ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-05-2021, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
All joking aside, while it's not as bad as underusing him when blowing double digit leads, it's still stupid to overuse him in blowout wins. There's no reason he should be taking hits halfway through the 4th quarter when we're up by 24 against a really bad team that has zero chance of coming back.

If they take him out and the Texans score there would be screaming that we took our foot off their throat. Teams DO make comebacks.

Frank ran him. Used the clock and won the game. There can be NO ISSUES with Franks play calling this game. He did what we needed to do to secure the win.

JT has a whole week to rest. He's not old like me and many of you. He can bounce back and be fresh.

Two things the last two games showed the league. If you can't stop the run we WILL run it down your throats. If you send everything to stop the run Wentz will kill you with the passing game. Without the turnovers last week this would be considered the hottest team in football.

I still believe we are. Can't turn the ball over though
apballin (12-06-2021), Colts And Orioles (12-06-2021), daedge (12-06-2021), Racehorse (12-06-2021), rcubed (12-06-2021), Spike (12-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 01:51 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If they take him out and the Texans score there would be screaming that we took our foot off their throat. Teams DO make comebacks.

Frank ran him. Used the clock and won the game. There can be NO ISSUES with Franks play calling this game. He did what we needed to do to secure the win.

JT has a whole week to rest. He's not old like me and many of you. He can bounce back and be fresh.

Two things the last two games showed the league. If you can't stop the run we WILL run it down your throats. If you send everything to stop the run Wentz will kill you with the passing game. Without the turnovers last week this would be considered the hottest team in football.

I still believe we are. Can't turn the ball over though
Maybe you're not one of them, but there's a lot of posters on here saying that it was a good thing that JT wasn't seeing as many touches early in the season b/c we needed to make sure he was fresh for later in the season/playoffs. While I don't disagree with load management for a RB, this should include late in the game in blowouts. We were up 24 against a team that had barely made a first down all game. They weren't coming back. And even if they do get it within 2 scores then put Taylor back in. Going with Jackson (side note: looked pretty good today) couldn't have ended any worse than what happened with Taylor.

I think the league has known for awhile that if they can't stop the run we'll run it down their throats. They also know that at times if they stop the run on a couple of plays (and sometimes even when they don't stop the run) we'll completely abandon giving the ball to our best player and start passing on every single down. Since our OL isn't very good at pass blocking and Wentz makes some really stupid decisions at times, this leads to a lot of turnovers and negative plays that have and will cost us games.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:54 PM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynesWorld87 View Post
I was making a last minute decision at 11:55 on which defense to start today. Came down to the Cardinals (vs the Bears), Dolphins (vs the Giants), and the Colts defense. I almost pulled the trigger on the Colts, but my pessimistic Colts fan side wouldn't let me do it. Ultimately went with the Dolphins, which hasn't been a terrible choice, but man do I regret not going with our defense. Our scoring must be a little different than your league for defenses, but the Dolphins D scored 11 points in our league compared to 17 for the Colts.
I am in two leagues. The one where they got me 24 points, they give 2 points per 4th down stop. Texans had to go for it on 4th a lot yesterday.