ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2022, 05:08 PM

Default Saturday today

Always loved him as a player, and one of the only jerseys I own. After watching this, love him even more

https://twitter.com/i/status/1590429760437760001
Chromeburn (11-09-2022), CletusPyle (11-09-2022), smitty46953 (11-09-2022), Spike (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 05:13 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote from article regarding first practice:

There’s no question the Colts have a different type of leader at head coach in Jeff Saturday. Words from Colts players in the locker room to describe Saturday’s impressions from the first team meeting on Wednesday: “Juice. Intense. High-energy. Transparent. Honest. Passionate.” The ‘juice, intensity’ comments are definitely a contrast from Frank Reich.

https://1075thefan.com/87360/colts-w...jeff-saturday/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (11-09-2022), Oldcolt (11-09-2022), YDFL Commish (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 05:45 PM

I think the selection of Saturday isn't to save this season, but to evaluate what to do for next season. I think he'll be able to assess which OLmen can be worthwhile and which ones should be jettisoned via trade or release. If he is able to turn the team around, that could end up being problematic because then he may be retained and I don't think he's a long term answer. '

Long term could be Harbaugh. Any thoughts on who could be the next HC?
Old 11-09-2022, 05:54 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Right now long term is Saturday for me. Don’t want Harbaugh. Maybe 5 years ago but not now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (11-10-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 06:21 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Right now long term is Saturday for me.
I guess we'll see, but for me... this is like bringing in a position player in baseball to finish pitching a blowout loss. This doesn't feel like an attempt to improve at HC, save the season, etc. I mean, it's Wednesday before a Sunday game and he hasn't met everybody.

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is that Irsay wants the team to tank. I guess there are other plausible scenarios, but I don't seem like as likely.

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 11-09-2022 at 06:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Brylok (11-10-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 07:56 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I think the selection of Saturday isn't to save this season, but to evaluate what to do for next season. I think he'll be able to assess which OLmen can be worthwhile and which ones should be jettisoned via trade or release. If he is able to turn the team around, that could end up being problematic because then he may be retained and I don't think he's a long term answer. '

Not a chance in hell Harbaugh or Payton come here.

The Colts are the new Oakland Raiders under Al Davis. A meddling owner who will never attract the best coaches and will have to overpay for the best players.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Not a chance in hell Harbaugh or Payton come here.

The Colts are the new Oakland Raiders under Al Davis. A meddling owner who will never attract the best coaches and will have to overpay for the best players.
I really don't see Irsay as a meddling owner like Al Davis or that other asshole down in Dallas. He did jump in this year, but later than 95% of the fans would have in terms of getting rid of an ineffective coach. Give him an effective coach and he backs him 100%. Hell, he stayed with Pagano and Grigson at least 2 years longer than anybody on this board would have; given the same power to make that decision.

Last edited by albany ed; 11-09-2022 at 11:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-09-2022), Racehorse (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 12:16 AM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post

Not Harbaugh that's for sure. Plus he isn't leaving Michigan
Old 11-10-2022, 09:01 AM

If I'm being honest I don't really know how Jeff is any less qualified than someone like Mike McDaniel to be a Head Coach of a football team. There are plenty of ways to skin a carrot.

I would say having played under hall of fame coaches, with hall of fame players, held diplomatic roles within the NFL as a players union rep, etc would perfectly qualify him to be a good head coach.

We don't know anything about his ability to evaluate impartially and make hard decisions- but there is a reason that everyone under the sun seems to respect him so much, a reason he was a hired consultant for us, and a reason why he was Irsay's first call over a number of people that may have come to mind first.

Sure, Jeff has no head coaching experience- and he cant call plays- but who cares? Don't we want our next coach to NOT be the playcaller anyway? Jeff, at the very least, has an exceptional resume to do this job for a guy that literally has no experience doing it. Might as well skip over the redundant college gigs, coordinator or positional gigs if the guy was meant to be a leader in the first place. Fast track the people with the strongest intangibles and watch them flourish.

Just my two cents, and it could be the case with Jeff. He is already better than most (and better than Frank) at handling the media from what I can see. That cannot go understated as a Head Coach, as he is your main ambassador to the media and the poster boy for your team. You could do a lot worse than Jeff here, and he has eyes that could state into a man's soul.
The Following User Says Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:03 AM

All the craziness of the last few weeks has me waiting with apprehensive excitement. Lets get this first time shit over with already and play some damn football.