ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 09-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
This post finds me a bit jaded and melancholy today. Here's our covid story, assume a family of four, living in same house with one shower:

1. Pez got a runny nose on 25th august, then on 26th august, was aching as if he had a fever but did not present with a fever, was down for the count, slept 16 straight hours, then felt better by end of day 26th

2. 12 year old son came home from school complaining his head hurt on 26th. He had water and acetaminophen and went to bed. Called in to school on 27th (Thursday is one of the 3x days he is physically supposed to go to school).

3. other two pez family members feel fine, normal and healthy

4. A houseguest came over for dinner on Sunday 23rd. Houseguest called a couple days later and said she had a fever, chest and nasal congestion, and lost her sense of taste. She had just returned from her covid test on 27th (thursday)

5. So Pez decided it was prudent to get everyone tested and was able to do so by Friday 28th. (2 days after my initial symptoms, two days after Pex Jr's sons initial symptoms)

6. Houseguest (the dinner guest from monday 23rd) got her positive results back on Monday, 31st

7. Family of four got test results back on tuesday, 1 sep:

Pez: positive, symptoms markedly improving
Jr. Pez: positive, symptoms improving, but more slowly
Mrs. Pez: positive, no symptoms at all
Daughter Pez: negative, no symptoms at all

So why the hell is this post in the political thread??? Well....

1. My kids go to two different schools within the same school system. Each school has slightly different rules as to how long the kids should be quarantined before they will be allowed to go back to school.

2. CDC and ISDH say that a positive test (and symptoms) means that you need to quarantine for 10 days from your first symptom, after which you will no longer be contagious. The CDC and ISDH do not have guidelines for how Long you should quarantine with a postive test and no symptoms (it's 10 days from the test btw)

3. So my quarantine is done this friday the 4th, however I will still be exposed to my son, who is supposed to stay quarantined until 5th, and will still be exposed to my wife, who is to be quarantined until 14th.

4. Should be daughter stay quarantined 14 days after the last person's quarantine has ended? theoretically, my daughter could get covid 2 days before that ends, and then give it back to all of us.

In any case, I'm presenting some confusion here...

My city government (in the form of my school corporation) is failing because they are not presenting consistent information to parents about their policies. My state government is failing as they have clearly opened schools far too early (they have already back tracked from one of the in-person days).
My federal government is failing because the information it is presenting is inconsistent and inaccurate.

Until Pez in northeast Indiana can go to a single website and find out precisely how long I need to quarantine my children:

- Trump can talk all he wants about when he closed the border to China, he is still failing, because I cannot get the information I need.
- Eric Holcomb can issue the 3rd continuation of stage 4.5, but I still cant get the information I need.
- Tom Henry can put together is one-page link of Covid resources but I still don't know precisely how long I should quarantine my kids.

So has our government failed us in their response to COVID-19. Yes, they have. They have done so across all political parties and across all levels of government.

The worst part is that they are still failing. The length of time a family should quarantine itself should be known, bulletproof and 100% unequivocal. We've been working on this covid thing for 9 months.
I understand completely. Back in March, when my grandkids started on line learning, my wife went to Indy to help. Basically, she didn't get home until the end of May. Between my kids and grand kids and who they might have been exposed to, she couldn't leave and I couldn't visit. So far, following the rules and not pushing boundaries, we have stayed safe.

All I can say to anyone out there is to quote the Colts GM. Put on a mask, its not about you.

Last edited by JAFF; 09-02-2020 at 04:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (09-02-2020), Pez (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Stay safe Pez. Its a rough time, and I wish information and guidelines were more clear.

We are about to hit a turning point with about 40 million people facing eviction, that is about 12% of the population.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ca...mes-2020-08-07

We could be looking at a homeless crisis not seen since... the great depression maybe.

Also I wanted to share a good documentary that is very illuminating.
The brainwashing of my dad
Old 09-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Stay safe Pez. Its a rough time, and I wish information and guidelines were more clear.

We are about to hit a turning point with about 40 million people facing eviction, that is about 12% of the population.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ca...mes-2020-08-07

We could be looking at a homeless crisis not seen since... the great depression maybe.

Also I wanted to share a good documentary that is very illuminating.
The brainwashing of my dad
There are too many dumbasses out there, you need to protect yourself. The long term effects of the virus are showing up, and its not pretty. Wear a mask, protect those you love. Darwinian evolution will sort out the idiots who thought this was a game
Old 09-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
If you love your constitutional rights don't vote for these two clowns, they will take them away. Just two fucking idiots that will destroy America. I am a gun owner and they won't take them away from me, as long as I am still alive.

Oh yeah, fuck CNN, the View and MSNCB.
Spike, I know that the President keeps saying that Democrats are against guns, but tell me when, if ever, a Democratic President actually tried to regulate anything other than assault weapons?
Old 09-06-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with everything Trump says or tweets. Is he a liar and a con man, hell yes he is. But what politician isn't?

Do you really think the democrats give two shits about you?????

I live in California and it is run by democrats. Newsome, Waters, Harris, Pelosi etc... SF use to be a great city and now there is shit on the sidewalks.

I only voted for Trump because I hated that corrupt POS Hillary. I personally don't trust anyone in the political arena. The only one I know who I can trust is myself. I just don't like the leftist agenda. Maybe I am just stupid and my wife would probably agree with you, well, not probably, she would definitely agree with you all.

Look Maniac, I only want what is best for this country and I am sure you feel the same way. Is Trump perfect, hell no he's not. He's just better than some of the democrats running against him. That's my final word on the subject.
Spike, Joe Biden's spent the entirety of his political career smack dab in the middle of the Democratic party. If he is elected President, he's not going to, all of a sudden, become the reincarnation of Joe Stalin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-09-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Biden has stated he wants a limit on gun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nYoi5gRSMg

I live in California who has some of the most strict gun laws in the nation, but it looks like the NRA won a court battle here.

https://twitter.com/NRA/status/12943...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Spike, or anyone, explain to me why limiting mags to 10 rounds is a bad idea? If that's Biden's worst sin against the 2nd Amendment, even the NRA should sleep soundly, tonight.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Spike, or anyone, explain to me why limiting mags to 10 rounds is a bad idea? If that's Biden's worst sin against the 2nd Amendment, even the NRA should sleep soundly, tonight.
Just an example of democratically run California.

They keep chipping away the guns we can buy. Can't even buy a 10 round Ruger Bull Barrel 22 here anymore. Luckily I got one before they banned that gun. Each year, they take more guns off the list that are 10 round magazines or less.

Here's how stupid the law is here in California, a Ruger Bull Barrel 22 is illegal here, Why? But I can still buy a 40 caliber Glock, well at least for now anyways.

My fear, and maybe it is an unfounded fear, is that once they start chipping away, when will it stop?
Old 09-07-2020, 10:01 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Just an example of democratically run California.

They keep chipping away the guns we can buy. Can't even buy a 10 round Ruger Bull Barrel 22 here anymore. Luckily I got one before they banned that gun. Each year, they take more guns off the list that are 10 round magazines or less.

Here's how stupid the law is here in California, a Ruger Bull Barrel 22 is illegal here, Why? But I can still buy a 40 caliber Glock, well at least for now anyways.

My fear, and maybe it is an unfounded fear, is that once they start chipping away, when will it stop?
Who is actually after your guns? Nobody.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Common sense will not matter.

There are far too many honest gun owners that should not be punished because of criminals.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Lyeeq17fY