PDA

View Full Version : To tom brady

JAFF
01-23-2022, 07:38 PM
Fuck you.

Yes, I feel better

kitekrazy
01-24-2022, 02:46 PM
I would like him better if he as a Colt over Wentz.

Discflinger
01-27-2022, 05:13 PM
I was one of the few calling for him to don the shoe. It would have been fairytale, but at this point fuck you and announce retirement already.

CletusPyle
01-29-2022, 01:42 PM
Fuck you.

Yes, I feel better

Seems harsh.....:D

kitekrazy
01-29-2022, 05:14 PM
I was one of the few calling for him to don the shoe. It would have been fairytale, but at this point fuck you and announce retirement already.

He was still one of the best entering his 40's. That tells you a lot about the state of the NFL QB. We probably wont see another era of franchise QBs.

I got over my Brady hate when he proved he could win a Super Bowl on another team. He will be considered the greatest of all time.

I'm still angered over the Grigson era. Luck would have been one of the greats.

When Rodgers retires I can't see the NFL being like it was.

Spike
01-29-2022, 06:37 PM
He was still one of the best entering his 40's. That tells you a lot about the state of the NFL QB. We probably wont see another era of franchise QBs.

I got over my Brady hate when he proved he could win a Super Bowl on another team. He will be considered the greatest of all time.

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson, and I would suspect that out of the 5 first round qb's who came out last year, maybe one or two of them might become franchise qb's. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Spike
01-29-2022, 07:16 PM
Speaking of Brady, McDouche appears headed to the Raiders. If he lands there, I hope the Raiders lose every fucking game as long as he is there. POS!

Spike
01-29-2022, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3gtOZ2XO-A

Brady has not said he is retiring and his dad said the same fucking thing.

Colts And Orioles
01-29-2022, 08:09 PM

o

He is already be considered by many to be the greatest of all-time, but he shouldn't be ...... any more than 4-time Super Bowl champion and 2-time Super Bowl MVP Terry Bradshaw should necessarily be considered a better quarterback than ringless Dan Marino. And Bill Russell should not necessarily be considered the greatest basketball player of all-time, even though he and his teams were the biggest winners of all-time.

Bill Belichick's best season ever as a head coach may have been when his team went 11-5 when Matt Cassel played the entire season for an injured Tom Brady.

o

Colts And Orioles
01-29-2022, 08:14 PM
Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson, and I would suspect that out of the 5 first round qb's who came out last year, maybe one or two of them might become franchise qb's. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

o

Yeah, the rule changes over the last 15-20 years have made offenses (and subsequently, quarterback statistics) almost unstoppable ...... if one simply looked at statistics and didn't know any better about their historical context, they would presume that Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh, and Sid Luckman couldn't shine Kirk Cousins' shoes.

o

Oldcolt
02-01-2022, 02:07 PM
Have to disagree about Russell. The object of the game is to win. Period. Dude played in 10 games 7 and a total of 26 or 27 deciding series games. He won every single one of them. He is the single greatest team player ever if what you want is for your team to win.

Colts And Orioles
02-01-2022, 03:25 PM
I have to disagree about Russell. The object of the game is to win. Period. Dude played in 10 games 7 and a total of 26 or 27 deciding series games. He won every single one of them. He is the single greatest team player ever if what you want is for your team to win.

o

That argument is somewhat akin to the argument of Tom Brady necessarily being the greatest quarterback of all-time. Wilt Chamberlain was such a dominant force in pro basketball, they changed the rules of the game to stop him. With Michael Jordan (for example), they did the opposite ...... they changed the rules of the game TO ENHANCE AND MARKET HIM MORE. Bill Russell won many more championships than did Chamberlain did (11 to 2), but he ALWAYS had a vastly superior team surrounding him, save for the 1966-67 and 1967-68 seasons when Wilt played for the Philadelphia 76ers. If you took Bill Russell off of the Celtics teams that he played for and replaced him with an average center, they would not have won 11 championships in 13 years like they did, but they would have won at least 6 or 7. They would not have won 12 conference championships in 13 years like they did, but they would have won at least 8 or 9, possibly even 10. If you took Wilt Chamberlain off of some of those Philadelphia Warriors and San Francisco Warriors teams that he played for early in his career and replaced him with an average center, they would not have come anywhere close to competing for a championship as they did. It is reminiscent of what happened to Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's teams when they each missed an entire year due to injury. In 2008, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their starting quarterback when Tom Brady had an injured knee. When Peyton Manning missed the entire 2011 season with a neck injury, they went 2-14 with Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, and Dan Orlovsky at quarterback.

