ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 06-21-2017, 04:03 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

eh, close enough to super teams to me.

bulls had two three-peats, 6 chips in 8 years, and could have won more if jordan didnt take a sabbatical. they also had the most wins in a season during that time which stood until recently. they also had a lot of really talented guys on those teams - jordan, pippen, grant, paxson, kerr, rodman.... at the time I would consider them a super team. maybe not quit to the level of what golden state has put together now, but super for the time none the less.

Every championship series in the 80s featured either the lakers or the celtics, and three years had both. Tons of all stars on both teams.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:10 PM

Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
eh, close enough to super teams to me.

bulls had two three-peats, 6 chips in 8 years, and could have won more if jordan didnt take a sabbatical. they also had the most wins in a season during that time which stood until recently. they also had a lot of really talented guys on those teams - jordan, pippen, grant, paxson, kerr, rodman.... at the time I would consider them a super team. maybe not quit to the level of what golden state has put together now, but super for the time none the less.

Every championship series in the 80s featured either the lakers or the celtics, and three years had both. Tons of all stars on both teams.
Bird and Magic made their players better than they would have been without them. Jordan was a one-man wrecking crew that could not be beaten in a series.

I think your qualifier that every series had one of those teams is cherry-picking though. The Sixers were the dominant team in '83, beating out the Celts. The only team close to being a super team was LA, who had Magic (who I think was the best ever), Jabbar and Worthy. However,I think all of those players were drafted by LA, so that's why they get somewhat of a pass while GS and CLE don't.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:46 AM

Celtics had some pretty good teams in the 80s....but I wouldn't call them a Super team.....although if Len Bias hadn't died....they might have become one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts2006 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-22-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,123 Times in 637 Posts

Fuck Paul George, he's overrated anyway fucking Joe Johnson jr trade the bum to LA so he can collect a lot of $$$ and not win shit. Pacers will be fine without him he's no leader nor someone a teammate trusts in clutch situations. We got Myles we'll be fine, Lance and Myles will keep us in the playoffs
Old 06-25-2017, 02:08 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Bird and Magic made their players better than they would have been without them. Jordan was a one-man wrecking crew that could not be beaten in a series.

I think your qualifier that every series had one of those teams is cherry-picking though. The Sixers were the dominant team in '83, beating out the Celts. The only team close to being a super team was LA, who had Magic (who I think was the best ever), Jabbar and Worthy. However,I think all of those players were drafted by LA, so that's why they get somewhat of a pass while GS and CLE don't.
GS drafted their core of curry, thompson, and green. durant is the major one who came in FA. Thats great drafting that took them to two finals, one won and broke all sorts of records. They add a top player and win another.

Jabbar played for milwaukee first then came to the laker
Old 06-25-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post

Jabbar played for milwaukee first then came to the laker
Yeah, I forgot that. Jabbar was there before the others arrived, though. Magic arrived in '79. Rambis in '81. Worthy in '82. Scott in '83. Not sure when Cooper arrived.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Oladipo and Sabonis I'll take it
Old 07-01-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Oladipo and Sabonis I'll take it
Better than the bag of peanuts I thought we'd get when George bent the front office over and broke it off.
Colts2006 (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Better than the bag of peanuts I thought we'd get when George bent the front office over and broke it off.
No doubt, we got 2 starters for 1

1 is 21 years old and reminds me of troy murphy

the other is 24 and is dewayne wade all over