ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-27-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I don't recall it that way. Faulk wanted to renegotiate his contract and stated that he would hold out to get it, like Emmet Smith did. Polian just wouldn't deal with that attitude and shipped him off for very cheap. In his last year with the Colts, he rushed for over 1,300 yards and had over 900 yards receiving. He was only 25 years old. Had they kept him, then traded with Ditka for a shit load of draft choices, I believe they could have become dominant within 2 years. I loved Edge, but he's one man, and he didn't play defense.
I think I remember it this way too. I for sure remember I was pissed when Polian came and traded Faulk.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:57 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
It's about the team. Give the ball to faulk on 1st and ten and if the hole wasnt there he would bob and weave and take a 3 yard loss. Now it's on Manning to go fix it.

You give Edge the ball on first down and fights to get 3 yards. Now it's second and 7 and the QB doesn't need to pull it out of his ass. Edge would get you 3 yards falling out of bed and NEVER bitched about getting the ball.

He played a year with TWO high ankle sprains. He bitched about not getting his bonus, but he made every freaking game. Thats why Jim payed him his bonus, he played every game and played for the team
Maybe in '96-'97 and at the start of '98, but I remember that once the O started clicking in Peyton's rookie year Faulk seemed to buy in and he had a hell of a year.

At any rate I'm not saying that Faulk was a better fit than Edge b/c he wasn't. What I am saying is that Faulk, Bailey/Holt, extra picks in several rounds of the '99 draft, and the 2nd overall pick and an extra 3rd rounder in the '00 draft would have been better than Edge, Peterson, and Scioli.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
albany ed (01-27-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

So Brett Kolman reviews the senior bowl and the top ten players at it. Good watch.

And then he drops this bomb; the Colts love Jordan Love. Apparently the Colts really want Jordan Love and it is the worst kept secret right now.

Brett Kolman Video Link
Old 02-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

And then he drops this bomb; the Colts love Jordan Love. Apparently the Colts really want Jordan Love and it is the worst kept secret right now.

Brett Kolman Video Link
I hope all the talk about Jordan Love is smoke and mirrors. Ballard went to Notre Dame once and never mentioned Nelson again (publicly) until the pick was announced.

Personally out on a limb prediction but I see Dolphins trading the 1.05 & 2.07 to the Lions for the 1.03 to insure that they get Tua Tagovailoa. Then the Lions trading the 1.05 to the Colts for the 1.13 & 2.02 and the Colts take Justin Herbert leap frogging the Chargers @ 1.06 to do so? Give Herbert this season or part of it to learn and step in for Jacoby next year or earlier should Brissett falter.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
I hope all the talk about Jordan Love is smoke and mirrors. Ballard went to Notre Dame once and never mentioned Nelson again (publicly) until the pick was announced.

Personally out on a limb prediction but I see Dolphins trading the 1.05 & 2.07 to the Lions to insure that they get Tua Tagovailoa. Then the Dolphins trading the 1.05 to the Colts for the 1.13 & 2.02 and the Colts take Justin Herbert leap frogging the Chargers @ 1.06 to do so? Give Herbert this season or part of it to learn and step in for Jacoby next year or earlier should Brissett falter.
I’m not particularly sold on Love either. I’m not a scout though. The main thing I want is for them to target and get who they believe can be a franchise guy and not just accept “the best available” that falls to them at QB. If they really think it’s Love, I’m fine with it. I personally like your scenario as I prefer Herbert to Love and I like them moving up to get their guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (02-11-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 02:29 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:

Yeah - it was widely covered in the press all of the times Ballard traveled to Utah State games to scout Love.

I wonder who Dodds was scouting at this same time???

Quote:
Personally out on a limb prediction but I see Dolphins trading the 1.05 & 2.07 to the Lions for the 1.03 to insure that they get Tua Tagovailoa. Then the Lions trading the 1.05 to the Colts for the 1.13 & 2.02 (Corrected Thanks)
I'm confused. How can the Dolphins trade 1.05 twice? Or perhaps that is what makes it out on a limb??
Old 02-11-2020, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Yeah - it was widely covered in the press all of the times Ballard traveled to Utah State games to scout Love.

I wonder who Dodds was scouting at this same time???

I'm confused. How can the Dolphins trade 1.05 twice? Or perhaps that is what makes it out on a limb??
(Corrected Thanks)