weird that I actually have more respect for Pagano after that speech? Certainly cuz he's coaching for his life, but in years past, he would have been rah-rah and "we're great / that was an amazing win / we overcame all the odds" about beating a team like the Browns.

This was the first time I've seen him address his team in a primarily critical voice after a win.

But he's still throwing others under the bus. Who is responsible for the prevent offense and prevent defense approach? The players?

Holder tweeted that the team didn't think Kizer could beat them, hence the playcalling. He and his staff took their foot off the gas. That's not on the players.

Luck4Reich
09-25-2017, 12:40 PM
I bet most of those players were just ready for him to just shut up. He inspires no one with the garbage that comes from his mouth. The team won despite his bad coaching.

1965southpaw
09-25-2017, 12:44 PM

I have a different read on this......I don't think he's being authentic. His boss is standing in that room and preaches accountability so he's pretending to hold his players accountable. But actions speak louder than words and time and again his actions show otherwise.....whether it's patting his player on the ass or clapping after a stupid penalty or subborninly having an inferior player start over a new talent that shows more promise (Tolzein, green, etc.....). I'd have more respect if his words and actions lined up.....in either direction....this just feels manipulative. Also, I don't fault the players for the q4 letdown this week (except for the stupid penalties).....I hang the let down on Chuckie and his staff on both sides of the ball for failing to show any creativity or aggressiveness in playing with a lead. This coaching staff simply doesn't know what to do with a lead!

Pez
09-25-2017, 12:49 PM
The Browns went 1-15 last year and have lost 21 of their last 22 games. They were favored by 2.5 points (though it was even by Sunday). Neither the Colts nor the Browns are a "damn good football team," Chuck.

We managed to win by 3 after leading 31-14 with under 7 mins to play. I don't think I can look it up, but I would imagine the last time the Browns scored 14 unanswered points in 7 minutes has probably been some time ago.

You can see it on their faces, everyone in that room knows he is full of shit.

Luck4Reich
09-25-2017, 12:54 PM
The Browns went 1-15 last year and have lost 21 of their last 22 games. They were favored by 2.5 points (though it was even by Sunday). Neither the Colts nor the Browns are a "damn good football team," Chuck.

We managed to win by 3 after leading 31-14 with under 7 mins to play. I don't think I can look it up, but I would imagine the last time the Browns scored 14 unanswered points in 7 minutes has probably been some time ago.

You can see it on their faces, everyone in that room knows he is full of shit.

Great points.

Luck4Reich
09-25-2017, 12:56 PM
There was only one person in that locker room that believed what Pagano was saying and that was Clapper himself. He wouldn't be able to look in a mirror and make same speech.

HoosierinFL
09-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Actually I think that speech has got to be somewhat demoralizing. Here you have clappy, the guy who always gets excited about wins, and here he is not only complaining after the first win of the year, but actually blaming the players for the let down. In the back of their minds they gotta know it was the terrible playcalling in the 2nd half that let it get so close.

FatDT
09-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Maybe I am reading too much into it but those players' faces look like they just want him to shut up.

smitty46953
09-25-2017, 04:14 PM
At least he didn't chop any wood or sharpen iron ... :cool:

Spike
09-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Maybe I am reading too much into it but those players' faces look like they just want him to shut up.

Especially Costanzo and Luck.

YDFL Commish
09-25-2017, 05:29 PM
So the players didn't put forth a gritty effort? :rolleyes:

Pez
09-25-2017, 05:39 PM

Mewhort looks down, left and grabs his junk at one point... These guys aren't playing for Chuck.

So I transcripted a bit of this:

"A great start, okay, great first half. We can't come out in the third quarter, okay. We need to learn from this, okay, and penalize ourselves, all right, give up plays, do all the things... three critical penalties, you know, you false start on offense, you get a penalty on defense, and then a penalty on special teams, all the momentum flips and field position flips, all that stuff."

That's inspiring shit there chuck, I'm moved. It's mostly coherent, okay, the words and, okay, locker room stuff. Great. Men. Football team, toaster.

Racehorse
09-25-2017, 06:07 PM
http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Victory-Speech-Week-3-Browns-vs-Colts/5cc039b3-772b-4f9d-a731-2123d1987649

At the 19 second mark, Pagano says we got to learn how to finish, we can't let teams hang around.

That's on you Pagano, you conservative fucking hack.

Check out Luck's expression at about the 1:16 mark. Priceless.

1:23 Pagano says we have to learn how to put people away.

Again, that's on you Pagano, you conservative bastard.

The Colts can't fire this guy soon enough for me.
The only possible positive from that speech would be if he were actually telling himself what he was saying. Maybe he finally realized that he is coaching wrong and needs to finish games. In other words, "we" is really "I".

YDFL Commish
09-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Mewhort looks down, left and grabs his junk at one point... These guys aren't playing for Chuck.

