View Single Post
  #27  
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,296
Thanks: 5,209
Thanked 5,566 Times in 3,376 Posts
Default

o


Jayden Daniels Feeling Confident, Despite Elbow Injury ...... ‘I Can Get Through It Again’

(By Tashan Reed)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-elbow-injury/



WATFORD, England — When Jayden Daniels realized that he’d dislocated his left elbow ...... again ...... the Washington Commanders quarterback could only feel frustration. After a rough game to open the NFL season, he was in the midst of a resurgent performance in the first half against the Dallas Cowboys.

Just as Daniels started to feel comfortable coming off of an injury-riddled sophomore season, he’d be sidelined once more.

“I felt like I was getting my groove and rhythm and everything, and then that happened,” he said on Thursday.

Once Daniels processed his irritation, his focus shifted to how he’d come back.

“From there, it was really just, ‘I got through this once,’” Daniels said ...... “‘I can get through it again.’”

Just 10 days after Daniels got hurt on September 20th, he returned to practice as a limited participant on Wednesday. On Thursday, he practiced again. The portion of practice in which the media are allowed to watch doesn’t include team drills, so his involvement was unclear ...... but the Commanders are leaving the door open for him to play against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, in London.

“It feels good,” Daniels said of his elbow. “I’m just taking it day-by-day.”

Asked whether he expects to play on Sunday, Daniels repeated the “day-by-day” mantra. Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Coach Dan Quinn said that whether Daniels plays will depend on the functionality and strength of his left arm (his non-throwing arm.)

This is the second time in which Daniels has suffered a dislocated left elbow. The first time, which came last November, forced him to miss a month. After Daniels wore a brace when he returned last year, he’s now wearing a much bulkier brace that doesn’t allow him to fully extend his left arm.

“It’s going to be an adjustment period,” Daniels said, “but it just feels good to go back out there and really just play football again.”

Daniels didn’t suffer any fractures or significant ligament damage in his left arm ...... he decided to forgo surgery after meeting with specialists last week.

“I love football,” Daniels said. “I get paid to play football. Everybody’s hurting. Something’s wrong with everybody on this team. For me, it’s just about being a leader and about being a guy to just go out there and give it my shot to play. Obviously, I’ll protect myself and stuff like that ...... but I just love football, and I have a passion for it.”

Daniels said that he’s not worried about dislocating his left elbow for a 3rd time, but he didn’t rule out surgery in the off-season.

“I've got to wait until after the season, and see what the doctors say and everything,” Daniels said. “I’ll make the decision that’s best for me.”

If Daniels doesn’t make enough progress to play, Washington will start quarterback Marcus Mariota for the second straight game. Mariota led the Commanders to a win over the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.

Asked about not knowing which quarterback he’s game-planning around, offensive coordinator David Blough responded ...... “The sooner, in our profession, is certainly better. But we are certainly here in these roles to adapt and be versatile, and be fluid. That’s our job ...... to be able to have the contingencies.”

Blough noted that the similarities in Daniels’s and Mariota’s skill sets ...... they’re both mobile quarterbacks who have the arm talent to push the ball downfield ...... make that process easier.

“We’re very fortunate to have a backup who kind of mirrors the skill set of the starter,” Blough said ...... “It’s fairly similar.”


Rachaad White Doesn't Practice


Running back Rachaad White missed his second straight practice because of a shoulder injury. ...... that makes it doubtful that he’ll play on Sunday.

The other running backs on the active roster are Jacory Croskey-Merritt, Kaytron Allen, and Austin Ekeler ...... Ekeler signed with the team this week. Running back Robert Henry Jr. could get called up from the practice squad if White doesn’t play.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote