PDA

View Full Version : ***The OFFICIAL Super Wildcard Game day thread ****

Puck
01-15-2022, 04:15 PM
Colts really sucked the past couple of weeks but I still like football so. Fuck it.

Who I want to win today? Bengals and Bills.

Spike
01-15-2022, 05:11 PM
Definitely want the Bills to win. Bengals/Raiders, pulling for the Bengals because of Burrow. 3 teams I really want to see get their asses kicked are the Pats, Steelers and Cowgirls.

apballin
01-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Looks like Raiders bullshit luck has finally run out

Goddam Colts

Brylok
01-15-2022, 06:32 PM
If the Bengals could figure out how to score in the redzone, they'd be crushing the Raiders. I'm glad the Colts didn't run into them for this playoff game, we'd be getting boat-raced. I wish we had Burrow.

Colts And Orioles
01-15-2022, 07:06 PM
If the Bengals could figure out how to score in the red-zone, they'd be crushing the Raiders. I'm glad that the Colts didn't run into them for this playoff game, we'd be getting boat-raced. I wish we had Burrow.

o

Not necessarily ...... the Bengals lost to the Jets this year with Mike White playing quarterback for the injured Zach Wilson.

Mike White Steps In, Leads Jets to Wild 34-31 Win Over Bengals

(Associated Press)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401326444

The AFC has been all over the place this season, from one week to the next.

o

apballin
01-15-2022, 07:26 PM
o

Not necessarily ...... the Bengals lost to the Jets this year with Mike White playing quarterback for the injured Zach Wilson.

(Associated Press)

The AFC has been all over the place this season, from one week to the next.

o

That was way earlier in the season they’re playing a lot better especially Burrow

Colts And Orioles
01-15-2022, 07:47 PM
o

(Associated Press)

o

That was way earlier in the season they’re playing a lot better, especially Burrow.

o

That Jets game was not an anomaly for them. The Bengals also got demolished by the Browns after that Jets game, then got crushed by the Chargers a month later. After that they also lost to the 49ers, and finished the season with another loss to the Browns which knocked them out of being the #3 seed. They had a good season overall, but they were not a consistent juggernaut.

Prior to their losses to the Raiders and the Jaguars, almost every Colts fan on here (including both your and I) felt that we were one of the biggest bad-asses in the NFL that nobody wanted to face in the playoffs. That wasn't way earlier in the season, that was the last 2 weeks of the season. In a period of 8 days, our beloved Colts went from feared bad-asses to mediocre chokers.

As I stated, the AFC has been all over the place this season, from week-to-week.

o

Brylok
01-15-2022, 07:52 PM
I wish we had a Renfrow.

JAFF
01-15-2022, 09:14 PM
Go Buffalo!

Brylok
01-15-2022, 09:36 PM
Micah Hyde with perhaps the interception of the year. Wow.

CletusPyle
01-15-2022, 10:10 PM
Patriots getting bitch slapped 20-0 by the Bills, still in the second quarter!

Spike
01-15-2022, 11:14 PM
33-3 Bills, fucking love it. Fuck you BB and Kraft.

Puck
01-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Fuck the pats!!!!!

Puck
01-15-2022, 11:38 PM
FUCK THE PATS hahaha

Puck
01-16-2022, 12:51 AM
NOW I Want Bills/Bengals. AFCCG

Thats legit

apballin
01-16-2022, 12:12 PM
Now watch both NFC least teams get beat down today

Colts And Orioles
01-16-2022, 01:08 PM
o

The Chiefs were another AFC team that had an interesting season ...... they started the season at 3-4, including 2 thumpings by the Bills (38-20) and the Titans (27-3.)

At 3-4 overall, they then proceeded to emulate the 2008 Colts by winning 9 out of their final 10 games. The only loss in that span was a 34-31 nail-biter to the Bengals in Week 17.

Unfortunately for Peyton Manning and his the 12-4 Colts, they had to travel to San Diego to play the 8-8 Chargers in the first round of the playoffs ...... the Chiefs do not have that burden, as they will be hosting the Steelers in eastern Missouri this afternoon. The odds are that Patrick Mahomes and company will avoid the fate of the 2008 Colts, and advance to the divisional playoffs next week to host another playoff game in their home stadium.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2008-ind

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2021-kc

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2qka7Yp0o34rxJZBp8G0qUK8ivvgxL xRsBw&usqp=CAU lllllllllllllllllllllllll https://www.violetteee.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/il_fullxfull.2959551025_ri1t-247x296.jpg

o

Colts And Orioles
01-16-2022, 01:20 PM
o

These were posted back in early October, when the Chiefs were 1-2 and struggling:

o

Perhaps, but these are the Chiefs with the best quarterback in the NFL, coming off of 3 consecutive seasons of at least reaching the AFC championship game. Super Bowl loss or not, I don't think anybody expected the slow start from them. They were/are expected to be more like the Patriots, who lost the Super Bowl to the Eagles in 2017 and came back to win it in 2018.

o

o

It's still too early to tell ...... the Chiefs may still wind up going 12-5 or better, as most expect them to. If the 2018 Colts could start out at 1-5 and finish at 10-6, the 2021 Chiefs are definitely capable of turning around their shaky start.

o

Puck
01-16-2022, 02:38 PM
This first game today is a great nap game.

Spike
01-16-2022, 03:00 PM
This first game today is a great nap game.

Yep, sorry ass game. But I'm still celebrating the Pats getting their asses kicked. This weekend of football is tremendous just because of that. As long as Josh Allen stays healthy, the Pats are fucked, love it. Now, I just want the 49ers to beat the Cowgirls and the Chiefs to beat the rapist and it will be an awesome weekend of football for me.

Spike
01-16-2022, 03:03 PM
Well, 17-0 Bucs. You are right Puck, fucking nap game for sure.

Spike
01-16-2022, 03:06 PM
o

These were posted back in early October, when the Chiefs were 1-2 and struggling:

Mahomes is no longer the best young QB in football, that title now belongs to Josh Allen. Damn, I wish Allen was the Colts QB. That fucker is awesome.

Colts And Orioles
01-16-2022, 03:41 PM
Mahomes is no longer the best young QB in football, that title now belongs to Josh Allen. Damn, I wish that Allen was the Colts' QB ...... that fucker is awesome.

o

I think that that assertion is far too premature to make, especially considering that Mahomes has had a higher QB rating for each and every season between 2018 and 2021. In that 4-year span, Mahomes has an overwhelming advantage in TD-to-INT ratio (151 TD to 37 INT for Mahomes, 103 TD to 46 INT for Allen.)

Even this season (2021), Mahomes has an edge over Allen in all of the raw major categories of TD/INT/Completion Percentage ...... Allen has a ways to go before proclaiming that he is necessarily better than Mahomes.

o

JAFF
01-16-2022, 03:42 PM
o

I think that that assertion is far too premature to make, especially considering that Mahomes has had a higher QB rating for each and every season between 2018 and 2021. In that 4-year span, Mahomes has an overwhelming advantage in TD-to-INT ratio (151 TD to 37 INT for Mahomes, 103 TD to 46 INT for Allen.)

Even this season (2021), Mahomes has an edge over Allen in all of the major categories of TD/INT/Completion Percentage ...... Allen has a ways to go before proclaiming that he is necessarily better than Mahomes.

o

The Bills need to teach him to slide or run out o bounds

Colts And Orioles
01-16-2022, 03:51 PM
o

Even this season (2021), Mahomes has an edge over Allen in all of the raw major categories of TD/INT/Completion Percentage ...... Allen has a ways to go before proclaiming that he is necessarily better than Mahomes.

o
o

I think that this is a more reasonable hypothesis in regard to comparisons between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes ......

Patrick Mahomes vs. Josh Allen: Who will Be the Better QB in 5 Years?

(By Nick Goodling)

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/will-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-bills-josh-allen-better-qb-5-years

o

Hoopsdoc
01-16-2022, 04:06 PM
It’s some thin gruel for Colts fans but Hurts is not a good quarterback.

I mean, he’s better than Wentz, but not by much.

Brylok
01-16-2022, 04:25 PM

This Eagles performance is probably how we would have looked if we'd been in that game in Cincinnati yesterday. IDK, maybe Taylor could have done something. Wentz sure wouldn't have.

Colts And Orioles
01-16-2022, 06:05 PM
o

Robbie Gould's l previous career-long field goal in the post-season was 52 yards ...... he just made a 53-yarder.

Gould is also 16-for-16 in the post-season in field goal attempts. ) :eek:

o

Colts And Orioles
01-16-2022, 06:12 PM
o

Robbie Gould's l previous career-long field goal in the post-season was 52 yards ...... he just made a 53-yarder.

Gould is also 16-for-16 in the post-season in field goal attempts. ) :eek:

o
o

And those 16 career field goal attempts in the post-season, it started with Gould going 6-for-6 in the 2006 post-season for the Chicago Bears ...... the year that the Bears made it to the Super Bowl to play against the Colts.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/48/950/7950048.jpg

o

JAFF
01-16-2022, 06:58 PM

Not really

Hoopsdoc
01-16-2022, 07:33 PM
Not really

I’d take Hurts over Wentz in a heartbeat. No question.

Hurts biggest issue is his accuracy. He can get better at that.

Wentz has so many mechanical and mental issues, he will never get any better.

Puck
01-16-2022, 07:55 PM

I wouldn't. Might as well just have Hines play QB

bigalbert
01-16-2022, 08:05 PM
Jerry Hones beautiful stadium gaslighted his own team today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brylok
01-16-2022, 08:09 PM
SF was going to be my upset pick this week but I picked AZ instead. Cowboys shitting the bed at home in a playoff game is just so very Cowboys.

Puck
01-16-2022, 08:18 PM
SF was going to be my upset pick this week but I picked AZ instead. Cowboys shitting the bed at home in a playoff game is just so very Cowboys.

I just went and checked Sodas picks and I thought Kray actually picked them.

But he didn't everyone picked the boys. And they score as I am typing so I guess its not over yet!!!

JAFF
01-16-2022, 08:48 PM

Ok. We could argue all year. I am taking the high road and saying, ok, you win

Puck
01-16-2022, 09:00 PM
OMG. The cowboys really fucked that up. Holy Fuck Dak. that was fucking stupid

JAFF
01-16-2022, 09:04 PM
OMG. The cowboys really fucked that up. Holy Fuck Dak. that was fucking stupid

Rooting for the 49ners vs dallas is taking side between hitler v stalin.

Hoopsdoc
01-16-2022, 09:32 PM
Ok. We could argue all year. I am taking the high road and saying, ok, you win

??

It’s not a matter of winning. It’s just my opinion.

Neither are good quarterbacks, I just feel like Hurts has more of a chance at actually being a good quarterback going forward.

I think Wentz is done. I think what Reich got out of him this year is as good as he’s ever gonna get.

Puck
01-16-2022, 09:36 PM
??

It’s not a matter of winning. It’s just my opinion.

Neither are good quarterbacks, I just feel like Hurts has more of a chance at actually being a good quarterback going forward.

I think Wentz is done. I think what Reich got out of him this year is as good as he’s ever gonna get.

I'd rather see what Sam has. May end up being a down yr next yr. But the QB class for this draft isn't very good from what I read, But 2023 is suppose to be a lot better

apballin
01-16-2022, 10:18 PM
Seen a video of Cowboys fans throwing trash down at the players leaving

They lost but wtf I mean cmon

Puck
01-16-2022, 11:18 PM
Seen a video of Cowboys fans throwing trash down at the players leaving

They lost but wtf I mean cmon

So the call was a run. Dak has to be more aware of the time. What a bone head.

Jerry may just fire McArthy and trade Dak.

Puck
01-16-2022, 11:20 PM
How Bienimy doesn't have a HC job by now is crazy. That offense is dynamic beyond any I have ever seen Obviously they have the players to run it. But wow

Hoopsdoc
01-16-2022, 11:42 PM
How Bienimy doesn't have a HC job by now is crazy. That offense is dynamic beyond any I have ever seen Obviously they have the players to run it. But wow

When Mahomes is on, the Chiefs can really only beat themselves with mistakes and turnovers. No one else is beating them.

I wanna see them go in and destroy the Titans.

apballin
01-16-2022, 11:44 PM
When Mahomes is on, the Chiefs can really only beat themselves with mistakes and turnovers. No one else is beating them.

I wanna see them go in and destroy the Titans.

Them and the Bills should be fun

Spike
01-16-2022, 11:44 PM
Steelers, Pats, and Cowboys lost. What a great fucking weekend of playoff football for me.

Hoopsdoc
01-16-2022, 11:46 PM
Steelers, Pats, and Cowboys lost. What a great fucking weekend of playoff football for me.

It’s a crime against humanity that Pittsburgh made the playoffs. Christ, are they awful.

We have our very own ponies to thank for that. Sheesh.

Spike
01-16-2022, 11:58 PM

Wentz is just a stupid ass QB. He has all the physical tools, but is a brain dead rodent.

Racehorse
01-17-2022, 09:42 AM

Raiders, too.

Colts And Orioles
01-17-2022, 01:27 PM
o

Bengals Lose Starting DT Larry Ogunjobi for Rest of Season

(ESPN News)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33085900/cincinnati-bengals-lose-starting-dt-larry-ogunjobi-rest-season

o

Colts And Orioles
01-17-2022, 01:33 PM
o

Bengals Lose Starting DT Larry Ogunjobi for Rest of Season

(ESPN News)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33085900/cincinnati-bengals-lose-starting-dt-larry-ogunjobi-rest-season

o
o

Some more info in regard to the Bengals-Raiders game ...... the league was unimpressed with the officiating from this game.

Jerome Boger, Officials from Raiders-Bengals Game not Expected to Work Again this NFL Post-season

(By Adam Schefter)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33078679/jerome-boger-officials-raiders-bengals-game-not-expected-work-again-nfl-postseason

o

apballin
01-17-2022, 01:42 PM
That’s a big loss for the Bengals D but I still say they can go into Tennessee and win

Colts And Orioles
01-17-2022, 02:17 PM
o

When I was in 2nd grade in December of 1972, I saw the Dallas Cowboys pull off one of the most unbelievable comeback wins in post-season history. They were trailing the 49ers by a score of 28-13 in the 4th quarter when Tom Landry replaced Craig Morton at quarterback with Roger Staubach, who had missed almost the entire regular season with an injury. In those days there were no 2-point conversion options, so the 28-13 deficit meant that it was a 3-possession game.

Staubach led the Cowboys to 17 points in the final minutes of that game, including 10 in the final 1:30 to give the Cowboys an improbable 30-28 victory.

9 years later when I was in 11th grade, Joe Montana hit Dwight Clark in the back of the end-zone for a 28-27 lead against the Cowboys with less than a minute to play in the 1981 NFC Championship game. The Cowboys nearly came back to pull off the win after Danny White hit Drew Pearson for a long gain into 49ers territory in the waning seconds, but a fumble on the next play sealed the Cowboys' fate, and opened the door to what would become a dynasty for the 49ers franchise.

Between 1992 and 1994, the same two teams wound up meeting in 3 consecutive NFC Championship games, with the winner of each game going on to win the Super Bowl (the Cowboys in 1992 and 1993, and the 49ers in 1994.)

