PDA

View Full Version : Mass Shooting at Fourth of July Parade (Highland Park, Illinois)

Colts And Orioles
07-04-2022, 06:22 PM
o

6 Dead, Dozens Wounded in Mass Shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July Parade

(By Lynn Sweet)

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/4/23194354/highland-park-fourth-july-parade-gunfire

o

Lov2fish
07-04-2022, 06:50 PM
Not a anomaly in Chicago, unfortunately. They shoot themselves pretty regularly up there.

Spike
07-04-2022, 06:58 PM
o

6 Dead, Dozens Wounded in Mass Shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July Parade

(By Lynn Sweet)

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/4/23194354/highland-park-fourth-july-parade-gunfire

o

So sad. There is a special place in hell for these wackos. This country really needs to get stronger on crime, quit letting violent criminals out of jail. Quit defunding the police, and don't listen to the leftish bullshit about how we don't need more prisons, we need less. Make life extremely tough for these bastards.

JAFF
07-04-2022, 07:18 PM
So sad. There is a special place in hell for these wackos. This country really needs to get stronger on crime, quit letting violent criminals out of jail. Quit defunding the police, and don't listen to the leftish bullshit about how we don't need more prisons, we need less. Make life extremely tough for these bastards.

No one has defunded the police. Maybe restrict access to fire arms??

What works? Money to the schools. More tech, vocational classes, school to work programs. More funding rooting out drugs, where the gangs make money. Have half day schedules so students who have children can still attend or just have child care at the school, so kids can get their classes and not worry about child care. Oh, had out birth control. Be proactive about learning how to avoid having unwanted pregnancy.

Spike
07-04-2022, 07:32 PM
No one has defunded the police. Maybe restrict access to fire arms??

What works? Money to the schools. More tech, vocational classes, school to work programs. More funding rooting out drugs, where the gangs make money. Have half day schedules so students who have children can still attend or just have child care at the school, so kids can get their classes and not worry about child care. Oh, had out birth control. Be proactive about learning how to avoid having unwanted pregnancy.

No one has defunded the police? Where the hell did you get that information from CNN?

West Hollywood just did.

Other cities have too. Seattle, Austin and Portland & other cities have too. Some cities have realized that it doesn't work and are trying to fix their mess. Some like West Hollywood are run by idiots.

JAFF
07-04-2022, 07:52 PM
No one has defunded the police? Where the hell did you get that information from CNN?

West Hollywood just did.

Other cities have too. Seattle, Austin and Portland & other cities have too. Some cities have realized that it doesn't work and are trying to fix their mess. Some like West Hollywood are run by idiots.

They are not defunding the police. They are taking some money and moving it to mental health and drug counseling. Getting mental health pros to handle domestic problems and allowing the LEOs to handle crime issues

Spike
07-04-2022, 08:06 PM
They are not defunding the police. They are taking some money and moving it to mental health and drug counseling. Getting mental health pros to handle domestic problems and allowing the LEOs to handle crime issues

West Hollywood has voted to slash law enforcement funding, with up to five fewer deputies on patrol — despite skyrocketing crime rates in the area.

Not sure where you are getting your information from.

Lov2fish
07-04-2022, 08:18 PM
West Hollywood has voted to slash law enforcement funding, with up to five fewer deputies on patrol — despite skyrocketing crime rates in the area.

Not sure where you are getting your information from.

Because truth doesn't fit nicely into his little Utopia that CNN tells him exist.

Hoopsdoc
07-04-2022, 09:48 PM

LMAO

And where are they taking that funding from?

Jesus.

Colts And Orioles
07-04-2022, 09:54 PM
Not a anomaly in Chicago, unfortunately. They shoot themselves pretty regularly up there.

o

This didn't happen in Chicago, it was in an upscale suburb 30 miles north of it in Lake County.

o

Lov2fish
07-04-2022, 10:13 PM
o

This didn't happen in Chicago, it was in an upscale suburb 30 miles north of it in Lake County.

o

I know where its at, we have clients there. In that shithole city they don't discriminate where they shoot it up. The city and its burbs has well over 1500 shootings a year. It is an everyday occurrence. They also have some of the strictest draconian gun laws in the country. Doesn't even slow down the thugs.