"A great start, okay, great first half. We can't come out in the third quarter, okay. We need to learn from this, okay, and penalize ourselves, all right, give up plays, do all the things... three critical penalties, you know, you false start on offense, you get a penalty on defense, and then a penalty on special teams, all the momentum flips and field position flips, all that stuff."

That's inspiring shit there chuck, I'm moved. It's mostly coherent, okay, the words and, okay, locker room stuff. Great. Men. Football team, toaster.

Damn, Dungy would never give a speech like that! Of course, Dungy is man of honor, integrity and accountability.

Pagano, I don't now what the fuck he is. Sadly, he isn't unemployed.

ChoppedWood
09-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Meanwhile Greg Manusky went out last night and put on a defensive clinic the likes of which Chuck Pagano was supposed to bring to this city.

Go away Chuck, don't go away mad Chuck, just go away...

omahacolt
09-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Damn, Dungy would never give a speech like that! Of course, Dungy is man of honor, integrity and accountability.

Pagano, I don't now what the fuck he is. Sadly, he isn't unemployed.

Dungy is a bigot. Not respectable at all

Racehorse
09-25-2017, 08:19 PM

You know, if you weren't one yourself, people would respect you more, not that you care.

Butter
09-25-2017, 08:44 PM

I read that in Ricks' voice.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/rickandmorty/images/d/dd/Rick.png/revision/latest?cb=20131230003659

omahacolt
09-25-2017, 08:52 PM
Cartoons are gay

apballin
09-25-2017, 08:54 PM
I got no problem with it, he's not satisfied and if theykeep improving this will be a dam good football team

ChoppedWood
09-25-2017, 08:55 PM
I got no problem with it, he's not going to be here soon and because of that single thing this will be a dam good football team

Yes, yes, this is correct.

apballin
09-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Yes, yes, this is correct.

Heard the same shit for 2 years now. .

We'll see

rcubed
09-25-2017, 09:12 PM
I got no problem with it, he's not satisfied and if theykeep improving this will be a dam good football team
Funny how you spell it 'dam' instead of 'damn'

Butter
09-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Cartoons are gay

Then I am the gayest gay that ever gayed. I love me some Rick and Morty.
http://deonvsearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gay-flag.jpg

YDFL Commish
09-25-2017, 10:03 PM

I know that you won't elaborate, but are you telling me that you have more respect fro Pagano than Dungy?

VeveJones007
09-25-2017, 11:11 PM
I know that you won't elaborate, but are you telling me that you have more respect fro Pagano than Dungy?

I don't want to derail, but Omaha is correctly using the word. Dungy thinks that homosexuals are sinners damned to hell and unworthy of the same legal standing as heterosexuals. That is literally the definition of bigotry; therefore, Dungy is a bigot.

Butter
09-25-2017, 11:18 PM
I don't want to derail, but Omaha is correctly using the word. Dungy thinks that homosexuals are sinners damned to hell and unworthy of the same legal standing as heterosexuals. That is literally the definition of bigotry; therefore, Dungy is a bigot.

Stop interjecting facts into the circle jerk of hate.

sherck
09-26-2017, 07:00 AM
You forgot to mention the fact that Dungy thinks that we are all sinners and damned to hell unless we repent and put our trust in Jesus Christ.

This thought pattern is one of the definitions of a Christian.

Singling out one sin over another is what non-Christians do in order to justify their feelings and emotions in the face of God's truth which is irrefutable.

My obesity, fits of anger and occasional lust toward women who are not my wife are all examples of sins that damn me to hell. Thank God for the work of Jesus in my life to save me from that. Being a homosexual is not a sin; acting on that feeling with someone who is not your spouse in a one man/one woman marriage is.

Topic derailed.

Walk Worthy,

Colts And Orioles
09-26-2017, 09:33 AM
Cartoons are gay

Then I am the gayest gay that ever gayed. I love me some Rick and Morty.

http://deonvsearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gay-flag.jpg

o

I'm gay, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZkJAx8FycI

o

VeveJones007
09-26-2017, 10:37 AM
You forgot to mention the fact that Dungy thinks that we are all sinners and damned to hell unless we repent and put our trust in Jesus Christ.

Singling out one sin over another is what non-Christians do in order to justify their feelings and emotions in the face of God's truth which is irrefutable.

My obesity, fits of anger and occasional lust toward women who are not my wife are all examples of sins that damn me to hell. Thank God for the work of Jesus in my life to save me from that. Being a homosexual is not a sin; acting on that feeling with someone who is not your spouse in a one man/one woman marriage is.

Topic derailed.

Walk Worthy,

This is one of those rare situations where an argument is legitimately semantic. Omaha used the correct definition of the word, regardless of your qualifiers.

Dam8610
09-26-2017, 10:52 AM

Topic derailed.

