ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
He got this shot, at least in part, because of Reich's relationship with his uncle.

On a completely different side of this, I saw the ESPN mini-headline that said, "Colts Kelly gets two-game ban for October arrest.", and I thought, "Fuck ME! Is Ryan EVER going to play a full 16 game schedule?"
He got in the door because it’s who you know. But he wouldn’t get that chance if he didn’t have arm talent and the fact he has potential. The rest is up to him.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Thanked 1,556 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He got in the door because it’s who you know. But he wouldn’t get that chance if he didn’t have arm talent and the fact he has potential. The rest is up to him.
You're right, of course. I just think that unless there are other GM's/Coaches with a relationship with Uncle Jim, that this might be the last shot he gets.

Personally, I have nothing against him and I hope he becomes an excellent back up, or even trade bait. I'm not counting on it, but here's hoping.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
You're right, of course. I just think that unless there are other GM's/Coaches with a relationship with Uncle Jim, that this might be the last shot he gets.

Personally, I have nothing against him and I hope he becomes an excellent back up, or even trade bait. I'm not counting on it, but here's hoping.
You do know that, if that were to happen, it would mean the season was over don't you?
Old 06-03-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
You do know that, if that were to happen, it would mean the season was over don't you?
No, I was unaware that Kelly becoming our backup QB would mean that our season was in the crapper.

Please, elaborate.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:02 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
No, I was unaware that Kelly becoming our backup QB would mean that our season was in the crapper.

Please, elaborate.
For Kelly to become trade bait he would have to play during the regular season.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
For Kelly to become trade bait he would have to play during the regular season.
Sure, that's one way of looking at it.

Another is that he gets a lot of fourth quarter action in Colts' blow-out wins and he shows potential.

Or he shows a lot in pre-season, sort of like the way that Garroppolo must have in New England.

Look, Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter never got meaningful minutes. It doesn't mean that teams weren't beating the door down with tempting offers trying to pry them away from Polian.

Oh wait...yes it does.

Just hoping he can show a lot in camp and pre-season. Teams are always QB desperate, and if a team, say, near Boston, were to have all of their options behind center go down with sudden UTIs, then maybe we could reap a reward here. All I'm saying.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Sure, that's one way of looking at it.

Another is that he gets a lot of fourth quarter action in Colts' blow-out wins and he shows potential.

Or he shows a lot in pre-season, sort of like the way that Garroppolo must have in New England.

Look, Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter never got meaningful minutes. It doesn't mean that teams weren't beating the door down with tempting offers trying to pry them away from Polian.

Oh wait...yes it does.

Just hoping he can show a lot in camp and pre-season. Teams are always QB desperate, and if a team, say, near Boston, were to have all of their options behind center go down with sudden UTIs, then maybe we could reap a reward here. All I'm saying.
Garroppolo actually showed a lot (enough) when Brady was suspended for cheating and that's why he was traded, if we're being honest (well, that's why his value was what it was. He was traded because Brady forced him out).

If there's one thing we don't want it's for Luck to get hurt again, but him getting suspended is just such a Bizarro World to imagine that I'm not even sure how I could even entertain it.

That said, I don't think it's completely implausible that if a guy could set the world on fire in preseason that if a QB desperate team (their starter just went down for the season) could make an offer. It wouldn't be a stupid offer, but hey, if you can turn a guy that you gave a flyer offer to into a 4th-5th round pick then you do it.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:19 PM

Kelly is going to see very little time in the preseason, we will be giving Brissett considerable playing time i would imagine, next in line is Walker. If Kelly really lights it up in training camp then maybe he sees some preseason action ahead of Walker, but i would be highly surprised if he were to get anything more than 4th maybe 3rd quarter action throughout the entire preseason.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Kelly is going to see very little time in the preseason, we will be giving Brissett considerable playing time i would imagine, next in line is Walker. If Kelly really lights it up in training camp then maybe he sees some preseason action ahead of Walker, but i would be highly surprised if he were to get anything more than 4th maybe 3rd quarter action throughout the entire preseason.
Kelly should get more looks than Phil Walker. Way higher ceiling.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:44 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Kelly should get more looks than Phil Walker. Way higher ceiling.
Fuck that