Colts And Orioles
07-04-2022, 10:18 PM
I know where its at, we have clients there. In that shithole city they don't discriminate where they shoot it up. The city and its burbs has well over 1500 shootings a year. It is an everyday occurrence. They also have some of the strictest draconian gun laws in the country. Doesn't even slow down the thugs.

o

Really? I live an hour north of New York City, and the difference between New York City and Putnam County is like day and night in terms of crime and violence.

In fact, Scarsdale, NY, is just outside of New York City (closer to it than where I live), and that is one of the wealthiest communities in the country with virtually no crime rate.

But if you say that Highland Park and Chicago are essentially the same in terms of crime and violence, I'll take your word for it since you live and work in that area.

o

Lov2fish
07-04-2022, 10:29 PM
o

Really? I live an hour north of New York City, and the difference between New York City and Putnam County is like day and night in terms of crime and violence.

In fact, Scarsdale, NY, is just outside of New York City (closer to to it than where I live), and that is one of the wealthiest communities in the country with virtually no crime rate.

But if you say that Highland Park and Chicago are essentially the same in terms of crime and violence, I'll take your word for it since you live and work in that area.

o

It is somewhat of a drop off in crime, but not as dramatic as you would think, or expect. It's just not a friendly place. Doesn't matter where in Chicago, our guys hate delivering up there. They're like, can't someone in the area build their cabinets? They hate it, absolutely hate it. Its like the wild west.

Downers Grove is a very affluent area of Chicago, there was two people murdered in their home 2 doors down from where we delivered, and 3 people bound and shot in an alley 3 days before that.

Colts And Orioles
07-04-2022, 10:32 PM
It is somewhat of a drop off in crime, but not as dramatic as you would think, or expect. It's just not a friendly place. Doesn't matter where in Chicago, our guys hate delivering up there. They're like, can't someone in the area build their cabinets? They hate it, absolutely hate it. Its like the wild west.

o

I know that Chicago has one of the highest violent crime-rates in the country (3rd overall, behind New York and Los Angeles), but I just looked up the crime rate in Highland Park, and it is not even close to the city of Chicago.

I think you may be mistaken by necessarily lumping it in with Chicago as virtually the same because they are geographically within 30 miles of each other, but OK.

o

Lov2fish
07-04-2022, 10:34 PM
o

I know that Chicago is one of the highest crime-rates in the country (3rd overall), but I just looked up the crime rate in Highland Park, and it is not even close to the city of Chicago. I think you may be mistaken by lumping it in with Chicago as virtually the same because they are geographically within 30 miles of each other, but OK.

o

It's like driving to Miami from West Palm. Every city runs together along the way. You can barely tell when you left one little burg and entered another. Chicago and its burbs are the same.

omahacolt
07-05-2022, 10:52 AM
It's like driving to Miami from West Palm. Every city runs together along the way. You can barely tell when you left one little burg and entered another. Chicago and its burbs are the same.

it is ok to be wrong

Lov2fish
07-05-2022, 01:25 PM
it is ok to be wrong

I have no problem being wrong when I am.

JAFF
07-05-2022, 02:10 PM
o

In fact, Scarsdale, NY, is just outside of New York City (closer to to it than where I live), and that is one of the wealthiest communities in the country with virtually no crime rate.

o

Stop making sense. Reality is beyond their reach

JAFF
07-05-2022, 02:10 PM
I have no problem being wrong when I am.

Im still waiting for you to be right

Hoopsdoc
07-05-2022, 06:45 PM
Stop making sense. Reality is beyond their reach

^^^^This guy says no one is defunding the police. In this very thread.