ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2023, 01:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default PFT on Taylor and Colts

Here you go. Blah blah blah

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...-arrives-today

Quote:

Today’s the day. Unless it isn’t the day.

The Colts have set a soft Tuesday deadline for a Jonathan Taylor trade. So what happens if a deal isn’t done by 4:00 p.m. ET?

The Colts would have to decide whether Taylor should be added to the active roster or left on the Physically Unable to Perform list. The shift from active/PUP to reserve/PUP would put him on the shelf for four weeks — for any team.

The recent deal for Raiders running back Josh Jacobs continues to be a new data point for the Taylor analysis. It potentially complicates the negotiations, both as to his contractual value and as to his trade value.

Regardless, two important planes have to land for a trade to be done. The Colts need an offer they’ll accept, and Taylor needs a financial package he’ll embrace. We’ll find out whether that happens at some point today.

And then, if it doesn’t happen today, we’ll find out whether it still happens later. Remember, owner Jim Irsay declared last month that the Colts won’t be trading Taylor at all. So the Tuesday deadline potentially will mean exactly as much as what he previously said.
The Colts AND Taylor need to go into a room and find a way forward, together. They are probably the best option for each other. That means both sides need to compromise. I would not hold my breath on it happening
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-29-2023), Spike (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 02:00 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Here you go. Blah blah blah

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...-arrives-today

The Colts AND Taylor need to go into a room and find a way forward, together. They are probably the best option for each other. That means both sides need to compromise. I would not hold my breath on it happening
Ultimately I don’t think it will either. I think there’s been too much water under the bridge, specifically between Jim and Taylor.

I think Jim has told Ballard get what you can for him but he’s got to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
JAFF (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 02:22 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Ultimately I don’t think it will either. I think there’s been too much water under the bridge, specifically between Jim and Taylor.

I think Jim has told Ballard get what you can for him but he’s got to go.
To be clear, I think all of this has been a strategy by the agent to get JT paid in any way possible.

We know they believed there were other teams willing to pay him. Once the Colts refused, it became a matter of get him out of Indy in any way possible.

I could be wrong but I don’t think I am.

I think they’ll get what they can for him but he WILL be traded.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:50 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

I keep waiting for the headline to pop up, we'll see.

Speaking ONLY about the "bad blood" element... I don't think that makes a return impossible. For one, who knows how bad it actually is on a human level between these guys? All we know is what we read from people paid to sensationalize everything.

But even if things are that ugly right now... it's not between JT and the coaches/team. I just saw a clip from Hard Knocks with the Jets when Rex Ryan was there and Darrelle Revis held out...

They showed some behind the scenes of Ryan and the FO guys on a conference call with Darrelle Revis' people. Ryan was fucking pissed at the agents, Revis had three years left on his deal, etc. But when Revis showed back up after 36 days, everyone was happy to see him.

It's not apples-to-apples, especially because Revis got his contract... I'm just talking about the human element not being a barrier if JT doesn't leave (for whatever reason).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
JAFF (08-29-2023), Oldcolt (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 02:54 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

This isn't over until it is over. To many different pressure points for any of us to know how it will turn out. I seriously doubt that there are any bridges that need repairing within that locker room.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (08-29-2023), Spike (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 05:28 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
This isn't over until it is over. To many different pressure points for any of us to know how it will turn out. I seriously doubt that there are any bridges that need repairing within that locker room.
Thanks Yogi
Old 08-29-2023, 06:14 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Thanks Yogi
A childhood hero of mine
Old 08-29-2023, 09:50 PM

Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,756 Posts

i am proud of the colts for not flinching.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-29-2023), Dewey 5 (08-29-2023), IndyNorm (08-29-2023), JAFF (08-29-2023), Oldcolt (08-29-2023), Racehorse (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i am proud of the colts for not flinching.
Me too. I also agree with ChaosTheory about the media sensationalizing EVERYTHING and we really don't know the "behind the scenes" scenario.

Shit the asshole on ABC News last night opened with, "Breaking news...hurricane Idealia heading to Florida!" What fucking breaking news....it's been all over it for a week. Hate the fucking media.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:11 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
A childhood hero of mine
The Colts and Taylor could use some Yogi logic,” when you get to the fork in the road take it”!