ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-14-2017, 04:44 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Then why do people constantly bitch about his missed tackles
Idk. Watch the tape.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:05 PM

Thanked 4,299 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Mock draft made today following the first wave of free agency.

The following defenders were all picked in the 1st round with pick #15 or after.

Which one would you pick and why?

CB Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson
CB Marlon Humphrey, Alabama
CB Sidney Jones, Washington (even with an ACL tear)

ILB Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt

DE Malik McDowell, Michigan State

OLB Jordan Willis, Kansas State
OLB Taco Charlton, Michigan
OLB Charles Harris, Missouri
OLB Carl Lawson, Auburn
OLB Tim Williams, Alabama

Cheers,
Charles Harris

From the little I have seen I like that dudes gets off the line
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 04:46 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Charles Harris

From the little I have seen I like that dudes gets off the line
I like Harris a lot. He has actual rush moves (unlike Barnett) and does a good job of reading the pocket and attacking where the QB is going. I just wish Harris had a little more change of direction quickness...but that's why he isn't a top 5 pick.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:02 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

McShays latest mock has us taking OL Forrest Gump, I mean Lamp.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/1...est-mock-draft
Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post

I don't mind Lamp. I will rarely argue against strengthening the O-Line.

However, I hope that management does not look at the two solid but non-elite OLBs we are now starting, brushes their hands and says "our work here is done."

Pass rush stud for the win, please.

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 02:03 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Old 03-14-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Mock draft made today following the first wave of free agency.

The following defenders were all picked in the 1st round with pick #15 or after.

Which one would you pick and why?

CB Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson
CB Marlon Humphrey, Alabama
CB Sidney Jones, Washington (even with an ACL tear)

ILB Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt

DE Malik McDowell, Michigan State

OLB Jordan Willis, Kansas State
OLB Taco Charlton, Michigan
OLB Charles Harris, Missouri
OLB Carl Lawson, Auburn
OLB Tim Williams, Alabama

Cheers,
My favorite corner in the draft is Lattimore, but he'll obviously be gone by the time we pick unless he does something stupid between now and draft day.

A couple corners that weren't listed were Adoree Jackson and Gareon Conley.

Im not sure how refined of a corner Jackson is because his claim to fame is being a special team's return ace, and playing on offense from time to time. He's electric thats for damn sure. You're potentially drafting a CB/PR/KR/WR if you pull the trigger on that guy.

Gareon Conley would be a steal imo if we were to draft him in the 2nd. You're not going to find too many corners who are comfortable turning their head back to the ball while staying in the receiver's hip like Conley is. Good size, great ball skills, man to man corner. I wouldnt mind pulling the trigger on him in the 1st round actually.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:02 PM

Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,224 Posts

If that's who is left, then I have to go with Jordan Willis, preferably in a trade down scenario.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:54 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

4 Round Mock from NFL.com Chad Reuter. All the player summaries are taken from the NFL.com draft tracker player profiles.

1st round = ILB Reuben Foster, Alabama

Foster is a vicious hitter with elite playmaking range and an ability to toggle between 225 and 240 pounds. Athleticism gives him cover ability that former teammate Reggie Ragland never possessed. Has Pro Bowl potential as a 3-4 inside linebacker or a 4-3 weak-side linebacker, but concerns over his medical history could be a consideration, according to some teams.

2nd round = S Bubba Baker, Washington

Undersized free safety with the heart of a linebacker. Baker plays with a competitive desire that leaps off the field when you watch him thanks to elite football character and above-average explosiveness. While he is undersized, he makes up for it with his football instincts and plus play speed. Baker has the talent to become a play-making safety with Pro Bowl potential if he can sustain his health. NFL Comparison = Bob Sanders

3rd round = DE/OLB DeMarcus Walker, Florida State

Walker's sack totals are impressive, but he's not the type of "early win" sack artist that generally post those types of numbers. He's a base end with power to hold up at the point, but better suited to reduce inside as interior rusher on passing downs. Walker lacks the desired size and physical traits teams look for off the edge; a move to three-technique isn't out of the question.

4th round = DE/NT Eddie Vanderdoes, UCLA

Any evaluation of Vanderdoes is incomplete until studying 2014 and the Virginia game of 2015, but balancing that tape against his 2016 body of work will be the challenge. He's athletic and powerful, but his weight and health of his knee could be a concern. He has the talent to become a disruptive, productive starter if his body bounces back to his earlier form. If not, he's still a solid rotational defensive tackle.

4th round = OG Ethan Cooper, Indiana (PA)

Cooper is tough to get a read on due to the level of competition he plays. He is good but not dominant as a run blocker, which is a little surprising based on his girthy frame. He doesn't play with as much hip torque as you want so he will probably always have some limitations as a drive blocker. He's a decent athlete with an NFL frame and that should help him go as a developmental Day 3 draft prospect.

4th round = RB Kareem Hunt, Toledo

Big back with plus vision and enough elusiveness to make the first defender miss. Feel for the rushing lane helps him choose the correct path between the tackles but lacks the burst to turn the 4-yard run into 14. Zone-scheme runner with serviceable hands out of the backfield. Adequate in most areas and has talent to become a backup that can step in and handle a bigger load if needed.

What do you think?

As for me, while I like Foster as an ILB, I would be disappointed in our miss at a pass rush talent. In this mock, the only defensive front-7 to be picked prior to pick #15 are:

Myles Garrett #1 overall
Solomon Thomas, #3 overall
Jonathan Allen, #9 overall
Derek Barnett, #11 overall

We would have our pick of any other front-7 defender in the draft at #15 in this mock.

Cheers,
Old 03-16-2017, 08:43 AM

I like Foster although he does have a bit of an injury concern, which makes me wary. Bubba Baker i love, but i don't think that this is a position of need as he is similar to Geathers. I don't think you would want to have Geathers and Baker as our safeties against the pass! Walker i don't like at all as a pass rusher.... although he is quite good against the run. Vanderdoes is a decent enough pick in the 4th but i am not sure he is a true NT, and hopefully will be more recovered from his 15 injury. Cooper is a decent pickup, and should provide solid competition at RG. Kareem Hunt would be a solid selection.

Instead of Baker i prefer to take either Bowser to help with the rush, or probably the best player still available at a position of need CB Adoree; Jackson. I would much prefer to take a flyer on Sidney Jones who was still available in this draft in the 3rd than to take Walker.

Actually with the guys still available i would have gone:
Reuben Foster - ILB
Adoree' Jackson - CB
Sidney Jones - CB
Anthony Walker - ILB
And stick with both Cooper and Hunt.....although this still doesn't address the need for a pass rush.

In the long run i think this draft could provide us with 4 or 5 starters for the 2018 season.