View Single Post
  #17  
Old 09-27-2026, 01:31 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The problem is impatience. And unfortunately you can't really blame the coaches, because typically they get 3 years at most to prove themselves, so they have to be quick with pulling a player if they're not performing well, even if that experience would be irreplaceable in developing that player into a good player. It's why I'm glad the Colts are keeping AR, and if this regime sticks around, I hope they resign him. Just because his first time out was bad doesn't mean he can never be a good QB. His mechanics have looked significantly improved over the last 2 preseasons, and there's a chance he could still develop into a good QB.
I will say yes to a large degree about QB development. Colleges are in win now mode as well so a lot of teams just put the best athlete they have out there and let him go. It’s criminal how under developed some of these guys are. I was listening to nfl radio and they said when Jordan Love came out they were interviewing him and the interviewer asked him what he prefers about a hard count and he paused then said “what’s a hard count?” For a 1st round QB not to know that is ridiculous.

But I think the restrictions on practice time is why we aren’t seeing more development. When Reggie was playing every player got reps. Yeah practices were longer, but that’s how you develop your backups. Now the 1sts take all the reps. Backups are reduced to mental reps. And hence you have a league with shallow olines and one quality QB.

I would be interested in seeing AR with more maturity in the second half of him 20’s.
If only we could put Jones work ethic and heart in AR.
Reply With Quote