Yesterday's thrilling finish to these two teams' Wildcard playoff game was yet another chapter in the post-season rivalry between these 2 storied franchises.

49ers Pull Off Road Upset at Dallas in 'Roller Coaster' Match-up Between Old Rivals

(By Nick Wagoner)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33081953/underdog-san-francisco-49ers-pull-stunner-road-hand-mistake-prone-dallas-cowboys-early-playoff-exit

o

Spike
01-17-2022, 10:33 PM
Kyler Murray just pulled off a Carson Wentz blunder.

Spike
01-17-2022, 10:34 PM
o

When I was in 2nd grade in December of 1972, I saw the Dallas Cowboys pull off one of the most unbelievable comeback wins in post-season history. They were trailing the 49ers by a score of 28-13 in the 4th quarter when Tom Landry replaced Craig Morton at quarterback with Roger Staubach, who had missed almost the entire regular season with an injury. In those days there were no 2-point conversion options, so the 28-13 deficit meant that it was a 3-possession game.

Staubach led the Cowboys to 17 points in the final minutes of that game, including 10 in the final 1:30 to give the Cowboys an improbable 30-28 victory.

9 years later when I was in 11th grade, Joe Montana hit Dwight Clark in the back of the end-zone for a 28-27 lead against the Cowboys with less than a minute to play in the 1981 NFC Championship game. The Cowboys nearly came back to pull off the win after Danny White hit Drew Pearson for a long gain into 49ers territory in the waning seconds, but a fumble on the next play sealed the Cowboys' fate, and opened the door to what would become a dynasty for the 49ers franchise.

Between 1992 and 1994, the same two teams wound up meeting in 3 consecutive NFC Championship games, with the winner of each game going on to win the Super Bowl (the Cowboys in 1992 and 1993, and the 49ers in 1994.)

Yesterday's thrilling finish to these two teams' Wildcard playoff game was yet another chapter in the post-season rivalry between these 2 storied franchises.

49ers Pull Off Road Upset at Dallas in 'Roller Coaster' Match-up Between Old Rivals

(By Nick Wagoner)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33081953/underdog-san-francisco-49ers-pull-stunner-road-hand-mistake-prone-dallas-cowboys-early-playoff-exit

o

Love it, pulling for the 49ers all the way now. Don't think they will beat the Packers though.

Puck
01-17-2022, 10:35 PM

No Spike that is the Kyler Murray special. He did the EXACT same thing when playing us. And we got the safety

But some would be blaming Frank if that were Wentz doing that

CletusPyle
01-17-2022, 10:35 PM

You beat me to it...I was going to say:

Murray < Wentz

:D

Puck
01-17-2022, 11:15 PM
A little Philly Special by the Rams? Well kinda

Brylok
01-17-2022, 11:56 PM
Well I got that one wrong. I took a chance because there's always an upset in the wildcard round, and AZ is good on the road. Stafford isn't used to being in playoff games and he was 0-3 in past history. I thought he might crumble under the pressure and that AZ was due for a win. I should have just picked SF. I hope I'm not out of the contest. Smh

Puck
01-18-2022, 12:18 AM
Well I got that one wrong. I took a chance because there's always an upset in the wildcard round, and AZ is good on the road. Stafford isn't used to being in playoff games and he was 0-3 in past history. I thought he might crumble under the pressure and that AZ was due for a win. I should have just picked SF. I hope I'm not out of the contest. Smh

You already won and moved on. AC updated the OP in Sodas picks

Daedge and I are in a barn burner. But I think Daedge is gonna pull this out

Colts And Orioles
01-18-2022, 04:34 PM
o

With the Bengals' win over the Raiders on Saturday, the Detroit Lions now own the NFL's longest playoff-win drought ...... in 1991, they beat the Dallas Cowboys in an NFC Divisional Playoff game before losing to the Redskins in that year's NFC Championship game.