Walk Worthy,

So homosexuality is all good as long as you accept that God put itself into a person, made other people kill him which somehow makes all bad acts one could ever perform okay, then made himself a zombie to prove it and tell people what he did. For an omnipotent, omniscient being, it must really have nothing to do. But anyway, if one accepts this, one may be a homosexual and have homosexual relationships and sex with mystical future life impunity, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.

sherck
09-26-2017, 11:05 AM
So homosexuality is all good as long as you accept that God put itself into a person, made other people kill him which somehow makes all bad acts one could ever perform okay, then made himself a zombie to prove it and tell people what he did. For an omnipotent, omniscient being, it must really have nothing to do. But anyway, if one accepts this, one may be a homosexual and have homosexual relationships and sex with mystical future life impunity, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.
No, you misunderstand.

God created the world to be perfect.

He created man and woman to be perfect.

But, in order to give perfection meaning, He also gave them free will in order to choose.

Choose to follow Him freely and worship Him. Or not.

Man choose not and thus upset God's plan and introduced sin in the world.

However, since God is loving, He also introduced a plan to save us from ourselves. IF, we use that same free will to do so.

He introduced His Son to take our sins onto Him so that we can be reintroduced into the perfect world upon our death.

The question is, will you accept that plan of your own free will or not?

How are you using your free will today? To help or to hurt?

Until someone can specifically point out the gene in human DNA that is flipped one way for homosexual folks and flipped the other way for heterosexual folks, the feelings and acts of homosexuality are the result of someone's free will decisions (or trained onto them in the case of younger folks by adults around them).

God did not "make" folks homosexual. They choose to be so.

Just as I choose to eat too much, exercise too little and am fat (gluttonous in the Bible). It is my choice to be that way; and thus my sin.

Thank God that He is loving.

Walk Worthy,

Dam8610
09-26-2017, 11:21 AM
No, you misunderstand.

But, in order to give perfection meaning, He also gave them free will in order to choose.

However, since God is loving, He also introduced a plan to save us from ourselves. IF, we use that same free will to do so.

He introduced His Son to take our sins onto Him so that we can be reintroduced into the perfect world upon our death.

Until someone can specifically point out the gene in human DNA that is flipped one way for homosexual folks and flipped the other way for heterosexual folks, the feelings and acts of homosexuality are the result of someone's free will decisions (or trained onto them in the case of younger folks by adults around them).

Just as I choose to eat too much, exercise too little and am fat (gluttonous in the Bible). It is my choice to be that way; and thus my sin.

Walk Worthy,

So, if you accept the self absorbed zombie story, you're good despite your bad act of being fat, right? If that's the case then homosexuals would be covered by the same mystical future life insurance, right? Would Hitler be covered, too, or does God have moralistic actuaries?

Racehorse
09-26-2017, 11:41 AM
So, if you accept the self absorbed zombie story, you're good despite your bad act of being fat, right? If that's the case then homosexuals would be covered by the same mystical future life insurance, right? Would Hitler be covered, too, or does God have moralistic actuaries?

The hate is strong with this one!

rcubed
09-26-2017, 11:48 AM

Walk Worthy,

At what age did you consciously decide to like females instead of males? Do you remember the moment? Were you on the playground and said to yourself, "I can go flirt with susie or I can flirt with johnny, hmmmm which should I choose...???"

crock of shit. there is no decision, its just who you are.

rcubed
09-26-2017, 12:03 PM
so if someone asks pointed questions or pokes holes in your faith's logic, they are labeled as a hater? interesting.

Maniac
09-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Thank God for the work of Jesus in my life

You're welcome.

omahacolt
09-26-2017, 12:48 PM
No, you misunderstand.

Walk Worthy,

People like you sure are fucked up in the head.

Oldcolt
09-26-2017, 01:04 PM
So Shrek, I love your football expertise but you are so full of shit on this it's unbelievable. Just one question, when did you decide that you were going to be heterosexual. Was it a hard decision that you spent days and years pondering? Since you decided, like you seem to think everyone else did, could you possibly change your mind? Also interesting that about 3-4% of every culture is gay. So you are telling me people choose to be hated, killed and ostracized of their own volition. Every gay person I know says they were born that way. You say different. What the hell do you know that all the people who are gay don't?

Maniac
09-26-2017, 01:21 PM
So Shrek, I love your football expertise but you are so full of shit on this it's unbelievable. Just one question, when did you decide that you were going to be heterosexual. Was it a hard decision that you spent days and years pondering? Since you decided, like you seem to think everyone else did, could you possibly change your mind? Also interesting that about 3-4% of every culture is gay. So you are telling me people choose to be hated, killed and ostracized of their own volition. Every gay person I know says they were born that way. You say different. What the hell do you know that all the people who are gay don't?

He only thinks that way because someone told him to think that way. Either his parents, a pastor, someone who wrote their versions of the bible, etc. You don't know that "God said this is bad" unless someone told you to believe that. It's a sheep mentality.

Dam8610
09-26-2017, 01:39 PM

No hate, just honesty and attempts at finding the boundaries.

Spike
09-26-2017, 08:10 PM
Damn, this thread got derailed quickly. Now it's in the general topics category.