04-03-2022, 02:51 PM
https://www.theusfl.com/

Anybody going to watch this?

Colts And Orioles
04-04-2022, 01:23 PM

Is anybody going to watch this ???

o

Oh, man ...... the real/original USFL has a nice slot in pro football history. It was gradually gaining steam with each season between 1983 and 1985, and on the verge of perhaps equaling what the AFL had accomplished in their 10-year existence (1960 through 1969) when Donald Trump made one of the worst decisions in the history professional sports by taking what was already working and trying to play their seasons at the same time as the NFL played theirs.

That original USFL was run much more successfully than the WFL (1974-1975), and was at least equally as successful as was the AAFC (1946-1949), which spawned the Cleveland Browns and the San Francisco 49ers.

Now, they're using the name for some league that will probably wash out like the United Football League and the XFL did.

o

JAFF
04-07-2022, 08:27 PM
Just another ventured screwed up by trump

omahacolt
04-10-2022, 09:51 AM

Anybody going to watch this?

if i can remember it is on, i will watch it

CletusPyle
04-23-2022, 01:56 PM
I've been watching (when I remember) and I must say....I ain't hatin' it!

I noticed last night that Stevie Scott, that played at IU, is a RB for the Michigan Panthers!

Colts And Orioles
04-23-2022, 03:05 PM
I've been watching (when I remember), and I must say ...... I ain't hatin' it !!!

I noticed last night that Stevie Scott, who played at IU, is a RB for the Michigan Panthers !!!

o

I watched a few minutes of it ...... there were literally less than 100 people in the stands, and all of the games are played in Birmingham, Alabama.

I don't mind having these Minor League football organizations pop up and burn out every few years, I just wish that they wouldn't use the USFL's name and team logos as though it were anything close to the solid Major League that did as well as it did in 1983, 1984, and 1985 before Donald Trump committed professional suicide with it.

o

CletusPyle
04-23-2022, 04:18 PM
o

I watched a few minutes of it ...... there were literally less than 100 people in the stands, and all of the games are played in Birmingham, Alabama.

I don't mind having these Minor League football organizations pop up and burn out every few years, I just wish that they wouldn't use the USFL's name and team logos as though it were anything close to the solid Major League that did as well as it did in 1983, 1984, and 1985 before Donald Trump committed professional suicide with it.

o

Yes, the first season all the games will be played in Birmingham....if there are seasons after this the plan is to have them played in those cities. It is succeed or fail on TV viewership, not sure how that is going so far. But, I have actually enjoyed the 2 games I have watched, but then I am a football fan and will watch almost any football game if it is the only show in town!