ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-07-2022, 01:25 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Nobody get your hopes up for Sean Payton. Zero chance of that happening.
IndyNorm (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 01:25 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I think Fox is the interim coach since he has the most experience. Could be Bradley, but going with Fox
Yuck
IndyNorm (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 01:29 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The coach is usually the fall guy, but that offense was led by a QB who has no business playing in the NFL. I will say between Ballard and Reich, Reich is the one who is more likely to be upgraded in replacement. If they get rid of Ballard, there's potential for another Ryan Grigson or worse.
Reich needed to go, but make no mistake this shit show of a season is at least just as much if not more Ballard's fault. Ballard does have a good eye for talent though. Ideally it'd be good for him to stay on but become more flexible in his approach to the roster, or at least have learned from this dumpster fire and quit making rickolously unbelievable stupid decisions like placing Matt Pryor as our starting LT.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:40 PM

Thanked 1,242 Times in 697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Reich needed to go, but make no mistake this shit show of a season is at least just as much if not more Ballard's fault. Ballard does have a good eye for talent though. Ideally it'd be good for him to stay on but become more flexible in his approach to the roster, or at least have learned from this dumpster fire and quit making rickolously unbelievable stupid decisions like placing Matt Pryor as our starting LT.
Ballards leash just got much shorter. I hope they show his ass the door sooner rather than later
CanuckColt (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
How does Vrable keep winning then? He's got no WR's. Trash at QB. Missing his top pass rusher. His #2 pass rusher is injured. Missing his LT.

The titans clearly do not have the talent of the Colts, but they just keep winning!
If you think the issues I listed are a recipe for success then I question your sanity. In a QB driven league changing QBs every year, not being able to pass block, not being able to rush the passer, or having WRs that can’t get open affects wins and losses. Having one of them MAY be manageable. Having more than one isn’t. Ballard has consistently let multiple be an issue. Remember when he started the season with no DE with double digit sacks (in a 4-3 alignment) TOTAL FOR THEIR CAREER? How many winning team do you think have done that in the modern NFL?

The Colts supposedly have a great LG, great off ball LB, and a great RB. Let’s for a second ignore the fact those are three of the least valuable positions in football, but how big a fucking impact have they had this year? Now tell me what Ballard has done at QB, LT, and DE - actual positions that affect winning. Having Tannehill over the last 5 years would be an improvement over what the team has done. Consistency at the position matters.

I’d take Vrabel as a coach, the question isn’t if he’s better than Reich, it’s if anyone could win consistently with the teams Ballard has put on the field. But regardless Reich was Ballard’s second choice at HC. Want to discuss how great his first choice is doing? If Franks sucks as bad as you think, it looks like Ballard has the same eye for HCs that he does QBs, LTs, and DEs.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 02:16 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
If you think the issues I listed are a recipe for success then I question your sanity. In a QB driven league changing QBs every year, not being able to pass block, not being able to rush the passer, or having WRs that can’t get open affects wins and losses. Having one of them MAY be manageable. Having more than one isn’t. Ballard has consistently let multiple be an issue. Remember when he started the season with no DE with double digit sacks (in a 4-3 alignment) TOTAL FOR THEIR CAREER? How many winning team do you think have done that in the modern NFL?

The Colts supposedly have a great LG, great off ball LB, and a great RB. Let’s for a second ignore the fact those are three of the least valuable positions in football, but how big a fucking impact have they had this year? Now tell me what Ballard has done at QB, LT, and DE - actual positions that affect winning. Having Tannehill over the last 5 years would be an improvement over what the team has done. Consistency at the position matters.

I’d take Vrabel as a coach, the question isn’t if he’s better than Reich, it’s if anyone could win consistently with the teams Ballard has put on the field. But regardless Reich was Ballard’s second choice at HC. Want to discuss how great his first choice is doing? If Franks sucks as bad as you think, it looks like Ballard has the same eye for HCs that he does QBs, LTs, and DEs.
Well I'd say we also have one of the best interior DT combos in the league with Grover and Buckner. Also I'd lobby for Kwity Paye being the best edge-setting run defending DEs in the league. The secondary is adquate. The pass rush clearly is a weakness, we need a double digit sack guy on this line.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:27 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Well I'd say we also have one of the best interior DT combos in the league with Grover and Buckner. Also I'd lobby for Kwity Paye being the best edge-setting run defending DEs in the league. The secondary is adquate. The pass rush clearly is a weakness, we need a double digit sack guy on this line.
I can agree with all of that. But how big of a weakness is the pass rush really, when they haven't played from a lead all season?
Old 11-07-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Either Frank had no answers or Irsay wants to get a jump on somebody he had in mind.

Arians, Payton? Anybody know any other good HC candidates out there?
What about Ken Dorsey? I know it's going back down the "hot OC" route, but I'm sure his name is going to be plenty popular in HC searches by the off-season.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post

What QB has he had a chance at? Josh Allen, but that would've been mindnumbingly stupid at the time given that we had no idea Luck would do what he did. Who else has been available to sign, draft, trade for, etc.? The Texans would not have traded Watson here, and I wouldn't want to be on the other side of that contract if he pulled a Russell Wilson. Speaking of Wilson, he's another guy that could've been overpaid for and flopped. Could've also traded for Stafford, looks like that worked out for 1 season, his statline currently looks as bad as Matt Ryan's. Looking at the draft there hasn't been an opportunity to get a QB without trading up unless they were clairvoyant and drafted Josh Allen somehow knowing Luck would retire. We don't know Ballard's eye for QBs because he's been sifting through the trash heap ever since Luck's retirement. We know his eye for DEs isn't the best, as evidenced by the wasted draft capital at the position, but he hasn't had a chance at QB and he may have found a starting LT in Round 3 of the most recent draft.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:21 PM

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
We should have known it was coming when we saw this!
Lov2fish (11-07-2022)