View Single Post
  #29  
Old 09-24-2026, 07:28 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,133
Thanks: 338
Thanked 1,638 Times in 779 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o



Frankly, I think that the Patriots got the 1st down, and the referees gave them a bad spot ...... but I don't feel sorry for the Patriots, since they were the beneficiaries of the referees' generosity towards them on so many other occasions when Brady played for them.

o
I believe there's a difference between crossing the goal line and where the line to gain is on the rest of the field. When the pass was caught, the receiver was in the air and probably past the line to gain. He was met there and pushed back and his progress when he landed was short of the first down. Had he been at the goal line, a TD would have been awarded because once the ball breaks the goal line, the play is over.
That was the explanation and I buy it.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote