View Single Post
  #10  
Old 09-24-2026, 11:53 AM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,296
Thanks: 5,209
Thanked 5,566 Times in 3,376 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post



The hate for Anthony Richardson is beyond me ...... why on Earth would the news that starting QB's are being injured at a high rate be seen as "we need to get rid of our backup." ???



o


In spite of the fact that I heavily favor Daniel Jones over Anthony Richardson as the Colts' best option at quarterback, I love Anthony Richardson.

If Richardson retired tomorrow, the first thing that I always think about when I hear or read his name is the time that he led the Colts to a late, emotionally-charged, come-from-behind win against the Patriots on their homefield at Gillette Stadium in 2024 ...... he led them to a TD AND a 2-point conversion in the final seconds of the 4th quarter in a thrilling, 25-24 win.

Also, actions speak louder than words ...... Richardson took himself out of a game in 2024 because he was tired ...... so what did he do ??? In the off-season in between 2024 and 2025 he stopped eating his favorite snack (Skittles), did an intensive cardiovascular training program, and lost 15 pounds of body-fat ...... he looked like a long-distance runner in his press conference in August of 2025.


Anthony Richardson is young, talented, raw, inexperienced, and flawed ...... and I love him ...... he may or may not evolve into a top-tier quarterback someday, but I will aways think of him as a Colts player who has a heart of gold and the determination of a bulldog.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-26-2026)