ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-07-2018, 10:21 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts
Default was Deflate Gate somehow debunked and I missed it?

I keep seeing "Ha ha Kraft getting revenge for Deflate Gate" and a bunch of revisionist history about how there was never any actual cheating, just the jealous NFL and Patriots and Ravens ganging up on the Pats for being too awesome. Typical Pats fan garbage, but I'm seeing it from fans of other teams.

Did I miss something? Were the allegations proven untrue or is this just weak-minded dummies believing the NE narrative because their hype machine said it enough times? The way I remember it Brady destroyed his phone and was uncooperative (hence the suspension), texts from the equipment guys were damning, there was video of one of the equipment guys sneaking the balls into a bathroom, etc.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:25 AM
testcase448

the pats cheated, just like they did before filming practices... just like they'll do tomorrow in a different way.

IT'S WHAT SLIME DOES
Old 02-07-2018, 10:49 AM

A lot of fans from other teams seem to have bought in to the national narrative that deflategate was mostly sour grapes from the Colts organization. It was also around this time that PFT started trashing the Colts and I think a lot of opposing fans got sucked into that mindset.

Irsay didn't do the team any favors with that arrest of his either. I read a lot different nfl stuff and browse other teams message boards, and fair or not most fans from other teams still consider Irsay to be some pill popping meddling clown. I don't think this perception will ever change even with guys like Dungy coming out and saying what a great owner Irsay was to work for.

Unfortunately the Colts have become the joke of the league and many opposing fans and journalist consider them a complete dumpster fire. I try not to let it get to me but it sucks to read constant negative shit about your team for the past three years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Voosh For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I keep seeing "Ha ha Kraft getting revenge for Deflate Gate" and a bunch of revisionist history about how there was never any actual cheating, just the jealous NFL and Patriots and Ravens ganging up on the Pats for being too awesome. Typical Pats fan garbage, but I'm seeing it from fans of other teams.

Did I miss something? Were the allegations proven untrue or is this just weak-minded dummies believing the NE narrative because their hype machine said it enough times? The way I remember it Brady destroyed his phone and was uncooperative (hence the suspension), texts from the equipment guys were damning, there was video of one of the equipment guys sneaking the balls into a bathroom, etc.
Several scientists said that it easily could have been natural causes due to the cold weather.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Several scientists said that it easily could have been natural causes due to the cold weather.
I seem to remember several other scientists saying no, it wouldn't have caused that much of a change in ball pressure. I also remember the Pats doing a bunch of shady shit that innocent people don't do when they're under investigation.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:13 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
I seem to remember several other scientists saying no, it wouldn't have caused that much of a change in ball pressure. I also remember the Pats doing a bunch of shady shit that innocent people don't do when they're under investigation.
Yep, everything each of us said is true. Like the political environment from the last ten years, people will cherry pick the “facts” that support their predetermined conclusion.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

The narrative did change at some point.

But they were hit by the league. They were guilty. Period
Old 02-07-2018, 01:03 PM

The same thing happened with bountygate. The Saints tried to make it seem like all a vendetta against them and turned it into an anti-Goodell tirade to gain favor with some fans and some in the media

They were still guilty though too, no matter how much they whine about it.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
The same thing happened with bountygate. The Saints tried to make it seem like all a vendetta against them and turned it into an anti-Goodell tirade to gain favor with some fans and some in the media

They were still guilty though too, no matter how much they whine about it.
It seems like Goodell is universally hated enough that any scandal can at least get fuzzy if enough people blame it on him.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
It seems like Goodell is universally hated enough that any scandal can at least get fuzzy if enough people blame it on him.
Well he is just as much of a douche and power hungry as those he goes after. Its like the classic South Park argument of picking between the douche and the turd sandwhich