ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 07-07-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
... We will see if the entire scientific establishment is correct, or if the trumpists got it right. over time.
And this seems to be the crux of the problem.

See, I have 4 doctors in my family; father-in-law, brother, brother-in-law and cousin-in-law. All are still practicing except my 70 year old father-in-law. Different specialties all over the mid-west.

Their experience with their peers working COVID differ from yours. My father-in-law has even gone so far as to use the word "hoax" on its mortality rate.

So, using a phrase like "the entire scientific establishment" seems interesting because my family says they see as many studies that refute much of what is being recommended by the CDC as supports it.

Why it is called the "practice" of medicine, I guess!
Old 07-07-2020, 06:17 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Honestly, I am licking doorknobs trying to get it.

Yeah, there is a chance that I could get serious medical compilations from it or die, but I can do that at a MUCH higher risk percentage while driving to work every day. Have you seen some folks driving?

Yeah, if I get it, there is a chance that I could pass it to someone else. That is true of EVERY communicable disease on the planet. COVID is no different. We cannot completely change our lives based on a chance...and, honestly, a unbelievably small chance as long as the person you are interacting with is under the age of 75 and does not already have serious health issues.

Herd immunity hits when 93% of the population has the virus. I am just trying to do my part of helping us get there as a nation.

At 51 and with some of the "risk" factors (high blood pressure, high blood sugar), I knew that life would not be risk free.

I rate this about as dangerous of my getting skin cancer due to spending too much time outside without sun block as a teenager building tennis courts for my summer job. It might happen and it might not but I don't think the risk is higher for me dying from COVID, honestly.

And, my personal pet theory, if it were not an election year, this would have passed with about as much concern as when 85,000 Americans died during the 2018-2019 winter from the flu. No news articles. No national freak out. Just.....life. This fear mongering is primarily an effort to effect a Presidential election. If it were in a non-election year...

My personal freedoms don't end where another person's fears begin.
Herd immunity is a fallacy if the antibodies only last a short time, just like no one gets herd immunity from the flu or colds.

Good luck offing yourself though. Hopefully you do it without killing anyone else along the way.

Last edited by Maniac; 07-07-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Not in the healthcare field or nothing like a medical professional but when this shit first come around they were acting like if you get it you die which isn’t the case at all, the games must go on, thousands still go to work everyday what’s the difference no fans just pickup games in a gym we can’t lock ourselves in the house forever make people sign waivers to attend games if they choose if you don’t feel safe don’t go period but life has to go on this isn’t the zombie apocalypse it’s being made out to be
Old 07-07-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Not in the healthcare field or nothing like a medical professional but when this shit first come around they were acting like if you get it you die which isn’t the case at all, the games must go on, thousands still go to work everyday what’s the difference no fans just pickup games in a gym we can’t lock ourselves in the house forever make people sign waivers to attend games if they choose if you don’t feel safe don’t go period but life has to go on this isn’t the zombie apocalypse it’s being made out to be
People go to work everyday, but if they get coronavirus, they have to stay home and quarantine. You can have fans sign waivers all you want, but if a bunch of players, coaches, refs, etc are getting the virus, then you're not going to have games. There is too much liability risk for the NFL just to not give a damn and play no matter what.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Brylok (07-08-2020), Colts And Orioles (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

The other thing that no one is talking about is this thing could have long term repercussion on the human body. Just bc you survive doesn’t mean it won’t hurt you. Athletes are starting to complain they can’t get back to the peak they were at before getting sick. The virus attacks the lungs and could cause long term damage and hurt your ability to process oxygen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (07-08-2020), JAFF (07-09-2020), Maniac (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 02:56 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
The other thing that no one is talking about is this thing could have long term repercussion on the human body. Just bc you survive doesn’t mean it won’t hurt you. Athletes are starting to complain they can’t get back to the peak they were at before getting sick. The virus attacks the lungs and could cause long term damage and hurt your ability to process oxygen.
true, but hey, it's 'merica! fuck masks! fuck all those other countries where masks and distancing worked to bring down the infection rate! Pres says its a farce and he never lies!
hee-yaw!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (07-08-2020), Maniac (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
true, but hey, it's 'merica! fuck masks! fuck all those other countries where masks and distancing worked to bring down the infection rate! Pres says its a farce and he never lies!
hee-yaw!!!
Really odd that Trump, Pence, and the entire white house staff get tested and screened daily when they think it's a farce.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-09-2020), omahacolt (08-04-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
People go to work everyday, but if they get coronavirus, they have to stay home and quarantine. You can have fans sign waivers all you want, but if a bunch of players, coaches, refs, etc are getting the virus, then you're not going to have games. There is too much liability risk for the NFL just to not give a damn and play no matter what.
The games will go on just like life, a lot of people have already had it but until there’s a vaccine this is how it’s gonna be. If they wanna be pussies about it keep your ass at home there’s plenty willing to replace you hell for all we know coronavirus was here during the end of last season
Old 07-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Once again sounds like someone being a pussy to me, lock yourself in the house until they develop a vaccine then I guess
Old 07-08-2020, 11:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
hee-yaw!!!
That shit pisses me off to no end. I don’t know how that got politicized but it’s ridiculous. Idiots. I’ll die for this country, I’ll fight whoever for this country, etc. but I refuse to be mildly inconvenienced for a few minutes in order to help protect my fellow citizens. Just maddening. I don’t know why people are listening to a president on medical matters.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (07-09-2020), HoosierinFL (07-09-2020), Maniac (07-09-2020), rcubed (07-09-2020)