ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2020, 09:47 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Hooker is probably going to be traded.
Probably not b/c Blackmon won't be ready to play until mid season at the earliest.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:52 AM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I’ll reserve judgment on Blackmon until I see him play.

Lol. Upon viewing some YouTube highlights, I realized that one of the highlights they showed of Pittman was him abusing Blackmon on a touchdown catch. Although, to be fair, I believe that was Blackmon’s 2nd game at safety.

Seems like a guy with good athleticism and average instincts.
Pittman is going to abuse many more safeties with his physical game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (04-25-2020), Racehorse (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 10:26 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I hope we keep Hooker. You can never have enough defensive backs in this league. We are getting a lot of versatility back there
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
This is seriously one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen you say.

A Day 3 guy? On what planet?
That might be the dumbest thing Dam has said since Pagano was fired. I would have rather had seen us draft Delpit or OL/DL there and also think Dobbins will make a better NFL RB (although another RB went ahead of Dobbins as well, so maybe there's some issues there that I'm not seeing). But Taylor was clearly a great college RB, had a hell of a 40 time (especially with his size), and worth a 2nd round pick. His fumbling is definitely a concern, but our coaches must think they can fix that (could be wrong, but didn't Mack have fumbling issues in college as well?). If they do the Taylor could prove to be a great pick.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:39 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I like the Taylor pick a lot because I think it shows that Ballard does not plan on spending big money on re signing running backs. You can get by easily with backs on their rookie contracts and save your money for harder positions to fill. Forward thinking and smart.

Pittman will hopefully be what they wanted in Funches. Reich really must want a big body wr

Last edited by Oldcolt; 04-25-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I like the Taylor pick a lot because I think it shows that Ballard does not plan on spending big money on re signing running backs. You can get by easily with backs on their rookie contracts and save your money for harder positions to fill. Forward thinking and smart.
Agreed. I think you’d be smart to never give a RB a second contract. Almost never works out these days.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:47 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
That might be the dumbest thing Dam has said since Pagano was fired. I would have rather had seen us draft Delpit or OL/DL there and also think Dobbins will make a better NFL RB (although another RB went ahead of Dobbins as well, so maybe there's some issues there that I'm not seeing). But Taylor was clearly a great college RB, had a hell of a 40 time (especially with his size), and worth a 2nd round pick. His fumbling is definitely a concern, but our coaches must think they can fix that (could be wrong, but didn't Mack have fumbling issues in college as well?). If they do the Taylor could prove to be a great pick.
What day was Mack drafted on? Taylor's issues are too big to have drafted him as high as he was drafted in my opinion. You can mindlessly applaud the pick if you'd like, I'm not going to like this pick because I see Taylor in the same vein as a WR who has a "lot of talent", but can't catch or run routes. Obviously the Colts invested a lot in Taylor, so I hope the coaches can fix his issues and turn him into a top end RB, but there's a lot to be nervous about there, and as you said, the Colts could've gotten a better player in Grant Delpit. Why not just do that if you're going to waste draft capital moving up?
Old 04-25-2020, 12:08 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
What day was Mack drafted on? Taylor's issues are too big to have drafted him as high as he was drafted in my opinion. You can mindlessly applaud the pick if you'd like, I'm not going to like this pick because I see Taylor in the same vein as a WR who has a "lot of talent", but can't catch or run routes. Obviously the Colts invested a lot in Taylor, so I hope the coaches can fix his issues and turn him into a top end RB, but there's a lot to be nervous about there, and as you said, the Colts could've gotten a better player in Grant Delpit. Why not just do that if you're going to waste draft capital moving up?
Wait, you’re comparing Taylor to a wide receiver who can’t catch or run routes? Really?

That’s really dumb.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (04-25-2020), nate505 (04-26-2020), Racehorse (04-25-2020), Spike (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Wait, you’re comparing Taylor to a wide receiver who can’t catch or run routes? Really?

That’s really dumb.
We'll see how you feel about it when he fumbles away a win.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I'm not mindlessly applauding the Taylor pick at all. As you noticed I said I would have rather had us draft Delpit or Dobbins (Delpit BTW has red flags too as he apparently under performed and missed a lot of tackles this past year). Unlike you though, I haven't lost my shit over the pick and I haven't convinced myself that Taylor is garbage. The dude has elite speed and averaged 2,200 yards from scrimmage and 18 TDs a season, so let's not pretend that he's a bum.