Also, if those rules that were changed with the sole intent of stopping Chamberlain from being so utterly dominant, I'm pretty sure that Wilt's teams would have won more than the 2 world championships and 6 conference championships that they did during his 14-year career.

As is the case with Tom Brady and Michael Jordan, I try to always look at the entire context of the goings-on of a player's career before necessarily slapping the GOAT tag on them.

On the side of an argument FOR Russell being the greatest basketball player ever, he was the one constant on the teams that won 11 world championships and 12 conference championships in his 13-year career ...... in the early part of his career, Bob Cousy and Bill Sharman were the starting guards in the back court. When they retired, Sam Jones and KC Jones took over the starting guard jobs, and the Celtics kept on winning. In the front court, Tom Heinsohn and Jim Loscutoff played alongside Russell early in Russell's career. When those 2 players retired, Tom Sanders and John Havlicek joined Russell in the front court, and the Celtics kept on winning.

In some ways, Russell's constant presence over such a long period of time is somewhat analogous to Jim Palmer's constant presence in the Baltimore Orioles' starting pitching rotation between the mid-1960's and the early 1980's ...... early in Palmer's career, he was flanked by two outstanding left-handers in the starting rotation (Mike Cuellar and Dave McNally.) Later in Palmer's career, he again was flanked by two outstanding left-handers in the starting rotation (Mike Flanagan and Scott McGregor. But through it all, there was always Palmer anchoring that incredible starting rotation. Like Jim Palmer, Bill Russell was the one constant presence in the Celtics' dynasty during his long and distinguished career.

o

Racehorse
02-01-2022, 04:16 PM
o

That argument is somewhat akin to the argument of Tom Brady necessarily being the greatest quarterback of all-time. Wilt Chamberlain was such a dominant force in pro basketball, they changed the rules of the game to stop him. With Michael Jordan (for example), they did the opposite ...... they changed the rules of the game TO ENHANCE AND MARKET HIM MORE. Bill Russell won many more championships than did Chamberlain did (11 to 2), but he ALWAYS had a vastly superior team surrounding him, save for the 1966-67 and 1967-68 seasons when Wilt played for the Philadelphia 76ers. If you took Bill Russell off of the Celtics teams that he played for and replaced him with an average center, they would not have won 11 championships in 13 years like they did, but they would have won at least 6 or 7. They would not have won 12 conference championships in 13 years like they did, but they would have won at least 8 or 9, possibly even 10. If you took Wilt Chamberlain off of some of those Philadelphia Warriors and San Francisco Warriors teams that he played for early in his career and replaced him with an average center, they would not have come anywhere close to competing for a championship as they did. It is reminiscent of what happened to Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's teams when they each missed an entire year due to injury. In 2008, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their starting quarterback when Tom Brady had an injured knee. When Peyton Manning missed the entire 2011 season with a neck injury, they went 2-14 with Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, and Dan Orlovsky at quarterback.

Also, if those rules that were changed with the sole intent of stopping Chamberlain from being so utterly dominant, I'm pretty sure that Wilt's teams would have won more than the 2 world championships and 6 conference championships that they did during his 14-year career.

As is the case with Tom Brady and Michael Jordan, I try to always look at the entire context of the goings-on of a player's career before necessarily slapping the GOAT tag on them.

On the side of an argument FOR Russell being the greatest basketball player ever, he was the one constant on the teams that won 11 world championships and 12 conference championships in his 13-year career ...... in the early part of his career, Bob Cousy and Bill Sharman were the starting guards in the back court. When they retired, Sam Jones and KC Jones took over the starting guard jobs, and the Celtics kept on winning. In the front court, Tom Heinsohn and Jim Loscutoff were played alongside Russell early in Russell's career. When those 2 players retired, Tom Sanders and John Havlicek joined Russell in the front court, and the Celtics kept on winning.

In some ways, Russell's constant presence over such a long period of time is somewhat analogous to Jim Palmer's constant presence in the Baltimore Orioles' starting pitching rotation between the mid-1960's and the early 1980's ...... early in Palmer's career, he was flanked by two outstanding left-handers in the starting rotation (Mike Cuellar and Dave McNally.) Later in Palmer's career, he again was flanked by two outstanding left-handers in the starting rotation (Mike Flanagan and Scott McGregor. But through it all, there was always Palmer anchoring that incredible starting rotation. Like Jim Palmer, Bill Russell was the one constant presence in the Celtics' dynasty during his long and distinguished career.

o

Here is my take on naming GOATs. In the NBA, you have five starters, and they play both ways. It is easier to name a GOAT based on winning, because he has a greater impact than other athletes in team sports. In baseball, you have 9/10 starters, and most play both ways, but you cannot have a single GOAt, but a pitching GOAT and a hitting GOAT. Football is even worse, when it comes to individual impact, because there are 22 starters, and half do not play half the game. Yes, the QB handles the ball more, and is in charge of more, but after his drive ends, he sits and hopes for the defense to help him out. Some QBs have had more help (Brady and Bradshaw) than others (Manning and Marino) from their defense.

I typed this twice, because I hit a wrong button the first time, and my lengthier post was lost. I hope this all makes sense.

Racehorse
02-01-2022, 04:19 PM
By the way, here is my rankings of all-time NBA players:

1. Magic (the only player I have ever seen dominate a game from any of the five positions)
2. Jordan
3. Bird
4. Wilt
5. Kareem
6. Russell
7. Kobe
8. Hakeem
9. Shaq
10. Maybe Lebron?

Oldcolt
02-01-2022, 05:31 PM
Fun argument. I will also point out the Russell won the two NCAA championships. Chamberlain won shit at Kansas. The man was a winner. Period. His last year they finish 4th, Lakers have Chamberlain to and an all time squad. Still lose to the man’s team. Nobody has ever been the defensive presence he was, he blocked shots and kept possession of them all the time. Love the argument but he is my (and Bill Walton among others) GOAT. All these guy could easily be your GOAT. Russell is mine because I was a kid when he was in his prime and I loved the man’s game

Racehorse
02-01-2022, 09:28 PM
Fun argument. I will also point out the Russell won the two NCAA championships. Chamberlain won shit at Kansas. The man was a winner. Period. His last year they finish 4th, Lakers have Chamberlain to and an all time squad. Still lose to the man’s team. Nobody has ever been the defensive presence he was, he blocked shots and kept possession of them all the time. Love the argument but he is my (and Bill Walton among others) GOAT. All these guy could easily be your GOAT. Russell is mine because I was a kid when he was in his prime and I loved the man’s game

If Walton had stayed healthy, he would have been in my top ten.

Spike
02-02-2022, 12:36 AM

1. Magic (the only player I have ever seen dominate a game from any of the five positions)
2. Jordan
3. Bird
4. Wilt
5. Kareem
6. Russell
7. Kobe
8. Hakeem
9. Shaq
10. Maybe Lebron?

Pretty much agree, I would reverse Jordan and Magic. Jordan was the greatest basketball player I ever saw. And LeBron is not in my top ten either, replace him with Curry. Outside of that you are right on the money brother.

Gotta say this, FUCK LeBron James!!!!!!! I hate all sports teams from LA. Go Bengals.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
02-03-2022, 03:10 AM
I did find it mildly amusing that Brady's retirement announcement upset little Bobby Kraft.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/details-robert-krafts-furious-reaction-tom-brady-omitting-patriots-retirement-post

Joining NBC Sports Boston Sports Tonight on Tuesday, former Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson said he was told Robert Kraft threw a "temper tantrum" after reading Brady's Instagram post, which included shout-outs of virtually every member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization (as well as his body coach, his agents and his family) but didn't reference the Patriots.

"I was told earlier tonight that ... it was an unpleasant day today at the executive offices in Foxboro, and that Robert Kraft initially when he first heard the news was very upset," Johnson said.

"He was screaming and he was yelling and there was ... a temper tantrum that he threw after he read Brady's IG post. So, he was not happy about it in Foxboro, and I'm not surprised."

Racehorse
02-03-2022, 07:32 AM
I did find it mildly amusing that Brady's retirement announcement upset little Bobby Kraft.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/details-robert-krafts-furious-reaction-tom-brady-omitting-patriots-retirement-post

I noticed it, too. Cheats fans are playing it off, but we know the truth. It was an intentional slight.

Colts And Orioles
02-04-2022, 01:32 PM
o

I don't hate Brady, I hate the fact that he is overrated ...... I think that he is one of the greatest QB's of all-time, as opposed to necessarily and automatically being anointed THE greatest QB of all-time because of his 10 Super Bowl appearances and 7 Super Bowl wins.

o

Colts And Orioles
02-04-2022, 01:32 PM

1. Earvin "Magic" Johnson (the only player I have ever seen dominate a game from any of the five positions)
2. Jordan
3. Bird
4. Wilt
5. Kareem
6. Russell
7. Kobe
8. Hakeem
9. Shaq
10. Maybe Lebron?

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, I would put Bird above Jordan, and here's why.

Larry Bird almost single-handedly took the 2nd-worst team in the NBA (the 1978-79 Boston Celtics) and led them to the best record in the NBA (61-21) in his rookie season in 1979-80. After the Celtics drafted Kevin McHale and traded for Robert Parish, the Celtics won the NBA Championship in only Bird's second season in the league. The Celtics continued to be a juggernaut throughout Bird's prime, consistently winning 60-or-more games on a regular basis, wracking up a total of 3 NBA Championships, 5 NBA Finals appearances, and 8 trips to the Eastern Conference Finals ...... and when Bird missed almost the entire 1988-89 season, the Celtics went from being a perennial juggernaut to being just an average team with a record of 42-40. The next season when Bird came back, they went back to being a dominant team again with a 52-30 overall record ...... even though Bird was slightly past his prime at this point, it was very clear that as Bird went, so went the Celtics. Without Bird, the team, which included Hall-of-Famers Robert Parrish, Kevin McHale, and Dennis Johnson, barely broke the .500 mark. When Bird returned (albeit slightly past his prime), they resumed to their typical 50-plus win season/championship contender status.

When Jordan joined the Bulls, they were a similarly bad team as were the Celtics prior to Bird joining then ...... but unlike Bird, who immediately led them to having the best record in the NBA in his rookie season, Jordan's Bulls only improved to being an average team with a record slightly below .500 (38-44.) That pattern repeated itself for 2 additional seasons in 1985-86 and 1986-87 (40-42.) While Jordan missed the majority of his 2nd season with a broken foot, they were still the same average team that finished slightly-below .500 in his 3rd season in 1986-87. Finally, in Jordan's 4th season, they established themselves as a solid, winning team that went 50-32 overall and won a playoff series ...... the first time in Jordan's career in which his team did so. That was also the season in which they drafted Scottie Pippen.

Over the next 2 seasons the Bulls continued to improve in both the regular season and the post-season, but were stopped by the Detroit Pistons each time in the Eastern Conference Finals. In Jordan's 7th season, his time finally won it all, and in the process Jordan established himself as the best overall player in the NBA as well as one of the greatest players ever.

When Jordan first retired, the Bulls went 55-27 without him ...... an incredible feat, considering the fact that they had just lost the best player in the league. They also won a playoff series (something Jordan never did until Scottie Pippen and company joined him in his 4th season in the league.) Not only that, but they were robbed of winning another playoff series in the now infamous "Hugh Hollins" classic. If Hollins had not made than phantom foul call at the end of Game 5 of that playoff series, the Bulls would have advanced AT LEAST to the Eastern Conference Finals and maybe even the NBA Finals ...... it is one of the "great ifs" in NBA history as to whether or not Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc, Horace Grant, and Phil Jackson might have actually won a championship without Jordan if not for Hollins' call.

On the side of the argument FOR Jordan ......

1) l He was actually slightly UNDERRATED defensively ..... he won Defensive Player of the Year in his 4th season in the league (1987-88), and his incredible offensive numbers overshadowed his elite defensive skills. He led the league in steals 3 times, including the season in which he won that Defensive Player of the Year award.

2) l He led the league in scoring 10 times, ESSENTIALLY 10 CONSECUTIVE TIMES, considering that he missed the entire 1993-94 season and almost the entire 1994-95 season with his first retirement.

3) l He oversaw 2 mini-dynasties with the Bulls.

4) l He won 5 MVP awards, finished 2nd 3 additional times, and finished 3rd 2 more times (that's 5 Golds, and 3 Silvers, and 2 Bronzes.)

5) l He was the ultimate competitor, leading the league in minutes played twice, and willing his team to victory in the pivotal 5th game of the 1997 NBA Finals when his body was ravaged with the flu ...... Scottie Pippen continually helping Jordan off of the court throughout the game was reminiscent of when a dehydrated Kellen Winslow was continually helped off of the field by his teammates in a double-overtime 1981 playoff win in hot, humid Miami.

6) l When he was slightly past his prime, he made an otherwise awful Washington Bullets team respectable ...... they went 37-45 in 2 consecutive seasons before Jordan finally called it quits for good in April of 2003.

o

Racehorse
02-04-2022, 06:00 PM
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, I would put Bird above Jordan, and here's why.

Larry Bird almost single-handedly took the 2nd-worst team in the NBA (the 1978-79 Boston Celtics) and led them to the best record in the NBA (61-21) in his rookie season in 1979-80. After the Celtics drafted Kevin McHale and traded for Robert Parish, the Celtics won the NBA Championship in only Bird's second season in the league. The Celtics continued to be a juggernaut throughout Bird's prime, consistently winning 60-or-more games on a regular basis, wracking up a total of 3 NBA Championships, 5 NBA Finals appearances, and 8 trips to the Eastern Conference Finals ...... and when Bird missed almost the entire 1988-89 season, the Celtics went from being a perennial juggernaut to being just an average team with a record of 42-40. The next season when Bird came back, they went back to being a dominant team again with a 52-30 overall record ...... even though Bird was slightly past his prime at this point, it was very clear that as Bird went, so went the Celtics. Without Bird, the team, which included Hall-of-Famers Robert Parrish, Kevin McHale, and Dennis Johnson, barely broke the .500 mark. When Bird returned (albeit slightly past his prime), they resumed to their typical 50-plus win season/championship contender status.

When Jordan joined the Bulls, they were a similarly bad team as were the Celtics prior to Bird joining then ...... but unlike Bird, who immediately led them to having the best record in the NBA in his rookie season, Jordan's Bulls only improved to being an average team with a record slightly below .500 (38-44.) That pattern repeated itself for 2 additional seasons in 1985-86 and 1986-87 (40-42.) While Jordan missed the majority of his 2nd season with a broken foot, they were still the same average team that finished slightly-below .500 in his 3rd season in 1986-87. Finally, in Jordan's 4th season, they established themselves as a solid, winning team that went 50-32 overall and won a playoff series ...... the first time in Jordan's career in which his team did so. That was also the season in which they drafted Scottie Pippen.

Over the next 2 seasons the Bulls continued to improve in both the regular season and the post-season, but were stopped by the Detroit Pistons each time in the Eastern Conference Finals. In Jordan's 7th season, his time finally won it all, and in the process Jordan established himself as the best overall player in the NBA as well as one of the greatest eplayers ver.

When Jordan first retired, the Bulls went 55-27 without him ...... an incredible feat, considering the fact that they had just lost the best player in the league. They also won a playoff series (something Jordan never did until Scottie Pippen and company joined him in his 4th season in the league.) Not only that, but they were robbed of winning another playoff series in the now infamous "Hugh Hollins" classic. If Hollins had not made than phantom foul call at the end of Game 5 of that playoff series, the Bulls would have advanced AT LEAST to the Eastern Conference Finals and maybe even the NBA Finals ...... it is one of the "great ifs" in NBA history as to whether or not Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc, Horace Grant, and Phil Jackson might have actually won a championship without Jordan if not for Hollins' call.

On the side of the argument FOR Jordan ......

1) l He was actually slightly UNDERRATED defensively ..... he won Defensive Player of the Year in his 4th season in the league (1987-88), and his incredible offensive numbers overshadowed his elite defensive skills. He led the league in steals 3 times, including the season in which he won that Defensive Player of the Year award.

2) l He led the league in scoring 10 times, ESSENTIALLY 10 CONSECUTIVE TIMES, considering that he missed the entire 1993-94 season and almost the entire 1994-95 season with his first retirement.

3) l He oversaw 2 mini-dynasties with the Bulls.

4) l He won 5 MVP awards, finished 2nd 3 additional times, and finished 3rd 2 more times (that's 5 Golds, and 3 Silvers, and 2 Bronzes.)

5) l He was the ultimate competitor, leading the league in minutes played twice, and willing his team to victory in the pivotal 5th game of the 1997 NBA Finals when his body was ravaged with the flu ...... Scottie Pippen continually helping Jordan off of the court throughout the game was reminiscent of when a dehydrated Kellen Winslow was continually helped off of the field by his teammates in a double-overtime 1981 playoff win in hot, humid Miami.

6) l When he was slightly past his prime, he made an otherwise awful Washington Bullets team respectable ...... they went 37-45 in 2 consecutive seasons before Jordan finally called it quits for good in April of 2003.

o
I can agree. However, Bird entered the year older than Jordan was when he entered. Bird could be considered the GOAT by many. I actually thing the top three are so close that it doesn't matter to me the order.

Discflinger
02-23-2022, 06:17 PM
And the sellout award of the year goes to…
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/new-england-patriots/tom-brady-announces-his-first-big-post-retirement-move?_gl=1*4z31eb*_ga*YW1wLW5zNFhMVVZXWnFXR2lJa1VS OVM0eG5Xa2MxeXhRc0w5dkxycUJqTEVRN0p6X0FnVHlLczVVSm hON0hlSlJQelM.

Racehorse
02-23-2022, 08:36 PM
And the sellout award of the year goes to…
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/new-england-patriots/tom-brady-announces-his-first-big-post-retirement-move?_gl=1*4z31eb*_ga*YW1wLW5zNFhMVVZXWnFXR2lJa1VS OVM0eG5Xa2MxeXhRc0w5dkxycUJqTEVRN0p6X0FnVHlLczVVSm hON0hlSlJQelM.

Dude is a total douche