ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > NFL > NFL Discussion Forum

Old 04-12-2022, 08:15 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
If true I doubt the NFL settles
You have your opinion. I have mine. Rarely do facts matter when we discuss this issue. You believe what you want. It is a free country, after all. The stats on Kaep his last year are facts, not opinion. The circus he created with the workout is a fact, not an opinion. I could give two shits about the kneeling. Free speech is a real thing. The whole forced patriotism with professional sports is kind of creepy to me. The dude just stunk it up his last season, and then he started pretending to be a martyr.
Lov2fish (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 08:53 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
You are right the NFL did nothing wrong so much that they gave Kap $10m and setup a special showing just for him. Very, very nice people. Didn’t you earlier admit he just wasn’t talented enough to overcome the backlash a team would get for signing him?
What does the bolded have to do with my post?

And just because the NFL settled doesn’t mean they did anything wrong. Lawsuits are settled all the time for all kinds of reasons. The NFL probably figured it was best to just make it go away.

By the way, if Kap was in the right and the league really is discriminating against him, why settle the lawsuit? Why not make the NFL defend itself in court?

Kind of makes it seem like he’s only out for the almighty dollar.

Well, we KNOW that’s true. For as much as Kap whines and cries about how racist America is, he sure as hell has no issue cashing those fat Nike checks, made on the backs of slave laborers in third world countries all over the world.

Kap is a fraud. He’s intensely disliked for a lot of reasons and racism isn’t the biggest one by far.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
You have your opinion. I have mine. Rarely do facts matter when we discuss this issue. You believe what you want. It is a free country, after all. The stats on Kaep his last year are facts, not opinion. The circus he created with the workout is a fact, not an opinion. I could give two shits about the kneeling. Free speech is a real thing. The whole forced patriotism with professional sports is kind of creepy to me. The dude just stunk it up his last season, and then he started pretending to be a martyr.
Yeah, it’s obvious facts rarely matter on the subject. Yes the stats for his last year is a fact. So is his accomplishments from previous years. But do me a favor - go compare Kap’s last season to Wentz’s last in Philly. The now twice traded, twice starting Wentz. If you think it was play that kept Kap out, you are simply lying to yourself. And as I’ve repeatedly pointed out, the workout was AFTER having been blackballed to the point the NFL settled. He also didn’t initially seek publicity, it was simply noticed and reported. And he started kneeling after meeting with a veteran who felt it was more respectful. But none of that fits the narrative- so facts don’t matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 09:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Awe, ain't you a special retard there was no racism involved in him not playing. It was because he sucked. Have you tried fucking off today? If not it would be a good day to give it your best effort. Fucking douchebags like you are what makes the world suck.
Yeah, and you are a ray of sunshine.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:52 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, it’s obvious facts rarely matter on the subject. Yes the stats for his last year is a fact. So is his accomplishments from previous years. But do me a favor - go compare Kap’s last season to Wentz’s last in Philly. The now twice traded, twice starting Wentz. If you think it was play that kept Kap out, you are simply lying to yourself. And as I’ve repeatedly pointed out, the workout was AFTER having been blackballed to the point the NFL settled. He also didn’t initially seek publicity, it was simply noticed and reported. And he started kneeling after meeting with a veteran who felt it was more respectful. But none of that fits the narrative- so facts don’t matter.
I truly believe that if Frank Reich was not the coach here, Wentz would be out of the league by now. It seems we were the only team interested. How Ballard was able to get Wash. to trade for him was amazing. Yes, he put up decent numbers, but he is flawed. If Kaep had someone go to bat for him and trade for him, he might still be playing (or not). However, he didn't. Wentz did.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:15 AM

Thanked 1,571 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
And just because the NFL settled doesn’t mean they did anything wrong. Lawsuits are settled all the time for all kinds of reasons. The NFL probably figured it was best to just make it go away.
It would've been a Pyrrhic victory if they won anyway. Similar to how patent trolls get large parties to settle with them rather than drag out the process and cost themselves more even if they win.

It's been a while since I read, but I think they would've brought up a bunch of emails and stuff. And whether it had anything to do with the issue (any insults or dick jokes or whatever); if it was inflammatory, you know it would leak to the media or be brought up during cross examination.

So they pay the $9m or $10m. Which is a lot less than the $80m or whatever it was they wanted.

$10m - 37% tax = $6.3m
$6.3m - 30% for lawyers (IDK?) = $4.4m
$4.4m - 50% each for Kaepernick and Reid = $2.2m a piece to settle?
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Yeah, and you are a ray of sunshine.
Thanks, I do my best.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Thanks, I do my best.
Keep working on it and you could score a Pyrrhic victory.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Keep working on it and you could score a Pyrrhic victory.
There is no cost to high for achieving victory, especially if it involves trampling your feelz!
Old 05-26-2022, 09:37 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

(MAY 25th)

Colin Kaepernick Scheduled to Work Out for Las Vegas Raiders

(By Tribune News Services)

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05...aiders-report/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck