ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-16-2023, 10:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,663 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Denver, Houston and Buffalo are likely to lose this weekend, so we gain a game on them. If Jax also loses, we would be tied for the division lead, but they have the tiebreaker. Who could have seen this back in August?
I did concoct a division winning scenario back then, but it did not involve Gardner Minshew and Zack Moss playing significant snaps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-16-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 01:44 AM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I had us pegged for 7-10 wins. I had no real idea which we would get, but knew it would be better than the four we got last year.
I forgot what I predicted, but I didn't think they'd get to 8 wins so it was more than I had hoped for.

That said now 8 will feel like a massive disappointment.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:53 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTails View Post
Don't forget we've had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year.
No doubt that's a big part of it, but getting to 8 wins at this point in the season is quite the accomplishment. Especially w/ all of the injuries we've had.

I know I bet the under on our season win total, and that was with the assumption that AR would stay healthy.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 12-17-2023 at 09:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 10:34 AM

Thanked 1,665 Times in 796 Posts

When we were in the Polian/Dungy/Manning heyday, I would always root for the other team to be at their best. I wanted them to win without an asterisk every week against a constant first place schedule. Really prove it.

If we were at that point with AR, I'd probably do the same. But right now, it's closer to the '95 feel. And the frustration of post-Luck probably makes me a little scornful... I don't give a shit about a weak schedule, I don't give a shit other teams' injuries (you're not any more injured than us).

I'm just enjoying crashing a party we weren't invited to. Hopefully we get our ticket punched and really piss in someone's Cheerios in January.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-17-2023), ChoppedWood (12-17-2023), IndyNorm (12-17-2023), Ironshaft (12-18-2023), kitekrazy (12-17-2023), nate505 (12-17-2023), njcoltfan (12-17-2023), Racehorse (12-17-2023), Spike (12-17-2023), YDFL Commish (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 11:06 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
When we were in the Polian/Dungy/Manning heyday, I would always root for the other team to be at their best. I wanted them to win without an asterisk every week against a constant first place schedule. Really prove it.

If we were at that point with AR, I'd probably do the same. But right now, it's closer to the '95 feel. And the frustration of post-Luck probably makes me a little scornful... I don't give a shit about a weak schedule, I don't give a shit other teams' injuries (you're not any more injured than us).

I'm just enjoying crashing a party we weren't invited to. Hopefully we get our ticket punched and really piss in someone's Cheerios in January.
Good analogy on the Harbaugh era. Hadn't connected those dots but very similar, eerily similar, QB play. Erratic, maddening, episodic greatness, and without question a personality galvanizing for the team.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:27 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:

If we were at that point with AR, I'd probably do the same. But right now, it's closer to the '95 feel. And the frustration of post-Luck probably makes me a little scornful ...... l I don't give a shit about a weak schedule, l I don't give a shit other teams' injuries (you're not any more injured than us.)

o

There are no Southwestern Oklahoma A&M's or Eastern Colorado Tech's on the schedule in the NFL ...... in the NFL, a win, is a win, is a win, whether it's against a 10-2 team or a 2-10 team.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
nate505 (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 01:55 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

There are no Southwestern Oklahoma A&M's or Eastern Colorado Tech's on the schedule in the NFL ...... in the NFL, a win, is a win, is a win, whether it's against a 10-2 team or a 2-10 team.

o
Plus I'm guessing the real reason our schedule is weak is playing the NFC South. It's not like the Colts can help it was their turn in the rotation this year and it is a horrid division.

But yeah, SOS is a college thing and should mean little in the pros, partially because the disparity between 130 teams is so massive but also because they schedule 3-4 games themselves.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

o
o

And I'm not claiming that strength-of-schedule is not a factor, because it is ...... I hate to admit it, but if the Colts' surge of winning 5 out of their last 6 games DOES have a lot to do with the mediocre (and/or) bad teams that they have been playing.

Rather, my point is that you will very rarely see scores like 68-7 or 77-14 in the NFL, because even the worst teams in a league that is consolidated/condensed into 32 teams cannot be weakened to the point of which they can simply be taken for granted in any single game ...... the same cannot be said in college football, because there are 133 Division I-A schools. Additionally, you can actually schedule one of your games against a Division I-AA team if you choose to.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 05:04 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Not trying to diminish what the Colts have accomplished this year. If we do win 2-3 more games and make the playoff then we certainly will have earned it (unlike whoever wins the NFC South). But I think we would be naive to not acknowledge that we've benefited from a soft schedule. On top of the NFC South, Tenn continued their decline, the Cheats are terrible, and the Steelers are probably playing the worst football in the league right now.
Old 12-18-2023, 12:36 AM

Quote:

That's when I lost interest in the Colts and the NFL I live real close to the Cardinals stadium and no interest there. I don't have ESPN.

It seems like every decent player gets hurt. I can't even remember the rookie QB's name and I know he is out.

I didn't even know they were on TV Sat. until I heard them talking about it on Phoenix sports talk. From the first half highlights I probably would've trun the game off after that blocked punt and said they suck.

As I see 8-6 I'm thinking no way based on my little knowledge of the Colts.

The NFL isn't as good as it use to be.