(Eric Woodyard, ESPN Reporter)

1991 LIONS STARTING OFFENSE

QB llll) Erik Kramer

RB llllll Barry Sanders

WR lllll Mike Farr

WR lllll Willie Green

WR lllll Herman Moore

WR lll) Aubrey Matthews

LT lllll) Lomas Brown

LG llllll Eric Andolsek

CT llllll Kevin Glover

RG llll, Ken Dallafior

RT lllll, Scott Conover

1991 LIONS STARTING OFFENSE

LB llll) Marc Spindler

LB llllll Lawrence Pete

DE llll) Dan Owens

LB llllll George Jamison

LB llllll Chris Spielman

LB llllll Victor Jones

LB llllll Tracy Hayworth

CB llll, Ray Crockett

CB llll, Mel Jenkins

SS llll, William White

FS llllll Bennie Blades

o

Colts And Orioles
01-18-2022, 11:31 PM
o

4 out of the 6 playoff games played this past weekend were not competitive.

In the old format (6 playoff teams from each conference), fans would have watched 2-out-of-4 interesting games, instead of 2-out-of-6.

This writer chimes in on the NFL's decision to expand the playoff format last year.

The NFL Chose Quantity Over Quality, and Its Product Suffered

(By Jerry Brewer)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/01/18/nfl-playoffs-expanded-format/

o

apballin
01-19-2022, 12:23 AM
I don’t like the expanded playoffs at all, the 7 seed shouldn’t be in there the #2 seed should have a bye

Instead the 2 is setup for success because they get a tuneup vs a shitty team that historically wouldn’t be there

Meanwhile the 1 seed has to play the hottest team in the playoffs on both sides

Racehorse
01-19-2022, 08:29 AM
I don’t like the expanded playoffs at all, the 7 seed shouldn’t be in there the #2 seed should have a bye

Instead the 2 is setup for success because they get a tuneup vs a shitty team that historically wouldn’t be there

Meanwhile the 1 seed has to play the hottest team in the playoffs on both sides

If you don't like it now, just wait until they expand it to 8 teams.

Colts And Orioles
01-21-2022, 02:59 PM
o

Cooper Kupp l is having an incredible season, and is in the prime of what very well may wind up being a Hall-of-Fame career. In addition to his outstanding pass receiving statistics, he is also an exceptional blocker. I think that he is mildly reminiscent of the late l John Mackey l ...... does he and his Rams teammates have enough to beat the Buccaneers this weekend ????

(THREAD) ) http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138155

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/req/20180910/images/headshots/KuppCo00_2021.jpg llllllllllllllllllllllll https://www.pro-football-reference.com/req/20180910/images/headshots/MackJo00_2019.jpg

o

Racehorse
01-22-2022, 08:54 AM
o

Cooper Kupp l is having an incredible season, and is in the prime of what very well may wind up being a Hall-of-Fame career. In addition to his outstanding pass receiving statistics, he is also an exceptional blocker. I think that he is mildly reminiscent of the late l John Mackey l ...... does he and his Rams teammates have enough to beat the Buccaneers this weekend ????

I hope they can put the cheater and his refs out of the playoffs, but like I said, they are his refs.

Colts And Orioles
01-22-2022, 05:22 PM
o

o

o

I think that this is a more reasonable hypothesis in regard to comparisons between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes ......

Patrick Mahomes vs. Josh Allen: Who will Be the Better QB in 5 Years ???

(By Nick Goodling)

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/will-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-bills-josh-allen-better-qb-5-years

o
o

Additional hypothesis on the potential future rivalry of Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes ......

Manning-Brady 2.0 ??? Why Patrick Mahomes vs. Josh Allen Could be the AFC's Next Great QB Rivalry

(By Alaina Getzenberg and Adam Teicher)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33108727/manning-brady-20-why-patrick-mahomes-vs-josh-allen-afc-next-great-qb-rivalry

o