ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Credit Luck for that right? Tens of millions of dollars, a new kid on the way and a desire to travel the world. Should he go in IR or go do what he wants.

Jacoby Brisset is the QB of the Indianapolis Colts.

What Luck does with his time is none of my concern, save that I wish him well and wish him happiness.
If he goes on IR, they are going to want him to do rehab, and he's had enough of that. Good for him. If they keep him around, they are hoping he will get the competitive juices flowing, and get the urge to play.

If he goes off and just lives his life, he might want to come back. The best rehab is being away and not getting the shit knocked out of you on a weekly basis. The best way to find out if you miss it is to be AWAY from it. He's a smart kid.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Pez (08-27-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

We can still win with jacoby, it sucks but fuck it I was getting sick of the bullshit time to move on I’d rather have someone that wants to be out there
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Pez (08-27-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Even if he changes his mind in a few months, is feeling better. He can't come back this season. He would have to clear waivers.

If he wants to come back it would have to be next year. I'm kind of 50/50 on whether he will do it. I think he will regret how all this played out. I think he will also miss the competition and his teammates. Players have repeatedly said they miss it after they leave. But I really do think a lot of this was in his head. I think things just got to him and he broke down. The whole event was surreal and blew up. I'm afraid he is going to be reduced to a meme and associated with quitting.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:29 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
This was in Peter King's article. Irsay, Ballard, and Reich spoke with Luck over the course of a few days, bringing up options like "go on IR, take your time to get healthy, and we'll see from there."

But Luck was done mentally. It's why I don't think a future return is realistic. Luck knows the toll that football will take on his body and mind. He recently missed an entire season. If that wasn't enough to spark his desire to just get back on the field at all costs, then retirement probably won't either.
I agree. That really sealed it for me. I think the dude has hated football since at least the lost season and has basically just been going through the motions.

I don’t mean to say that he was half assing anything, just that he hated what he was doing the entire time he was doing it. He finally had enough.

I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if he ever decided to return.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:40 AM

He won't return. He has other interests beyond football

Oddly if he had gone to IR this season, my reaction would have been that he might as well just retire

I know he went through a lot and the Colts did nothing under Grigson to protect him, but once he injured his shoulder and had to do major rehab, I agree he was no longer into it.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:15 AM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I agree. That really sealed it for me. I think the dude has hated football since at least the lost season and has basically just been going through the motions.

I don’t mean to say that he was half assing anything, just that he hated what he was doing the entire time he was doing it. He finally had enough.

I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if he ever decided to return.
If he hated it last year, why did he wait until now to retire? That is the part that I just don't get.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:15 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
If he hated it last year, why did he wait until now to retire? That is the part that I just don't get.
That is why I think its in his head. Reich said this injury was nothing compared to the shoulder. But they needed to know if he was going to suit up and what his decision is. This happens when someone is thinking of doing something drastic. I think in a couple months, maybe 3, maybe 6, he is going to regret how it all went down.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Yes I don't get that either, but I am under the impression, because we went through this same preseason "when will he play" scenario last year, which in retrospect probably was again nothing physical but more mental, he considered it and somehow changed his mind

It would have made much more sense last year and I would not have as much of a problem with it, oddly. you come back though and look great and literally are on the verge in the next few years of a SB title, then you decide to retire.

Makes no sense to me. truly great players don't retire when they have a chance to win a title. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Montana, Marino, even in other sports, Bird, Kobe, Lebron, you name it, you have a season coming up like this, you COULD be physically healthy and they CAN play and will likely be contenders, they aren't walking away.

The only way who did that was Jordan, twice. And both time he came back after doing it. ANd he had already won 3 and 6 titles at those times.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:43 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Reich's presser yesterday was very interesting, he talked about how they've used the term paradox to sort of put this all in the proper context, and I can appreciate that to a large degree. You can certainly love something but also feel burdened by it, no question.

However, what I can't appreciate are the tale tell signs that dispute some of the things Luck said at the podium and some of the things done leading up to that- including the ludicrous warm ups thing the week prior- whoever orchestrated that, and that's absolutely what that was, should be ashamed of themselves- and that may very well be him!

I don't see him ever wanting to return to the NFL- he will be jeered til the end of the earth. The XFL... now that could be real interesting to keep an eye on over the next few years...
Old 08-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Accidental Administrator

I don't want him back after this, for many of the same reasons I didn't want Leveon Bell in free agency. I have tons of respect for Luck, but if he is going to pull shit like this he at least owes it to us to stick to his decision. Go enjoy life, have fun, raise your kids, do great things.

Grigson chose not to recognize that he was the future of the franchise and chose not to fix the line. Combine that with Pep Hamilton requiring him to stay in the pocket for six seconds on 3rd and 2, add Chuck Pagano and you have a nor'easter that ended Lucks career.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."