ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pierce= "Avoided something serious" (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217112)

Oldcolt 09-22-2026 10:33 AM

AD Michell is on pace for 77 catches for 1045 yards over on the Jets, about 14 yards per catch. I'm not saying he will turn into a 'thing' but if you are going to draft raw dudes like him and AR you need the patience and balls to let them develop. Of course it helps if you have the ability to develop raw players. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this coaching staff doesn't. More bad luck.

Hoopsdoc 09-23-2026 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 354512)
AD Michell is on pace for 77 catches for 1045 yards over on the Jets, about 14 yards per catch. I'm not saying he will turn into a 'thing' but if you are going to draft raw dudes like him and AR you need the patience and balls to let them develop. Of course it helps if you have the ability to develop raw players. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this coaching staff doesn't. More bad luck.

Mitchell was one of the more physically gifted wide receivers the Colts have ever had. His problem was between his ears.

With a more patient coaching staff, he could have been something here.

Chromeburn 09-24-2026 02:32 PM

The problem is Mitchell needs a volume of targets to produce. He wasn’t going to get that here with all the other options to go to.

Hoopsdoc 09-24-2026 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 354707)
The problem is Mitchell needs a volume of targets to produce. He wasn’t going to get that here with all the other options to go to.

He’d be getting plenty of targets here for the foreseeable future.

apballin 09-24-2026 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 354459)
pierce will be out a significant amount of time. hopefully Burks or duhlin can give us a spark on the outside

I agree I’m hoping it’s Burks he has the game changing speed

Oldcolt 09-25-2026 10:41 AM

Read an article that they expect Pierce back in 4-6 weeks now. I'm betting nobody has an idea and we don't see him (at least in any effective role) this year and possibly ever. The good news in the article is they absolutely believe unless we somehow get a deep playoff run there will be a total cleaning of the house here.

jasperhobbs 09-25-2026 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 354475)
This has a very familiar ring to (Luck,Leonard).

We had no choice but to sign him when we missed on Mitchell. We all wanted Pierce signed but none of us saw his medicals. I didn't even know he needed surgery. The Colts did. It was a big time gamble even if he didn't need surgery (he isn't a number one receiver yet) necessitated by another missed draft choice (Mitchell) the way I am looking at it. It is possible it is just bad luck. Needs to stop either way.

I'm not so sure Mitchell is a miss. He has been products for the Jets. I didn't like the sauce trade and certainly not throwing in Mitchell


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.