PDA

View Full Version : Damn!!!!!!!

Spike
06-09-2022, 02:34 PM
I just filled up my truck at almost $7.00 a gallon. WTF! I guess I should be thankful, one station in Mendocino Ca is charging $9.60 a gallon.

JAFF
06-09-2022, 03:40 PM
I just filled up my truck at almost $7.00 a gallon. WTF! I guess I should be thankful, one station in Mendocino Ca is charging $9.60 a gallon.

Wow. I will stop bitching a out $5.15 gas

Spike
06-09-2022, 04:44 PM
Wow. I will stop bitching a out $5.15 gas

Nah, don't stop bitching, that's still too much.

daedge
06-12-2022, 09:20 PM

Just back from a month in the US, mostly was in California, but also in Nevada, Utah and Arizona. Cheapest I got it was $4.40 a gallon, but in California it was pretty much $6.40 minimum.

That's still cheaper than what we're paying for it in NZ. That's more like the equivalent of $7.40 a gallon.

omahacolt
06-28-2022, 10:52 PM
Just back from a month in the US, mostly was in California, but also in Nevada, Utah and Arizona. Cheapest I got it was $4.40 a gallon, but in California it was pretty much $6.40 minimum.

That's still cheaper than what we're paying for it in NZ. That's more like the equivalent of $7.40 a gallon.

thats what you get for voting for biden

JAFF
06-29-2022, 07:18 AM
thats what you get for voting for biden

No US president can have complete control oil prices.

1. Shutting off oil imports from Russia is a world wide effort, which is painful at the pump, but is a better option than sending troops to the Ukraine. Pure supply/demand problem. Oh, and the lack of grain being harvested in the Ukraine, food costs are going up and in certain regions of the planet there is a serious food shortage.

2. Oil companies have shuttered 3-4 oil refiners during covid. Less people driving, less gas produced. Now, the oil bosses like high prices, and they are not in a hurry to start them back up.

3. More oil wells. It takes months to start drilling and get more oil out of the ground. Sounds good, but their is still the lack of refineries to produce gas.

All of the above is outside of the powers of the president.

Biden has NOT been perfect. The slow reaction to the economy struggles is on his admin.

Colts And Orioles
06-29-2022, 01:14 PM
No US president can have complete control oil prices.

o

Taking it a step further, US Presidents essentially have no control over the economy, period.

The nature of the capitalist system is "boom/bust" ...... every 15 to 20 years there is a recession, and shortly afterward there is an economic boom. The best that can be hoped for is to avoid a depression, which occurred from 1929-1939. History shows that for well over 150 years, "the boom/bust" cycle occurs, regardless of who is in the White House.

We've had recessions with liberal Democrats in office (Jimmy Carter), and with conservative Republicans in office (George Bush, Sr.) We've had economic booms with liberal Democrats in office (Bill Clinton) and with conservative Republicans in office (Ronald Reagan.) Reagan was also in office when the stock market crashed in October of 1987 occurred ...... that crash, or something similar to that crash, would have occurred if Walter Mondale had been in office.

The stock market crash of 1987 wasn't Reagan's fault, any more than the economic boom was to his credit in the early 80's in his first Presidential term. The same could be said of all of the "booms' and "busts" that have occurred throughout history ...... the recession of 1991 would have occurred if Michael Dukakis had been in office instead of George Bush Sr, and the economic boom of the mid-to-late 90's would have occurred if Bob Dole had been in office instead of Bill Clinton.

"If voting changed anything, they would make it illegal."

Emma Goldman

o