View Single Post
  #83  
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,156
Thanks: 339
Thanked 1,653 Times in 788 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
A lot of it is on Jones though. That first fumble was inexcusable, the type of mistake a high school quarterback shouldn’t make.
I agree, I'm not a big fan of Jones, but he is our QB so the team needs to make the best of it. The biggest problem I see is that teams feel him unable to handle a pressure defense. That's not going to change until the Colts AS A TEAM, can overcome it. Use multiple TEs, develop fast opening pass routes for at least one or two WRs, and there must be many other ways to defeat the pressure defense. I'm no genius of football, so I'm just adding my two cents here. It's a fact that DJ is our QB so our coaches need to work with what they have. It does no good to develop brilliant pass routes if they take longer to develop than the pressure gets to DJ. You need to make the defense pay for rushing more players than your OL can handle.

Bottom line, you can shake your head and watch your QB come apart as the pressure gets to him, or help him overcome it by developing and giving him the tools he can use. I remember reading about Belichick saying you get players to play to their strengths and help them avoid their weaknesses. DJs weaknesses are well known, by the coaches, the fans and the defenses of all of our opponents. Winning coaches work with what they have, losing coaches try to fit square pegs in their round holes.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote