ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-15-2023, 07:15 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

I'm ready for the AR era to begin. If he busts so be it, but I don't think he will and there's no time like the present to get those reps in and improve his game.
Old 08-15-2023, 07:54 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
1 preseason game, where he didnt play all 4 quarters. Pressure wont come until the regular season and if he surpasses Mannings rookie season in wins, I will be impressed. We wont know what he’s made of until he gets the home town fans booing him off the field. And they will.
There’s no comparison to Manning and Richardson… why Colts fans wanna do this is beyond me.

Most QBs that can run have early success actually because when the play isn’t there they can take off… Manning while the GOAT never had that option
Old 08-15-2023, 10:36 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
I'm ready for the AR era to begin. If he busts so be it, but I don't think he will and there's no time like the present to get those reps in and improve his game.
Yep. All makes perfect sense. IF, and I am in the camp he WON'T, but IF he is a giant bust and cannot play QB at all, it positions us to be in line to immediately grab one of two what are at present considered transcendent QB's in 2024. Playing Minshew would not present that same opportunity, he probably gets us 4-5 wins which pushes us out of Williams, Maye, and Harrison territory.

To be clear, I expect AR to thrive. I think this will be a very difficult year, and 4 wins would be nice, 5 would be a boon and anything north of that is on miracle level. But I do expect that going into the latter portion of this year there to be a lot of buzz about how high his ceiling could be.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:54 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
There’s no comparison to Manning and Richardson… why Colts fans wanna do this is beyond me.

Most QBs that can run have early success because when the play isn’t there they can take off… Manning while the GOAT never had that option
And Andrew Luck had the ability to take off and run, how did that work? Robert Griffin III could scramble, how long was his career? Lamar Odom, terrific athlete, last two years has missed 8 games.

Who were the best Qbs in the last 20 years? Brady and Manning, not exactly mobile.

I understand why they named him the starter, it was going to happen, they want to sell tickets. Its his lack of actual game experience is going to hold him back, Im not sure most fans understand this. They just threw is kid in to the deep end of the pool.

Patrick Mahomes is what the Colts are hoping they can create. The difference between the two is college experience. Mahomes knows when to slide, and when to get out of bounds. I had to hold my breath when AR lowered his shoulder along the sidelines in the first quarter.

I like AR, I want to see him flourish, I dont want him to become Andrew Luck part 2.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:05 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

This young man is ready. People talk about being a QB as if it is neurosurgery. Ten year olds play the dam position. AR will be better than fine, and for me that isn't about his arm talent (although that just blows me away). It is his mind. How he moves in the pocket, a calm collected moving, how he responded to the interception (what interception-short memory) and his ability to read the defense. AR is headed for greatness. Maybe not fully this year, but soon. We are going to be a perennial contender that offensive weapons will want to be part of. All you freaks wanting Harrison on this team are having pipe dreams, he will be long gone before we pick.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:20 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
This young man is ready. People talk about being a QB as if it is neurosurgery. Ten year olds play the dam position. AR will be better than fine, and for me that isn't about his arm talent (although that just blows me away). It is his mind. How he moves in the pocket, a calm collected moving, how he responded to the interception (what interception-short memory) and his ability to read the defense. AR is headed for greatness. Maybe not fully this year, but soon. We are going to be a perennial contender that offensive weapons will want to be part of. All you freaks wanting Harrison on this team are having pipe dreams, he will be long gone before we pick.
When is the “How many games will the Colts win with AR this year? Post. And without help from Minshew.

Last edited by JAFF; 08-16-2023 at 10:24 AM. Reason: I wanted to, so there
Old 08-16-2023, 03:56 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
When is the “How many games will the Colts win with AR this year? Post. And without help from Minshew.
I have no idea how many the Colts will win. What I am almost positive of is that we will win games this year because AR is our QB. That hasn't really happened since the Luck years. For the first time in years we don't have a 'manager' at QB. I expect us to be in the middle third of the league in wins. Until we develop a pass rush I have my doubts about the team as a whole.

Last edited by Oldcolt; 08-16-2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 04:45 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
And Andrew Luck had the ability to take off and run, how did that work? Robert Griffin III could scramble, how long was his career? Lamar Odom, terrific athlete, last two years has missed 8 games.

Who were the best Qbs in the last 20 years? Brady and Manning, not exactly mobile.

I understand why they named him the starter, it was going to happen, they want to sell tickets. Its his lack of actual game experience is going to hold him back, Im not sure most fans understand this. They just threw is kid in to the deep end of the pool.

Patrick Mahomes is what the Colts are hoping they can create. The difference between the two is college experience. Mahomes knows when to slide, and when to get out of bounds. I had to hold my breath when AR lowered his shoulder along the sidelines in the first quarter.

I like AR, I want to see him flourish, I dont want him to become Andrew Luck part 2.
No one wants to see him take hits or get hurt. But he probably had 60 lbs on his old teammate he trucked. It seemed it was almost a point of pride for Luck. I don’t see that in Richardson’s game.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:16 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:

Has nothing to do with selling tickets, Luck was a pass first QB, AR is more like Cam who holds the record for rushing TDs in a season (his rookie year) 14 by a QB

Every situation is different AR is ready
Old 08-17-2023, 08:18 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Has nothing to do with selling tickets, Luck was a pass first QB, AR is more like Cam who holds the record for rushing TDs in a season (his rookie year) 14 by a QB

Every situation is different AR is ready
Everything that goes on inside any NFL front office is about selling tickets and making money. It is a multiBILLION dollar indusrty, it is all about $$$$

As to Newton

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...N/NewtCa00.htm

I his first 3 years the team had a winning record, the next six years were single digit wins. First six years he averaged 30 sacks.

Every situation is different. But history is not on the side of a running QB. And AR wont see any of the fun and games DC’s will run in the regular season this preseason.

Last edited by JAFF; 08-17-2023 at 08:57 AM.