ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-05-2020, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I love that Vrabel used Bellicheats tactics to defeat him. Karma is sweet.
That was beautiful.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Solid A on the title
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-05-2020)
Old 01-05-2020, 11:48 AM

I have this strange feeling that BB retires and McDaniels becomes the HC, with Brady as his QB.

Last edited by albany ed; 01-05-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:54 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I have this strange feeling that BB retires and McDaniels become the HC, with Brady as his QB.
We will see. McDaniels will get several job offers. But Belichick is behind that defense and that is what keeps them competitive. Brady won't do so well with a defense that say Peyton had most of the time.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:14 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Its hard for me to not believe that was scripted, and I hate saying that because it sounds like a conspiracy nut. But it felt like a passing of the baton from Belicheck to Vrabel with that run the time down with multiple penalties nonsense. Plus the offside by the Pats during that sequence was so unnecessary, how did that happen?
Since when do pats receivers drop so many easy passes? Brady looked disinterested from the very start, both in his expressions on the sideline as well as what looked like a complete lack of effort on his part on the field. He looked like a defeated boxer who knows he has to take a fall in the 7th round and is just hanging around until its over.

Plus, the pick 6, the exact same play occurred earlier, with a tipped pass (another uncharacteristic drop) going to the DB, who dropped it, and it was like they just repeated it again like it was supposed to happen.
If the Titans win the superbowl, then I'm prone to believe this even more. It is too similar to the 2001 Pats when Brady stepped in for Bledsoe and took them all the way. Now the Titans under Vrabel, who was on that 2001 team, gets Tannehill to step in for Mariota.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

And/or that he perhaps has gotten a little too much credit for winning championships with superior teams surrounding him and a superior head coach on the sidelines for most of his career ........ somewhat similar to Bill Russell in basketball, who almost always had superior teams surrounding him when his Celtics faced off against Wilt Chamberlain's Warriors, 76ers, and Lakers in the post-season.

This season is an example of Brady getting just a taste of what truly great quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Dan Marino had to go through when they would often almost singlehandedly carry average teams into playoff contention, and then get harshly judged and critiqued by the dumb-asses who view winning championships as the ultimate definition of how great a player is/was.

o
Great analysis. BB proved he could still win without Brady but those 11 wins weren't good enough for the post season.
The NFL has become more football stupid by having former players replace journalists. Plus the need to create drama for the 24 hour sport networks to flourish.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I have this strange feeling that BB retires and McDaniels becomes the HC, with Brady as his QB.
I don't see them parting with Brady. For them to get a chance at a replacement they have to be really bad for a season or two.
Brady will give them a hometown discount. I can imagine any other team throwing money at an old QB. It would be interesting to see how he would perform under a different organization.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Vikes playing a lot better than I thought they would
Racehorse (01-05-2020)
Old 01-05-2020, 05:15 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Brees needs to play better in OT or they will be ending on a bad note yet again
Old 01-05-2020, 05:30 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

And/or that he perhaps has gotten a little too much credit for winning championships with superior teams surrounding him and a superior head coach on the sidelines for most of his career ........ somewhat similar to Bill Russell in basketball, who almost always had superior teams surrounding him when his Celtics faced off against Wilt Chamberlain's Warriors, 76ers, and Lakers in the post-season.

This season is an example of Brady getting just a taste of what truly great quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Dan Marino had to go through when they would often almost singlehandedly carry average teams into playoff contention, and then get harshly judged and critiqued by the dumb-asses who view winning championships as the ultimate definition of how great a player is/was.

o
Off topic but since you brought up Russell I will disagree respectfully with you. Bill Russel had superior teams because he was on them. He was in 27 (I could be wrong but it was in the 20's) deciding games (college and pro) in his life. He was 27-0 in those games. His last year they were the fourth seed in the east and still won it all. Russell is the GOAT, if you consider the object is to win.

Do agree on Brady being a POS and having better teams around him though.