PDA

View Full Version : Longtime HIV patient is effectively cured

JAFF
07-27-2022, 03:08 PM
A big deal. If medicine can beat this, its a leap in health care

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2022/07/27/hiv-remission-stem-cell-transplant-city-of-hope/

Lov2fish
07-27-2022, 07:29 PM
I think moving forward we will start to see more and more stem cell research on different diseases. Big pharma needs to stop selling treatments and start selling cures. Wishful thinking, but...............

JAFF
07-27-2022, 08:07 PM
I think moving forward we will start to see more and more stem cell research on different diseases. Big pharma needs to stop selling treatments and start selling cures. Wishful thinking, but...............

There are places like IU med who are getting after it

rcubed
07-28-2022, 10:53 AM
Big pharma needs to stop selling treatments and start selling cures. .

if only it were that easy

JAFF
07-28-2022, 11:56 AM

I agree, and we as patients need to be better about doing the preventative behaviors

Colts And Orioles
07-28-2022, 12:04 PM
I agree, and we as patients need to be better about doing the preventative behaviors.

o

Spot on ...... obesity is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) health problems in American society.

All of the health-care in the world isn't going to mean much if people don't exercise regularly and/or eat an at least somewhat healthy diet.

o

Lov2fish
07-28-2022, 01:00 PM
I agree, and we as patients need to be better about doing the preventative behaviors

Even though I am not in the shape I was in when I was a two sport athlete in school, I don't smoke, don't drink and rarely eat trash that is not good for me. I am a little heavier, but don't need a scooter at the store and am fairly active. Diabetes is a serious disease that can be prevented in most by choosing a different lifestyle at the dinner table. It is hard and takes great discipline in todays grab it and go society. Bad choices have bad consequences.

JAFF
07-28-2022, 04:29 PM
Even though I am not in the shape I was in when I was a two sport athlete in school, I don't smoke, don't drink and rarely eat trash that is not good for me. I am a little heavier, but don't need a scooter at the store and am fairly active. Diabetes is a serious disease that can be prevented in most by choosing a different lifestyle at the dinner table. It is hard and takes great discipline in todays grab it and go society. Bad choices have bad consequences.

Smokers. 600000 deaths a year in US. My dad’s generation called them coffin nails. Now you can vape nicotine. WTF.