ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2022, 08:08 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
That would be the waste of a year
Another year with Wentz would be worse than a wasted year, because it would end the same or worse than this year and we still wouldn’t know if Ehlinger or someone else is the answer.

Wentz has got to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-14-2022), ZionsvilleColtsFan (02-15-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 08:46 AM

It’s shit like this that makes me feel so apathetic towards all of this because Both perspectives are right. Staying with him is stupid because you already know what you have, dumping him after a year illustrates poor decision making on the part of management, and I thought they were legitimately better than that.

This isn’t what I expected in year whatever of this regime. I’ve liked how Ballard’s built the team from the inside out, and I can work with the quarterback issues because I know some of that wasn’t in his control. But where the fuck is this team going?

I think the off-season will be more exciting. There’s no way they enter next season without making some kind of major move to drum up fan enthusiasm. I don’t live in Indianapolis but I have to imagine moral is pretty shitty. .
Old 02-14-2022, 09:59 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
It’s shit like this that makes me feel so apathetic towards all of this because Both perspectives are right. Staying with him is stupid because you already know what you have, dumping him after a year illustrates poor decision making on the part of management, and I thought they were legitimately better than that.

This isn’t what I expected in year whatever of this regime. I’ve liked how Ballard’s built the team from the inside out, and I can work with the quarterback issues because I know some of that wasn’t in his control. But where the fuck is this team going?

I think the off-season will be more exciting. There’s no way they enter next season without making some kind of major move to drum up fan enthusiasm. I don’t live in Indianapolis but I have to imagine moral is pretty shitty. .
To be fair to Ballard, there are very very few good quarterbacks and every team that doesn’t have one is trying their damndest to get one.

It’s not easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 10:43 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Let me ask a question of those of you that have a good understanding of Wentz's contract. My understanding is, if the Colts cut him by March 18th, they save themselves $13M...but are still on the hook for $15M in 2022. If he is traded I assume part of that $15M would be off the books? What happens if he signs with another team, are the Colts still required to pay him the $15M?
Old 02-14-2022, 10:46 AM

Should take Ballard with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionsvilleColtsFan For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 11:28 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,658 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Let me ask a question of those of you that have a good understanding of Wentz's contract. My understanding is, if the Colts cut him by March 18th, they save themselves $13M...but are still on the hook for $15M in 2022. If he is traded I assume part of that $15M would be off the books? What happens if he signs with another team, are the Colts still required to pay him the $15M?
That $15 million is guaranteed money that the Colts agreed to by having him on the roster on the third day of the league year last year. If he is on the roster on the third day of the league year this year, the remainder of his current year salary becomes guaranteed.

The problem I have with cutting or trading Wentz is what exactly are you going to find with the $13 million of freed up money plus the cap space available that is going to be better than Wentz? Have the Colts suddenly gained a great deal of faith in Jameis Winston or Teddy Bridgewater, both of whom they recently had chances to sign a their starting QB and chose not to? Are they going to go full Rams for Russell Wilson, who himself is coming off a career worst year? The Packers will want too much for Rodgers, the Texans will not trade Watson here. If you get rid of Wentz, what's the play?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 12:37 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsvilleColtsFan View Post

Should take Ballard with him.

o

And replace him with ???

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-14-2022), Racehorse (02-14-2022), Spike (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 04:46 PM

Thanked 1,663 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

And replace him with ???

o
Grigson or someone of that ilk, hopefully. He'd bring in guys like Calais Campbell, A.J. Green, Tyrant Mathieu, and Cam Newton. Among others

This way, instead of barely missing the playoffs with $50m in the bank... We can barely make the playoffs with none money in the bank and people can't say we didn't try. Which is the important thing.

Plus, our GM needs to be able to bench press a shitload.
Old 02-14-2022, 06:39 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
This info was leaked to Mortensen for a reason....it looks to me like the decision to get rid of Wentz has already been made!
You dont know that. Mort loves to dynamite fish, see what floats to the surface.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (02-15-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 07:00 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
You dont know that. Mort loves to dynamite fish, see what floats to the surface.
True....he likes to stir the soup, but it would make sense to leak it if they are planning to let him go, there is still time to rework his contract if another team would be interested in acquiring him.