![]() |
|
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
With any luck, maybe we can get the Jets to give us a deal on the rail they used to run Sam Darnold out of town on.
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
In spite of the fact that I heavily favor Daniel Jones over Anthony Richardson as the Colts' best option at quarterback, I love Anthony Richardson. If Richardson retired tomorrow, the first thing that I always think about when I hear or read his name is the time that he led the Colts to a late, emotionally-charged, come-from-behind win against the Patriots on their homefield at Gillette Stadium in 2024 ...... he led them to a TD AND a 2-point conversion in the final seconds of the 4th quarter in a thrilling, 25-24 win. Also, actions speak louder than words ...... Richardson took himself out of a game in 2024 because he was tired ...... so what did he do ??? In the off-season in between 2024 and 2025 he stopped eating his favorite snack (Skittles), did an intensive cardiovascular training program, and lost 15 pounds of body-fat ...... he looked like a long-distance runner in his press conference in August of 2025. Anthony Richardson is young, talented, raw, inexperienced, and flawed ...... and I love him ...... he may or may not evolve into a top-tier quarterback someday, but I will aways think of him as a Colts player who has a heart of gold and the determination of a bulldog. o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck |
| The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post: | ||
Racehorse (09-26-2026) | ||
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
I’m no Leonard fan, Ed. AR is better than Riley Leonard but that’s not saying much.
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
The NFl has a QB development problem. A linemen development problem. And a QB protection problem. And they are all linked.
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post: | ||
sherck (09-24-2026) | ||
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Having Jonathan Taylor makes their job so much easier, I believe any of the 3 qbs on this roster can win games and compete for the AFC south |
|
#16
|
|||
|
|||
|
The problem is impatience. And unfortunately you can't really blame the coaches, because typically they get 3 years at most to prove themselves, so they have to be quick with pulling a player if they're not performing well, even if that experience would be irreplaceable in developing that player into a good player. It's why I'm glad the Colts are keeping AR, and if this regime sticks around, I hope they resign him. Just because his first time out was bad doesn't mean he can never be a good QB. His mechanics have looked significantly improved over the last 2 preseasons, and there's a chance he could still develop into a good QB.
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post: | ||
Racehorse (09-26-2026) | ||
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
But I think the restrictions on practice time is why we aren’t seeing more development. When Reggie was playing every player got reps. Yeah practices were longer, but that’s how you develop your backups. Now the 1sts take all the reps. Backups are reduced to mental reps. And hence you have a league with shallow olines and one quality QB. I would be interested in seeing AR with more maturity in the second half of him 20’s. If only we could put Jones work ethic and heart in AR. |
![]() |
|
|