ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 10-20-2017, 07:22 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
No it's not. If these players wanted to make a difference instead of pissing off most of the NFL crowds they would pick a different avenue....

Look at the awareness that breast cancer has now because of the approach that was taken. kaperclown could take some of his money and do a PS announcement and I bet he'd have the support of the NFL the players AND the fans on this matter and it would be played during games with many many players and coaches taking part.

So no it's not stupid or retarded
yeah dude

your take is retarded. play it off all you want but we know why white people get mad at the protests. and it has nothing to do with the flag. as evidenced by players getting booed for kneeling in prayer before the anthem.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:12 PM

Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
yeah dude

your take is retarded. play it off all you want but we know why white people get mad at the protests. and it has nothing to do with the flag. as evidenced by players getting booed for kneeling in prayer before the anthem.
You cannot assume as to why people get mad. That is what is retarded.

Further, he is referring to the method of protesting, not the issue. It seems to me that the chosen method is very offensive. If they wanted to make a statement, why not during the post-game interviews? They would have a captive audience in which to air the exact grievances. That seems much better to me.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
you missed pucks point. he isnt comparing the cause but how they went about bringing attention to the cause.
He knew what I meant. He's just channeling his inter Dam and arguing for the sake of arguing
Old 10-21-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
He knew what I meant. He's just channeling his inter Dam and arguing for the sake of arguing
It makes so much more sense, financially speaking, for the NFL to "tackle breast cancer". It is not difficult for the NFL to get behind breast cancer because everyone fucking hates cancer.

Kaepernick's protest stems from much more complicated issues and to act like the NFL could have just done the same thing if Kaepernick or others would just "do it right" is just crap dude.

I don't disagree with your taking offense to the method because that is understandable. But I think at this point most rational people understand this was the only medium these guys were going to be able to have the reach they've had.

It wasn't until people were fucking pissed and the owners went into damage control that we've seen the league suggest they would get behind this player cause in the same way they are behind domestic abuse or cancer.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
It makes so much more sense, financially speaking, for the NFL to "tackle breast cancer". It is not difficult for the NFL to get behind breast cancer because everyone fucking hates cancer.

Kaepernick's protest stems from much more complicated issues and to act like the NFL could have just done the same thing if Kaepernick or others would just "do it right" is just crap dude.

I don't disagree with your taking offense to the method because that is understandable. But I think at this point most rational people understand this was the only medium these guys were going to be able to have the reach they've had.

It wasn't until people were fucking pissed and the owners went into damage control that we've seen the league suggest they would get behind this player cause in the same way they are behind domestic abuse or cancer.
Actually no it isn't just crap. It may have worked to get the attention of the NFL because they are losing Fans. But it is. It doing anything to win the fans over

I'm not comparing breast cancer or domestic violence to this. But the way they are gong about it is not gaining any support except for the people losing money which is the NFL and the owners. Otherwise crowds would be sitting during the anthem and not booing these dumb fucks who are going about it wrong
Mr. Session (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 12:04 PM

Promoting the player's message with the same urgency they do cancer would be a reasonable end to this, imo.

I just don't think it's that easy for the league to say those things. Going forward the league needs to get their paperwork together and their rules straight, and if the players have a beef they need to get it right in the next CBA.

I'm tired of this shit too. The game has changed enough through rule changes and politics already, sometimes I don't even know what I'm watching. The "product", overall, just doesn't feel the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Puck (10-21-2017)