PDA

View Full Version : 2016-17 Indiana Pacers Thread

Colts And Orioles
02-09-2017, 08:03 PM
o

After treading water at the .500 mark for most of the season, the Pacers had a 7-game winning streak snapped by a loss to the Cavaliers in their last game.

Subsequently, their 29-23 overall record puts them in position for a possible run at a playoff seed of anywhere between the #3 and #8 positions.

They play the hottest team in the NBA tomorrow (the Washington Bullets.)

o

GoBigBlue88
02-10-2017, 09:00 AM
Finding it hard to find a reason to care about this team, to be honest. They're not bad, but I just don't really understand what's possibly exciting about them. They made a HC change for the sake of it, it seems, and yeah, they score more points now, but their defense is worse and effort is more inconsistent, so it all comes out in the wash.

Still no bench; Larry Bird's eternal undoing.

Still looking at Paul George to do everything. Shades of Andrew Luck. Only, I think Luck consistently gives you everything he's got game in and game out. Not sure George does that every game.

Overall, I see a team that's far less than the sum of its parts. Not interested.

Luck4Reich
02-15-2017, 08:07 AM
If you are going to make a HC change at least put an effort in upgrading.

Colts And Orioles
02-21-2017, 07:44 PM
o

After treading water at the .500 mark for most of the season, the Pacers had a 7-game winning streak snapped by a loss to the Cavaliers in their last game.

Subsequently, their 29-23 overall record puts them in position for a possible run at a playoff seed of anywhere between the #3 and #8 positions.

They play the hottest team in the NBA tomorrow (the Washington Bullets.)

o

o

After having finally gotten themselves jump-started to 7 games over .500 (29-22) 2 weeks agao, the Pacers then went and lost 6 straight games before the All-Star break ...... essentially putting themselves right back where they have been for almost the entire season (hovering around the .500 mark.)

o

Brylok
06-19-2017, 03:11 PM
PG13 screwed the Pacers. It's a dead franchise now. I don't see the fanbase sitting through another 1980s rebuilding stretch. Las Vegas Pacers? Seattle Superpacers?

Racehorse
06-20-2017, 08:47 AM
PG13 screwed the Pacers. It's a dead franchise now. I don't see the fanbase sitting through another 1980s rebuilding stretch. Las Vegas Pacers? Seattle Superpacers?

I just hope they can trade him to Boston or somewhere that can knock off Lebron and he changes his mind about LA. That or he stays and the brass sits him all season and gets him rusty for LA.

Brylok
06-20-2017, 01:47 PM
I just hope they can trade him to Boston or somewhere that can knock off Lebron and he changes his mind about LA. That or he stays and the brass sits him all season and gets him rusty for LA.
I don't blame Paul George for wanting to move on. I blame him for destroying his trade value and, as a result, the future of the franchise. It's going to be ugly anyway, but it will be very ugly if they don't move him somehow. Larry Bird is also to blame, but he already fired himself.

Butter
06-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Fuck George and frankly fuck the NBA, this super team bullshit sucks harder than Omaha's mom.

rcubed
06-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Fuck George and frankly fuck the NBA, this super team bullshit sucks harder than Omaha's mom.
at least the "super teams" are interesting to watch.

was there this much complaining when jordan's bulls were on their runs? or when it was either lakers or celtics for a decade?

Racehorse
06-21-2017, 01:26 PM
at least the "super teams" are interesting to watch.

was there this much complaining when jordan's bulls were on their runs? or when it was either lakers or celtics for a decade?

Jordan's teams were not super teams. The Lakers were the only real super team of that era. The Celtics were close, but not on par with the Lakers.

rcubed
06-21-2017, 04:03 PM
eh, close enough to super teams to me.

bulls had two three-peats, 6 chips in 8 years, and could have won more if jordan didnt take a sabbatical. they also had the most wins in a season during that time which stood until recently. they also had a lot of really talented guys on those teams - jordan, pippen, grant, paxson, kerr, rodman.... at the time I would consider them a super team. maybe not quit to the level of what golden state has put together now, but super for the time none the less.

Every championship series in the 80s featured either the lakers or the celtics, and three years had both. Tons of all stars on both teams.

Racehorse
06-21-2017, 06:10 PM
eh, close enough to super teams to me.

bulls had two three-peats, 6 chips in 8 years, and could have won more if jordan didnt take a sabbatical. they also had the most wins in a season during that time which stood until recently. they also had a lot of really talented guys on those teams - jordan, pippen, grant, paxson, kerr, rodman.... at the time I would consider them a super team. maybe not quit to the level of what golden state has put together now, but super for the time none the less.

Every championship series in the 80s featured either the lakers or the celtics, and three years had both. Tons of all stars on both teams.

Bird and Magic made their players better than they would have been without them. Jordan was a one-man wrecking crew that could not be beaten in a series.

I think your qualifier that every series had one of those teams is cherry-picking though. The Sixers were the dominant team in '83, beating out the Celts. The only team close to being a super team was LA, who had Magic (who I think was the best ever), Jabbar and Worthy. However,I think all of those players were drafted by LA, so that's why they get somewhat of a pass while GS and CLE don't.

Colts2006
06-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Celtics had some pretty good teams in the 80s....but I wouldn't call them a Super team.....although if Len Bias hadn't died....they might have become one.

apballin
06-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Fuck Paul George, he's overrated anyway fucking Joe Johnson jr trade the bum to LA so he can collect a lot of $$$ and not win shit. Pacers will be fine without him he's no leader nor someone a teammate trusts in clutch situations. We got Myles we'll be fine, Lance and Myles will keep us in the playoffs

rcubed
06-25-2017, 02:08 AM
Bird and Magic made their players better than they would have been without them. Jordan was a one-man wrecking crew that could not be beaten in a series.

I think your qualifier that every series had one of those teams is cherry-picking though. The Sixers were the dominant team in '83, beating out the Celts. The only team close to being a super team was LA, who had Magic (who I think was the best ever), Jabbar and Worthy. However,I think all of those players were drafted by LA, so that's why they get somewhat of a pass while GS and CLE don't.
GS drafted their core of curry, thompson, and green. durant is the major one who came in FA. Thats great drafting that took them to two finals, one won and broke all sorts of records. They add a top player and win another.

Jabbar played for milwaukee first then came to the laker

Racehorse
06-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Jabbar played for milwaukee first then came to the lakerYeah, I forgot that. Jabbar was there before the others arrived, though. Magic arrived in '79. Rambis in '81. Worthy in '82. Scott in '83. Not sure when Cooper arrived.

apballin
07-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Oladipo and Sabonis I'll take it

Racehorse
07-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Oladipo and Sabonis I'll take it

Better than the bag of peanuts I thought we'd get when George bent the front office over and broke it off.

apballin
07-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Better than the bag of peanuts I thought we'd get when George bent the front office over and broke it off.

No doubt, we got 2 starters for 1

1 is 21 years old and reminds me of troy murphy

the other is 24 and is dewayne wade all over