ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-12-2021, 08:17 PM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I didn't really see that on Saturday. He made several clutch throws including the one to Pascal at the end. The failed pass to Pittman in the end zone during the 2nd Quarter was disappointing but a tough throw of more than 20 yards under the circumstances. Still, I think its a fair criticism, and he's definitely not perfect. Most of the problems on Saturday were coaching though.
There was also a pass where TY had beaten double coverage, but the ball wasn't placed out far enough, so one of the DBs got an arm in and prevented a catch. Would have been about 25 yards.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
There was also a pass where TY had beaten double coverage, but the ball wasn't placed out far enough, so one of the DBs got an arm in and prevented a catch. Would have been about 25 yards.
There were some more. End of the Steeler game he missed a wide open receiver too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I didn't really see that on Saturday. He made several clutch throws including the one to Pascal at the end. The failed pass to Pittman in the end zone during the 2nd Quarter was disappointing but a tough throw of more than 20 yards under the circumstances. Still, I think its a fair criticism, and he's definitely not perfect. Most of the problems on Saturday were coaching though.
Coaching, really? On that 4th and goal where he opted to go for the TD instead of 3 points, if Rivers makes a decent throw and we score a TD, would it still be a bad decision? I've said this before, "Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan". I myself was good with the decision, just unhappy with the results.
JAFF (01-17-2021), Racehorse (01-13-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Coaching, really? On that 4th and goal where he opted to go for the TD instead of 3 points, if Rivers makes a decent throw and we score a TD, would it still be a bad decision? I've said this before, "Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan". I myself was good with the decision, just unhappy with the results.
I 100% agree with you on monday morning QBing. But yes, coaching. I'm not calling for Reich's head or anything, but I thought he made some bad decisions that hurt us on Saturday. I'm guessing he'd admit it too.

The play you referred to was certainly questionable, but I suppose those kind of things go along with his aggressive style (though I'll admit, that play seemed extra aggressive under the circumstances). But on the play before, he called for an outside pitch to Taylor which he said should have been a walk-in based upon his film study, but obviously he got it wrong because we were stonewalled and lost yardage. So that's on him.

Perhaps more egregious was the challenge on the Bills fumble late in the game, which he should have known was hopeless and cost us a timeout that might have made all the difference at the end of the game. I think we blew another timeout early in the 3rd quarter to avoid delay of game penalty. Not sure who called it, but I think it would have been smarter in a game of this significance to just take the minimal five yard penalty and keep the timeout. I believe it was first or second down at the time.

Then there was the failed decision to go for two points in the fourth quarter. I'll reserve judgment on that one, because if I stretch I feel like I can find a justification for it, but it did seem a bit strange. I'm guessing there's some sort of analytical basis for it.

Anyway, there were a number of odd calls Reich made during the game, and most failed and hurt us. Unfortunately, I think Reich just had a bad game.

Last edited by Chaka; 01-14-2021 at 10:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Spike (01-17-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Jerry Hughes had a big game yesterday. 2 sacks. He’s had a nice postseason and a nice career in Buffalo.

I never understood the hate he got here.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:02 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

Jerry Hughes had a big game yesterday, getting 2 sacks. He’s had a nice post-season in 2020, and a nice career overall in Buffalo.

I never understood the hate that he got here.

o

The Bills' defense outscored Lamar Jackson and the Ravens' offense by a score of 7-3 ...... in hindsight (and in comparison), the Colts' offense didn't look too bad against the Bills one week earlier.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-17-2021), Racehorse (01-17-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 05:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Jerry Hughes had a big game yesterday. 2 sacks. He’s had a nice postseason and a nice career in Buffalo.

Hate?

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HughJe99.htm

He didn’t play very often or very well.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,613 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:

He sucked here and only got good after going to Buffalo, that's why he was hated here.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He sucked here and only got good after going to Buffalo, that's why he was hated here.
He made strides in his last year IIRC. It was a long time ago but I remember feeling like we should have brought him back. I understood letting him go, but I felt there was still potential there.

He hates Indianapolis and brings everything he has every time they match up. And honestly, I can't blame him.

He probably knew then he was fully capable of being a meaningful contribution to a defense and Indianapolis essentially told him to kick rocks, and I think it's important to consider who was in control of the organization during that time.

Hindsight is 20/20.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:13 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
A lot of people hated him from the moment he was drafted. Seemed like a lot more than normal. I remember Brad Wells calling him a bust 3 games into his rookie season. And yes, I know, Brad Wells is a f*****g moron, but he wasn’t alone.

I don’t blame him for not being to fond of his time here. He played a lot better his last season here and was poised to continue improving. Then they traded him for Kelvin Freaking Shepherd. That was a bad trade even then and it’s ATROCIOUS now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-17-2021)